• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][Raphael][ARM64]LINEAGE 16.0

Search This thread

soham1990

Feb 22, 2013
mumbai
I tried LOS and I could say it is really nice. Even though I personally like pixel roms, LOS is the only rom right now for k20 pro which is having ok Google hot word detection, camera fall retraction, 4k in gcam and many more
Only thig I didn't like personally is when I try to use pixel launcher or lawnchair v2, it shows back key on home screen which shows its not a system launcher. And recents doesn't animate property as pixel roms

tachiquan3

Oct 20, 2013
I tried LOS and I could say it is really nice. Even though I personally like pixel roms, LOS is the only rom right now for k20 pro which is having ok Google hot word detection, camera fall retraction, 4k in gcam and many more
Only thig I didn't like personally is when I try to use pixel launcher or lawnchair v2, it shows back key on home screen which shows its not a system launcher. And recents doesn't animate property as pixel roms
Is your front cam fix when trying to switch modes on gcam?

tachiquan3

Oct 20, 2013

xdathermoman

Sep 6, 2019
NRW
Check the other LOS thread. This one hasn't had updates since released.

yes, only one release and since july dead

I find it kinda funny that people prefer a binary-only ROM downloaded from a filehost where the xda member didn't even publish his repository he used to build the ROM image.

Even though @TingyiChen's release is from July he at least posted his repositories on github so everyone can build lineageos for raphael by themselfes.

Last edited:

iXanza

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 26, 2011
Subang Jaya
I find it kinda funny that people prefer a binary-only ROM downloaded from a filehost where the xda member didn't even publish his repository he used to build the ROM image.

Even though @TingyiChen's release is from July he at least posted his repositories on github so everyone can build lineageos for raphael by themselfes.

Sources are coming. He posts on the telegram group and has had contact with tingyichen who is also in that group.

People trust him because of his work done for other devices. You can wait until sources are out before migrating over

hcbraun

Feb 25, 2014
Hi,

an hour ago I did build/flash my own lineageos ROM successfully based on OPs' github repos but I had to make one modification to get it working:

Code:
% cat .repo/local_manifests/roomservice.xml
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<manifest>
  <project name="TingyiChen/device_xiaomi_raphael" path="device/xiaomi/raphael" remote="github" />
  <project name="TingyiChen/kernel_xiaomi_sm8150" path="kernel/xiaomi/sm8150" remote="github" />
  <project name="TingyiChen/vendor_xiaomi_raphael" path="vendor/xiaomi/raphael" remote="github" />

<!-- device/xiaomi/raphael/lineage.dependencies is somehow being ignored by `repo sync` -->
  [B]<project name="LineageOS/android_packages_resources_devicesettings" path="packages/resources/devicesettings" remote="github" revision="lineage-16.0" />[/B]
</manifest>
PS: Using docker as a clean build environment is highly recommended as it doesn't clutter your main OS with packages only needed for lineageos compilation.

With this patch the build worked for me. Above with the extra project did not. The build code expects the repo to be named with "android_device_". TingyiChen just prefixed his repo with "device_".

I am attaching my Dockerfile for build. One still has to extract the proprietary blobs from TingyiChen rom. Extracting does not work with a device running abhishek987 rom. It is missing a library.

https://wiki.lineageos.org/extracting_blobs_from_zips.html
https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/santoni/build

Code:
--- a/build/tools/roomservice.py
+++ b/build/tools/roomservice.py
@@ -124,7 +124,7 @@ def get_from_manifest(devicename):
         lm = ElementTree.Element("manifest")

for localpath in lm.findall("project"):
-        if re.search("android_device_.*_%s$" % device, localpath.get("name")):
+        if re.search("device_.*_%s$" % device, localpath.get("name")):
             return localpath.get("path")

return None

Attachments

• docker.zip
    1.5 KB · Views: 8

xdathermoman

Sep 6, 2019
NRW
You don't need to extract anything. That's why there is a vendor partition on the device. Just my roomservice.xml file is enough for it to work (I don't have problems with missing "android_").

cRaZy-bisCuiT

Feb 25, 2013
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<manifest>
  <project name="TingyiChen/device_xiaomi_raphael" path="device/xiaomi/raphael" remote="github" />
  <project name="TingyiChen/kernel_xiaomi_sm8150" path="kernel/xiaomi/sm8150" remote="github" />
  <project name="TingyiChen/vendor_xiaomi_raphael" path="vendor/xiaomi/raphael" remote="github" />
</manifest>
...simple as that.
You'd also need this commit to get FOD working (the commit author shouldn't be me, but eh, it gets the job done).
Hey guys! Would this Kernel also work with 17.1?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Lineage.png
    About LineageOS :-

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Whats Working
    • Boots
    • RIL (Calls, SMS, Data,VOLTE)
    • Wi-Fi
    • Bluetooth
    • Camera(Including Camera Motor)
    • Sensors
    • GPS
    • Video Recording
    • Off-line Charging
    • Fingerprint

What's Not Working
    • Double TAP To WAKE
    • OTG Support for eXFAT storage

How to Flash/Install
    • Install The Latest TWRP
    • Wipe Stuffs/Factory-reset & Clean System partition via TWRP
      Method :- Wipe->Format Data
    • Install the Rom Package
    • Install MIUI 9.7.10 Vendor(OPTIONAL)
    • Install Gapps
    • Reboot

Downloads:- (Updated Bang those thanks Buttons :p)

Rom :
    Lineage 16.0
    Recommended Gapps :- Opengapps[Select Arm64 Pico]

Donations

as most of u guys know that Now a days Making rom is going Difficult it requires Time
    Hardwork , Money Yes Money I have to pay Heavy Amounts of money to Server in
    order to keep the builds comming and i am now Really Low on Bucks to continue Builds
    as server costs have increased .. Any donation From your side will help the xiaomi community to
    Get stable and Maybe Official Roms ........... And The Donations will help me to keep Up with server Costs
    you can donate me Via Paypal
    Each and Every amount is welcomed and will be Helpful
    Donate
    and Please mention "Donation" on the money you send

Telegram Group Link: Group Link

Regards:
    LineageOS
    CodeAurora Forum
    Hyper Team
    Xiaomi

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][Raphael][ARM64]LINEAGE 16.0, ROM for the Redmi K20 Pro

Contributors
    TingyiChen
    Source Code: https://github.com/tingyichen

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: MIUI China 9.7.10 Vendor
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2019-07-17
    Last Updated 2019-07-17
    Test result
    working
    -Front facing cam / Main Cam / Flash
    -NFC
    -Calls, VOLTE
    -Wifi
    -Bluetooth

Unstable
    -Auto brightness (changing bright frequently with no reason)

Not working
    -Double tap to wake (like thread said)
    -Finger print (Says can't recognize - don't know why but after registering finger print it doesn't recognize mine. It has been tested 3~4 times with multiple fingers + brightness changes when clicking fingerprint sensor (Not sure if intended)

will update more
    So this ROM has not seen any update in the past month and the dev is not commenting either. What is the status of this project?
    Well thank you for getting us all this far, the work you done so far has made a great phone usable. I'm sure the non K20 Pro users will be sad to see your LOS GSI retired, but hey, they should have bought a proper phone

Nah, I have other devices that still need the GSIs, and even K20 Pro support will still be built-in (and hopefully merged later); just no longer actively trying to improve the situation for K20 Pro.
    Looking back, although it was frustrating at times, I'm just glad that I could figure something out on my own / in conjunction with PHH, despite that I don't really qualify as a "dev" :)
    Nice one, will do a build on my side and test it out. Time to retire from GSI :)