• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][Raphael][ARM64]LINEAGE 16.0

Search This thread

Krullendhaar

Oct 30, 2014
FYI, all the official builds for Xiaomi devices are currently paused because of a copyright violation for some face unlock blobs. Here's the link https://github.com/github/dmca/blob/master/2019/08/2019-08-09-SenseTime-5.md

But the builds were paused 4 days ago. That does not change the fact that the dev did not update or comment on anything in the past month. If there is no dev willing to support the device, this will never become official.

Note also that the dev is online almost daily. Last login was yesterday.

Last edited:

Krullendhaar

Oct 30, 2014
I would say that the developer owes nothing to anyone. but if you donated to the developer, then I think you can ask him.

Obviously the dev owes nothing, because he is a volunteer. But he should announce if he stops development or takes a brake. Other developers can then help out. But now they might assume the dev is continuing his work privately and therefore no new devs are coming along. Notice, for example, that the Lineage OS 16 ROM for the non-pro variant has three contributing developers.

Reactions: billybrownbear

Mitoraf

Feb 16, 2018
Hi guys, don't forget mi 9t pro is releasing on August 20th, once it's out more people can get their hands on the device which means more rom demand, I assume once mi 9t pro comes out rom development will be WAY better like the mi 9t, since for now the device is china India only and people only imported it to other places, which made user base outside these countries way less than if they releases it the same day, so just wait a bit longer, i am sure by then if the developer will come back or not it won't matter since more people will want to work on the device, sorry for my bad English.

KevinGrant05

Aug 4, 2019
Problems with this ROM

So I finally got past the 7 day s**tty block and was able to unlock the bootloader on my K20 Pro.

Installed the ROM, installed GApps (FYI K20 Pro requires v9.0 Stock, it throws an error if you try to flash GApps v8.1 as 8.1 is incompatible).
Try to root my phone by flashing with SuperSU. Flashing is successful, but phone does not get rooted.
Tried with Magisk Manager + Magisk APK, still no luck. I googled to learn that LineageOS does not support Rooting (well, not yet anyway...).

Finally finished up with the installation, and I find the following errors:

1) YouTube / NewPipe lags horribly - also, no sound plays with YouTube/NewPipe.

2) As mentioned above, Rooting is not possible.

3) As expected, Double-Tap to wake does not function.

4) (New!) Strange Bug in OS: When I try to set the Wallpaper through a 3rd party app like Live Wallpapers / HD Wallpapers, the OS tries to set the wallpaper as photo for a phone contact (and fails at that). Can anyone confirm this? [I will upload screenshots to confirm this bug]

Can anyone talk to the Dev and request for updates? Or is this ROM officially dead?

Krullendhaar

Oct 30, 2014
Or is this ROM officially dead?

Not dead. The dev is probably occupied. What is undesirable, however, is that he does not clearly communicate the current situation. The Redmi K20 (Pro) launched less than 2 months ago and we already have 7 ROMs. That might be a new record! Other devs might also join the project, but not without communicating the latest situation with the current dev.

Long story short, dev is probably occupied.

Furthermore, the phone will launch in the rest of the world next week and the dev did not add the Redmi K20 pro to the list of devices he owns. Perhaps he cannot develop further until he gets his hands on the Redmi K20 Pro/Xiaomi Mi 9T Pro.

Last edited:

KevinGrant05

Aug 4, 2019
Long story short, dev is probably occupied.

While I fully agree with the fact that Dev OP volunteered his time and effort to build a custom ROM for us for no price, I do feel aggravated that there is no update on whether OP will work on the ROM anytime soon, and if so, when the ROM will be updated with bug fixes... or whether OP would be okay with another Dev picking up where he left off and wouldn't mind a continual development of his project.

No disrespect to OP, just my opinion.

BTW, does anyone have a quick and dirty fix to the YouTube/NewPipe lag problem? Since my ROM is still new I would be open to flashing/trying something to see if it will work at all.
The cherry-on-top would be the root issue, but I imagine the OS itself would have to be edited to fix this issue, but c'est la vie..

AndyYan

Recognized Contributor
Jan 30, 2012
Beijing
I sent a GitHub pull request a few days ago and the dev responded, so he's still watching. Just let him do it at his own pace. For a first version of a non-GSI ROM, this works good enough.
I do have a bizarre bug though - in rare cases when an alarm rings or when I hang up a call, the device locks up. The screen stays black but whatever sound is playing will continue, until I force a reboot by holding POWER. It could be because I migrated from my GSI via dirty flashing, but I still want to check if anyone else is seeing this.

2) As mentioned above, Rooting is not possible.

Magisk. Simple as that.

Pawliko

Sep 18, 2016
I do have a bizarre bug though - in rare cases when an alarm rings or when I hang up a call, the device locks up. The screen stays black but whatever sound is playing will continue, until I force a reboot by holding POWER. It could be because I migrated from my GSI via dirty flashing, but I still want to check if anyone else is seeing this.

I have same problem. I did "clean install" So its just bug.

KevinGrant05

Aug 4, 2019
Magisk. Simple as that.

I have done it through Magisk... And I can see from Magisk that Root Access has been enabled for "Apps and ADB".

But even then, when I search for "Root Access" in Trust submenu, I see "Root Access Disabled". :confused:

---------- Post added at 04:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:23 PM ----------

New bug:

Selected screensaver "Colours" does not get enabled despite being set in Display Menu.

AndyYan

Recognized Contributor
Jan 30, 2012
Beijing
I have done it through Magisk... And I can see from Magisk that Root Access has been enabled for "Apps and ADB".

But even then, when I search for "Root Access" in Trust submenu, I see "Root Access Disabled". :confused:

---------- Post added at 04:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:23 PM ----------

New bug:

Selected screensaver "Colours" does not get enabled despite being set in Display Menu.

Trust only shows Lineage-SU status and Magisk is independent from it. Just go try an app that needs SU privilege.
Colors is the worst screensaver I've seen. Just my 2 cents.

AndyYan

Recognized Contributor
Jan 30, 2012
Beijing
hi dev,

please check if you have this permission in your rom :

https://review.lineageos.org/c/251713/

The currently build has been built before this change was added and FOD works alright; to build now you will indeed need to adapt to it. I've already notified OP about it via a pull request, but he wants to wait for the upstream FOD implementation to fully stabilize before applying this.

Sep 27, 2018
The currently build has been built before this change was added and FOD works alright; to build now you will indeed need to adapt to it. I've already notified OP about it via a pull request, but he wants to wait for the upstream FOD implementation to fully stabilize before applying this.
Any idea on how long till the next update?
I'm using MIUI and wanna switch to LOS but not sure if I should wait for the update or just do it now

alex9yust

Aug 7, 2011
I'm using MIUI and wanna switch to LOS but not sure if I should wait for the update or just do it now
if you want, try building from there https://drive.google.com/drive/u/1/folders/1dyJisTiGnyw2HjI9MzbIdgnL1PtPqbON . built on firmware+vendor CN 10.3.16, on device+kernel @The Marionette (many thanks to him) . just think clean flash is needed. True, I did not test for a long time, now I blocked the bootloader.

AndyYan

Recognized Contributor
Jan 30, 2012
Beijing

Don't ask me, I'm not the dev, and I build at home (so I don't depend on OP updates).

if you want, try building from there https://drive.google.com/drive/u/1/folders/1dyJisTiGnyw2HjI9MzbIdgnL1PtPqbON . built on firmware+vendor CN 10.3.16, on device+kernel @The Marionette (many thanks to him) . just think clean flash is needed. True, I did not test for a long time, now I blocked the bootloader.

Does building from Utsav's sources fix various issues such as video stutters or random blackouts?

I know, but it's better than the stock "Digital Watch" screensaver.

Could you perhaps link me to better screensavers/custom screensavers? :confused:

Ha, I am using the clock screensaver right now, fits AMOLED screens perfectly and doesn't interfere with the FOD circle either. But in case you'd like something fancier, I'm using Easter Egg Daydreams (package ID net.zhuoweizhang.nyandroid - this is basically a collection of early Android easter eggs repurposed as screensavers) and Modern Holo Daydream (package ID com.modern.holo.daydream - a simple clock-on-wallpaper design) on some of my other devices. These are from way back so they are no longer on Play Store, and you'll have to get APKs for sideload from somewhere. If security is of concern then you probably should look elsewhere.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Lineage.png
    About LineageOS :-

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Whats Working
    • Boots
    • RIL (Calls, SMS, Data,VOLTE)
    • Wi-Fi
    • Bluetooth
    • Camera(Including Camera Motor)
    • Sensors
    • GPS
    • Video Recording
    • Off-line Charging
    • Fingerprint

What's Not Working
    • Double TAP To WAKE
    • OTG Support for eXFAT storage

How to Flash/Install
    • Install The Latest TWRP
    • Wipe Stuffs/Factory-reset & Clean System partition via TWRP
      Method :- Wipe->Format Data
    • Install the Rom Package
    • Install MIUI 9.7.10 Vendor(OPTIONAL)
    • Install Gapps
    • Reboot

Downloads:- (Updated Bang those thanks Buttons :p)

Rom :
    Lineage 16.0
    Recommended Gapps :- Opengapps[Select Arm64 Pico]

Donations

as most of u guys know that Now a days Making rom is going Difficult it requires Time
    Hardwork , Money Yes Money I have to pay Heavy Amounts of money to Server in
    order to keep the builds comming and i am now Really Low on Bucks to continue Builds
    as server costs have increased .. Any donation From your side will help the xiaomi community to
    Get stable and Maybe Official Roms ........... And The Donations will help me to keep Up with server Costs
    you can donate me Via Paypal
    Each and Every amount is welcomed and will be Helpful
    Donate
    and Please mention "Donation" on the money you send

Telegram Group Link: Group Link

Regards:
    LineageOS
    CodeAurora Forum
    Hyper Team
    Xiaomi

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][Raphael][ARM64]LINEAGE 16.0, ROM for the Redmi K20 Pro

Contributors
    TingyiChen
    Source Code: https://github.com/tingyichen

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: MIUI China 9.7.10 Vendor
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2019-07-17
    Last Updated 2019-07-17
    Test result
    working
    -Front facing cam / Main Cam / Flash
    -NFC
    -Calls, VOLTE
    -Wifi
    -Bluetooth

Unstable
    -Auto brightness (changing bright frequently with no reason)

Not working
    -Double tap to wake (like thread said)
    -Finger print (Says can't recognize - don't know why but after registering finger print it doesn't recognize mine. It has been tested 3~4 times with multiple fingers + brightness changes when clicking fingerprint sensor (Not sure if intended)

will update more
    So this ROM has not seen any update in the past month and the dev is not commenting either. What is the status of this project?
    Well thank you for getting us all this far, the work you done so far has made a great phone usable. I'm sure the non K20 Pro users will be sad to see your LOS GSI retired, but hey, they should have bought a proper phone

Nah, I have other devices that still need the GSIs, and even K20 Pro support will still be built-in (and hopefully merged later); just no longer actively trying to improve the situation for K20 Pro.
    Looking back, although it was frustrating at times, I'm just glad that I could figure something out on my own / in conjunction with PHH, despite that I don't really qualify as a "dev" :)
    Nice one, will do a build on my side and test it out. Time to retire from GSI :)