[ROM] Roadrunner OS 10.0.0 T710 [7.0 DSI2] [Updated 29/4/2020]

How is the experience and how close am I to Real Samsung Experience 8.1 on the S8

• U are pretty close to S8+ continue I want more!!

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • This Rom ain't close stop this project right now

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • This Rom is close but it's a hybrid thing

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • This is the best Rom I have tried on the Tab S2

Votes: 4 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

Androbots

Recognized Developer
Dec 8, 2014
sourajitk.github.io

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200429-104436.jpg
    Screenshot_20200429-104436.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 300
Last edited:
Reactions: morfeas-dsl-

chigo58

Jan 8, 2007
Hello all - installed this on my T710 - very smooth clean ROM albeit it Android 7 - will be sticking to this as my daily driver on this device. TY Sir!

Androbots

Recognized Developer
Dec 8, 2014
sourajitk.github.io
You create this ROM based on the stock image? Looks great, but maybe you can make build for t715 to make the modem work? Since this is the last update, why not apply the same scripts to an almost identical tablet.
I'll try shouldn't be that hard.

Is there any plans to create this ROM using a newer build of Android?

How does this compare to Lineage 16?

No. It's not possible for me to port Oreo or Pie to this thing cause it's really old. This ROM is based on the last official update for this thing and its probably going to be the last RoadRunner OS update for the Tab S2. As this rom is based on stock, everything works as it should and slowdowns are a bit more rare than on Lineage although Lineage is sort of more up to date on the security patch side of things. However, after the Hardware Composer was fixed, it's just a choice between AOSP and Samsung Experience.

Whichever one you choose though, you should be happy....

I do plan on getting the Tab S7 and will try to get RROS on it :D

We'll meet again, Tab S2 community.

CJH500

Feb 11, 2020
Hi I have some questions. I recently had to unroot my tab S2 on stock. From some reason even with Magisk Hide I could not play content on Disney + I also am not a fan on the Emojis Samsung used in the past including the ones on here. So can this ROM run Disney + in HD (I'm assuming with Magisk installed as you say it's rooted) and does it come with updated Emojis from the newer and better Experience versions.

racing-ralph

Jun 10, 2020
My T710 had an Update to T710XXU2DRK1 and since then it had a massive battery drain (incalculable), it was simply unusable.

There's simply no other comparable 8" Tablet out there with OLED and 4:3 so I like to use it further. The UI-style is a way better than Lineage, so your ROM would be the best deal for me ;)
It works very fine (after 24h now, hope this lasts) and it seems, it needs very, very low energy compared to the stock-ROM.

I assume, you've changed or removed some features again?

I can't find:
FaceUnlock
Vanced youtube
MTweaks
SystemUI-tuner (even not under the three dots)

or went something wrong?

Cheers from Germany, Ralph

Androbots

Recognized Developer
Dec 8, 2014
sourajitk.github.io
My T710 had an Update to T710XXU2DRK1 and since then it had a massive battery drain (incalculable), it was simply unusable.

There's simply no other comparable 8" Tablet out there with OLED and 4:3 so I like to use it further. The UI-style is a way better than Lineage, so your ROM would be the best deal for me ;)
It works very fine (after 24h now, hope this lasts) and it seems, it needs very, very low energy compared to the stock-ROM.

I assume, you've changed or removed some features again?

I can't find:
FaceUnlock
Vanced youtube
MTweaks
SystemUI-tuner (even not under the three dots)

or went something wrong?

Cheers from Germany, Ralph

Yeah as you can see in the OP thread and a couple of posts back, I announced that this device is way too old to ship any extras. This version has been cut down to the bare minimums so that it runs sorta decently.:good:

benjy105

Apr 28, 2015
Extract to make md5

I'm struggling to remember how I extract the file to the correct image
So when I extract on computer it extracts as recovery.img
How the heck do I pull it so it flashes as md5 or tar whatever through Odin

I've flashes the zip file and that seems to flashes but never actually boots to custom recovery. I am stuck fast here and I used to do this stuff all the time

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    April 2020 Update

6COV04u.png

Here we are with RoadRunner OS a custom ROM made from official DSI2 for T710. It's based off the stock rom and has all the perks u can expect from the Samsung experience .

