[ROM][RAV*][SOFIA*][11][UNOFFICIAL] DISCONTINUED

Search This thread

fix-this!

Apr 15, 2012
midwest
i assume the next update won't be until motorola updates the device to the newest security patch? I have a request for the pixel animation on the navbar home button. :fingers-crossed:

GAPPS-less build added to Post #3 for all you google haters :p :D

I don't hate Google but prefer to let other companies pilfer my data when they're not supposed to instead lol.

Thanks by the way for the gapps free version and for the other one for that matter.

Sent from my Moto G Stylus using XDA Labs

arkansawdave74

Nov 1, 2014
San Antonio, TX
HI there. I just got this phone and I'm happy to finally get to see what Havoc's all about. I tried Omni too, but Havoc is more my style. I already know CR Droid rocks. I built CrDroid Nougat for a couple of phones. Good job and congratulations on your success.

Native screen recording not working (but some playstore apps work fine.)

I was wondering if you, or anyone, might know one or two of the screen record apps that are working. I thought I had seen that a new kernel had fixed the issue, but now that my favorite XRecorder has crashed and my old screen recorder Rec doesn't have a audio switch anymore for some reason , I see that it was my own mistake for reading it wrong. The list of screen recorders in the Play Store is long. If anyone could shoot me in the right direction to try a coup that are working it would be great and much appreciated. Thank you.

Last edited:

Beetle84

Recognized Contributor
HI there. I just got this phone and I'm happy to finally get to see what Havoc's all about. I tried Omni too, but Havoc is more my style. I already know CR Droid rocks. I built CrDroid Nougat for a couple of phones. Good job and congratulations on your success.

I was wondering if you, or anyone, might know one or two of the screen record apps that are working. I thought I had seen that a new kernel had fixed the issue, but now that my favorite XRecorder has crashed and my old screen recorder Rec doesn't have a audio switch anymore for some reason , I see that it was my own mistake for reading it wrong. The list of screen recorders in the Play Store is long. If anyone could shoot me in the right direction to try a coup that are working it would be great and much appreciated. Thank you.

I cant remember exactly either lol, but if you install the attached apk (its the screen recorder from BlissRom), then change the quicksetting toggle to the new one at the bottom of the list, you should be good to go ;)

Attachments

• OPScreenRecorder.apk
    8 MB · Views: 16
Good job and congratulations on your success.

I was wondering if you, or anyone, might know one or two of the screen record apps that are working....
F-Droid probably has something as well if not f-droid, maybe try aurora, but check your repos's before syncing the apps.

Reactions: arkansawdave74

SomeDooD123

Sep 13, 2010
Has anyone been able to take pictures/video with the big camera (the top most)? I can't seem to but maybe I'm doing something wrong.

moslondon

Sep 30, 2012
Dallas
hey guys I tried to flash this rom but... when I try to reboot fastboot in the first step it goes back to twrp, i can not get into fastbootd. I installed twrp before trying to flash this rom. Any suggestions?

Update: I got it working. I went back to stock and I tried it again but this time without twrp.
If you install twrp after unlocking the bootloader, it goes back to twrp when trying to reboot into fastbootd.

Last edited:
Reactions: arkansawdave74
Thanks for the ROM again, been running the latest update on and off for a while. Also, my apologies fur accidentally crediting Rondeau for irs construction.. I either thought i saw his name (but it was possibly a reply to someone} or glanced at the icons and since they're similar made an incorrect assumption.

I just wanted to apologise.

Finally, has anyone had trouble adding an apn? Or using data on T-mobile? I can use wifi calling on T-mobile, but had to factory reset to get data going. After the reset, I flashed either Havoc or CR. And data was gone.

Although there could be, i figured since both use the same kernel and device repos that this issue isn't ROM specific. But i realize that CR is based on Lineage and Havoc on AOSP. I don't keep up like i used to and I'm very rusty.

Many thanks again for the build and look forward to more. Apologies again for the mistake.

I dunt have a link but there's a thread in app's and addoms where a guy there specifies which build and config he uses to get everything humming.

I just wanted to say that my phone with myTing(mvno) T-Mobile sim finally accepted the apn settings I needed to get data working.

This time I wiped my network configs before trying to add the sim. Before for some reason it wouldn't let me.

Loving Havoc. Tempted to try RR since Beetle builds it as well, it's been a while since I've used it. It was a daily driver on my S3 fur a while.

