• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][RAV*/SOFIA*][11][UNOFFICIAL] SuperiorOS-Xcalibur

Search This thread

Vision919

Mar 8, 2021
Samsung Galaxy S7
Moto G Power
I accidentally deleted the launcher app thinking it would fix a problem I had (it didn't but I eventually fixed it). I tried installing Nova Launcher from my computer to my phone, I got it installed, but it didn't help. Is there anyway I can get the Superior OS launcher and install it?

Stoner242020

May 14, 2020
hey so im having an issue and im not sure what im doing wrong.
this is the full methid of how i installed the rom:

1. Run rescue tool and restore original rom

2. On phone set up to home screen

3. Turn on Usb Debugging

4. Open command prompt

5. Type ( adb reboot fastboot )

6. Type ( fastboot set_active a )

7. Type ( fastboot flash boot boot.img )

8. Type ( fastboot flash system system.img )

9. Type ( fastboot flash product product.img )

10. Type ( fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img )

11. Type ( fastboot -w )

12. Type ( fastboot reboot )

all went smoothly but upon rebooting i get the logo showing its booting but it never goes past the logo with different colors i waited about 20 mins thinking it just needed to load longer but now idk any help would be appreciated

Stoner242020

May 14, 2020
No I use the Lenovo smart assistant to reflash the original rom then I go through and set up to home screen and enable adb debugging then proceed with installing a custom rom this one or any of the android 11 roms so far besides the original rom they all end with the same result it boots I get the booting logo of the new custom rom but then it never loads up it just stays at that for as long as I leave it on I waited 30 mins and nothing

Last edited:

Beetle84

Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2013
Hervey Bay
Motorola Moto G100 / Edge S
No I use the Lenovo smart assistant to reflash the original rom then I go through and set up to home screen and enable adb debugging then proceed with installing a custom rom this one or any of the android 11 roms so far besides the original rom they all end with the same result it boots I get the booting logo of the new custom rom but then it never loads up it just stays at that for as long as I leave it on I waited 30 mins and nothing
What is the 'original rom'? If its android 11 stock, these roms are never going to boot.
You need to be on android 10.

Vision919

Mar 8, 2021
Samsung Galaxy S7
Moto G Power
Oh wow, I really don't know then. I would ask in the Telegram.

Stoner242020

May 14, 2020
What is the 'original rom'? If its android 11 stock, these roms are never going to boot.
You need to be on android 10.
The original rom is the rom from Motorola the official release for Android 11 but I can not get any android 11 custom roms to boot that's the issue I'm having I can get android 10 roms to boot that's what I'm so confused do you mean I need to be on Android 10 then update it to a custom android 11 rom?

Last edited:

Beetle84

Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2013
Hervey Bay
Motorola Moto G100 / Edge S
The original rom is the rom from Motorola the official release for Android 11 but I can not get any android 11 custom roms to boot that's the issue I'm having I can get android 10 roms to boot that's what I'm so confused do you mean I need to be on Android 10 then update it to a custom android 11 rom?
Exactly, you must be on android 10 for these roms to boot.

gearsofwar567

Oct 27, 2018
hey so im having an issue and im not sure what im doing wrong.
this is the full methid of how i installed the rom:

1. Run rescue tool and restore original rom

2. On phone set up to home screen

3. Turn on Usb Debugging

4. Open command prompt

5. Type ( adb reboot fastboot )

6. Type ( fastboot set_active a )

7. Type ( fastboot flash boot boot.img )

8. Type ( fastboot flash system system.img )

9. Type ( fastboot flash product product.img )

10. Type ( fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img )

11. Type ( fastboot -w )

12. Type ( fastboot reboot )

all went smoothly but upon rebooting i get the logo showing its booting but it never goes past the logo with different colors i waited about 20 mins thinking it just needed to load longer but now idk any help would be appreciated
Are you using the latest platform tools?

