• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][raphael] ArrowOS 12.0 [OFFICIAL][and ArrowOS 11.0]

Search This thread

bigbadwolf_pig

Oct 27, 2014
Somewhere far east...
That update brought up a couple of questions to me. I was out of the whole custom-anything loop for the last six years, so apart from forgetting part of the whole shebang it sure feels like I missed quite a few new things. Hope somebody could help me out.

- Is there a way to update to current via clean flash without having to start at square one setup-wise?
like, backup data in twrp, clean flash the new rom and then restore data in twrp?

I'm pretty sure that you would need to set it up again. I might be wrong though, but I've never come across somebody doing that with a clean flash.

- "requires latest MIUI" means I first have to flash stock using the miflash before then going through the motions of unlock-twrp-rom-magisk? or is there a smarter way for those who already have unlock-twrp-arrowos-magisk running?

If your current firmware is still Android 10 Based. You don't need to flash stock MIUI, but if ever you need to flash to stock MIUI, make sure it's firmware is based on Android 10 still.

You can check firmware here:

Raphael: https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/archive/firmware/raphael/
Raphaelin https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/archive/firmware/raphaelin/

You can download stock MIUI rom here:
Raphael: https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/archive/miui/raphael/
Raphaelin:
https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/archive/miui/raphaelin/

If you plan to use miflash, click just the clean all and not clean all and lock. So that your bootloader will still be unlocked after flashing. I used to do that, but there is a way way easier method. Via platform tools.

You can download the platform tools here:
https://developer.android.com/studio/releases/platform-tools

Then extract the platform tools folder on your desktop or C: drive

Put phone on Fastboot mode

Extract all the contents of MIUI Rom(firmware is based on A10) for example: raphael_global_images_V12.0.1.0.QFKMIXM_20200613.0000.00_10.0_global_7b154f275e.tgz
to Platform tools folder.

Once extracted plug usb cable and look for flash_all.bat on platform tools
double click flash_all.bat and wait until phone goes to MIUI setup, don't unplug usb cable. Setup MIUI but don't turn on wifi or data.(better remove your sim card or sim cards)
don't update MIUI because if you updated it will update to MIUI(A11 based firmware) and you don't want to do that because you would need to access TWRP.
turn on debugging and put the phone back to fastboot mode.

On Fastboot mode

Rename your latest TWRP file to just twrp.img. Copy twrp.img on Platform tools folder
Open CMD window by typing CMD on Platform tools folder address bar

On CMD window
Type fastboot flash recovery twrp.img then enter
Type fastboot boot twrp.img then enter to open TWRP Recovery

On TWRP Recovery

Format Data(If encrypted, since you flash MIUI it's encrypted)
Wipe Dalvik,Cache,System,Vendor and Data

Flash latest A11 based Firmware(based on your region global,india,china, russia)
Flash Rom(choose whether vanilla or gapps version)
If you chose Vanilla then flash gapps if you want to
Flash Magisk-v23.0.zip

****Flash(if decrypted only! since you came from MIUI you're encrypted if that's the case don't flash this) Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_11.02.2020.zip

Reboot.

Note: You don't need to flash a MIUI vendor since latest ArrowOS is OSS based vendor rom(vendor is already included)

This steps worked for most of the people on Kuber's telegram group, but it didn't work for me. I got bootloops.
So I just flashed the last Official ArrowOS that's MIUI vendor based.

I might try flashing it, but maybe in a month or 2.

Good Luck!

Last edited:

Fachtal

Aug 26, 2015
If you plan to use miflash, click just the clean all and not clean all and lock. So that your bootloader will still be unlocked after flashing. I used to do that, but there is a way way easier method. Via platform tools.

You can download the platform tools here:
https://developer.android.com/studio/releases/platform-tools

Then extract the platform tools folder on your desktop or C: drive

Put phone on Fastboot mode

Extract all the contents of MIUI Rom(firmware is based on A10) for example: raphael_global_images_V12.0.1.0.QFKMIXM_20200613.0000.00_10.0_global_7b154f275e.tgz
to Platform tools folder.

Once extracted plug usb cable and look for flash_all.bat on platform tools
double click flash_all.bat and wait until phone goes to MIUI setup, don't unplug usb cable. Setup MIUI but don't turn on wifi or data.(better remove your sim card or sim cards)
don't update MIUI because if you updated it will update to MIUI(A11 based firmware) and you don't want to do that because you would need to access TWRP.
turn on debugging and put the phone back to fastboot mode.

