• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][RETIRED] EC10 Mesmerize Pick-n-Pack 0.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

phidelt82

Retired Recognized Developer
Aug 30, 2008
OK, so everybody has been waiting for this (not so patiently for some of you), so here it is. PnP for EC10.

***Per ChromeWolf's description

What is "Pick-n-Pack"?

Basically: EC10 build of the Mesmerize-specific ROM USCC released with all the Samsung and USCC-specific apps removed.

You then download the Pick'n'Pack ZIP, and add back in any of the apps you actually wanted on there, if any. Which is AWESOME by the way.

***Thanks to ChromWolf for that. I sometimes forget that not everyone is familiar with PnP and just because I've been here since the beginning of time i should still take the time to explain things for new people.

You (hopefully) know the drill. If you have voodoo, disable lagfix (yes you can re-enable after). Flash in recovery.

Unzip the Addons pack. The zips inside are flashable. (I don't know how many times I've had to answer that question.)

EC10 PnP v0.5
EC10 PnP v0.3
EC10 Addons Pack

### Some people are still having install issues with v0.5, so I'm putting v0.3 back up for now also. If you have an issue with installing v0.5 and get FC's, install v0.3 and reboot. Then boot back into recovery and install v0.5 and everything will work correctly. Also, don't bother with backups of v0.5 as they will just end up causing FC hell if you restore to them.###

**v0.5
Added some more pretty stuff. Fixed some issues for those that were having problems with flashing v0.4.

**v0.4
Added accurate battery mod.

**v0.3
Puzzle Lock now in the ROM. - Thanks Baked_Tator

If you've already flashed the v0.1 or 0.2 and you want the puzzle lock, flash this update.

**v02
Power Options now in the ROM.

If you've already flashed v0.1 and you want the power options, flash this update.

Next on the list:
Still working on lock options.
Working on adding some of the options into the Settings.apk

Last edited:

bigmike88

Feb 10, 2011
Denver
awesome stuff phi...youz the man. Thanks for all ur work!
Edit;, addons say eb16 is this an issue or insignificant?

Edit; yeah I don't think it matters, these are the addons I prefer anyways.
Sent from my SCH-I500

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2011
Oregon
I have a question....... Once I flash EC10, custom ROM, EA11 Voodoo, EC10 PnP, do I keep all the other EB16 items on the sd card? Or should I thin out the herd?

phidelt82

Aug 30, 2008
Addons will show as EB16. They are exactly the same, so megaupload saw it as another copy. It's not a problem since nothing has changed for the apps.

Sent from my SCH-I500

davidbruington

Dec 1, 2010
Glade Hill, VA
So, does this PnP rom have the standard TW launcher or the AOSP launcher from the main EC10 release? Or does it have both, where you get to choose once it boots?

I REALLY like the AOSP launcher, so this is kind of a deciding factor for me :D

As always, thanks again for everything you do for us!

phidelt82

Aug 30, 2008
So, does this PnP rom have the standard TW launcher or the AOSP launcher from the main EC10 release? Or does it have both, where you get to choose once it boots?

I REALLY like the AOSP launcher, so this is kind of a deciding factor for me :D

As always, thanks again for everything you do for us!

PnP, as always, is a stock ROM.

*** Here is the AOSP Launcher

Sent from my SCH-I500

Last edited:

bigmike88

Feb 10, 2011
Denver
went ahead and flashed the eb16 puzzle lock mod, it works...for anyone who wants it....and this rom on this build flippin rocks, everything is flowing nicely with no bugs. And i must say, it's ALMOST better off with out lagfix enabled at times :)

Edit: v.1-power option menu doesn't work with puzzle lock tho...lol thanks for the heads up cythrawl

Update: v.2 with power options lets puzzle lock work no problems

Last edited:

Cythrawl

Oct 19, 2010
went ahead and flashed the eb16 puzzle lock mod, it works...for anyone who wants it....and this rom on this build flippin rocks, everything is flowing nicely with no bugs. And i must say, it's ALMOST better off with out lagfix enabled at times :)

You sure about that...???

Yes the Puzzle lock works, but try pressing your power button on the side....

nickrl

Sep 27, 2010
HELL YA! For what we have available, this is the bee's knees! Smoooothest and fastest by far. Can hardly wait for source to get dropped so we can get some overclocked love. Phidelt, Im sure ya never get tired of hearing it... Thanks for the early love on the updates! You more than "da man."

Cythrawl

Oct 19, 2010
Reboot, you'll be fine.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App

Nope its not... Tried reboot, Wipe Dalvik, it will still error out and bzz bzz bbzz!! :)

I had the good sense to do a nandroid before applying the puzzle lock...

If you didnt, you just re-apply the PNP and the addons and it will be back to glass, but working..

Load From Scrarch

I would like to load this from scratch/fresh. Is this the order?

1 Odin EC10 w/ root & recovery
2 Factory reset
3 EC10 Custom rom
4 EC10 pnp v2
5 Add ons

When should I flash 'touch of color' without messing up the puzzle unlock?
Can I do it before the pnp?

Is the custom mod needed before the PnP?

Thanx for all your work! you're awesome!

Last edited:

BakedTator

Jan 8, 2011
ty for the reboot .zip homie....i puzzle modded it in case you (or anyone else) wants it...post link in new thread

btw i use the stuff from EC10 just in case it would cause any issues using stuff from EB16

EDIT : did you put the puzzle in already?

Mar 9, 2011
Oregon
Gotta love all the hard work you have done. Thank you!

Just to make sure.......

EC10 Addons are the same as the previously installed EB16 Addons? So no need to re-flash the same package?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    OK, so everybody has been waiting for this (not so patiently for some of you), so here it is. PnP for EC10.

***Per ChromeWolf's description

What is "Pick-n-Pack"?

Basically: EC10 build of the Mesmerize-specific ROM USCC released with all the Samsung and USCC-specific apps removed.

You then download the Pick'n'Pack ZIP, and add back in any of the apps you actually wanted on there, if any. Which is AWESOME by the way.

***Thanks to ChromWolf for that. I sometimes forget that not everyone is familiar with PnP and just because I've been here since the beginning of time i should still take the time to explain things for new people.

You (hopefully) know the drill. If you have voodoo, disable lagfix (yes you can re-enable after). Flash in recovery.

Unzip the Addons pack. The zips inside are flashable. (I don't know how many times I've had to answer that question.)

EC10 PnP v0.5
    EC10 PnP v0.3
    EC10 Addons Pack

### Some people are still having install issues with v0.5, so I'm putting v0.3 back up for now also. If you have an issue with installing v0.5 and get FC's, install v0.3 and reboot. Then boot back into recovery and install v0.5 and everything will work correctly. Also, don't bother with backups of v0.5 as they will just end up causing FC hell if you restore to them.###

**v0.5
    Added some more pretty stuff. Fixed some issues for those that were having problems with flashing v0.4.

**v0.4
    Added accurate battery mod.

**v0.3
    Puzzle Lock now in the ROM. - Thanks Baked_Tator

If you've already flashed the v0.1 or 0.2 and you want the puzzle lock, flash this update.

**v02
    Power Options now in the ROM.

If you've already flashed v0.1 and you want the power options, flash this update.

Next on the list:
    Still working on lock options.
    Working on adding some of the options into the Settings.apk
    Updated to v0.5, which should fix the issues for those that were having flashing problems. Also added some new pretty stuff.
    Updated to v0.4 which includes accurate battery mod.

Working on getting some of the mods added as Settings options.
    You are the man indeed.... Thanks... :)
    Power options added. Updated to v0.2