Development [ROM][T][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 20 for POCO X3 Pro [vayu/bhima]

Search This thread

bavay

Jul 18, 2018
I have tried for a few days to install LineageOS 18.1 on a new Xiaomi X3 pro, to no avail (only LineageOS 18.1, no other images on top of it for the moment). The bootloader is unlocked, I can boot into TWRP or Lineageos recovery without any problems, the flashing seems to got fine but it gets stuck in a bootloop (LineageOS logo animation) when booting to system. I've tried formatting the data partition before the first boot, nothing seems to help. Does anybody has any idea what I should try? (I have followed the official instructions as well as https://xdaforums.com/t/a-newbie-question-about-x3-pro-with-lineageos.4331555/post-85609095)

PS: after a few minutes, it reboots into a special mode of recovery and tells me that the boot failed, offering to try again or perform a factory reset. Nothing has helped so far...

k3lcior

Feb 23, 2011
Kraków
Moto G5
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
I have tried for a few days to install LineageOS 18.1 on a new Xiaomi X3 pro, to no avail (only LineageOS 18.1, no other images on top of it for the moment). The bootloader is unlocked, I can boot into TWRP or Lineageos recovery without any problems, the flashing seems to got fine but it gets stuck in a bootloop (LineageOS logo animation) when booting to system. I've tried formatting the data partition before the first boot, nothing seems to help. Does anybody has any idea what I should try? (I have followed the official instructions as well as https://xdaforums.com/t/a-newbie-question-about-x3-pro-with-lineageos.4331555/post-85609095)

PS: after a few minutes, it reboots into a special mode of recovery and tells me that the boot failed, offering to try again or perform a factory reset. Nothing has helped so far...
Redownload ROM maybe corrupted download and make sure it's for correct device, dont flash Gapps or any other mods / custom kernels to make sure they are not the cause for the bootloop.
After flashing the ROM (before rebooting to system) Format Data (format where you have to agree by typing "yes", not wipe)

bavay

Jul 18, 2018
Redownload ROM maybe corrupted download and make sure it's for correct device, dont flash Gapps or any other mods / custom kernels to make sure they are not the cause for the bootloop.
After flashing the ROM (before rebooting to system) Format Data (format where you have to agree by typing "yes", not wipe)
I had already tried with 3 different nightlies (pure, no gapps or other mods) and it did not work. Today I saw a new nightly (20220429) and this one worked straight from the first try! Now everything works, including gapps (the version from 2022-02-15, because version 2022-04-xx did not work and also caused a bootloop).

Tomo123

I see many conflicting posts on the matter, so I'll ask...

Do I flash rom, GApps, Magisk, THEN format data?
Or, do I format data, THEN flash rom, GApps, Magisk?

I mean, there are like, a thousand conflicting answers on this thread alone, it's rediculous.

Does TWRP recovery for Poco X3 Pro recognize external SD cards without issues, so I can have my files on there and use them for flashing?

Tomo123

Just flashed LineageOS, along with GApps and Magisk. Everything works as it should, but there is one problem I am encountering...

Headphone volume during calls is too loud. Meaning, even while the call volume is on the lowest level, it can still be heard through the headphone speaker.

Basically, this:
https://gitlab.com/LineageOS/issues/android/-/issues/4331

Any solutions for the issue?! The way like it is now, there is no privacy during the call.

k3lcior

Feb 23, 2011
Kraków
Moto G5
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
I remember multiple people complained about this on MIUI forums aswell, i think it's just device specific how the headphone speaker is placed or something.
Maybe try some apps which lets you lower volume further.

Tomo123

Had the devil up my ass for the last few hours, so I decided to flash ArrowOS 11 and see if the same problem exists in there.

Nope, ArrowOS has no issues with high call volume, even on the lowest setting. In fact, on the lowest setting you can barely hear the call.

I am staying on ArrowOS until this is solved. Sad thing is that I really, REALLY wanted to use LineageOS, but having NO PRIVACY during calls is no-go for me...

Really hoping dev @SebaUbuntu looks into the issue.