Features
    FHD 60FPS recording thanks to @Skulldron
    Double Tap to open Camera from S7 thanks to @Skulldron ( however this mod is still under construction and expiremental so proceed with caution however i am sure it won't brick or bootloop your tab)
    Added Vanced Youtube
    Latest Stable Samsung Experience Home Launcher.
    Added N4N Latest Kernel that has all the Spectre and Meltdown flaws patched plus has full GPU Control and CPU control included is MTweaks a brilliant kernel manager.
    Updated all possible System Apps
    Some hacks on the build.prop for better RAM management
    Very Smooth
    S8 Lockscreen with font and facewidgets for extra fun
    Camera app is Smooth AF
    Improved fingerprint scanner speed with some tweaks
    Hi-Fi audio via DAC u should feel a it bit refined now.
    Updated Magisk 16.4 --> 17.1
    Added Face unlock

April Changelog
    Clean flash before flashing this build.
    Massive Rebase to DSI2 (ZTO) comes with Aug 2019 patch.
    Using the new N4N kernel.
    Bloat-free. Things have changed and this thing can't keep up with all the new stuff so I, kept things extremely clean and there are almost no preinstalled apps except the bare minimums.
    Removed all camera mods.
    Added a few build.prop tweaks.

Feb Changelog
    CUSTOM SAMSUNG EXPERIENCE 8.1
    Custom EXTREME DEBLOAT HUGE DELETION (Only Barebones now so RAM usage is awesomely low)
    Updated vanced Youtube.
    Updated kernel to latest 1.3 3/11
    Removed AOD completely caused too much trouble
    ReBased using ClassyKitchen for best debloat, deodex, deknox possible.
    Removed Magisk as of now as 18.0 caused some probs. Flash 17.1 or else it will bootloop.
    It is recommended to clean flash this build so that everything works perfectly and there is no conflict with any system files that ere there before. This ROM has got rid of almost anything that has the Samsung name on it.

DOWNLOADS

Download 29/4/2020
    Kernel Link 17/04/2020 @engine95 U might wanna reflash the kernel if you have Wi-Fi issues.
    TWRP 3.2.3 thx @ripee

Telegram support link : https://t.me/TS2Universe

INSTRUCTIONS

Considering you are coming from stock ROM:
    download TWRP from above
    flash using odin.
    make a full backup by ticking all the boxes in the backup section. copy this backup over to PC.
    download my new rom and copy it to the sdcard.
    now go to the wipe section and wipe /system /data /cache dalvik art cache
    now go to install tab and select my rom . swipe to flash it.
    if u want magisk root flash the zip linked above.
    and do NOT update magisk via the manager at any costs after the ROM boots.
    go home (in TWRP) and press on reboot and system.

Source for the kernel used in these builds: https://github.com/engine95/Exynos-5433-S2-2DRG2

thanks to @Skulldron for his feature list and instructions, @engine95
    You can donate me and support my work Thank you! : paypal.me/Androbotsdev
    Guys I don't know what's wrong but my ISPs upload speed is capped i am trying hard to upload but couldn't I really ask apology from everyone hope update to come by this week
    Btw I got the latest DRG6 April patch rom and compiling it atm so yeah need some time also, my health has worsen 102°F fever so yeah please best with me.
    Updated Magisk 17.3 and up, (18.0, 18.1) compatible kernel is here https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=79164496&postcount=42
    Enjoy :D
    Huge update Samsung Experience 8.1?
    OLD DON'T DOWNLOAD.
    Changelog:
    - made the ZIP flashable (thanx to @Ather)
    - got new battery icon
    - updated the few inbuilt apps
    - AOD is now fully in-built ( use galaxy lights to get the backlight of the buttons back :p)
    - update @engine95 kernel to v1.2
    - optimised a lot of apps
    - RAM management has improved
    - inbuilt magisk 16.6 with app
    - much smoother than stock ROM I can bet that :p
    - also got Mtweaks ( a synapse like modified kernel adiutor)
    - in built Viper and Dolby Atmos.

Flash to find to find more awesome stuff :-3

Link for you guys: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Yo4mfIG7iAX-r-5ieZyh2eJH3fqDJtJO/view?usp=drivesdk
    20th Feb changelog:
    New S10+ wallpapers
    Fixed bugged out face unlock
    new kernel with latest patches.
    baked in latest vanced youtube
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone