• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM] RK3188 Tab V88 by Oma rocks !

Search This thread

hightech316

Jan 27, 2011
github.com
Hightech,

Funny you should mention this. I've also been trying to get a CX-919 to work with Oma's ROM (2.x builds). I've PM'd him a couple times about this, but here's where we are at presently:

1. ROM does boot up on CX-919 using RKBatchtool for flashing
2. Orientation is off (by -90 degrees) but can be fixed by changing the build.prop
3. Both WiFi and BT don't work presently.

I've been working with Oma to sort out the antenna issues. Once we get it working, hopefully Oma can release it to everyone.

smithmal

Unfortunately I do not have a rk31 stick. So it is up to you smithmal to test ;)

Oma_RK31_CX-919_Stick_JB_4.2.2_v2.2

- Oma -

Smith, I'll try and help troubleshoot with you on freaktab this weekend. :highfive:

Instead of flashing via RKBatchtool , why not try CWM or the FinlessRomFlashTool that comes with the Finless 1.5 rom ? I do not like the RKBatchtool, Finless is way better. Reminds me of Odin.

I have yet to flash CWM, but there is a generic one for our CX-919 that is suppose to work. Here is the link for the RK3188 generic CWM.

http://androtab.info/clockworkmod/rockchip/rk3188/

I have read that you can flash CWM recovery with FinlessFlashTool. - Check out FinlessFlashTool and it should make sense.

Oma, Thanks a bunch for the CX-919 release.
Hopefully we can get it going :cool: We will be sure and let you know!
I'll make sure and run logcat to post

Last edited:

Oma7144

Jul 20, 2012
Thanks Oma. Do you mean the apps must be specially compiled to appear in that drawer? Is there a way to modify existing apk for this purpose?

The app must be compiled with rk-code to have the multi-window functionallity. When an app have that functionallity it will appear in the top drawer.
I don't think there is a way to simply patch other apps.

- Oma -

Reactions: splotz and spectra9

Oma7144

Jul 20, 2012

Attachments

• cx_919_01.jpg
    cx_919_01.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 178
  • cx_919_03.jpg
    cx_919_03.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 175
  • cx_919_02.jpg
    cx_919_02.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 173
Last edited:

PanGalactic

Oct 31, 2010
I compile the images for my own tabs ... as long as I am satisfied. So they a very stable on that tabs.
On other tabs I don't know ... images rips off here and no or rare feedback. But that's ok.

Because your images just rock users have very little to ***** about which leads to less feedback! :)

TBH I'm surprised more rockchip users are not trying with a range of other models and you were inundated with feedback! I wish I had a 3.0.36+ kernel for my voyager 10.1 wifi as I'd have it on that. I even looked @ an attempt to build a kernel after seeing a config for U30GT in the sources but think it's beyond me @ the moment.

As I stated before I have been unsure posting about M9 here as this was a thread for V88 and didn't want to cause any confusion, but It's good to see other M9 users finally taking the plunge.

The only small issue I have come across on the M9 is when Multi Window is Off when leaving fullscreen app the Multi Window shortcut appears but does nothing, you have to switch MW On then Off to get rid of it.

I look forward to and thank you for your continued development and remember No News is Good News, Images must be working fine! :)

Oma7144

Jul 20, 2012

Oma7144

Jul 20, 2012
ronskie0416 said
I just flashed your rom and looks like everything woks fine except for the CWM which cannot be controlled because U8 has no volume up and down control in the side. more games compatible, increase speed than the stock firmware from pipo. Antutu score is 17k+. multi function windows is awesome. Hoping to fix the CWM soon. Thanks again.

Remark: feedback from arctablet.com

No volume rocker - can one believe that?

No binaries for now to compile a CWM touch.
So best is to use stock recovery: http://crewrktablets.arctablet.com/?wpfb_dl=910
Flash this recovery.img and misc.img. Recovery will then format the user partitions.

- Oma -

Reactions: splotz

PanGalactic

Oct 31, 2010
ronskie0416 said
I just flashed your rom and looks like everything woks fine except for the CWM which cannot be controlled because U8 has no volume up and down control in the side. more games compatible, increase speed than the stock firmware from pipo. Antutu score is 17k+. multi function windows is awesome. Hoping to fix the CWM soon. Thanks again.

Remark: feedback from arctablet.com

No volume rocker - can one believe that?

No binaries for now to compile a CWM touch.
So best is to use stock recovery: http://crewrktablets.arctablet.com/?wpfb_dl=910
Flash this recovery.img and misc.img. Recovery will then format the user partitions.

- Oma -

M9 has no volume rocker either! Can you not use touch screen swipe up n down, power to action. you can swipe left to action aswell I think with fun_s generic.

On my Voyager touch dosn't work @ the mo but that does have vol rocker, I did manage to make touch work on a previous version of fun_s CWM by combining the stock recovery with fun_s CWM when I was experimenting.

Oma7144

Jul 20, 2012
I've tested a lot. No touch and no mouse. Also not with _fun's generic.
I got one working, but with a bug when swiping it jumps two lines.

Can you upload your test one?

- Oma -

PanGalactic

Oct 31, 2010
I've tested a lot. No touch and no mouse. Also not with _fun's generic.
I got one working, but with a bug when swiping it jumps two lines.

Can you upload your test one?

- Oma -

fun_s CWM also experienced same or similar bug until a test version was created for the N90FHDRK which solved the issue
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=40754814&postcount=360

I extracted ramdisk and can confirm this worked fine

Re my voyager experiments this was with fun_s CWM 6.0.28 in feb and I didn't document anything unfortunately, also kernel 3.0.8. I can up my working version for voyager which is combined with kernel if you think it will help, I simply combined CWM ramdisk into stock ramdisk as there were quite a few additional modules in stock. I might have edited init.rc but can't remember.

Edit: This might be helpful with skipping issue
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=40766506&postcount=362

Last edited:
Reactions: Oma7144

mite_jan

Aug 24, 2011
Macedonia
First boot of CM10.1 on Chuwi V88 ;)

- Oma -

does that means we can expect any time soon stable release to download :)
dont mean to rush you or anything , but just saying :)

we will gladly test on Pipo M9

btw so HW decoding on previous CM works only with Bubbleupnp ?
no MXplayer or BSplayer ?
also we dont have volume rockers on the Pipo M9 so softkeys is the only way to increase , decrease volume

Last edited:

Oma7144

Jul 20, 2012
Reactions: splotz

Top Liked Posts