• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][RAV*/SOFIA*][11][UNOFFICIAL] PixelExperience (Plus) [AOSP]

Search This thread
Nov 1, 2021
Moto G Power

NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for [RAV*/SOFIA*]

What is this?
PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 11

Whats working?
Wi-Fi
RIL
Mobile data
GPS
Camera
Flashlight
Camcorder
Bluetooth
Fingerprint reader
Face unlock
Lights
Sound/vibration

Known issues
FM Radio
You tell me

Downloads

Installation

Donate
Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
Help with project translation

Stay tuned
Our Telegram channel
Our blog

Contributors
Vache for initial device and vendor sources + TWRP
ph4n70m & Beetle84 for tons of building help
S4muel007 for kernel

Thanks awesome peeps ;)

ROM OS Version: Android 11
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
Based On: AOSP

Version Information
Stable

Created 2021-11-20
Last Updated 2021-11-21

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2021
Moto G Power
Installation
DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED

FastbootD
1) Extract rom zip and open cmd prompt in the extracted folder
2) Reboot into fastbootd
Code:
fastboot reboot fastboot
3) Flash images
Code:
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
fastboot flash product product.img
fastboot flash system system.img
4) Format data
Code:
fastboot -w
5) Reboot, profit.

TWRP
1) Boot to bootloader
2) Flash TWRP (included download above)
Code:
fastboot flash recovery_a twrpfile.img
fastboot flash recovery_b twrpfile.img
3) Flash the rom
4) Format Data (not factory reset)
5) Reboot, Profit
5.1) (Optional) If magisk is desired flash it in TWRP after first boot

Last edited:

classic757

Apr 15, 2013
I would like to try this but I have a question:
Is this rom for sofia or sofiar? The title of the post says sofia but the download link says sofiar.
which is it? I have the U.S. retail version of the Moto G Power, which is sofia.

jhford

I originally installed Beetle84's Havoc Rom, which he/she no longer supports, on my Moto G Power 2020 XT2041-4 using FlashbootD, but, soon, my battery life diminished until it barely lasted a day. So, I tried to flash the new Lineage 18.1, but it failed and I had to Rescue my device. It's now running the stock Android 11 (A!11) Rom. Other Cooks have suggested that I can't flash another Rom until I downgrade the device to A10, which I haven't been able to do. I wanted to try Vache's Moto Flash Tool, but I can't find instructions online. Do I have to downgrade to A10 to flash this Rom? If not, can I just follow the above instructions which are similar to Beetle84's instructions I successfully followed when I flashed his Havoc A11 Rom? Also, how does this Rom compare to Havoc?
Thanks

Nov 1, 2021
Moto G Power
I originally installed Beetle84's Havoc Rom, which he/she no longer supports, on my Moto G Power 2020 XT2041-4 using FlashbootD, but, soon, my battery life diminished until it barely lasted a day. So, I tried to flash the new Lineage 18.1, but it failed and I had to Rescue my device. It's now running the stock Android 11 (A!11) Rom. Other Cooks have suggested that I can't flash another Rom until I downgrade the device to A10, which I haven't been able to do. I wanted to try Vache's Moto Flash Tool, but I can't find instructions online. Do I have to downgrade to A10 to flash this Rom? If not, can I just follow the above instructions which are similar to Beetle84's instructions I successfully followed when I flashed his Havoc A11 Rom? Also, how does this Rom compare to Havoc?
Thanks
unfortunately yes you have to downgrade to a10 for the rom to boot
for downgrade instructions it's rather self explanatory. just drop ur stock 10 firmware zip in the firmware folder and start the flash

after u downgraded just use the installation guide above
And for how it compares, Not sure. It's basically AOSP but with google apps, It's like havoc but more bare and made for pixel fans that want the pure pixel experience

if u want more features I would definitely point u towards ph4n70m's havoc build

jhford

unfortunately yes you have to downgrade to a10 for the rom to boot
for downgrade instructions it's rather self explanatory. just drop ur stock 10 firmware zip in the firmware folder and start the flash

after u downgraded just use the installation guide above
And for how it compares, Not sure. It's basically AOSP but with google apps, It's like havoc but more bare and made for pixel fans that want the pure pixel experience

if u want more features I would definitely point u towards ph4n70m's havoc build
Thank you, but I don't understand this: "just drop ur stock 10 firmware zip in the firmware folder and start the flash." So, can you please give me specific downgrade instructions. I've tried and failed at least 6 times.

