• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Development [ROM][R][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 for POCO X3 Pro [vayu]

Search This thread

HastaPasta

Oct 11, 2021
Nobody hears me during outgoing Telegram calls; incoming Telegram calls work fine. Anyone else has this problem, any advice?

Updating LineageOS to latest version, reflashing latest firmware, nuking Telegram or its settings, reapplying permissions didn't help.
I got a fix yesterday.. I can't qualify it accurately tho

Install James DSP and you need to experiment with mic settings if not right

I can't bottom out the issue but it works on my poco x3 pro now after several days low to no mic dB

Reactions: NCi5

d_g_m_2000

Jul 6, 2015
Samsung Galaxy S9
Xiaomi Mi A2
so, today my bank app detects the unlock bootloader so it says that my device is not longer a trusted one and 'cause i don't want to root it and use the magiskhide (which ir already on its last days) guess this is my last post. thanks for all the help guys!! see you on the other side!

Lu5ck

Dec 18, 2013
so, today my bank app detects the unlock bootloader so it says that my device is not longer a trusted one and 'cause i don't want to root it and use the magiskhide (which ir already on its last days) guess this is my last post. thanks for all the help guys!! see you on the other side!
Magisk alpha not on its last days though

Hotty Capy

Jul 11, 2021
Nagasaki Bio Park
tlinks.run
Hello, everyone! I bought POCO X3 Pro recently, so now I am choosing a good ROM for it.
My priorities are security, privacy and stability.
From my experience on other smartphones, I love the concept of projects like LineageOS and MicroG, but I'm not really familiar with other popular ROM's here.
I want to ask a few questions about official version of LineageOS. Maybe some users here can help me find answers to them.
1. Are everything more or less stable these days? Is every function of our device works correctly, or some of them not yet? What exactly are not work or work bad/not really good at the moment? I don't need NFC support and SafetyNet certification features at all, so I'm fine with that if these two are not working.
2. How about camera? I read here in this topic that Google Camera should work fine on Lineage, but how good is it exactly? What modes and lenses works, what not? How many megapixels we can get with GCam? Maybe, there are also some good MIUI camera ports or OpenCamera versions, that I should know about?
3. Are answers on the questions above fit also for LineageOS for MicroG project? I understand, that you can not guarantee it at all, but should it be the same at least in theory on same versions of Lineage build?
Great thanks for any answers and help in advance! Just want to know few details before actually flashing the ROM =)

Lu5ck

Dec 18, 2013
Hello, everyone! I bought POCO X3 Pro recently, so now I am choosing a good ROM for it.
My priorities are security, privacy and stability.
From my experience on other smartphones, I love the concept of projects like LineageOS and MicroG, but I'm not really familiar with other popular ROM's here.
I want to ask a few questions about official version of LineageOS. Maybe some users here can help me find answers to them.
1. Are everything more or less stable these days? Is every function of our device works correctly, or some of them not yet? What exactly are not work or work bad/not really good at the moment? I don't need NFC support and SafetyNet certification features at all, so I'm fine with that if these two are not working.
2. How about camera? I read here in this topic that Google Camera should work fine on Lineage, but how good is it exactly? What modes and lenses works, what not? How many megapixels we can get with GCam? Maybe, there are also some good MIUI camera ports or OpenCamera versions, that I should know about?
3. Are answers on the questions above fit also for LineageOS for MicroG project? I understand, that you can not guarantee it at all, but should it be the same at least in theory on same versions of Lineage build?
Great thanks for any answers and help in advance! Just want to know few details before actually flashing the ROM =)
Call recording is not enabled.

The stock camera app is partially broken but on gcam with custom configs, there are 3 camera modules so I assume all the lenses are working. I don't really know much about this camera stuffs.

I don't use microg but I assume it should work.

Reactions: Hotty Capy

pocox3pro1

Nov 26, 2021

Can someone answer my question (it is kinda urgent)

Hotty Capy

Jul 11, 2021
Nagasaki Bio Park
tlinks.run
Call recording is not enabled.

The stock camera app is partially broken but on gcam with custom configs, there are 3 camera modules so I assume all the lenses are working. I don't really know much about this camera stuffs.

