[ROM][RETIRED] EC10 Mesmerize Pick-n-Pack 0.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

phidelt82

Retired Recognized Developer
Aug 30, 2008
Updated to v0.3 to include puzzle lock. Next, working on putting 5 lock screen choices in place. This will not be an update that will be soon. Sorry for the shotgun updates, but wanted to get stuff out asap.

zhawks

Dec 2, 2009
Cedar Rapids
I would like to load this from scratch/fresh. Is this the order?

1 Odin EC10 w/ root & recovery
2 Factory reset
3 EC10 Custom rom
4 EC10 pnp v2
5 Add ons

When should I flash 'touch of color' without messing up the puzzle unlock?
Can I do it before the pnp?

Thanx for all your work! you're awesome!

I haven't flashed a pnp yet, but I did flash EA11 Voodoo before I did Custom Rom.

Mesmerizeuser

Dec 16, 2010
HELL YA! For what we have available, this is the bee's knees! Smoooothest and fastest by far. Can hardly wait for source to get dropped so we can get some overclocked love. Phidelt, Im sure ya never get tired of hearing it... Thanks for the early love on the updates! You more than "da man."

Overclocking is cool, but I am looking forward to the undervolting.

Thanks again to everyone who is working to bring out everything these phones have to offer!

Sent from my voodoo froyo Mesmerize

Iguana775

Jun 22, 2008
Lincoln, NE
I tried downloading v0.3 twice now and both times it stops at 24.8 MB. Tried it in Chrome and in Firefox. I downloaded the EC10 Odin just fine a in between tries.

droidzach

Dec 23, 2010
Monroe, WI
I tried downloading v0.3 twice now and both times it stops at 24.8 MB. Tried it in Chrome and in Firefox. I downloaded the EC10 Odin just fine a in between tries.

I'm having the same issue. Gets to about 4% on phone (Dolphin HD) and my computer (Firefox) and then download fails...not trying to whine just giving a heads up! Might just be the website.... Thanks for putting this together so fast phidelt!!

Edit...at 22% and going strong hope it finishes this time! come on megaupload!
Edit...got it downloaded and installed no prob

Last edited:
Reactions: puk3n

phidelt82

Aug 30, 2008

I'm having the same issue. Gets to about 4% on phone (Dolphin HD) and my computer (Firefox) and then download fails...not trying to whine just giving a heads up! Might just be the website.... Thanks for putting this together so fast phidelt!!

Just downloaded it and all seems fine here. Not sure what the problem is. Could have been a megaupload thing, I guess.

Omnibot

I know that it is, some were experiancing issues if they didn't do it this way so I choose to do it and had no problems what-so-ever.

I had to do it because after the EC10 odin w/ root I would boot into recovery it would come up blue. I would apply update.zip, and it would go red but it wouldn't apply files from the zip. Doing this solved that so if you see it that's why I had to do that...

Whitesoxfan1

Mar 1, 2011
Illinois
Same here. I have tried several times and it keeps getting stuck around 4%. It definitely is the megaupload site. I will try again tomorrow and see what happens.

I am currently running EB16 and my battery is awesome and I'm kinda Leary to upgrade to EC10. I usually have a Quad score of around 1450 or better (1530 best) so I don't know if I would gain much going to this new EC10. Any feedback would be much appreciated.

EB16 Froyo (rooted w/Superoneclick)
CWM
EA11 VooDoo
EB16 add-ons (some)
No-Clock
Puzzle Lock
Midnight Steel Blue Theme (pdiddy swype)

I want to thank phidelt82 and everyone else who has contributed to this project and look forward to seeing whats in the future!!

cpfeifer

Dec 9, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4
I am currently running EB16 and my battery is awesome and I'm kinda Leary to upgrade to EC10. I usually have a Quad score of around 1450 or better (1530 best) so I don't know if I would gain much going to this new EC10. Any feedback would be much appreciated.