Stoner242020

May 14, 2020
Are you coming from stock 11 or stock 10?
well I was first trying to go from stock 11 to custom 11 and that wasn't working for me then I went from stock 10 to custom 11 using Havoc OS with no issues but when I try to go from stock 10 to custom 11 using SuperiorOS-Xcalibur I get this error when installing the system.img

D:\Android Stuff\ADB & Fastboot\platform-tools_r31.0.3-windows\platform-tools>fastboot flash system system.img
Resizing 'system_a' FAILED (remote: 'Not enough space to resize partition')
fastboot: error: Command failed

gearsofwar567

Oct 27, 2018
well I was first trying to go from stock 11 to custom 11 and that wasn't working for me then I went from stock 10 to custom 11 using Havoc OS with no issues but when I try to go from stock 10 to custom 11 using SuperiorOS-Xcalibur I get this error when installing the system.img

D:\Android Stuff\ADB & Fastboot\platform-tools_r31.0.3-windows\platform-tools>fastboot flash system system.img
Resizing 'system_a' FAILED (remote: 'Not enough space to resize partition')
fastboot: error: Command failed
Where did you grab the platform tools from?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Phoenix.png

About US:
    Superior OS is a AOSP based custom ROM with some minimal features to fulfill the users demands nowadays.

UPDATES WILL BE ADDED TO THIS POST EACH MONTH AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE. CHECK FOR UPDATED LINKS! IM UPDATING THE LINKS TO THE FEB PATCH
    👌

Disclaimer.jpg

Code:
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * We are not responsible for anything that may happen to your phone by installing any custom ROMs and/or kernels.
    * You do it at your own risk and take the responsibility upon yourself and you are not to blame us or XDA and its respected developers.
    "This is a user friendly thread, all your suggestions are important to us and will be taken into consideration.."

Procedure.jpg

***GAPPS ARE INCLUDED IN ROM***

HOW TO INSTALL:

1. Fastboot -w (in bootloader)
    2. Flash images
    - fastboot reboot fastboot
    - fastboot set_active a
    - fastboot flash boot boot.img
    - fastboot flash system system.img
    - fastboot flash product product.img
    - fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
    3. Reboot

AND THATS IT!

****FLASHING MICROG BUILD****

1. Flash all images (same steps above)
    2. Boot into rom
    3. Reboot into TWRP
    4. Flash magisk
    5. Flash microg.zip (included in the link provided)
    6. Reboot

Features.jpg

New Update:
    - Added new thermals from Xiaomi
    - Improved RAM management
    - Performance Optimizations
    - Added Pixel Camera blobs
    - Added Miracast

Downloads.jpg

Download ROM:SuperiorOS_May-patch

Credits.jpg

SuperiorOS Core Team
    AOSP
    Lineage OS
    DirtyUnicorns
    PixelExperience
    AospExtended
    Syberia OS
    Nitrogen OS
    Pixys OS

Team.jpg

@bcrichster
    @Beetle84
    @asineth
    @Rondeau79
    @gearsofwar567
    @kjjjnob

Special thanks:
    @vache

Important Links

Donate.jpg

Loved the ROM? Want to help it imporove? Gift us with some credits!

Source.jpg

Superior OS source
    Device Trees: https://github.com/h0pk1do/android_device_motorola_sofiar
    Vendor Trees: https://github.com/moto-sm6xxx/android_vendor_motorola_sofiar
    Kernel Trees: https://github.com/Odin1101/Project-Sofia
    telegram.png

Telegram Group
    Telegram Channel

EXPERIENCING BUGS?
    PLEASE LET ME KNOW!

SuperiorOS Version Name: Xcalibur
    Build Type: UNOFFICIAL
    Source Code: SuperiorOS

XDA:DevDB Information
    SuperiorOS A11 sofia*/rav*, ROM for the Moto G8 Family

Contributors
    Source Code:
    https://github.com/SuperiorOS

ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x

Version Information
    Stable

Created 2021-01-27
    Last Updated 2021-03-26
    New update posted!
    Hello gearsofwar567. in the post you mention that its possible to use the twrp to flash this? does that mean i can flash the twrp and do a backup and then go back to android 10 if i use twrp instead of flashing this directly? or does it come with some kind of recovery that can do backups?
    also... i will gladly flash this and test it for you but i would like to wonder what features are software defect?
    basically this is android 11 before moto released it which is fine but i am nervous about the recovery itself lol
    Will this get updates? I have never used an unofficial rom before and I don't know how reliably updated they are.
    I have now managed to get Arrow OS to install I just cant get the system.img to install for Superior OS
    Well that's good 👍 and that's crazy strange