• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][R] Unofficial, optimized LineageOS 18.1 - November 6th

Search This thread

Tomoms

Feb 15, 2014
This one almost completely fixes the issues, I had only 1 wifi disconnection yesterday, but maybe that was caused by something else. Today, everything went smooth. Many thanks for the quick fix!
This is very good news. The issue was caused by some code styling fixes which were supposed to fix misleading indentation (or other ambiguities in code logic) detected by the compiler, but it seems that some of these fixes changed the (correct) logic inferred by the compiler with a faulty logic that was not ambiguous but made the WiFi chip misbehave.
Keep using this kernel, I'll integrate the fix in the next build.

EotT

Jul 29, 2013
@Tomoms I'm having the exact same issues again. I reflashed your modified test kernel, just to be sure, but no difference.
One thing i've noticed with the new kernel (in the beginning, when it was working fine): there were wifi drops, but normally, wifi was reconnected almost instantly. But now, when the wifi disconnects, I'm unable to reconnect again, for at least 20 seconds, up to a minute. Many times when I switch my screen on, wifi isn't connected, and I'm unable to connect.

Edit: It looks to be happening more often when I'm close to a wifi access point. Not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Last edited:

EotT

Jul 29, 2013
Today, wifi was working fine again. I don't know why it is working correctly only part of the time. Other people using the same wifi are not experiencing my issued.

Aslolo

May 3, 2012
Whereever i want ;)
Hey man, thanks for your awesome ROM, been using it for over a year i believe.
I have an issue that im not sure how to fix, you are probably the best guy to approach for that.
Im trying to access the A11 Bluetooth stack, which should be in /system/bt or /platform/system/bt (different sources say different things) but I cant find the folder in either of the paths, even when checking via adb and recovery (to circumvent the stupid root restrictions of A11). Do you by any chance know where to find said Bluetooth stack?

Tomoms

Feb 15, 2014
Hey man, thanks for your awesome ROM, been using it for over a year i believe.
I have an issue that im not sure how to fix, you are probably the best guy to approach for that.
Im trying to access the A11 Bluetooth stack, which should be in /system/bt or /platform/system/bt (different sources say different things) but I cant find the folder in either of the paths, even when checking via adb and recovery (to circumvent the stupid root restrictions of A11). Do you by any chance know where to find said Bluetooth stack?
Those directories refer to the position of the source files in the Android source tree, not in the compiled ROM! Take a look here. What, exactly, are you looking for?

Aslolo

May 3, 2012
Whereever i want ;)
Those directories refer to the position of the source files in the Android source tree, not in the compiled ROM! Take a look here. What, exactly, are you looking for?
Oh, thank you for the clarification, that makes so much more sense!
I've just swapped to a bluetooth headset, instead of a wired one, which supports the sbc and aac codecs, which are also both supported on the OPO/this ROM. Since I didnt know which one is better, I looked at a few guides and explanations, and long story short, I cant really hear much of a difference, so I wanted to check myself how SBC is implemented, since its settings make a huge difference, and it seems to be the better choice for Android. Also there is a non zero chance that using SBC improves batterylife while listening to music, since it requires less computation.

Edit: https://appuals.com/how-to-modify-b...for-greatly-enhanced-bluetooth-audio-quality/
This is what im looking at for SBC mods.

Aslolo

May 3, 2012
Whereever i want ;)
It seems like at least the bitrate is indeed increased from stock, so I dont think that increasing it by 20 bits/s would yield any measurable result.

Edit: Atleast for 44khz it should still be able to be increased a bit it seems.
#define A2DP_SBC_DEFAULT_BITRATE 454 -> 512
but again, I dont know it that does anything measurable.

Tomoms

Feb 15, 2014
@EotT I still haven't sent you anything because I'm quite out of ideas on what to try next. How feasible is a clean flash for you?

Tomoms

Feb 15, 2014
It seems like at least the bitrate is indeed increased from stock, so I dont think that increasing it by 20 bits/s would yield any measurable result.

Edit: Atleast for 44khz it should still be able to be increased a bit it seems.
#define A2DP_SBC_DEFAULT_BITRATE 454 -> 512
but again, I dont know it that does anything measurable.
I have zero experience with Bluetooth audio. What codec are your music files encoded in?

EotT

Jul 29, 2013
@EotT I still haven't sent you anything because I'm quite out of ideas on what to try next. How feasible is a clean flash for you?
I already tried a clean flash, but it didn't solve the issue. I reverted to a nandroid backup now.
The strange thing is, it never (or almost never) happens when I'm outside the room where the wifi accesspoint is located. If I'm in the room, it can happen every few minutes. Very strange.

