• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][ResurrectionRemix 8.6.x][RAV*/SOFIA*][UNOFFICIAL][NO GAPPS]

Search This thread

Slipknot8Wwe

Sep 28, 2015
Moto G Power (2021)
I searched this one for you.

hey thanks dude I seen that a while back. When you download it it doesn't even download it correctly and I don't believe it would work anyways due to the fact that everybody on that thread couldn't get it to work LMFAO on the Moto g stylus with the stock vibration intensity you're either at about 5% or 100% 5% is the one through 99% LOL drives me nuts like I want my keyboard and things like that to vibrate just a little bit harder and this phone would be 100% perfect I know it's doable with a kernel

Reactions: ShadowWeasel
hey thanks dude I seen that a while back. When you download it it doesn't even download it correctly and I don't believe it would work anyways due to the fact that everybody on that thread couldn't get it to work LMFAO on the Moto g stylus with the stock vibration intensity you're either at about 5% or 100% 5% is the one through 99% LOL drives me nuts like I want my keyboard and things like that to vibrate just a little bit harder and this phone would be 100% perfect I know it's doable with a kernel
Hmmm....
How about one of these.....
Kernel toolkit, kernel tuner, franco kernel manager
All are free, but with ads on the play store. There's other places, but I'm not going to mention them since they're classified as warez.

Slipknot8Wwe

Sep 28, 2015
Moto G Power (2021)
Hmmm....
How about one of these.....
Kernel toolkit, kernel tuner, franco kernel manager
All are free, but with ads on the play store. There's other places, but I'm not going to mention them since they're classified as warez.
So those are all apps that'll allow you to adjust it. However the kernel has to support it which this one does not.

tendiez01

Jan 11, 2020
Dude, @Beetle84 !! The only reason I got this damned phone was so that I could build an RR for it and you ninjad me!!

No, I'm just kidding. I only have a dual core Pentium with 6 gigs ram atm and would lose my mind tryin to build with it. I friggin love this phone but I was kinda disappointed with the ROMs. Hell, I was about to go back to stock when I saw this, my favorite. And I haven't noticed a bug nor had an unexpected reboot in the 4 or so days since I've been running it and my favorite screen recorder app is working just fine in it as well. It is now the best, and most stable ROM we've got, and ROMs don't get better than RR, IMHO....Check out my homescreen with the only wallpaper I've used since booting my 1st RR like 5 years ago....its from the RR 5.1.1 PitchBlack Theme. Yeah I know. I need an icon pack....I'm on it.....Thanks for my favorite ROM on my favorite phone, Sir. It's outatanding!

View attachment 5162969
What's the screen recorder app 🤔

Reactions: Beetle84
@Beetle84 I think I found the program that crashed RR on my device. It's Game Guardian, on two reasons.
1. On stock rom, when using the app, it would reboot my device but not load up completely in which I had to turn the phone off, wait a few minutes and turn back on.
2. Game Guardian runs and device doesn't reboot automatically. However, when manually rebooting device, it fails to load up. Attempted to do same method as #1, where I attempted to power off and then on, but fails to load.
I wonder if it's somewhere between the boot.img, the kernel, or if it's the apk incompatible with Android 10.
My mind isn't what it used to be some 20+ years ago.

johnjingle

Jun 25, 2010
Any suggestions with touchscreen issues?

In both RR and crDroid, after initial boot I can't begin setup because touching the button to start setup doesn't do anything.

No problems in TWRP or stock.

arkansawdave74

Nov 1, 2014
San Antonio, TX
I hate to give a bug report on this sweet ass ROM, But I think I found a fixable one, not that I actually know how to fix it....Being that I only get 15 gigs of hotspot with Metro, and being that I got a badass new laptop, I was trying ways to use my phone's data on the laptop....One way was with a linux program called scrcpy, and I also tried the guiscrcpy gui to go with it. I've been running RR for like 2 months and it really is very solid, but when a remote cast program tries to take over, I think this RR crashes. I had too many mods to call it on just my phone though.If anyone else can try scrcpy and see if their's crashes too it would be cool....and maybe it's a scrcpy bug...I can't tell yet...all I knoow is I'm back on stock and scrcpy-ing youtube and kodi onto my laptop screen to save hotspot and, with a decent 3.0 cord or a type-c to type-c cable it's actually a pretty good idea.