I don't use microg but I assume it should work.
Hi, @Lu5ck ! Thank you very much for your answer. It helps a lot :)
It's also interesting, does main camera 48MP module work in Google or default camera app, or it's only 12MP or something like it on LOS. My other phone required some special module installation on custom ROM's to enable 64MP over default 16MP.

HastaPasta

Oct 11, 2021
Hi, @Lu5ck ! Thank you very much for your answer. It helps a lot :)
It's also interesting, does main camera 48MP module work in Google or default camera app, or it's only 12MP or something like it on LOS. My other phone required some special module installation on custom ROM's to enable 64MP over default 16MP.
I only tried one of several configs and it is 8MP. I asked on developer thread. Someone responded that the camera mod software was based on a specific pixel phone model which at the time was 12MP and that's the max

Hotty Capy

Jul 11, 2021
Nagasaki Bio Park
tlinks.run
I only tried one of several configs and it is 8MP. I asked on developer thread. Someone responded that the camera mod software was based on a specific pixel phone model which at the time was 12MP and that's the max
Hi! Thanks for answering. :)
Oh, I see. So, if it is about camera app, it means, that it would be the same not only on LOS but also on any other custom not-MIUI based ROM, right?

Lu5ck

Dec 18, 2013
Oh, I see. So, if it is about camera app, it means, that it would be the same not only on LOS but also on any other custom not-MIUI based ROM, right?
you need some kind of modifications to enable 48mps but we dont have a genius that can figure out what needed
u also need a gcam that support 48mp

HastaPasta

Oct 11, 2021
My camera is 12 MP. It did show 8MP for a while, not sure why. I've heard you can do certain things to improve upon it but I don't know details. This popular gcam telegram group might be a good spot to head over and ask. About various stock or custom ROM, your asked, that's also my understanding

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just installed LOS on my Poco X3 Pro and i have to say that at the moment all runs OK. I found no bugs.
    But... there is something that i miss, in CrDoid i have options to restart to recovery but in LOS i can't see that option.
    Settings > System > Advanced > Gestures > Power Menu and enable Advanced restart
    Official recovery = LOS recovery

and

If you want to root your device, you must use TWRP and Magisk. Note that the OTA update with LOS recovery does not preserve Magisk (i.e. root), unlike TWRP.
    it's a problem from Magisk an encrypted /data partion wit LOS Recovery. with twrp the partition has to be decrypted before the update is imported. therefore it works with twrp. But there is lygist - a fork of magisk with a patch. the magist developer has not interested to install the patch for months. uses lygisk and an ota update works with Lineageos recovery. I use it on all my devices without any problems.
    Yes, the stock camera app is buggy.
    I recently discovered it is because for whatever reason the maintainer added the stock camera to "vendor.camera.aux.packagelist" which afaik historically has issue with aux therefore usually is added to "vendor.camera.aux.packageexcludelist" instead.

Unfortunately, I am busy to upload an pull request for it. Anyone free can upload an pull request to change that. While at it, also add opencamera amd whatever robust cameras to the packagelist.

I also having the telegram outgoing call mic bug, unfortunately I don't have time to test it to determine exactly what going on with that.

At the meantime, feel free to spam the maintainer to fix the problems! :D
    cheers, but im more bothered about setting up all apps and setting again, hence wanting to recover LOS from a backup once L1 is restored
    DRM are not stored in /data ... yes you can restore your LOS backup from TWRP
    Thank you for your advice.
    GCam works nice but if I want to watch the pictures I've just taken I can't do it from the app, I have to install Google Photos for that. And i don't agree with that. My first goal when I root a phone is to get rid of a lot of Google apps.
    I'm testing Open Camera, it seems to be good enough for what I need.
    Thanks again, for your time 👍
    My GCam app is NGCam_7.4.104-v2.0 ... enabling the use of a third-party gallery (i.e. gallery stock app).
    Don't use NGCam_8xxx.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11.0 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Downloads
    Here

Flashing instructions
    Here

Sources:
    LineageOS

Happy modding!
    Thanks for finally releasing LineageOS, but you devs are 3 months too late... ArrowOS has inadvertently stolen my heart in your absence, lol.
    Someone asked?
    New update out
    Thanks for finally releasing LineageOS, but you devs are 3 months too late... ArrowOS has inadvertently stolen my heart in your absence, lol.
    The next build should be official (thanks to SebaUbuntu) - https://www.lineageoslog.com/18.1/vayu