• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Rom] Renegade(DISCONTINUED) (G920P)(OJ7-V1)(5.1.1){Aroma}

Search This thread

ikenvape

Oct 5, 2010
East PA
Yeah, thanks, I didn't read THAT part lol What a noob move I did haha Also, can you provide the stock OH1 Kernel to download? Or the UniKernel is better?

It happens ;) OH1 isn't available, the big guys are waiting for it to be released. Trust me, we're all waiting for it.
For now, you have to stick to this one. http://forum.xda-developers.com/sprint-galaxy-s6/development/kernel-unikernel-v5-t3166295 920p if you're on Sprint.

---------- Post added at 01:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:56 AM ----------

Is anyone else having signal issues? My data connection will just randomly drop for no reason. I had this issue on stock official OH1 and I'm having the same issue on the heavily debloated OH1 too. I tried a PRL and Profile update, which seems to actually make things worse.
Can be a silly answer but,
Did you go into Mobile networks and confirm you're on Automatic and shut off Connections optimizer. Also If you're on wifi calling, you'll most likely see a huge drop.

Reactions: wildjeep

prototype7

Apr 16, 2012
New Hampshire
Yeah, thanks, I didn't read THAT part lol What a noob move I did haha Also, can you provide the stock OH1 Kernel to download? Or the UniKernel is better?
The stock kernels have dm-verity enabled, which unfortunately means they won't boot if your system partition isn't completely stock. Your only option right now to use the OH1 kernel is sticking with stock unrooted.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

PowkyE

Mar 8, 2014
Hey man, using the ROM light debloated and so far no glitches everything working fine. Can I ask for a flashable zip that centers the clock and hide AM/PM and hide the battery icon and just keep the numbers? I know in OP are some mods but they have old ugly lte icons haha

Rocklee99

Jul 13, 2010
Hey man, using the ROM light debloated and so far no glitches everything working fine. Can I ask for a flashable zip that centers the clock and hide AM/PM and hide the battery icon and just keep the numbers? I know in OP are some mods but they have old ugly lte icons haha

You can use the new Wanam xposed, it works for the most part, I'm using it now

Sent from my SM-G925P using XDA Free mobile app

guitarpager

May 10, 2008
Winfield
After installing this rom (3.1 Download) I experienced multiple force close issues. So many issues that I had to start over and wipe my phone. I started everything from scratch again and after installing the rom again I had the same issues.

wildjeep

Oct 13, 2010
St. Paul

Glad OH1 is working out for you. A handful of guys worked hard on it.
As for the mod. The request was put in for almost that same zip yesterday. We will be adding it and others once they are complete.

I would like to attempt a feature of this thread,(XDA 2013 and newer style in the black bar) at the top of the page, you should see "features request"Hopefully this will help with losing track of items in the posts, lets try to utilize that function.
Please fill out the request with as much detail as you can think of. Remember we can't read your mind.
Thanks guys. Lets make the best out of this device :good:

Last edited:

ikenvape

Oct 5, 2010
East PA

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-09-07-20-51-58.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-09-07-20-51-58.jpg
    235.9 KB · Views: 270

oldpreowner

Jul 1, 2010
Knoxville, TN
First off great Rom! On the oh1 build and unikernel v6 I can't get hotspot working. Wiped clean before install. Also tried again to make sure. The same set up as ofe just can't get hotspot working. Any suggestions?

CCallahan

Oct 20, 2010
Rock Chalk
First off great Rom! On the oh1 build and unikernel v6 I can't get hotspot working. Wiped clean before install. Also tried again to make sure. The same set up as ofe just can't get hotspot working. Any suggestions?
Did you flash the OH1 hotspot fix in the OP? Sorry if you mentioned doing that already and I missed it.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

oldpreowner

Jul 1, 2010
Knoxville, TN
Did you flash the OH1 hotspot fix in the OP? Sorry if you mentioned doing that already and I missed it.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

Ive tried with no luck, starting over fresh now will be a few minutes as it is booting up. Ive had a lot of help via pm from @wildjeep! Ill Keep you informed if i can get it going, thanks all the help.

---------- Post added at 02:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 PM ----------

Flashed all over again and im at a loss. I don't ever get the little circle thing in the left side of the status bar. I can connect to my gs 6 but no ip address.

[email protected]

Feb 16, 2011
Hopatcong
Thanks wildjeep for all the work on making custom Sprint ROMs for this great device. I always hate asking stuff like this but my OCD is getting the better of me. Is there a G920P (not 925P) version of this ROM potentially in the works? If not, is there a way to remove all of the EDGE settings and stuff from the ROM? I think the ROM is great and runs extremely smooth, it's just my OCD goes incredible hulk seeing that pull out thing on the home screen and EDGE stuff in the settings menu. By no means will this stop me from using this awesome ROM, just putting something out into the universe to see what happens.

spacer89

Mar 2, 2008
Thanks wildjeep for all the work on making custom Sprint ROMs for this great device. I always hate asking stuff like this but my OCD is getting the better of me. Is there a G920P (not 925P) version of this ROM potentially in the works? If not, is there a way to remove all of the EDGE settings and stuff from the ROM? I think the ROM is great and runs extremely smooth, it's just my OCD goes incredible hulk seeing that pull out thing on the home screen and EDGE stuff in the settings menu. By no means will this stop me from using this awesome ROM, just putting something out into the universe to see what happens.

