[ROM][R2] HoneyStreak HD7 2.0 RELEASE 2(3.2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

DJ_Steve

Apr 10, 2007
sunderland
www.dmpwap.net
update 18/08/2011
changed some minor things here, and split build into 2 versions :)

changelog:
Added ad-hoc wifi support
Added a cool new feature that im not revealing yet, little challenge for you folks :)
Split build into 2 versions, one for wi-fi only devices and one for 4g ones, wifi only build is exactly same as 4g except all the 3g/4g related services and apps have been removed - should save battery somewhat

hello again folks,
some good news here and some bad news.

firstly this builds being released as a Release version as its pretty much 100% working now,

screenshots are unfortunatly broken again though as ive had to replace alot of files to get rest working, its a kernel related issue and cant be easily fixed until dell drop the kernel next month hopefully.

changelog:
Rebased Yet Again onto a newer 3.2 device build,
Fixed MTP Usb support so mounting of storage is alot more usable :)
hacked the hell out of most of the system apps to get them working right for streaks screen res.
launcher works properly again
default lcd density of 120 again which is perfectly usable.
camera supports upto 720p video, 1080p doesnt work right so removed the ability for now
resized the partitions so that their is about 6gb for apps and data and ~8.1gb remaining for user storage - thats a issue in the way honeycomb manages storage

1080p and 720p video playback works perfectly also

Install Instructions:
1. Download the streakdroid zip from below, this contains all the files and drivers required to flash your device to honeycomb
2. Extract the zip to a folder on your pc - I recommend c:\flash and will use that path in this example
3. Backup your streak7 internal storage if you have not already as it WILL BE WIPED
4. Backup your streak7 internal storage if you have not already as it WILL BE WIPED
5. Backup your streak7 internal storage if you have not already as it WILL BE WIPED
6. Turn off your 7 and unplug the usb cable from it, then hold BOTH volume keys down and connect the usb cable, if done correctly your pc should detect the apx device. choose to update the driver, choose the second option then let me choose from a list, choose have disk then navigate to c:\flash\usbpcdriver and choose the only one it shows (Nvidia boot recovery driver for mobile devices)
7. Double click the Download.bat file in the c:\flash directory and wait a while it will take some time depending on the speed of your pc and usb ports.
8. Once the box disappears hold down power on your 7 untill dell logo appears (can take a little while) then wait for a few mins for some honeycomb tasting goodness.

download links:
Wi-Fi Only Version:
http://mirror2.streakdroid.com/honeycomb/Streakdroid-HD7-2.0R2-wifionly.zip

4G Version:
http://mirror2.streakdroid.com/honeycomb/Streakdroid-HD7-2.0R2.zip

thanks folks and please report any issues.

Last edited:

keith.valdez

May 4, 2011
Denver
Bug 1, can't install anything. I've tried to install things from the market and from my card... no go. Just say's "Cannot open file" .

Edit: Rebooted twice to see if that would fix the problem... no go.

Last edited:

DJ_Steve

Apr 10, 2007
sunderland
www.dmpwap.net
didnt get that here, tho i suspect i know the issue,

replace the files in the flash folder with the ones attached, and reflash

edit: sorry fixed the files in the attached zip now, it should flash :)

Attachments

• origflash.zip
    8.6 KB · Views: 790
Last edited:
Reactions: John_2k2

yujikaido79

Oct 15, 2007
Hong Kong
Flashed it just now. nice boot animation.
trying to install titanium from the market fails, tries to download but quits without status message

Last edited:

pyraxiate

Jun 24, 2007
Baltimore
Eagerly Anticipating :)

Cant wait to test it out :)

Have a couple of fast questions though. Any idea if bluetooth keyboards are working properly? Also, I am using co-pilot ( GPS Software for Android ) .... that should work correctly im hoping right ? lol. I saw somewhere that theres a way to get Netflix working so Im not too concerned with that although its one of the other main uses for my streak :)

Thanks for your hard work DJ_Steve :D

pyraxiate

Jun 24, 2007
Baltimore
mirror2.streakdroid link is live now @1636pm uk time

Downloading now...........
flashing now ................
Booting Now...............

Love the boot animation :)

Looks Amazing. Market is working here for me ( WIFI Only DS7 )

PS
On a side note. Is there any way you could create the same kind of setup so its easy to flash the stock partitions back? I know how to get it working via nvflash but this would make recovery so much faster lol

Last edited:

yujikaido79

Oct 15, 2007
Hong Kong
Market working now, everything seems to work, bluetooth, youtube in landscape and portrait and the camera is working perfect. I have to lower the lcd density to 105 for the kindle to app work but no biggie. This is perfect, don't really see a need for an official build from Dell now.