Hey @Beetle84, my poor little Pentium dual core laptop got stolen, so I bought a different one. Do you think this one could build android if I put a 16gig stick of ram to help out the 8gig stick?

[[email protected] ~]$ sudo inxi -Fxxxmz
[sudo] password for arkansawdave:
System: Kernel: 5.9.16-1-MANJARO x86_64 bits: 64 compiler: gcc v: 10.2.1 Desktop: Xfce 4.16.0 tk: Gtk 3.24.24
info: xfce4-panel wm: xfwm4 dm: LightDM 1.30.0 Distro: Manjaro Linux
Machine: Type: Laptop System: Micro-Star product: GP62 6QE v: REV:1.0 serial: <filter> Chassis: type: 10 serial: N/A
Mobo: Micro-Star model: MS-16J5 v: REV:0.A serial: <filter> UEFI: American Megatrends v: E16J5IMS.11D
Memory: RAM: total: 7.54 GiB used: 3.83 GiB (50.8%)
Array-1: capacity: 32 GiB slots: 2 EC: None max module size: 16 GiB note: est.
Device-1: ChannelA-DIMM0 size: 8 GiB speed: 2133 MT/s type: DDR4 detail: synchronous bus width: 64 bits
total: 64 bits manufacturer: Samsung part-no: M471A1K43BB0-CPB serial: <filter>
Device-2: ChannelB-DIMM0 size: No Module Installed
CPU: Info: Quad Core model: Intel Core i7-6700HQ bits: 64 type: MT MCP arch: Skylake-S rev: 3 L1 cache: 256 KiB
Speed: 900 MHz min/max: 800/3500 MHz volts: 1.0 V ext-clock: 100 MHz Core speeds (MHz): 1: 900 2: 900 3: 900 4: 900
5: 900 6: 900 7: 900 8: 900
Graphics: Device-1: Intel HD Graphics 530 vendor: Micro-Star MSI driver: i915 v: Device-2: NVIDIA GM107M [GeForce GTX 950M] vendor: Micro-Star MSI driver: nvidia v: 460.32.03 bus ID: 01:00.0
Display: server: X.Org 1.20.10 driver: loaded: modesetting unloaded: nvidia resolution: 1920x1080 s-dpi: 96
Drives: Local Storage: total: 931.51 GiB used: 257.4 GiB (27.6%)
ID-1: /dev/sda vendor: HGST (Hitachi) model: HTS721010A9E630 size: 931.51 GiB speed: 6.0 Gb/s serial: <filter>
Swap: ID-1: swap-1 type: partition size: 16 GiB used: 0 KiB (0.0%) priority: -2 dev: /dev/sda10

It's been a long time since I had a laptop that could build Android, and I've never had anything that could build half as fast as what this machine probably could...
I would definitely need to find more than my 15gigs of hotspot though...How big is the RR Q repos? At least 50gigs... probably 65 or 70...I'd guess...
Screenshot_2021-01-26_01-58-54.png

Last edited:

bubbyj

Dec 31, 2015
System: Kernel: 5.9.16-1-MANJARO x86_64 bits: 64 compiler: gcc v: 10.2.1 Desktop: Xfce 4.16.0 tk: Gtk 3.24.24
Machine: Type: Laptop System: Micro-Star product: GP62 6QE v: REV:1.0 serial: <filter> Chassis: type: 10 serial: N/A
Mobo: Micro-Star model: MS-16J5 v: REV:0.A serial: <filter> UEFI: American Megatrends v: E16J5IMS.11D
Device-1: ChannelA-DIMM0 size: 8 GiB speed: 2133 MT/s type: DDR4 detail: synchronous bus width: 64 bits
CPU: Info: Quad Core model: Intel Core i7-6700HQ bits: 64 type: MT MCP arch: Skylake-S rev: 3 L1 cache: 256 KiB
Speed: 900 MHz min/max: 800/3500 MHz volts: 1.0 V ext-clock: 100 MHz Core speeds (MHz): 1: 900 2: 900 3: 900 4: 900
Graphics: Device-1: Intel HD Graphics 530 vendor: Micro-Star MSI driver: i915 v: Device-2: NVIDIA GM107M [GeForce GTX 950M] vendor: Micro-Star MSI driver: nvidia v: 460.32.03 bus ID: 01:00.0
Display: server: X.Org 1.20.10 driver: loaded: modesetting unloaded: nvidia resolution: 1920x1080 s-dpi: 96
ID-1: /dev/sda vendor: HGST (Hitachi) model: HTS721010A9E630 size: 931.51 GiB speed: 6.0 Gb/s serial: <filter>
Swap: ID-1: swap-1 type: partition size: 16 GiB used: 0 KiB (0.0%) priority: -2 dev: /dev/sda10

It's been a long time since I had a laptop that could build Android, and I've never had anything that could build half as fast as what this machine probably could...
I would definitely need to find more than my 15gigs of hotspot though...How big is the RR Q repos? At least 50gigs... probably 65 or 70...I'd guess...

You can def build a rom with that setup.

Can I make 1 or 2 suggestions? Ditch that old 45rpm turntable record player lol (the hard drive).

If you can afford it, pick up a cheap SSD. They are literally dirt cheap these days -- 250gb for about $25. Or you can go with a much faster Samsung EVO for about $40-50.

This will change the entire equation with that computer. With read/write times that are 6-10 times faster, it'll really make this computer come alive. To put it into perspective, I'm still using an AMD A8-6410 with 4gb of ram as my daily driver. I ditched the 500mb HHD and replaced it with a Patriot 240gb SSD.... boots up in about 12 seconds. Useable in about 15 seconds. And instantly opens 90% of the products I use with zero lag. One game that I use had a load time of 2 minutes and 20 seconds with the turntable, and now has a load time of ~20 seconds.

But the rest of the build that you have will do well with your ROM building. Especially the 24gb of ram. However, another recommendation -- and others might have more insight than I do on this -- but its my understanding that when you mix ram (size, speed, voltage, latency), you wont be able to take advantage of something like Dual Channel bandwidth. So, instead of buying a single 16gb stick to mix with the 8gb (where you're gonna have a hard time finding latency, freq, etc to match it), you should probably buy a 16gb 2x8gb set up and just replace the older 8gb stick. With this, you can find G.Skill 16gb @ 3200mhz, 2x8gb sticks for about $70. But just to be clear, adding an 8gb or 16gb stick will definitely improve your build. But doing the above will take it much further.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Apologies everyone, 8.6.6 available in the downloads link (its been there a while :oops: ). Gapps and no Gapps build.
    January security patch. Enjoy.

You can def build a rom with that setup.

Can I make 1 or 2 suggestions? Ditch that old 45rpm turntable record player lol (the hard drive).

If you can afford it, pick up a cheap SSD. They are literally dirt cheap these days -- 250gb for about $25. Or you can go with a much faster Samsung EVO for about $40-50.

This will change the entire equation with that computer. With read/write times that are 6-10 times faster, it'll really make this computer come alive. To put it into perspective, I'm still using an AMD A8-6410 with 4gb of ram as my daily driver. I ditched the 500mb HHD and replaced it with a Patriot 240gb SSD.... boots up in about 12 seconds. Useable in about 15 seconds. And instantly opens 90% of the products I use with zero lag. One game that I use had a load time of 2 minutes and 20 seconds with the turntable, and now has a load time of ~20 seconds.