There's no down-side to upgrading.. I mean not only is it the official release meaning that any source releases will be built 100% off of this build. Also, everything works great including the old mods such as your no clock, puzzle lock, themes, etc. Although I hope we get those mods built off of this build in the end. As far as battery life, I unplugged my phone 14 hours ago, and I use it often alot of using XDA's app which is downloading and I don't get great service meaning more battery yet I just went under 50% I am at 48% right now.. so I saw a dramatic increase.

ACLakey

Mar 18, 2011
K. Falls, OR
I originally updated to EC10 and liked the improved calendar but my email program was not working. I was directed to this thread and ran the PnP, the email and calendar are working again but they are the older version I saw on EB16. Anybody have the calendar from EC10 working with an email program that I could use? The one I saw on EC10 was much cleaner and easier to read.

phidelt82

Aug 30, 2008
I originally updated to EC10 and liked the improved calendar but my email program was not working. I was directed to this thread and ran the PnP, the email and calendar are working again but they are the older version I saw on EB16. Anybody have the calendar from EC10 working with an email program that I could use? The one I saw on EC10 was much cleaner and easier to read.

The calendar that is in EC10 is the only version, not the old one... If you mean the one from my combo ROM, that is an AOSP calendar.

rj_22

May 16, 2008
anyway to get the softkeys to light up like the backlight notification mod? I really liked that when I was voodoo'd and on 2.1.

Great Rom though. Good damn work. I really appreciate it.

jjones1983

Jun 29, 2010
Oklahoma City
I can't get this to flash to save my life. I've got the red CWM, disabled voodoo, flashed the .zip in recovery, and all it does is reboot back in to recovery. Not only that but when I go to restore my nandroid after that, it says MD5 sums don't match. From there I can pull my battery, wipe data/cache and it will let me restore. I've repeated this processes probably 5 times. I'm running stock, rooted and voodoo'ed 2.1. Anyone got any ideas?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA Premium App

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    OK, so everybody has been waiting for this (not so patiently for some of you), so here it is. PnP for EC10.

***Per ChromeWolf's description

What is "Pick-n-Pack"?

Basically: EC10 build of the Mesmerize-specific ROM USCC released with all the Samsung and USCC-specific apps removed.

You then download the Pick'n'Pack ZIP, and add back in any of the apps you actually wanted on there, if any. Which is AWESOME by the way.

***Thanks to ChromWolf for that. I sometimes forget that not everyone is familiar with PnP and just because I've been here since the beginning of time i should still take the time to explain things for new people.

You (hopefully) know the drill. If you have voodoo, disable lagfix (yes you can re-enable after). Flash in recovery.

Unzip the Addons pack. The zips inside are flashable. (I don't know how many times I've had to answer that question.)

EC10 PnP v0.5
    EC10 PnP v0.3
    EC10 Addons Pack

### Some people are still having install issues with v0.5, so I'm putting v0.3 back up for now also. If you have an issue with installing v0.5 and get FC's, install v0.3 and reboot. Then boot back into recovery and install v0.5 and everything will work correctly. Also, don't bother with backups of v0.5 as they will just end up causing FC hell if you restore to them.###

**v0.5
    Added some more pretty stuff. Fixed some issues for those that were having problems with flashing v0.4.

**v0.4
    Added accurate battery mod.

**v0.3
    Puzzle Lock now in the ROM. - Thanks Baked_Tator

If you've already flashed the v0.1 or 0.2 and you want the puzzle lock, flash this update.

**v02
    Power Options now in the ROM.

If you've already flashed v0.1 and you want the power options, flash this update.

Next on the list:
    Still working on lock options.
    Working on adding some of the options into the Settings.apk
    Updated to v0.5, which should fix the issues for those that were having flashing problems. Also added some new pretty stuff.
    Updated to v0.4 which includes accurate battery mod.

Working on getting some of the mods added as Settings options.
    You are the man indeed.... Thanks... :)
    Power options added. Updated to v0.2