On Fastboot mode

Rename your latest TWRP file to just twrp.img. Copy twrp.img on Platform tools folder
Open CMD window by typing CMD on Platform tools folder address bar

On CMD window
Type fastboot flash recovery twrp.img then enter
Type fastboot boot twrp.img then enter to open TWRP Recovery

On TWRP Recovery

Format Data(If encrypted, since you flash MIUI it's encrypted)
Wipe Dalvik,Cache,System,Vendor and Data

Flash latest A11 based Firmware(based on your region global,india,china, russia)
Flash Rom(choose whether vanilla or gapps version)
If you chose Vanilla then flash gapps if you want to
Flash Magisk-v23.0.zip

****Flash(if decrypted only! since you came from MIUI you're encrypted if that's the case don't flash this) Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_11.02.2020.zip

Reboot.

Note: You don't need to flash a MIUI vendor since latest ArrowOS is OSS based vendor rom(vendor is already included)

This steps worked for most of the people on Kuber's telegram group, but it didn't work for me. I got bootloops.
So I just flashed the last Official ArrowOS that's MIUI vendor based.

I might try flashing it, but maybe in a month or 2.

Good Luck!
Thanks for the explanations. So there really is no "short" way to upgrade my ArrowOS V11 (August 5th) to ArrowOS V11 (August 13th) and I have to go through the whole motion of reflashing stock everything (since I need the new A11 based Firmware? I was hoping to upgrade without having to basically reinstall all apps and reconfigure the whole system.

bigbadwolf_pig

Oct 27, 2014
Somewhere far east...
Thanks for the explanations. So there really is no "short" way to upgrade my ArrowOS V11 (August 5th) to ArrowOS V11 (August 13th) and I have to go through the whole motion of reflashing stock everything (since I need the new A11 based Firmware? I was hoping to upgrade without having to basically reinstall all apps and reconfigure the whole system.
I don't think you still need to reflash the stock MIUI since you have the Aug 5th build(I'm assuming this is the official version, not the community version, since the aug 5 official build still has A10 firmware).
But you still do need to do a clean flash. I think. Either way you still need to flash the latest A11 based firmware for you to flash the latest official build which is now OSS vendor based, and yes, you have to go on the whole setup and reinstall apps and reconfigure thing, unless you want to back them up and restore with titanium backup, but I don't recommend you doing that since that method doesn't work for me. I just reinstall all my apps and reconfigure.

Btw I'm also on ArrowOS Aug 5 build and I think I'll stay with it for now. Still works, no issues and stable. I'll probably try to flash to OSS when I'm starting to have issues with the current build I have now.

RabidWolve

Feb 8, 2018
So at this time to run the official Arrow OS we will need China firmware on the phone? Today a new global firmware was released and is still below what is needed for this Rom.

Also regarding OTA Updates with no Magisk or further modifications. Will the TWRP or Orangefox Recovery still be wiped and replaced with Stock Recovery?

Last edited:

kubersharma

Recognized Developer
Dec 30, 2015
New Delhi , India
New update is available!

Changelogs
:
- Enable burnin protection support
- Add support for SDfat/Exfat external drives
- Cleanup some Xiaomi rootdir changes
- Merge latest CAF tag on kernel
- Fixup the led light "leakage/bleeding" issues
- Changes done for charging, thermal improvements on kernel
- Enable ColorModes support
- Set default surfaceflinger props
- Misc changes and improvements

- For full changelogs and more, check Source Changelogs and Device changelogs.

Note:
* Requires latest MIUI R firmware (MIUI Android 11 firmware from any region)
* You can use ArrowOS Recovery (AOSP recovery) or latest Official TWRP Recovery

Donate:
Paypal: ArrowOS | kubersharma001 | TH779
UPI: [email protected]

~ By TH779 and kubersharma001

bigbadwolf_pig

Oct 27, 2014
Somewhere far east...
So at this time to run the official Arrow OS we will need China firmware on the phone? Today a new global firmware was released and is still below what is needed for this Rom.

Also regarding OTA Updates with no Magisk or further modifications. Will the TWRP or Orangefox Recovery still be wiped and replaced with Stock Recovery?
It's not just China firmware. You need to flash an Android 11 based firmware based on your phone's region.
The latest global firmware is V12.5.2.0.RFKMIXM which is based on Android 11.

asdasfasfasf.JPG

https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/firmware/raphael/

zennonace

Mar 1, 2013
Mumbai
the prevent accidental wakeup feature (pocket mode) seems to be bugged, it behaves the same whether on or off, with the sensor fully covered it works as intended, however it seems to be too sensitive in some scenarios causing the screen to keep turning accidentally on in the pocket.

RabidWolve

Feb 8, 2018
Cheers bigbadwolf_pig for the Link and clarification.

Im gonna update to the latest version moving from MIUI to Vendor OS.

In regards to this process:

• Then go to WIPE > select Dalvik, Cache, System, Data > then wipe them all.
  • Then go to [Files in OFX] [Install in TWRP] and
  • Only If you are coming from miui and flashing AOSP, go to orangefox settings > manage partitions > data > format > type yes (you lose everything in internal storage) then
  • Select the Vendor (if it's needed) (not required if moving between any android 10 ROMs) (Just make sure it's the right Vendor for your device/region) (If the previous AOSP rom uses OSS vendor, then you need to wipe vendor as well and flash the stock before proceeding) and flash it.
  • Select the ROM (Then > add to queue, else if you only needed ROM, just flash. and set-up! yay!)
When I get to the Vendor Part do I need to delete MIUI Vendor or will the OSS Vendor just overwrite the MIUI Vendor?

bigbadwolf_pig

Oct 27, 2014
Somewhere far east...
Cheers bigbadwolf_pig for the Link and clarification.

Im gonna update to the latest version moving from MIUI to Vendor OS.

In regards to this process:

• Then go to WIPE > select Dalvik, Cache, System, Data > then wipe them all.
  • Then go to [Files in OFX] [Install in TWRP] and
  • Only If you are coming from miui and flashing AOSP, go to orangefox settings > manage partitions > data > format > type yes (you lose everything in internal storage) then
  • Select the Vendor (if it's needed) (not required if moving between any android 10 ROMs) (Just make sure it's the right Vendor for your device/region) (If the previous AOSP rom uses OSS vendor, then you need to wipe vendor as well and flash the stock before proceeding) and flash it.
  • Select the ROM (Then > add to queue, else if you only needed ROM, just flash. and set-up! yay!)
When I get to the Vendor Part do I need to delete MIUI Vendor or will the OSS Vendor just overwrite the MIUI Vendor?
The vendor part I'm not really sure. I actually haven't successfully flashed the newest build(A11 and OSS based). I've always had bootloops but I think it's my phone, because most people who flashed the OSS Rom successfully installed it without any hiccups.

Anyway, the recommended is Wipe Dalvik, Cache, Vendor, System, Data. But some just wipes Dalvik, Cache, System, Data. I got that from Kuber's telegram group.

Meme :D

Jan 16, 2015
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
Okay, so, i really love this rom, i am using it as daily driver.
I have one question only because it seems i cant find answers anywhere, sorry if i posted it in wrong thread.
I am using google photos as my stock gallery app in this rom and also all my photos and videos are there. When i was in MIUI, google photos didnt have unlimited storage, but i have it in arrow os which seems kinda wierd and strange. So my question is, does google ban accounts because of this? Is this bug?

Okay, so, i really love this rom, i am using it as daily driver.
I have one question only because it seems i cant find answers anywhere, sorry if i posted it in wrong thread.
I am using google photos as my stock gallery app in this rom and also all my photos and videos are there. When i was in MIUI, google photos didnt have unlimited storage, but i have it in arrow os which seems kinda wierd and strange. So my question is, does google ban accounts because of this? Is this bug?
Cause Raphael is spoofed as pixel device(pixel props fp) for google photos unlimited storage. No chance of banning accounts for that.

Marlenio

Oct 23, 2010
Rome
ArrowOS is one of the few ROMs with the SafetyNet that works after the changes made yesterday by Google. 🙃

majamee

Apr 16, 2011
Can anyone please let me know if always on display is present in latest version of this rom?

Lyan

Nov 10, 2009
Hi everybody,

si anyone using ANX Camera?

I've installed:

- MiuiCore-D-MagiskModule-20210824105830.zip
- ANXCameraUnity.190R.BountifulDistantHapuka.zip
- 48MPFixR_201.DullAggressiveHylaeosaurus.zip

using magisk, but wide lens (0.6x) and portrait mode are not working...

Anyone made it completely working?

Thanks"

kubersharma

Recognized Developer
Dec 30, 2015
New Delhi , India
New update is available

Changelogs
:
- Merge latest CAF tag on kernel (LA.UM.9.1.r1-11100-SMxxx0.0)
- Show 4G icon for all carriers
- Disable global mode and CDMA choices
- Add a summary for dirac
- Address some SE policy denials
- Enable AOD support
- Enable unspecialized app process pool
- Zram/swap improvements
- Misc changes and improvements

- For full changelogs and more, check Source Changelogs (https://arrowos.net/changelog.php) and Device changelogs (https://github.com/ArrowOS-Devices?q=raphael).

Note:
* September security patches are not released by Google YET, so these are on August ASB.
* Requires latest MIUI R firmware (MIUI Android 11 firmware from any region)
* You can use ArrowOS Recovery (AOSP recovery) or the latest Official TWRP Recovery

Donate:
Paypal:
kubersharma001 (https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/kubersharma001)
TH779 (https://paypal.me/HelloTH779)
UPI: [email protected]

Reactions: jcdr12 and IdroogI

SDF05

Jan 25, 2018
Hey guys, just wondering if there's a battery drain issue with this ROM for anyone, because the phone's draining really quickly (it's only there for about 7-8 hours)

And I hardly game in this phone. Any reason as to why this is happening (or maybe I'm doing something wrong)?

Top Liked Posts