But the rest of the build that you have will do well with your ROM building. Especially the 24gb of ram. However, another recommendation -- and others might have more insight than I do on this -- but its my understanding that when you mix ram (size, speed, voltage, latency), you wont be able to take advantage of something like Dual Channel bandwidth. So, instead of buying a single 16gb stick to mix with the 8gb (where you're gonna have a hard time finding latency, freq, etc to match it), you should probably buy a 16gb 2x8gb set up and just replace the older 8gb stick. With this, you can find G.Skill 16gb @ 3200mhz, 2x8gb sticks for about $70. But just to be clear, adding an 8gb or 16gb stick will definitely improve your build. But doing the above will take it much further.
    rrlogo.png

Resurrection Remix Q

Code:
    [SIZE="4"]/*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */[/SIZE]

rrabout.png

Resurrection Remix the ROM has been based on LineageOS, SlimRoms, Omni and original Remix ROM builds, this creates an awesome

combination of performance, customization, power and the most new features, brought directly to your Device.

Many things that in previous versions were tweaked with mods, are now included by default in the ROM so, please enjoy!

Special thanks to the LineageOS team, Omni team, SlimRoms and of course to all the supporters.

rrinstall.png

Install the stock recovery.img if you have previously installed twrp.

1. Extract the zip to your adb/fastboot directory, reboot to bootloader and open a CMD window.
    2. Reboot your device into fastbootd mode.

Code:
    fastboot reboot fastboot

3. Flash boot, system, product, and vbmeta images.

Code:
    [/B][/CENTER]
    [B][CENTER]fastboot flash boot boot.img
    fastboot flash system system.img
    fastboot flash product product.img
    fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img

4. Wipe userdata.

Code:
    fastboot -w

5. Reboot, Profit.
    (OPTIONAL)
    6. If you want to install TWRP/gapps/magisk, do so after you continue through the installation steps to the home screen.

If you have the Moto G8/G Fast and your display cutout is not right, enable the overlay via ADB:

Code:
    adb shell cmd overlay enable org.omnirom.overlay.moto.rav

rrdownload.png

ROM Download
    GApps

rrsource.png

Resurrection Remix Source
    Device Source
    Kernel Source
    Vendor Source

rrthanks.png

XDA Developers
    LineageOs Team
    AICP
    Crdroid
    AOSIP
    DU
    Xtended
    Evolution X
    Bliss
    Omni Team
    And Of Course To All The Supporters, Donators And Users
    Join our Telegram channel : https://t.me/resurrectionremixchat

rrbugs.png

1. Starting screen casting/mirroring causes a reboot.

2. The in-built screen recorder also causes a reboot when started.

Dodgy Screen Recorder Fix :laugh:: Download and install the attached apk below, change the quick setting tile to the new one at the bottom of the list, and you should be able to record. (Its the screen recorder app from BlissRom, nothing malicious ;) )

3. Let me know :good:

If you have a major bug to report that has not been reported already, please take the following steps to report it to us. It will save you, Team Resurrection Remix and me quite some time.

Download the MatLog app from the Play Store.
    After downloading the MatLog app, go to the app settings, and change the log level to Debug.
    Clear all previous logs and take the exact steps to produce the error you are receiving. As soon as you receive the error (probably a force close), go straight into MatLog and stop the log recording.
    Copy and paste the entire log either to Hastebin or Pastebin
    Save the log, and copy and paste the link into the thread with a brief description of the error.

rrsocial.png

For sure there will be, when.... I don't know
    Havoc on the other hand.. ;)

Screenshot_20210203-094318_Settings.png
    I want to say thanks for this Rom. I've been using it a couple days now and am rooted with a minimal, degoogled, look to it. I'm using MicroG and Fdroid to get around along with Vpn services. Its nice to be a little more secure than what was. I too found that some minor issues of mirroring and phone sometimes does not pop up when called but i'm pretty happy with your overall approach to this Rom. I appreciate that you separated Gapps from the Vanilla approach. Was wondering, however, the date and time and everyday message on my main screen i have no idea on how to remove that and find it a little irksome. doesn't seem to be a way to do it in the settings area. built into the Rom? Edited: Duh! I forgot about the trebuchet launcher itself. Anyway, thanks again Beatle24 for your work.