• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][RAPHAEL][10.0][UNOFFICIAL] Havoc 3.5 [20200506] [EOL]

Search This thread

theCroh

Dec 15, 2011
Oulu
To be honest, I don’t even know how to approach this problem. I also saw this, I see how LockScreen can appear in different ways (sometimes some functions are not called). so I don’t know yet.
maybe this is due to the transition from AOD to lockscreen, and something happens there later.

Disabling both Pick up and Pocket from Ambient display seems to have fixed this for me. I'll test if it reappears if I enable Pick up gesture.

theCroh

Dec 15, 2011
Oulu
To be honest, I don’t even know how to approach this problem. I also saw this, I see how LockScreen can appear in different ways (sometimes some functions are not called). so I don’t know yet.
maybe this is due to the transition from AOD to lockscreen, and something happens there later.

I think I came up with at least one way to reliably reproduce this. You need to have Pick up gesture enabled (probably works with Pocket as well but I haven't tested that). Steps to reproduce:

1. Have the device on the table with screen of.
2. Pick it up so that Ambient display turns on.
3. Without doing anything else, press the Power button to show lock screen.

-> The AOD won't light up until you turn the screen of and back on.

valentinc22

Oct 2, 2019
@valentinc22 Yes, I was never going to add anything new and was never going to make my ROM. and it seems I owe you nothing. therefore, it’s personally strange for me why you are saying these things here, as if I owe you something.
I’m not going to fix the phone application (although I know that the problem is most likely in notifyListenersIfNecessary/notifyListeners. but I do not want to look for this place.), and I spoke about this before to whom to contact - google or Havoc developers. and I'm not going to fix all the applications that do not work for you. simple - I do not have to do this, I do not want to do this.
if you want a perfect build - then you have come to the wrong place. I always have a choice - to spend my time solving some problems, sort out what google or Havoc did there, or just get used to it or find a way around this problem. if this does not suit you, do it yourself or find one that suits you.
damn how hard it is to be polite ...

I feel necessary to respond to your post, since you and other users misinterpreted what I wanted to say. Of course you don't owe me anything, and neither do I. Since it is a public forum, I thought that I could share my experience regarding the ROM with other users for purely informative reasons, not blaming anyone for anything, just sharing an experience. The post was not adressed to you, since you already stated you wouldn't resolve the mentioned problems (and I see absolutely nothing wrong with that). It seems though that sharing a bad experience in this kind of environment is not very well tolerated and interpreted as very rude and impolite. What I was trying to say was something like "If you want to use this ROM, note that this and that can happen". That does not imply that it is a bad ROM, nor it is a lack of appreciation for your work (at least that's my opinion, you are entitled to yours if different).

I certaintly don't want a perfect build, as probably most of the custom ROMs are not perfect and I'm aware of that. But what I want is completely irrelevant, since you don't have to do what I or other users want, because it is free. The reason for my post was related to the complete crash of the OS, which did not happen to me before. It's a lesson learned, probably it can happen and does happen even more often in other ROMs. To me that was a problem since it happened randomly and not related to flashing a new build (happened a couple of weeks after that). However, I did not pretend to you to fix anything, since that would have been absurd.

I apologize to you if I offended you in any way by saying what I have said. I do appreciate your work and other developers' work very much, belive me ! Stating that I encountered some problems in a polite way does not imply a lack of aprreciation or a lack of respect towards the developer. Keep up the good work, Alex !

Last edited:

alex9yust

Aug 7, 2011
@alex9yust Have you stopped building altogether or where have the builds gone? All the links in the OP go to a 404 page.
I wanted to do it differently, but it didn’t work out a bit. sorry.

This is a continuation of previous builds. Selinux - permissive, without built-in vendor.
old build without GAPPS https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ZRNglzXCW-qdfxLiJC3izY06Cplsb2_Z

old build with GAPPS https://drive.google.com/open?id=1WTtgo0FS98WiXV9U6ATM9QADj3br4oOb

Last edited:
Reactions: theCroh

theCroh

Dec 15, 2011
Oulu

Top Liked Posts