I appreciate all the time you spend investigating the problem. If you can't find a solution, then that's ok. It's anoying, but it's still useable. Maybe it will be solved when I switch to an Android 12 based rom (if such a rom will be made available for the oneplus one). Nevertheless, I'm quite happy with your rom, despite the wifi issues.

Tomoms

Feb 15, 2014
I already tried a clean flash, but it didn't solve the issue. I reverted to a nandroid backup now.
The strange thing is, it never (or almost never) happens when I'm outside the room where the wifi accesspoint is located. If I'm in the room, it can happen every few minutes. Very strange.

I appreciate all the time you spend investigating the problem. If you can't find a solution, then that's ok. It's anoying, but it's still useable. Maybe it will be solved when I switch to an Android 12 based rom (if such a rom will be made available for the oneplus one). Nevertheless, I'm quite happy with your rom, despite the wifi issues.
What I would have suggested is a clean flash of the official nightlies, instead of my ROM, to check whether the issue is present there as well. If you have the time and the will of doing it, let me know what you find out.
The behaviour you described is indeed very strange...

EotT

Jul 29, 2013
What I would have suggested is a clean flash of the official nightlies, instead of my ROM, to check whether the issue is present there as well. If you have the time and the will of doing it, let me know what you find out.
The behaviour you described is indeed very strange...
Ok, I'll try that. I'll keep you posted. It can take a few days to find some time to do it.

Haripesch

Mar 11, 2019
I've got a similar wifi connection issues since the september update. The test kernel didn't resolved the problem.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    A new build is available!
    It brings November's security patches and a fix for an issue that caused stuttering playback of HD videos in some apps.
    EDIT: @EotT any news?
    Wifi works fine for me with the latest official nightly.
    Please keep using it for a few days if you can, to confirm the issue is gone (@EotT initially thought the issue was gone with my test kernel, but the problem appeared again after a couple of days).
    In the meanwhile, @EotT please try this new kernel: https://mega.nz/file/QtkEzKSL#HtMZ6g4Txq6WTmlRkrx6Zew7nSbQUV_aIVjVrh5P89I
    Well... I clean flashed the lineageos nightly, but at first sight, it seems to be having the same problem. I was going to test it for a few days, but I wanted my apps, but I forgot to backup them (using migrate). So I restored my nandroid to be able to create the backup. But when I restored my nandroid, I noticed something: wifi was working a lot better (like right after I first flashed your test kernel, which seems to be working back then). And LiveDisplay was working again (which was broken for me). So I decided to keep using it for a few more days. Now, after it been using for a few days, LiveDisplay is still working, and wifi is still much better than before (still not perfect, but improved noticeable).
    So I didn't test a clean flash for a long time, as my current setup is working better than before, and it's alot of work to setup and configure a complete new rom (and I would rather be using your rom, than the 'standard' LineageOs one).
    I'll update to the new november build, hopefully it stays working the way it is now.
    hello,
    sorry for being out of topic..

I don't root my phone as it will make my banking app unusable..
    using this rom is okay as long as I modify these lines on build.prop and default.prop..

ro.secure=1
    ro.debuggable=0

on last rom, I was able to modify those lines using abd push, pull, chmod,
    maybe i am doing some wrong step this time but on latest rom i couldn't modify default.prop at /
    it will revert on reboot..

build.prop and default.prop in /system or /system_root could be modified just fine..

is there a way for me to modify default.prop at / ?
    I am not really techsavvy,
    but I tried aik but I couldn't fine anything in ramdisk folder after unpacking boot.img,
    well, I just used the boot.img from downloaded rom..

thank you..
    ro.secure=1 is already set. Try to add ro.debuggable=0 in the /system/build.prop file, it should override the value in the default.prop.
    In this thread I'll share with you my personal builds of LineageOS 18.1 and 17.1 (older builds of 16 and 15.1 are still downloadable). This project is inspired by idprophecy's LineageOS builds, to which I want to add my favorite features and, possibly, even more optimizations and improvements.

MAIN FEATURES
    LineageOS 18.1 features:
    • support for MicroG (signature spoofing) - read the 2nd post!
    • improved & updated libraries: sqlite, zlib, libpng, jemalloc, libvpx, libyuv
    • critical system components built with -O3 optimizations (art, SurfaceFlinger, bionic)
    • Android RunTime (ART) updates and improvements
    • several debugging & tracing components are removed from the system
    • reduced priority of the USB connection type & USB debugging notifications
    • partial/full screenshot QS tile
    • Ambient display gestures
    • in-built F-Droid Privileged Extension
    • support for OTA updates
    • several minor tweaks and improvements
    • my custom kernel (features listed below)