Thanks again for this build and your work on RR.

Reactions: SomeDooD123

SkyeNymph

Sep 8, 2015
Okay probably a dumb question but with the metro by t-mobile Moto g Stylus, will I need to unlock my bootloader to flash this ROM

arkansawdave74

Nov 1, 2014
San Antonio, TX
Have a link handy? I've never messed around with anything related to Google Camera.
I don't know if it is based on Google Camera but this is a damn fine camera, and its open source, so I don't think it is, but it uses the big cam AND you can disable the digital location metadata...I found this cam because I used a rom that had a bug that no cameras worked....except this one....

arkansawdave74

Nov 1, 2014
San Antonio, TX
Loving Havoc. Tempted to try RR since Beetle builds it as well, it's been a while since I've used it. It was a daily driver on my S3 fur a while.
I liked Havoc too, but left it right after setting it up because of the screen recorder bug. Does it still have that bug? Beetle musta figured it out because the OP in RR says RR has it too, but it doesn't. I've been using the RR for 4 days I think, and I haven't noticed a thing wrong with it. Seems flawless, and it's long been my favorite....

And YOU might like Open Camera too, since ypu seem to like open source. Link in above post....

I just last night put the RR on my rav with no Gapps and got fdroid which. I've never tried. If you could give me any fdroid tips or cool tutorial links I'd sure appreciate it. I used to have a list of repos or something for it a friend gave me and I must've lost it...before I tried it. That always happens to me.

moslondon

Sep 30, 2012
Dallas
Using this rom makes my carrier register it if I was using a G8 and not the Stylus, so I don't get VoLTE, my phone must say G Stylus. Any idea how to fix or change the name? I am with AT&T in the US.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Havoc_Logo.png

About.png

Havoc-OS 4.x is based on AOSP, inspired by Google Pixel.
    Has a refined Material Design 2 UI crafted by @SKULSHADY.
    Many useful features that will blow your mind.
    All you can dream of and all you'll ever need.
    Just flash and enjoy...

Features.png

Code:
    [SIZE="3"][SIZE="3"][B][U]General:[/B][/U][/SIZE]

Material Design 2 UI
    Android R Style Screenrecord Dialog
    Rounded UI
    Inbuilt GApps (optional)
    Face Unlock
    Enhanced QS Battery Estimation
    Lockscreen Clocks
    Font Customisation
    Dark Theme Support for AOSP apps
    Notification LED Settings
    Pixel Lockscreen weather
    Signature Spoofing
    Micro-G support
    Lockscreen charging animation

[SIZE="3"][B][U]Status Bar:[/B][/U][/SIZE]

Clock & Date Settings
    Custom Logo
    Brightness Control Gesture
    Double Tap to Sleep
    Network Traffic Indicator Settings
    Carrier Label Settings
    Battery Icon Style/Percentage Settings
    Status Bar Icons Toggle
    HD/VoLTE Icon Toggle
    4G/LTE Icon Toggle
    Data Disable Icon Toggle
    Roaming Indicator Toggle
    Small Mobile Type Icon Toggle
    Bluetooth Battery Status Toggle

[SIZE="3"][B][U]Quick Settings:[/B][/U][/SIZE]

Quick Pulldown
    Smart Pulldown
    Battery Estimates Toggle
    Background Opacity
    Background Blur Configuration
    Header Image Configuration
    QS Customisations
      Rows/Column
      Tile Title
      Vibrate on Touch
    Brightness Slider Customization
      Brightness Slider On Bottom/Top/Hidden
      Auto Brightness Icon
      Brightness Control Buttons
    QS Footer Customization
      Settings Icon
      Running Services Icon
      Edit Icon
      User Switcher Icon

[SIZE="3"][B][U]Ambient Display:[/B][/U][/SIZE]

Show/Hide Battery Level
    Ambient Options
      Always On
      Always On When Charging
      Wakeup On New Notifications
      Wakeup on New Music (Music Ticker)
      Sensor Based Screen Wakeup (Tilt/Hand Wave/Pocket)
      Double Tap for Ambient Display
    Ambient/Always On Display Brightness Configuration

[SIZE="3"][B][U]Screen:[/B][/U][/SIZE]

Corners Customisation
      Rounded Corner Radius
      Corner Content Padding
    Legacy App Scaling
      Force Higher Aspect Ratio for Selected Apps

[SIZE="3"][B][U]Buttons:[/B][/U][/SIZE]

Navigation
      Nav Bar Toggle
      System Navigation Type
      Arrows Keys
    Volume Buttons
      Swap Keys
      Volume Steps
      Long Press to Seek Tracks
      Keyboard Cursor Control
      Volume Rocker Wakeup
      Volume keys Answer Call
    Power Button
      Power Menu Customization
      Lockscreen Options
        Visibility on the Lockscreen
        Reboot
        Advanced Reboot
        Screenshot Option
        Screenrecord
      Screen-Off Torch
        Double Tap Power Button
        Long Press Power Button
    Back Gesture
      Arrow Animation toggle
      Long Swipe Type (Swipe and Hold/Swipe Edge to Edge)
      Long Swipe Timeout
      Long Left/Right Swipe Action
      Haptic Feedback toggle

[SIZE="3"][B][U]Gestures:[/B][/U][/SIZE]

Jump To Camera
    System Navigation Settings
    Prevent Ringing Gesture
    Swipe To Screenshot
    Touchscreen Gestures

[SIZE="3"][B][U]Lockscreen:[/B][/U][/SIZE]

Double Tap to Sleep
    Media Cover Art
    Media Cover Art Blur Level
    Music Visualiser
    Unlocking
      Pocket Detection
    Fingerprint
      Screen Off FOD
      Show Icon
      Recognizing Animation
      FP Authentication Vibration
      FP error Vibration
    Elements Customisation
      Status Bar
      Quick Settings
      Lock Icon
      Charging Info

[SIZE="3"][B][U]Notifications:[/B][/U][/SIZE]

Flashlight
      Blink for incoming call
      Blink for Call Waiting
    Screen
      Edge Lighting Customisation
    Status Bar
      Heads Up
    System
      FC Notifications
    Misc
      Kill App Button
      Noisy Notifications

[SIZE="3"][B][U]Animations:[/B][/U][/SIZE]

Animation Duration
    System Animation customization
    QS Tile Animation Customisation

[SIZE="3"][B][U]Battery Saving:[/B][/U][/SIZE]

Smart Pixels
    Suspend Actions

[SIZE="3"][B][U]Miscellaneous:[/B][/U][/SIZE]

Gaming Mode
    Wake Up on Charge
    Charging Animation
    Screenshot Type (Full/Partial)
    Adaptive Playback
    Playback Timeout (30sec/1min/2min/5min/10min)

[SIZE="3"][B][U]Other Features:[/B][/U][/SIZE]

Vibration & Haptics Customization
    LiveDisplay
    Notch Hide Settings
    Seperate ringtone for SIM1&2
    Screen Refresh Rate (For Supported Devices)
    ALways On Display
    Smart Charging
    Theming
      Styles and Wallpapers
      Dark Theme
      Accent Colour
      Icon Shape

[SIZE="3"][B][U]QS Tile Shortcuts:[/B][/U][/SIZE]

Heads Up tile
      Caffeine tile
      CPU info tile
      Smart pixel tile
      Live Caption
      Screenrecord tile
      Gaming Mode tile
      Screenshot tile
      LTE tile
      Music Tile
      LiveDisplay
      Switch Data Card Tile
      Reboot Tile
      Reading Mode
      Gaming Mode
      Compass
      Sound Search
      Compass Tile

[/SIZE]
    Screenshots.png

Team.png

Founder & Lead Developer:
    Support Team:

Donate.png

If you like our work then please consider donating.
    UPI: anushekprasal@okhdfcbank
    Maintainer PayPal: https://www.paypal.me/ANUSHEK

Links.png

Open GApps: http://opengapps.org
    Magisk: https://xdaforums.com/apps/magisk/official-magisk-v7-universal-systemless-t3473445
    Telegram Support Group: https://t.me/havocofficial
    Telegram Announcements Channel: https://t.me/Havoc_OS
    Discord Server: https://discord.gg/YfhBCj4[/SIZE][/INDENT]

Credits.png

And all the other Developers, Testers, Donators and Users.