Nov 1, 2021
Moto G Power
Thank you, but I don't understand this: "just drop ur stock 10 firmware zip in the firmware folder and start the flash." So, can you please give me specific downgrade instructions. I've tried and failed at least 6 times.
Well, in moto flash tool's root directory it has a firmware folder to place your device's stock firmware for it to flash, after that is done open up the tool and select the stock 10 package u placed

jhford

Well, in moto flash tool's root directory it has a firmware folder to place your device's stock firmware for it to flash, after that is done open up the tool and select the stock 10 package u placed
I have done that both zipped and unzipped several times and it has always failed. Maybe I downloaded the wrong firmware. I got it from lolinet. Do you have a link for the correct A10 firmware for Moto G Power 2020 XT2041-4?
BTW, since I'm now stock A11, I used Nova Launcher v6.x - new.version 7.x is incompatible with many of my widgets - today.to make the UI look identical to my rooted and rommed Nexus 7 2013 deb tablets, and it's pretty livable. Plus, Android Auto now works perfectly and never did when the phone was rooted and rommed. Food for thought.
[Edit] I flashed Vache's TWRP. I'd be pretty happy if I could make a Nandroid backup of my current stock setup. Have you done that?
Thanks again

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2021
Moto G Power
I have done that both zipped and unzipped several times and it has always failed. Maybe I downloaded the wrong firmware. I got it from lolinet. Do you have a link for the correct A10 firmware for Moto G Power 2020 XT2041-4?
BTW, since I'm now stock A11, I used Nova Launcher v6.x - new.version 7.x is incompatible with many of my widgets - today.to make the UI look identical to my rooted and rommed Nexus 7 2013 deb tablets, and it's pretty livable. Plus, Android Auto now works perfectly and never did when the phone was rooted and rommed. Food for thought.
[Edit] I flashed Vache's TWRP. I'd be pretty happy if I could make a Nandroid backup of my current stock setup. Have you done that?
Thanks again
What's Moto Flash Tool's output? And I can't really decide the correct firmware for you phone, u need to see what software channel your phone is and select it here: https://mirrors.lolinet.com/firmware/motorola/sofia/official/

for nandroid backup well I'm not really sure, haven't done one before. a quick google search should do something for you.

jhford

What's Moto Flash Tool's output? And I can't really decide the correct firmware for you phone, u need to see what software channel your phone is and select it here: https://mirrors.lolinet.com/firmware/motorola/sofia/official/

for nandroid backup well I'm not really sure, haven't done one before. a quick google search should do something for you.
Here's how I used Moto Flash Tool (MFT). Pasted A10 firmware in firmware folder. Connected phone in bootloader mode. Double clicked the MFT exe. A blank DOS window popped up and disappeared. That's it.

jhford

make sure it's in a path with no spaces, i recommend putting it in a folder with of course no spaces again on any drive's root
I followed you suggestion and only moved the folder to the root of C:\ that hosts the exe and the firmware, etc. folders. I double clicked the exe and for the first time, a usable batch file DOS window opened. So, it appears that I have a working setup. However, I'm going to think about rooting/romming this phone again, because I don't want to lose Android Auto (AA) again. But AA only works with a USB wired connection in my car, and I ordered an AAWireless device which should obviate the wired connection and allow my rooted/rommed phone to connect. I'll test it, and, if so, I'll flash your Rom Immediately.
Thanks for putting up with me.

NobleX13

Jul 28, 2010
I flashed this rom to my retail Moto G Power (2020) that was purchased from Google Fi. I make it to the Google logo screen on boot and it just sits there with the progress bar perpetually scrolling. Any advice?

Top Liked Posts