Turn off all the edge screen options in the settings

wildjeep

Oct 13, 2010
St. Paul
Haha... No problem at all. But I can't take credit for anything more than putting together a Thread and keeping it up to date.
I do it cause I spent 4 years modding HTC devices without posting because I didn't understand lingo. So I can sympathize completely with all the members we have, who are viewing but not posting for this device. I'm trying to organize, "simplify" for them, and well.. Cause I'm a lil bit anal.
The real thanks should go out to @ram9200, @dazednconfused, @Joshwaaa, @Acoustichayes, @tjeeeeee, @nyfl2004 they understand what they're doing, and share it with the rest of us. None of us would be here without them.

As for a dedicated S6 Rom... I think that we could take a poll and see if that is something that would be worth the effort. As of now, having 2 similar devices that have the ability to utilize the same Rom, it saves on hours of labor that could be used for more features.
Now, with that being said.... You should be able to disable them in settings. Or maybe at some point a flashable .zip that could remove edge options from the S6 Rom? Would that be a better option?

Last edited:

Joshwaaa

Feb 1, 2011
Lake Worth, FL
Ive tried with no luck, starting over fresh now will be a few minutes as it is booting up. Ive had a lot of help via pm from @wildjeep! Ill Keep you informed if i can get it going, thanks all the help.

---------- Post added at 02:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 PM ----------

Flashed all over again and im at a loss. I don't ever get the little circle thing in the left side of the status bar. I can connect to my gs 6 but no ip address.

Try the Light Debloat. It is built in there.

Rocklee99

Jul 13, 2010
Is there a reason why I get this wakelocl with media server? It says audio is running and I'm not sure why. I closed everything, wiped dalvik cache, I can't figure it out...

Sent from my SM-G925P using XDA Free mobile app

bigmikehd2

Sep 12, 2010
Cincinnati
Is there something missing from this rom that would make the heart rate sensor not be detected? Or could it be because I'm not signed into any samsung account stuff?

Attachments

• 1441754400242.jpg
    1441754400242.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 196

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    XDA:DevDB Information
    [Rom] Renegade (DISCONTINUED) (G920P)(OJ7-V1)(5.1.1){Aroma}, ROM for the Sprint Samsung Galaxy S6

Contributors
    wildjeep, joshwaaa, nyfl2004, ram9200
    ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: OF7, OFE, OGA, OH1, OI1, OJ7

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2015-08-03

Created 2015-08-06
    Last Updated 2016-09-18
    Renegade OJ7 Update

Alright guys. An updated version is being tested.
    Great Effort by @nyfl2004 for all the edits and compiling this version together for our Sprint Device
    This next version will include the options of the previous Rom and also an Aroma installer which includes:
    Launcher Options
    Stock S6 Edge, HTC Sense 7, Note5 or Note5 Marshmallow
    Sound Options
    Viper4Android, Dolby, and or Viper4Android and Dolby.
    Kernel Options
    v8 or v9
    Animation Options
    Stock or Renegade.
    Splash Screen Options
    Stock or Renegade
    System UI Options
    Xposed Installer Option

Still working on other goodies:good::D
    Beautiful!! You guys are the sh!t

As a quick update, I'm almost finished with the Edge Renegade OL1 Aroma v1. As soon as I'm done, I'll jump on the S6 version for you guys. It shouldn't be too much longer. Thanks for being patient guys.:good::good:
    Hi all. I see that several users have been struggling with some minor bugs or glitches, especially the crash to lockscreen. At this point, I don't think that anyone knows for sure what is really causing it. As you probably know, development in this thread was almost halted at one point. Several of us then decided to band together and keep it alive. Speaking for myself, I am not a dev, and my abilities are somewhat limited. While I know my way around building a rom and adding mods and even theming, I am not much help when it comes to technical troubleshooting. I wanted to mention that because I do not want you folks to think that we do not want to help when it comes to complicated issues. @wildjeep has done an amazing job at keeping this thread maintained and updated. @Joshwaaa has done an amazing job at providing the debloats, tweaks and edits. All the testers have done an amazing job at pointing out the issues. We all certainly appreciate your support and thank you for using the rom!. We will continue to try an improve it. With all that being said, Renegade OJ7 is almost here. Thanks again for being patient and I apologize for the long winded post, lol.
    Welcome to Renegade

If you haven't noticed. Ramified is in the process of being retired and Renegade will be the new project.
    The reason for this change is to identify a great community who has came together for the same common goal. So the Rom needed a little identity reassignment.
    In the OP, you'll find a specific 920P(Full) Rom which included the correct kernel. A Light version is still being compiled.
    So the last step for re-flashing the 920P kernel will no longer be necessary.
    :victory:This Rom version is our best one yet :highfive: