Rom request (Asus Memo pad 10 -me102a)

Search This thread

PeJeWe

Apr 1, 2011
Hi,

I was able to install the Rockchip driver following your instructions above, but I'm having a hard time with the other steps using RKAndroidTool - [ edit 1: I think I figured this part out ]

When you say "root map of the RKtool map", do you mean the root folder of the RKtool folder ? Also, there's one parameter file in the RKtool folder, another one inside the rom folder ( again inside RKtool folder) and another one inside Asus firmware folder, which one goes to the RKAndroidTool ? And the RK3188Loader_uboot .BIN file is already inside RKtool's folder, does it change anything ?

And finally do I have to use "EraseIDB" before flashing the firmware ? I saw it recommended somewhere else.

Thanks.

EDIT 2: Success!
I was finally able to restore my Asus me102a to the factory settings and removed root as well, the update went fine too. Now I'll root it again and play with it.
As far as the files are concerned - I copied the Asus firmware files to the rom folder inside the RKtool folder as posted by PeJeWe. I used the RK3188Loader_uboot .BIN file found in the same RKtool folder ( no change here ), and the parameter file in the Asus firmware is the same as the one inside RKtool folder, so no change there as well. All went smooth, my tab is running the latest Asus update, all stock factory settings!
Now I'm about to root it again, does anyone know how safe are KingoRoot or Vroot? I remember some time ago people had some security concerns.
Thanks again.
I have used kingoroot no issues here.

Reactions: amenofus and mbsans

amenofus

Feb 4, 2015
Monterrey
I have used kingoroot no issues here.

Thanks, Finally, I restored the original system image in my ASUS K00F. I tried to restore under Windows 8.1 64 bits but Windows stops the rockchip driver. The fix to USB port in Windows 8 doesn't work. I used Windows 7 Pro 32 bits to restore the tablet. Te procedure is secure if you follow step by step. Thanks again.:good:

[email protected]

Nov 7, 2011
I made a cm rom for this device. But it wont install in cwm recovery.

E:error in /external_sd/my zip file....
(status 6)

What i tryed to fix:
I did try and see if i could open the rom file on the device. Did copy it a nother time to the device.
I did a factory reset before installing.

I than looked at the log file.
There seems to be a problem in my updaterscript
This is the problem if the info in the log file is right:
line 92 col 28661: unknown function ¨retouch_binaries¨ 1parse errors

I checked. Found no problem. Well 1 missed space. I than ad a space but it still did not work.
I did this in lunix.

Here is my updaterscript:
http://pastebin.com/jRGffrah

It would help a lot if i could fix this problem.! Than we are closer to a rom!

Reactions: bravho and pippo96

murigny64

Apr 17, 2012
REIMS
No, because of locked bootloader and exotic name of libs "rk101". Barome and me have tried to compile a kernel with no success.
I have tried to port an Oma7144 ' rom "4.2.2 multiwindows" work but no wifi/bt and cameras. You can only overclock kernel/boot with rkpatchomatic tool.

[email protected]

Nov 7, 2011
No, because of locked bootloader and exotic name of libs "rk101". Barome and me have tried to compile a kernel with no success.
I have tried to port an Oma7144 ' rom "4.2.2 multiwindows" work but no wifi/bt and cameras. You can only overclock kernel/boot with rkpatchomatic tool.

The bootloader can be unlocked.
read here: http://androtab.info/memopad/fastboot/

Enter Rockchip bootloader mode from adb:
fastboot reboot-bootloader

fastboot oem unlock61646
fastboot oem unlockD696E

can try this to: fastboot oem unlock

(re)lock fastboot flash command:
fastboot oem lock

My self i did not get the second bootloader unlocked.
i did get: fastboot oem unlockD696E remote: oem admmunlock not requested

I might have to request a unlock code from Asus? There is no unlocking tool for it, its seems.

Last edited:

murigny64

Apr 17, 2012
REIMS
I know this trick to unlock but i'm not sure that it's usefull.
bootloader checks signature in boot.img with RSA public key. So, no chance with a custom boot without this key.

For "retouch_binaries", this command is problably not implemented in update-binary, have you trying change this one?

Reactions: [email protected]

[email protected]

Nov 7, 2011
Thx for the info. I will google me some more about the RSA public key. I will have a try and change the update-binary.

I know this trick to unlock but i'm not sure that it's usefull.
bootloader checks signature in boot.img with RSA public key. So, no chance with a custom boot without this key.

For "retouch_binaries", this command is problably not implemented in update-binary, have you trying change this one?

Oct 14, 2014
Hi, i've installed xposed on this table and now the device wont turn on.

I flashed disable xposed via recovery but the situation is the same.

How can i refresh the firmware whithout format the device?
I've no backup.