Reactions: yevac

yevac

Jun 14, 2020
Actually now that you mention it @Tomo123 my call volume is pretty loud and I have it on lowest setting possible. It's no different if I'm using headset or just device for calls. Never thought to mention it before as its not too bad in my case. There is one elderly lady I deal with though. She speaks louder than opera singers so the phone is held at a distance during those calls!

gringo80

Account currently disabled
Jun 8, 2018
Exactly! For me, that is a serious issue, as anyone standing near me can hear everything being spoken on the other side. And call volume is quite loud, even on lowest setting.

How come ArrowOS 11 got that fixed, but not LineageOS? It's been reported quite a while back...
I will repost the full audio fix again here, (posted months ago ... i don't remember wich page to link !)

Here are the features :

- fix "Earpiece" volume
- fix voice over handset (Telegram, Duo & Signal)
- Audio recording : use HQ mic (no more muffled sound / loud & crystal clear)
- Video recording : use high audio bitrate
- Speakers : use true 24-bit stereo playback
- Bluetooth : aptX™ HD [up to 48KHz/24-bit]
- SoundFX : use them corretcly with AudioFX app (effects were inverted when switched ON !)
- audio daemons : lower CPU usage in background

I stronlgy recommend to use my TWRP version wich allows flashing MODS "corretcly" ... LOS recovery is not recommended !

If you are interested to my full LineageOS 18.1 MOD for [vayu/bhima], go here ... but read the features.txt before !

Attachments

• [TWRP][LOS 18.1] Full Audio Optimization [vayu][bhima].zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 119
Last edited:

gringo80

Account currently disabled
Jun 8, 2018
Thank you for providing this. Someone will find the solution welcoming, but I, personally, would rather wait for the official fix... if it ever becomes available.
The maintainer is (likely) not interested by audio quality in anyway ... and since the basic stuff meets the LOS requirement, then never expect any improvement especially if the maintainer is busy with other devices.

FYI, audio issues for vayu/bhima are present since the beginnig and have never been fixed till now in the official builds (about 6 months or more) ... and here are the known issues :

. Earpiece : output volume too high
. Call out not heard in TG, Duo & Signal (when using audio call only)
. Audio Recording : muffled and too low
. Speaker : output limited to 16-bit
. BT : aptX limited to 44KHz/16-bit
. Audio Effects inverted : when you switch ON, the effects disapper with weird hollow BASS
. MP3/M4A playback : AudioFX doesn't take any effect !
. audio services : high CPU usage

So, if you can deal with this forever or want to wait ... then, good for you !
(y)

Last edited:

stevarino

Feb 22, 2017
The maintainer is (likely) not interested by audio quality in anyway ... and since the basic stuff meets the LOS requirement, then never expect any improvement especially if the maintainer is busy with other devices.

FYI, audio issues for vayu/bhima are present since the beginnig and have never been fixed till now in the official builds (about 6 months or more) ... and here are the known issues :

. Earpiece : output volume too high
. Call out not heard in TG, Duo & Signal (when using audio call only)
. Audio Recording : muffled and too low
. Speaker : output limited to 16 bits
. BT : aptX limited to 44KHz/16 bits
. Audio Effects inverted : when you switch ON, the effects disapper with weird hollow BASS
. MP3/M4A playback : AudioFX doesn't take any effect !
. Audio services : high CPU usage

So, if you can deal with this forever or want to wait ... then, good for you !
(y)

Hi
Is it possible to just swap the default_volume_tables.xml with your xml file when i just want lower volumes?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community-built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 13 (T) designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS still includes various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS GitHub repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the changelog for a complete list of changes & features.

Downloads
    Here

Flashing instructions
    Here

Upgrade instructions
    Here

Sources
    ROM sources: LineageOS
    Kernel sources: Here
    Thanks for finally releasing LineageOS, but you devs are 3 months too late... ArrowOS has inadvertently stolen my heart in your absence, lol.
    Someone asked?
    New update out
    vayu goes LOS19.1 release
    coming soon next friday - is out now!

thx @SebaUbuntu for your work
    Thread updated for LineageOS 20 release