Although I kinda miss the launcher icons from the asus transformer build and the weather widget, anyone know how to port those over?

pyraxiate

Jun 24, 2007
Baltimore
Market working now, everything seems to work, bluetooth, youtube in landscape and portrait and the camera is working perfect. I have to lower the lcd density to 105 for the kindle to app work but no biggie. This is perfect, don't really see a need for an official build from Dell now.

Although I kinda miss the launcher icons from the asus transformer build and the weather widget, anyone know how to port those over?

/Agree...Dell can just can the project. Now if only netflix would work LOL

Also, is there an easier way to adjusting density rather than modifying files? I was using lcd density changer previously but that doesnt work now

Last edited:

nanpaman

Sep 24, 2010
Austin
Congratulations DJ_Steve! Yet another masterful release! I have taken peeks at some other projects you've worked with, including the Nokia N800 OS changes(Have one myself!), and I am thoroughly impressed and humbled by your innate ability to develop quickly and with the best flourishes. I hope to see you continue on with this and other new projects that I can invest some time and money in!

yujikaido79

Oct 15, 2007
Hong Kong
/Agree...Dell can just can the project. Now if only netflix would work LOL

Also, is there an easier way to adjusting density rather than modifying files? I was using lcd density changer previously but that doesnt work now

I bought an app from the market that worked for me from beansoft https://market.android.com/details?id=com.beansoft.lcd_density_changer

It saves the lcd density permanently to the appropriate file. I have mine set to 105 for the kindle app to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    update 18/08/2011
    changed some minor things here, and split build into 2 versions :)

changelog:
    Added ad-hoc wifi support
    Added a cool new feature that im not revealing yet, little challenge for you folks :)
    Split build into 2 versions, one for wi-fi only devices and one for 4g ones, wifi only build is exactly same as 4g except all the 3g/4g related services and apps have been removed - should save battery somewhat

hello again folks,
    some good news here and some bad news.

firstly this builds being released as a Release version as its pretty much 100% working now,

screenshots are unfortunatly broken again though as ive had to replace alot of files to get rest working, its a kernel related issue and cant be easily fixed until dell drop the kernel next month hopefully.

changelog:
    Rebased Yet Again onto a newer 3.2 device build,
    Fixed MTP Usb support so mounting of storage is alot more usable :)
    hacked the hell out of most of the system apps to get them working right for streaks screen res.
    launcher works properly again
    default lcd density of 120 again which is perfectly usable.
    camera supports upto 720p video, 1080p doesnt work right so removed the ability for now
    resized the partitions so that their is about 6gb for apps and data and ~8.1gb remaining for user storage - thats a issue in the way honeycomb manages storage

1080p and 720p video playback works perfectly also

Install Instructions:
    1. Download the streakdroid zip from below, this contains all the files and drivers required to flash your device to honeycomb
    2. Extract the zip to a folder on your pc - I recommend c:\flash and will use that path in this example
    3. Backup your streak7 internal storage if you have not already as it WILL BE WIPED
    4. Backup your streak7 internal storage if you have not already as it WILL BE WIPED
    5. Backup your streak7 internal storage if you have not already as it WILL BE WIPED
    6. Turn off your 7 and unplug the usb cable from it, then hold BOTH volume keys down and connect the usb cable, if done correctly your pc should detect the apx device. choose to update the driver, choose the second option then let me choose from a list, choose have disk then navigate to c:\flash\usbpcdriver and choose the only one it shows (Nvidia boot recovery driver for mobile devices)
    7. Double click the Download.bat file in the c:\flash directory and wait a while it will take some time depending on the speed of your pc and usb ports.
    8. Once the box disappears hold down power on your 7 untill dell logo appears (can take a little while) then wait for a few mins for some honeycomb tasting goodness.

download links:
    Wi-Fi Only Version:
    http://mirror2.streakdroid.com/honeycomb/Streakdroid-HD7-2.0R2-wifionly.zip

4G Version:
    http://mirror2.streakdroid.com/honeycomb/Streakdroid-HD7-2.0R2.zip

thanks folks and please report any issues.
    i am reuploading the zips now, should be up in about 5-10 mins :) will update when they are

zips are up and fixed, please feel free to download wifi one def works now
    Im gonna be a bit cocky and say you people wouldnt have jack if i didnt send steve a s7. Just sayin. Lol carry on my big head will now shrink. Good day. And the wifi only build is damn good

Sent from my ADR6400L using XDA App
    damnit someone found it ;D yes folks thats the magic feature, recovery is now CWM :) so this might be the last nvflash release unless i need to change partitions again.