Source.png

Device Trees: https://git.asineth.gq/android_device_motorola_sofiar/
    Vendor Trees: https://git.asineth.gq/android_vendor_motorola_sofiar/
    Kernel Trees: https://git.asineth.gq/android_kernel_motorola_trinket/

A million Thank You's to @vache and @asineth for their hard work on the trees used to build, and @Rooted_Ansh and @kgvarunkanth for answering all my noob questions :silly: and @niaboc79 for the inspiration to make my own stuff :D :good:

Install Steps in Post #2.
    Download Links in Post #3.

KNOWN BUGS:

Let me know!
    23-6-21 Build - HavocOS 4.6!!!
    Fixed screen recorder, fixed screen cast/mirroring (gapps build/vanilla with gapps installed), added Moto Camera 2 and Moto clock widgets, kernel upstreamed to .236 with kcal patches added, color control app added to tweak colour/saturation, June security patch. GAPPS and Vanilla builds, TWRP zips and Fastboot D images.

Link is up at Post #3
    To Install:

1. Extract the zip and open a shell with ADB and fastboot.
    2. Reboot your device into fastbootd mode.

Code:
    fastboot reboot fastboot

3. Flash boot, system, product, and vbmeta.

Code:
    fastboot set_active a
    fastboot flash boot boot.img
    fastboot flash system system.img
    fastboot flash product product.img
    fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img

4. Wipe userdata.

Code:
    fastboot -w

To install via TWRP:

1. Install stock firmware, complete one OTA update, then install TWRP in fastboot.
    Code:
    fastboot flash recovery TWRP.img
    fastboot flash recovery_b TWRP.img
    2. Format data in twrp, not wipe, format!
    3.1. For GAPPS build, flash the rom, reboot, profit.
    3.2. For Vanilla builds (if you want to install your own gapps) flash the rom, reboot to recovery, flash flame gapps basic package, reboot to system. If you dont want gapps, flash the Vanilla rom zip, reboot, profit.
    4. If you want magisk, flash it in TWRP after booting the phone to the launcher homescreen once.
    ROM Download Links

19-9-20 (Initial) Build - No GApps, Screen Recording Causes Reboot, ADB Broken

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-ztGP-YYJRzRB8p-bLuMl3YWDw7mawm8/view?usp=sharing

20-9-20 Build - GApps Included, ADB Access Fixed, Screen Recording The Same

https://drive.google.com/file/d/16xXU4gbKOhcsNVOQREidrDeUDrnZN8jC/view?usp=sharing

10-11-20 Build - Updated to 3.11, November security patch. New boot.img included with hotspot fix and twrp decryption support (thanks vache and odin and samuel). GAPPS still included. Clean install recommended.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PfPLco3pcfJ-x-uBDuBWVMffY4vySorx/view?usp=sharing

21-11-20 Build - Still 3.11, Nothing new, No GAPPS build.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HZg7jNw5COVDiKbCw5Wfpd6OP95eqxNO/view?usp=sharing

22-12-20 Build - Updated to 3.12, December security patch. Added the working screen recorder to system and removed the old broken one.

No Gapps Build

Gapps Included Build

23-6-21 Build - HavocOS 4.6!!!
    Fixed screen recorder, fixed screen cast/mirroring (gapps build/vanilla with gapps installed), added Moto Camera 2 and Moto clock widgets, kernel upstreamed to .236 with kcal patches added, color control app added to tweak colour/saturation, June security patch. GAPPS and Vanilla builds, TWRP zips and Fastboot D images.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1zhgC1r-FxnobhCG_CyO7aLbvMz8iiFMh?usp=sharing

07-08-21 build

Havoc-OS v4.8

Rebased to omni device trees.
    Kernel upstreamed to 4.14.240
    Tap to wake working.
    (Stylus model only) Stylus should be working, may need to reopen stylus settings from time to time.

FM radio is BROKEN

Let me clarify. I was on stock android 11. Flash procedure went fine. Flashed through fastboot d using latest platform tools. I flashed to partition b. I reflashed it to make sure and rebooted to twrp to verify active partition. I can not get any roms to work they either get stuck at boot anim or put me to fastboot
    I noticed this issue before. You have to first fastboot flash a stock rom android (10) .Then android 11 roms will boot. I think because the roms were created using android 10 source code that is modified for android 11.. just a guess though..

edit- I use lolinet mirror for all my stock moto firmware. Just make sure you know each devices codename. Look for the latest android 10 firmware and save it for each time you flash a different rom. This website keeps the oldest and latest software related to moto devices..