Rom request (Asus Memo pad 10 -me102a)

Search This thread

sanjay.rup

Mar 16, 2011
France
Sabertooth, thank you but i have already download you cmw rom.

But i can't flash anything.

rkandroidtool return download file failed with CWM IMG or Stock firmware IMG. i can flash only parameter file.
Fastboot unlock is not working, Rkflashtool give me a "Premature end-of-file reached".

Is possible to have a CWM flashable zip ? on Stock Recovery ?

you can see all info on post #418.

I will try Rkflashkit this night with ubuntu. Maybe the partition tools on rkflashkit will be helpfull, but i think that ME102a is ready from trash.

Last edited:

sanjay.rup

Mar 16, 2011
France
Yes, but HOW TO RESTORE IT ?? I have a stock recovery ?

If Rkflashkit is not working, i think i will try "MaskRom" rockchip option, this is the only solution. Or a flashable zip with stock recovery

---------- Post added at 03:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:16 PM ----------

it's normal, when click to ERASE IDB, it's successful, but reboot the tablet ?

sabertooth159

Jun 10, 2013
If you write, how to create flashable rom for stock recovery, i made it.
I have a CWM, and a backupped rom. How to convert cwm backup for flashable zip?
Do you try another official update file? The 20 MB update solve the error for me. I upload the latest 3 firmware update file from my tablet. It´s a flashable zip.
1.0, 2.0, 3.0. And here is my video: Youtube.

sanjay.rup

Mar 16, 2011
France
Hello,

Thank you a lot, this was what i was searching for. But it's not working. They all return me "assert error" and installation aborded. NAND is bad, so update.zip return a error on verify md5 apk into system partition.

i try rkflashkit yesterday night, and it's the same as rkandroidtool, and rkflashtool .... it's not working.

b3s7z4.jpg

I have disassemblate ME102A, i am looking for the NAND chips, to reboot device into MASKROM. Any idea ? I have some photo if needed.
8we2xg.jpg

2wo9cow.jpg

2cxc7z5.jpg

sanjay.rup

Mar 16, 2011
France
so, i have create a sdcard bootable, with clockworkmod, i can't boot clockworkmod with sdcard. But when i remove sdcard, i get back to stock recovery (normal). Into adb shell, i can see mmcblk0 (nand) and mmcblk1 (sdcard). But mmcblk0 is readyonly !

I try to flash kernel from 0.82 into sdcard, but still booting with nand kernel (so emmc is maybe not damanged ?).

i can't format partition (is there a kernel protection ?)

sanjay.rup

Mar 16, 2011
France
Hello,

Is there somebody, who can upload for me a full backup of emmc ? my partition table is dead !

Just boot into Clockworkmod, then adb shell and this command line :

dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0 of=/sdcard/backup.img

and upload backup.img ? please ? thank you

Trifenix

Mar 8, 2014
www.facebook.com
hi all,
I would change the ROM of my tablet , but I can not find anything on the internet , having a galaxy s5 'm used to flash a recovery directly with Odin and then proceed to change the Roma .
someone who can help me by explaining how to proceed with our beloved memo pad ? many thanks in advance
Fausto

jopontes1

Mar 10, 2016
custom rom

Hello guys! Sry. i coudn't read all the pages but did someone published a custom rom for this asus?
thank you

jopontes1

Mar 10, 2016
That's so bad! I think it's a very good tablet too and that android 4.2 make the tablet too slow even when it came from factory. I just want to use my mi band and my phone is broken --' and for that i need at least android 4.3 xD

mirafelda

Mar 13, 2016
Hi, me102a is bridge, i can open recovery mode and fastboot mode. I try update from sd card Rom from ASUS page 3_11_0_100(instalation aborted) and 3.9.0.82 assert stopped my. I Try del assert from "updater-script" but again "instalation aborted". I can in fastboot mode install ADB driver but command "adb devices" say "List of devices attached" . Can my pleas sambody help? Thanks a lot. Sorry for my English.

tj13

Jul 26, 2010
MA
Later versions are slower. My Nexus 7 slower with every update. It was almost unusable on LP.

xnd1985

Aug 16, 2016
Sorry for my english, what is the latest android for Asus me102a (K00F) ?

Last edited:

Noisemaker00

Apr 9, 2013
Hi guys,
my ME102A stuck on boot. It stop on ASUS loading screen and I can do anything.
Warranty is over, so I want to try to re-flash stock firmware or a custom firmware.
I read some tutorial on internet, but without success.
For example, when I type
Code:
adb reboot bootloader
it says "no device/emulator found".
I pressed PWR + VOL_DOWN and Windows see the device attached through USB as K00F.

Can someone help me? :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I successfully boot AOSP 4.2.2 on ME102A.
    Download:
    AOSP4.2.2-ME102A - V3.2.1:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-Fin8UxrD6PRkVwZHFIS1ZaNlU/view
    Sensors fix:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-Fin8UxrD6PT01veGdYTXhDejg/view
    What works:
    touchscreen, LCD, audio, media and sensors
    What DOES NOT work:
    camera, memory mount, Wi-Fi/BT and GPS
    How to update rooted ASUS MeMOPad 10 tablet.

1. Requies rooted tablet.
    2. Download the system update, after download don´t tap the install button.
    3. Install OTA Snatcher, and snatch the OTA file into the SD card or find the dlpkgfile in android root/cache folder.
    4. Copy this file to the external SD card.
    5. Rename the file to the update.zip.
    6. In the update notification tap cancel.
    7.Power off the tablet.
    8. BOOT INTO RECOVERY MODE!
    8.1. Hold down the power on, and volume up (+) button.
    8.2. You see dead android and no command text.
    8.3. Fast and randomly pressed the volume up and power on button.
    8.4. In the recovery go to Apply update from external storage.
    8.5. Wait for the update is completed.
    8.6 Reboot the device with reboot device now button.
    9. Enjoy :)
    (The Update remove root. Root with VRoot.)

Last update file (25,69MB): https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/106883267/update.zip

See this video, how to turn on the recovery mode and update: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6ynJJPzg90
    See this video, how to root with VRoot: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFYobO6YSsg

Recovery
    P1090561.JPG
    Hi everyone... Is someone able to build a cm or something else like omni, pac or paranoid for this device: Asus MeMo Pad 10.1 [Me 102a] with 1.6 GHz quadcore [rk101]

Thanks for your help and replies...
    Thats the Problem... There is no topic about this pad ... and not listed in cyanogen(get cm) :( only memo pad from asus that is listed , is the 10 FHD with dualcore.... But it has different Hardware:(
    Have you tried "package_extract_file("boot.img", "boot");" ? ( boot without slash / )

Note that "write_raw_image" don't work with cwm.

EDIT:

You can use RKAndroidtool to flash your part, with the good parameter.
    It work fine for me:
    I've configuring offset
    Here: https://mega.co.nz/#!HF8UWSxC!Q-rsSTtiduPzxLOpx7oaFk2gxjib91IQACj0PQMov98

Beware ! use it with precaution !!.

package_extract_file("boot.img", "/dev/block/mtd/by-name/boot");

this is the right line to write the file boot.img

I tried to overclock cpu 1800 gpu 798 ddr 667 but will not start. I can now make as many tests and I want to restore the original boot without problems.
    always a big thanks to _FUN for recovery. Without him I could not make any modifications to this tablet.