Development [ROM][T][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 20 for POCO X3 Pro [vayu/bhima]

Search This thread

HastaPasta

Oct 11, 2021
Hi. After a recent telegram update the microphone went extremely low almost inaudible.

I played about with James DSP and it worked again.

Telegram got updated again today and same problem except can't fix it this time.

Any ideas or where to ask / look?

Many thanks

Faruk88

Mar 20, 2010
My banking app tries to read the device's IMEI, subscriber ID, and ICCID by attempting to open /sys/devices/platform/soc/2c00000.qcom,kgsl-3d0 but that triggers an SELinux rule, which causes the app to fail and shut down:

Code:
12-07 18:13:40.393  2153  2153 W RenderThread: type=1400 audit(0.0:79512): avc: denied { search } for name="2c00000.qcom,kgsl-3d0" dev="sysfs" ino=41048 scontext=u:r:untrusted_app_27:s0:c512,c768 tcontext=u:object_r:sysfs_msm_subsys:s0 tclass=dir permissive=0 app=com.scotiabank.mobile
12-07 18:13:40.439  1374  1498 I ActivityTaskManager: Displayed com.scotiabank.mobile/.MobileBanking: +451ms
12-07 18:13:40.985  2448  2731 W TelephonyPermissions: reportAccessDeniedToReadIdentifiers:com.scotiabank.mobile:getDeviceId:-1
12-07 18:13:40.988  2448  2731 W TelephonyPermissions: reportAccessDeniedToReadIdentifiers:com.scotiabank.mobile:getSubscriberId:1
12-07 18:13:40.993  2448  2731 W TelephonyPermissions: reportAccessDeniedToReadIdentifiers:com.scotiabank.mobile:getIccSerialNumber:1

I don't have this problem on my old LeEco Le Pro3 also running LineageOS 18.1. So I assume there is a difference in the SELinux policy? Would it be possible to fix this?

gringo80

Account currently disabled
Jun 8, 2018
My banking app tries to read the device's IMEI, subscriber ID, and ICCID by attempting to open /sys/devices/platform/soc/2c00000.qcom,kgsl-3d0 but that triggers an SELinux rule, which causes the app to fail and shut down:

Code:
12-07 18:13:40.393  2153  2153 W RenderThread: type=1400 audit(0.0:79512): avc: denied { search } for name="2c00000.qcom,kgsl-3d0" dev="sysfs" ino=41048 scontext=u:r:untrusted_app_27:s0:c512,c768 tcontext=u:object_r:sysfs_msm_subsys:s0 tclass=dir permissive=0 app=com.scotiabank.mobile
12-07 18:13:40.439  1374  1498 I ActivityTaskManager: Displayed com.scotiabank.mobile/.MobileBanking: +451ms
12-07 18:13:40.985  2448  2731 W TelephonyPermissions: reportAccessDeniedToReadIdentifiers:com.scotiabank.mobile:getDeviceId:-1
12-07 18:13:40.988  2448  2731 W TelephonyPermissions: reportAccessDeniedToReadIdentifiers:com.scotiabank.mobile:getSubscriberId:1
12-07 18:13:40.993  2448  2731 W TelephonyPermissions: reportAccessDeniedToReadIdentifiers:com.scotiabank.mobile:getIccSerialNumber:1

I don't have this problem on my old LeEco Le Pro3 also running LineageOS 18.1. So I assume there is a difference in the SELinux policy? Would it be possible to fix this?
What is your SafetyNet status ???
If you don't pass SN, no banking app will work !

Faruk88

Mar 20, 2010
What is your SafetyNet status ???
If you don't pass SN, no banking app will work !

It's not about SafetyNet - the app (Scotiabank) works fine on my Le Pro3, which is also just running a vanilla, official build of LineageOS 18.1 (no Magisk or anything like that). The issue is the SELinux policy that is causing the error in the logcat messages that I posted. As far as I can tell, the required fix is to update the policy to allow the app permission to read the sysfs entry.

Last edited:

Faruk88

Mar 20, 2010

Code:

Update: I looked at the SELinux policies from my LeEco Le Pro3 and from my Poco X3 Pro.

When I grep for sysfs_msm_subsys, nothing comes up in the Le Pro3 policies. But in the Poco X3 Pro's policies, there are a few occurrences in /vendor/etc/selinux/vendor_sepolicy.cil.

Last edited:

gringo80

Account currently disabled
Jun 8, 2018
It's not about SafetyNet - the app (Scotiabank) works fine on my Le Pro3, which is also just running a vanilla, official build of LineageOS 18.1 (no Magisk or anything like that). The issue is the SELinux policy that is causing the error in the logcat messages that I posted. As far as I can tell, the required fix is to update the policy to allow the app permission to read the sysfs entry.

PS. If you have a few phones you may be interested in testing the app yourself also (you don't need to log in or anything - on first launch it gives a warning about running on an unlocked device, but after that it works normally): https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.scotiabank.banking&hl=en_CA&gl=US
ok good luck
bye

Faruk88

Mar 20, 2010
Thanks, I figured out the problem.

Turns out when I was transferring my settings and reinstalling my apps on the new phone, for some reason Play Store decided to install an old version of the banking app from 2019 (I have a theory about this - looks like the app name changed from com.scotiabank.banking to com.scotiabank.mobile), and Play Store wasn't showing that there was a newer version available.

So I uninstalled the app, reinstalled it again and this time it installed the latest version. The banking app works now. My guess is that the old version of the app was just incompatible with this recent set of SELinux policies.

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2012
Bogor
Hi, installed this ROM last night didn't install magisk and stuff but my banking app won't work cause it detect the phone as rooted, maybe I can get a hand on this?

Zeokat

Jul 29, 2021
Hello, i have an old CrDroid version runing on my phone. I have some questions:

1) How can i check which firmware version is installed on my phone?
2) Should i update the firmare of the phone to latest version first?
3) Any guide that i can follow to update my phone?

I'm totally lost. Thanks.

Eric_Lev

Jan 27, 2019
Angers
sourceforge.net

Install LineageOS on vayu:

Warning: Before following these instructions please ensure that the device is on the latest Android 11 firmware.

Latest firmwares:

Possible GCam apps:

d_g_m_2000

Jul 6, 2015
Samsung Galaxy S9
Xiaomi Mi A2

from what i konw:
1) firmware version is the one you had with stock rom before flashing custom rom. if you don't remember which one you can try "fastboot getvar all" command in fastboot mode.
2) some devs recommend that, indeed, you should update your phone to the latest version.. read op or custom rom's web site to more info.
3) the official miui update guide is good to go < https://c.mi.com/es/miuidownload/detail?guide=2 > double check your device version before proceed. also there are many tutorials in youtube that you can follow to update or restore to stock rom

Reactions: Zeokat

Zeokat

Jul 29, 2021
from what i konw:
1) firmware version is the one you had with stock rom before flashing custom rom. if you don't remember which one you can try "fastboot getvar all" command in fastboot mode.
2) some devs recommend that, indeed, you should update your phone to the latest version.. read op or custom rom's web site to more info.
3) the official miui update guide is good to go < https://c.mi.com/es/miuidownload/detail?guide=2 > double check your device version before proceed. also there are many tutorials in youtube that you can follow to update or restore to stock rom
But i don't want to restore MIUI, i want to update to LineageOS.
Maybe are you saying that i have to install MIUI before install LineageOS?

TheMrTesla

Aug 22, 2021
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
yes, in order to have your device updated with the last firmware, you'll need to flash the lastest stock rom and then flash lineage os.
well.. that's is how i do it.
You don't have to, if you have TWRP or adb you can flash the firmware-only zip and update your firmware with that.

As for checking firmware version: check your baseband version and compare to this.

Attachments

• New Text Document(1).txt
    576 bytes · Views: 50

Kowalskid

Dec 15, 2021
Hi there,
I need some help. I installed lineageos 18.1 on my poco x3 pro and I noticed that the phone is not vibrating. It did before and still does as a conformation when shut down. But no message or call or feedback while typing is working. I switched on every "vibrate" I could find and switched off every energy saving and do not disturb. Does anybody got a hint what I can do? Thank you very much

HastaPasta

Oct 11, 2021
Hi there,
I need some help. I installed lineageos 18.1 on my poco x3 pro and I noticed that the phone is not vibrating. It did before and still does as a conformation when shut down. But no message or call or feedback while typing is working. I switched on every "vibrate" I could find and switched off every energy saving and do not disturb. Does anybody got a hint what I can do? Thank you very much
Hi. Push volume up and an oblong volume scale shows on the screen with a small square with an icon in it directly above. Tap the square to switch to vibrate

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community-built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 13 (T) designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS still includes various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS GitHub repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the changelog for a complete list of changes & features.

Downloads
    Here

Flashing instructions
    Here

Upgrade instructions
    Here

Sources
    ROM sources: LineageOS
    Kernel sources: Here
    Thanks for finally releasing LineageOS, but you devs are 3 months too late... ArrowOS has inadvertently stolen my heart in your absence, lol.
    Someone asked?
    New update out
    vayu goes LOS19.1 release
    coming soon next friday - is out now!

thx @SebaUbuntu for your work
    Thread updated for LineageOS 20 release