• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Development [ROM][R][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 for POCO X3 Pro [vayu]

Search This thread

Lu5ck

Dec 18, 2013
Still doesn't work here!
wait for next nightly :|

hmm i seem a little bit stuck on installing los 18.1 on a new poco x3 pro. i tried it as i normaly did, with a clean first install but on step seems not to work like on other phones i already installed los (mi 9 lite, poco x3 without pro, poco m3 just to mention the phones i installed lately)

thats what i did:

it was at stock on latest eu official rom 12.5.3.0

1. unlock Phone
2. install twrp (took the official one 3.6.11 i think) via fastboot
3. directly boot into twrp recovery to make it permanently
4. there format data (confirm with yes)
5. reboot to recovery (to get the partititons back)
6. install latest los nightly

but with steps 4-5 there seems to be a problem - because after rebooting into recovery in step 5 i usually copied the los zip over and then continued with step 6 but now on x3 pro the file system on the pc does not show up so i can not copy anything to it but on the phone it shows normaly with ~200gigs of space

when i copy the los.zip onto an sdcard so that i do not need to copy it onto the phone after step 5 i get error 1 because some partitions like /system_ext; /product; /vendor and /odm can not be mounted.

so how can i perform a really clean install if format data does not seem to work ? or is there another way to go with the poco x3 pro to get a clean install with formated data ?

In Poco X3 Pro, once you format data, you will lose the data partition until you boot into system. Since you already lost your data partition, you need to install via sideload.

ilovebytes

Sep 2, 2010
yeah thanks for clearification - as i said i did install a stock rom with miflash to get the partitions back and did it then like @k3lcior said - format data after installing los and gapps and this way it worked like it should.

but the install would also have worked withou doing this and just installing los from the external sd card - the error 1 i got was not because i did format data before installing los but because my los.zip somehow got corrupted during download or coping it to the sd card.

After downloading newest nightly again it worked like a charm also when formating data before installing, but only from external sd card, as built in memory is not available from pc, because of how you said data partition is lost until next boot into system.

TheMrTesla

Aug 22, 2021
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
The stock recorder is just a voice recorder though....
Screenshot_20211202-181541_WhatsApp.png

The stock recorder used to look like this
edit: i had an old phone with lineage 17.1 --> updated it to 18.1 and i got the recorder which could only record sounds.
managed to grab the old apk though but couldn't install it.

-------------------------

Also, what happened to ''local terminal'' in 18.1?

Last edited:

Lu5ck

Dec 18, 2013
View attachment 5473265

The stock recorder used to look like this
edit: i had an old phone with lineage 17.1 --> updated it to 18.1 and i got the recorder which could only record sounds.
managed to grab the old apk though but couldn't install it.

-------------------------

Also, what happened to ''local terminal'' in 18.1?
There is a builtin recorder at notification quick settings, I think that could record screen.

The built in terminal is removed, AOSP deprecated it.

danj88

Jun 2, 2012
Bug: if you hold the phone with your finger over the power button (touching, not pressing), it causes scrolling in browser to stop & start intermittently. Something, possibly the inbuilt fingerprint sensor, is interfering with browser scrolling.

Lu5ck

Dec 18, 2013
Bug: if you hold the phone with your finger over the power button (touching, not pressing), it causes scrolling in browser to stop & start intermittently. Something, possibly the inbuilt fingerprint sensor, is interfering with browser scrolling.
I don't have your problem

danj88

Jun 2, 2012
Strange. I didn't have this issue on stock.

Please see attached videos showing the scrolling difference when my finger is on (but not pressing) the power button

Model: Poco X3 Pro 8/256

Clean install w/ data formatted

Stock browser. Also happens in Bromite and Firefox.

Attachments

• normal scrolling.mp4
    6.2 MB · Views: 0
  • scrolling while finger on button.mp4
    3.4 MB · Views: 0

Lu5ck

Dec 18, 2013

Please see attached videos showing the scrolling difference when my finger is on (but not pressing) the power button

I use chrome, no issue.
I installed firefox to see, no issue either.
I also move my finger around the power button, no issue either.

Did you enable certain things which cause that?

popej

Feb 17, 2008
www.gmaptool.eu
No issue for me either. Are you sure that it is because of scanner? Maybe touchscreen is too sensitive. Try position your finger similarly to screen but not near to scanner.

Reactions: TheMrTesla

eriol1

Feb 16, 2015

I'm experiencing the same.

Only seems to happen when covering the sensor in a way that a fingerprint would be recognized.

If I scroll and then touch the sensor, scrolling stops suddenly as if I touched the screen.

This does not happen on chrome home screen, only on actual web pages.

I'm on a build from mid October if that makes a difference.

In any case I'm not much bothered by this. Didn't even notice it until now 😅

Reactions: danj88

NCi5

Apr 8, 2017
Call volume is too loud even at lowest setting. It's a rather small problem, but it exists for me.

gringo80

Jun 8, 2018
Call volume is too loud even at lowest setting. It's a rather small problem, but it exists for me.
Reflash your rom zip again (+/- gapps) then just flash the fix in TWRP/OF if you don't know how to set permissions ... this will resolve the problem.

Sometimes mounting /vendor with root explorer can lead to this issue (loud sound or even a bootloop) to happen ! (this partition uses compressed blocks)

Last edited:
Reactions: NCi5

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just installed LOS on my Poco X3 Pro and i have to say that at the moment all runs OK. I found no bugs.
    But... there is something that i miss, in CrDoid i have options to restart to recovery but in LOS i can't see that option.
    Settings > System > Advanced > Gestures > Power Menu and enable Advanced restart
    Yes, the stock camera app is buggy.
    I recently discovered it is because for whatever reason the maintainer added the stock camera to "vendor.camera.aux.packagelist" which afaik historically has issue with aux therefore usually is added to "vendor.camera.aux.packageexcludelist" instead.

Unfortunately, I am busy to upload an pull request for it. Anyone free can upload an pull request to change that. While at it, also add opencamera amd whatever robust cameras to the packagelist.

I also having the telegram outgoing call mic bug, unfortunately I don't have time to test it to determine exactly what going on with that.

At the meantime, feel free to spam the maintainer to fix the problems! :D
    Official recovery = LOS recovery

and

If you want to root your device, you must use TWRP and Magisk. Note that the OTA update with LOS recovery does not preserve Magisk (i.e. root), unlike TWRP.
    it's a problem from Magisk an encrypted /data partion wit LOS Recovery. with twrp the partition has to be decrypted before the update is imported. therefore it works with twrp. But there is lygist - a fork of magisk with a patch. the magist developer has not interested to install the patch for months. uses lygisk and an ota update works with Lineageos recovery. I use it on all my devices without any problems.
    @SebaUbuntu

FYI, "Vidéo failed" message in video mode with stock camera app.

Happy new year 2022 !
    cheers, but im more bothered about setting up all apps and setting again, hence wanting to recover LOS from a backup once L1 is restored
    DRM are not stored in /data ... yes you can restore your LOS backup from TWRP
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11.0 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Downloads
    Here

Flashing instructions
    Here

Sources:
    LineageOS

Happy modding!
    Thanks for finally releasing LineageOS, but you devs are 3 months too late... ArrowOS has inadvertently stolen my heart in your absence, lol.
    Someone asked?
    New update out
    Thanks for finally releasing LineageOS, but you devs are 3 months too late... ArrowOS has inadvertently stolen my heart in your absence, lol.
    The next build should be official (thanks to SebaUbuntu) - https://www.lineageoslog.com/18.1/vayu