Thanks

Last edited:

shadownbg

Sep 27, 2012
hi. i instaled chainfire3D on my me102a and somekind of nvidia driver (to try to play nvidia games) and after that tablet restarted and since than i am stuck on asus bootscreen. i tried to wipe data/factory reset and wipe cashe partition with android system recovery but still same. i tried than to update with offical firmware (from external storage) but it refuses after validating part.
please help iif you know any solution
sory for my bad english

shadownbg

Sep 27, 2012
hi. i instaled chainfire3D on my me102a and somekind of nvidia driver (to try to play nvidia games) and after that tablet restarted and since than i am stuck on asus bootscreen. i tried to wipe data/factory reset and wipe cashe partition with android system recovery but still same. i tried than to update with offical firmware (from external storage) but it refuses after validating part.
sory for my bad english

update
i did it with adb fastboot and RKAndroidTool used officall firmware from asus support. :D
:victory:

sabertooth159

Jun 10, 2013
sory for my bad english
Try this method: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6E5wdjgXROg

Reactions: quickiller

sanjay.rup

Mar 16, 2011
France
Hi all,

I have brick my ME102A, i need help. Sorry in advance for my bad english.

ME102A work fine before. I applied the update by ASUS and the tablet has died because it had no battery.

Now ME102a can't boot, and it's stuck to Android bootanimation. I can boot into Recovery, and Fastboot. But i cannot do anything.

Fastboot unlock is not working (oem admmunlock not requested), so i can't flash firmware with fastboot.

RkAndroidTool is alway return "Download file failed", i can ONLY FLASH "parameter" without error, all other, even one by one, return "Download file failed".

EraseIDB return succes, and reboot the ME102A, but nothing change.

I have test all Firmware: WW, US, TW, CN without any difference. I can't active USB debugging, because ME102A don't Boot.

RKAndroidTool return also "Download file failed" with CWM && CWM MISC IMG. I have try 3 different's PC on Windows 7 64 BITS, all result is the SAME !

Is there a solution for me please ? I think that if i can unlock FASTBOOT, i will try to write clockworkmod recovery and flash the zip in this thread... But no way for me.

Thank you in advance.

sanjay.rup

Mar 16, 2011
France
New test with debian && rkflashtool.
Result :
info: Writing flash memory at offset 0x0000(...) ... Done !
info: Premature end-of-file reached.

And ... nothing has change ... :( What's the meaning of "Premature end-of-file reached" ?

sabertooth159

Jun 10, 2013
My tablet has CWM recovery, and I can backup my rom.
You try to flash CWM, and I send the restorable rom for cwm.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I successfully boot AOSP 4.2.2 on ME102A.
    Download:
    AOSP4.2.2-ME102A - V3.2.1:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-Fin8UxrD6PRkVwZHFIS1ZaNlU/view
    Sensors fix:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-Fin8UxrD6PT01veGdYTXhDejg/view
    What works:
    touchscreen, LCD, audio, media and sensors
    What DOES NOT work:
    camera, memory mount, Wi-Fi/BT and GPS
    How to update rooted ASUS MeMOPad 10 tablet.

1. Requies rooted tablet.
    2. Download the system update, after download don´t tap the install button.
    3. Install OTA Snatcher, and snatch the OTA file into the SD card or find the dlpkgfile in android root/cache folder.
    4. Copy this file to the external SD card.
    5. Rename the file to the update.zip.
    6. In the update notification tap cancel.
    7.Power off the tablet.
    8. BOOT INTO RECOVERY MODE!
    8.1. Hold down the power on, and volume up (+) button.
    8.2. You see dead android and no command text.
    8.3. Fast and randomly pressed the volume up and power on button.
    8.4. In the recovery go to Apply update from external storage.
    8.5. Wait for the update is completed.
    8.6 Reboot the device with reboot device now button.
    9. Enjoy :)
    (The Update remove root. Root with VRoot.)

Last update file (25,69MB): https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/106883267/update.zip

See this video, how to turn on the recovery mode and update: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6ynJJPzg90
    See this video, how to root with VRoot: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFYobO6YSsg

Recovery
    P1090561.JPG
    Hi everyone... Is someone able to build a cm or something else like omni, pac or paranoid for this device: Asus MeMo Pad 10.1 [Me 102a] with 1.6 GHz quadcore [rk101]

Thanks for your help and replies...
    Thats the Problem... There is no topic about this pad ... and not listed in cyanogen(get cm) :( only memo pad from asus that is listed , is the 10 FHD with dualcore.... But it has different Hardware:(
    Have you tried "package_extract_file("boot.img", "boot");" ? ( boot without slash / )

Note that "write_raw_image" don't work with cwm.

EDIT:

You can use RKAndroidtool to flash your part, with the good parameter.
    It work fine for me:
    I've configuring offset
    Here: https://mega.co.nz/#!HF8UWSxC!Q-rsSTtiduPzxLOpx7oaFk2gxjib91IQACj0PQMov98

Beware ! use it with precaution !!.

package_extract_file("boot.img", "/dev/block/mtd/by-name/boot");

this is the right line to write the file boot.img

I tried to overclock cpu 1800 gpu 798 ddr 667 but will not start. I can now make as many tests and I want to restore the original boot without problems.
    always a big thanks to _FUN for recovery. Without him I could not make any modifications to this tablet.