LineageOS 17.1 features - development stopped:
    • all C/C++ components are build with -O3/-g0 flags (maximum optimization, minimum useless debug info)
    • support for signature spoofing (= MicroG supported) - read the 2nd post!
    • native support for WakeBlock by @GioBozza, for more info: WakeBlock on XDA
    • several updates & improvements to internal components: skia & libjpeg-turbo (temporarily reverted), art, bionic, libpng, sqlite, zlib
    • several debugging & tracing instructions are removed from the system
    • custom Screenshot QS tile
    • deGoogling tweaks: non-Google captive portal server & SUPL server
    • minor miscellaneous tweaks
    • my custom kernel (features listed below)
    Kernel features:
    • built with GCC 11
    • CPU underclocking (268 MHz) & max freq. limited to 1,9 GHz by default
    • several f2fs updates
    • power-efficient workqueues
    • cpu_input_boost by Sultanxda
    • bricked hotplug replaces mpdecision
    • CPU undervolting
    • maple I/O scheduler
    • userspace LMKD replaces the old in-kernel Low Memory Killer driver
    • DDR bandwidth boost on screen wake
    • minor adjustments and tweaks
    • several code updates and security/bug fixes
    BUGS
    Also present in official LineageOS 18.1/17.1:
    • kernel panic when changing USB mode to "File transfer" - fixed in the 20200811 build & later official nightlies
    • notification/charging LED not working - fixed in the 20200811 build & later official nightlies
    • low in-call microphone if speakerphone is enabled - fixed in the 20200811 build
    • charging hiccups when using certain 3rd-party chargers/cables - fixed in the 20200912 build
    • AUX audio output not working - fixed in all builds (unofficial & official) newer than 20200826
    • wrong time on boot until connected to a network - fixed in the 20201110 build, and in official nightlies starting from 20201224
    • the Music app is quite messed up (bug is already reported on Gitlab) - fixed by the LineageOS team as of January 2021.
    • flaky GPS - fixed (or at least improved) in the 20201213 build & official 18.1 nightlies newer than 20210415
    • manual mobile network scan not working - fixed in the 17.1 20210123 build, also fixed on official LineageOS
    • NFC not working - fixed in the 20210419 build & later official nightlies
    • 5 GHz hotspot is broken - but there's a workaround here
    • front camera often affected by overexposure - workaround: restart the app you're using until it's gone
    • stuttery playback of HD videos in some 3rd-party apps - fixed in the 20211106 build
    • weird noises while playing flac files if AudioFX's Bass option is enabled (17.1)
    Bugs that are specific to my builds:
    • encryption of f2fs-formatted /data partition is broken - fixed in the 20201028 build
    • corrupted thumbnails and weird visual artifacts in the system's color picker - fixed in the 20201028 build
    • libjpeg crashes in certain apps (NewPipe, Files, and others) - fixed in the 20201017 build
    • Telegram's (and, possibly, other apps') in-built camera not working - apparently fixed in the 20200811 build
    • WiFi issues affecting a minority of users - under investigation

Changelog for LineageOS 18.1:
    November 6th:
    • synced with LineageOS
    • November's security patches
    • fix for laggy playback of HD videos in 3rd-party apps
    • Ambient display gestures (WIP)

Changelog for older LineageOS 18.1 builds:
    October 8th:​
    • synced with LineageOS + October's security patches
    September 10th:​
    • screenshot QS tile now fixed
    September 9th:​
    • synced with LineageOS
    • September's security patches
    • screenshot QuickSettings tile (first attempt, still broken - will fix it soon)
    August 23rd:​
    • synced w/ LineageOS (incl. August's patches)
    • WiFi display is back (thanks to the Lineage team!)
    • sporadic camera crashes are fixed (thanks to Nolen, the other bacon maintainer!)
    July 10th:​
    • synced with LineageOS + July's patches
    • DRM fixes (Clearkey support)
    June 16th:​
    • GPS improvements (hopefully now it'll work fine!)
    June 10th:​
    • synced with LineageOS (incl. June's security patches)
    • GPS fixes (work in progress)
    • some kernel updates and improvements
    May 7th:​
    • synced with LineageOS (w/ May's security patches)
    • updates for ART and bionic
    April 29th:​
    • synced with LineageOS
    • updated libyuv and libvpx
    • -O3 optimizations for critical system components
    • USB notifications have lower priority
    • minor miscellaneous tweaks
    April 19th:​
    • synced with LineageOS (NFC fix included)
    • GPS updates and improvements
    • touch response optimizations
    • minor tweaks and fixes
    April 8th:​
    • synced with LineageOS (w/ April's security patches + fix for display issue)
    • some kernel updates
    • lots of debugging code disabled
    • updates for jemalloc, sqlite, bionic, libcore and libpng
    March 9th:​
    • synced with LineageOS (w/ March's security patches)
    • some kernel updates
    • encryption is now working
    February 27th:​
    • synced with LineageOS
    • minor kernel updates
    February 9th:​
    • synced with LineageOS (with February's security patches)
    • some kernel fixes & updates
    • fix for the Gallery showing the previous photo instead of the new one, immediately after taking one
    Ferbuary 3rd:​
    • bootloop fix

February 2nd:​
    • synced with LineageOS
    • WiFi hotspot fixed
    • Dynamic processing audio library
    • Dual-channel SBC codec for bluetooth headphones/speakers (untested, must be set in Developer Options)
    • minor tweaks to reduce memory usage (with negligible impacts on performance and/or graphic quality)
    • my custom kernel has been implemented
    January 21st:​
    • synced with LineageOS
    • updated & improved sqlite library (huge performance boost)
    • optimized zlib library
    • improvements for ART's memory usage
    January 6th:​
    • synced with LineageOS (January's security patches)
    January 3rd:​
    • synced with LineageOS
    • lockscreen PIN possibly fixed? Please confirm
    December 26th:​
    • fixed signature spoofing
    • synced with LineageOS
    December 21st:​
    • added support for signature spoofing (MicroG) and UnifiedNLP
    December 14th:​
    • initial build

Changelog for LineageOS 17.1:
    June 11th:​
    • May's and June's security patches

Changelog for older LineageOS 17.1 builds:
    April 11th:​
    • synced with LineageOS (w/ April's security patches)
    • some useless debugging stuff has been stripped off
    March 11th:​
    • synced with LineageOS (w/ March's security patches)
    • all the kernel updates I've recently implemented in 18.1
    • SBC HD bluetooth codec is actually available now
    February 6th:​
    • February's security patches
    February 2nd:​
    • Dynamic processing audio library
    • Dual-channel SBC codec for bluetooth headphones/speakers (untested, must be set in Developer Options)
    • some kernel updates & fixes
    • synced with LineageOS
    January 22nd:​
    • synced with LineageOS
    • manual mobile network search is fixed
    January 12th:​
    • synced with LineageOS
    • full January security patchset (2 commits were missing in the previous build)
    • some kernel fixes & improvements
    January 8th:​
    • synced with LineageOS (including January's security patches)
    January 3rd:​
    • synced with LineageOS
    • several kernel updates (including power-efficient workqueues)
    • Screenshot QuickSettings tile
    • less Google-dependant: custom captive portal & SUPL servers
    December 13th:​
    • synced with LineageOS
    • December's security patches
    • many GPS updates (it works much better now)
    December 3rd:​
    • synced with LineageOS
    • TimeKeep support
    • malloc switched to low memory configuration
    • minor power saving tweak for the eMMC chip

DOWNLOADS
    Unified download link for both 17.1 and 18.1: SourceForge
    Unofficial MinTheGapps for Android 11 & arm, built by me (suggested): here
    Unofficial OpenGapps for Android 11 & arm (thanks to AdrianDC) (not recommended): Mega
    Older 18.1 builds are available here: AFH
    Previous 17.1 builds are available either on AFH or on MEGA (17.1) / on MEGA (18.1).

A BIG "THANK YOU" TO
    the whole LineageOS team, and the multitude of great developers of the Android custom ROM scene, such as kdrag0n, kerneltoast (Sultanxda), nathanchance, flar2, franciscofranco, frap129, the MSM-Xtended project, the crDroid project. I hope I have not forgotten anyone.
    I'm happy and proud to announce that I am now an official LineageOS maintainer for our Oneplus One!
    Hello! My first LineageOS 16 build works fine and even Argon kernel is working fine :)
    However, the ROM is not ready for you to use it, especially because I have to improve the kernel's implementation (currently it's very buggy and a normal user would go crazy to make it work properly). So I will not release this build, however I think that within a few days I'll get this stuff sorted and a new build will be ready!
    Hello,
    I'm happy - and also a little bit proud :victory: - to inform you that I started making some small contributions to official LineageOS for bacon: I've submitted (and I'll keep submitting) some kernel bug/security fixes that got merged into our official LineageOS kernel. This way, both users of my builds and users of the official nightlies can benefit from them!
    Also, our LineageOS maintainer has fixed the LED issue, thus it'll work in the next nightly, and of course in the next build of mines too :)
    Talking about my next build, it'll come in a couple of days!
    Hello guys,
    I'd like to inform you that I plan to switch to LineageOS 16 soon. I'll start by using TugaPower, to get used to the new OS and to finish setting up my building environment (I have to pull some files from LineageOS 16 before I can start building my own releases). Then I'll start sharing my own builds. Since it'll take me a while to implement in LineageOS 16 all the features and the optimizations that I've added to my 15.1 builds, the first LineageOS 16 builds will be very close to the standard LineageOS ones, but I'll gradually get to the point I've reached with Oreo.
    I might build and upload one last 15.1 build in the next days.
    I'll keep you informed :)