ive just installed it. simply installed the zip via CWM and wiped cache and dalvik. install went very smoothly, no hickups at all which is always a great start (in case you were wondering, i was on criskelo before)
i will post back in a bit when i have had the chance to test speed, battery etc
edit: been testing it for abit now so thought i would post back. the first thing i did after the install was to try out the quadrant benchmark. im afraid to sas, it did not go to well :/ i got a score of 2758 which is okay, but i have seen FAR higher on my device i know benchmarks dont tell you everything, but it still gives you a rough idea.
i have to say, i did notice abit of lag (about the same if not abit more as stock) on launcherpro :/
next, batery life. ive been using my phone for the past hour or so, and it is now at 91%. again, this is not that impressive. i got better battery when i was on the stock ics.
next is the ui. i really like the ui of this so far. all the icons look very nice and all the toggles also look very sexy.
not sure what else to say really. overall this rom looks nice, but i have not been that impressed by the performance
feel free to ask me any questions
Edit2: I've been playing around with it habit more and both the performance and the battery has leapt up
Quadrant has now gone up to roughly 3,400 which is a lot better than before. Also my battery is now at 87%. This means its gone down by about 4% in 2 hours. Bearing in mind I have been using my note for most of this time, this is actually quite impressive
thanks for counting on me for testing. I have just finished configuring everything after flashing the new Rocket, I come from Kindroid LPY, and previously from Alba LPY Rom. I have to say that smoothnes is flawless, I had never seen my Note flying like this, when scrolling through screens in desktop or in drawer. opening apps,etc. is awesome. Not even in CM9 the speed of system had been like this. Congrats for make such a good job.
Only bad fact for me is the ultracoloured theme, maybe if it was only the framework it would be fine but also the system apps is to much.
Every thing works fine. also external massive storage. I miss the 15 toggles because I use it a lot.
I have just been testing browser and i have to say that this is the closest xperience to ipad navigation (iOS) I have seen on Android It works just as it should and the phone is not getting any heat while browsing web not even on flashplayer sites.
thanks to the testers that already gave feedback! I will wait for some more responses and, if everything ok, will release today...
Feature list (for now):
• no SMS in CallLog
• lots of tweaks added
• Roletube included
• S Note premium pack included
• ICS AOSP keyboard included
• ICS Samsung keyboard included
• AppWidgetPicker included
• CallRec enabled
• totally themed with kalagas theme
• Transparent Background SamsungWidget_WeatherClock.apk
• Adfree host-file included
• some more optimization for battery life and scrolling performance
If one of the testers wants to upload to a fast mirror, feel free to do and send me DL-Link --> I will provide these in OP of new Rocket ROM thread I will open...
I decided to post my ROM here on xda. I started with it 1,5 weeks ago on my Home-forum www.android-hilfe.de
This ROM is designed for having great performance with outstanding battery life!
I added all Mods and tweaks I supposed to be useful for me personally - so don't complain if you do not like, cause it's mainly made for me
Tweaks and Mods I added are from users here on Note-Forum, others are from devs all across xda. So there are a few I want to give special credits to:
nobnut for all his support, his theme and for being a real friend here on xda!!!
faby71 for Data Toggle, parts of his beautufil theme and his brilliant Call Rec Mod
This is a NO WIPE ROM. So just flash in Recovery wiping Caches before. If you experience any problems or FCs, do a Full Wipe!
Do a Nandroid backup before you flash my ROM!!! Do you have Battery Drain?
If you face any kind of battery drain, this is most probably NOT a ROM-issue!!!
--> here is what you can do:
- REBOOT your device after EVERY FLASH you are doing - and you will NEVER face any unexpected Heat Up or battery drain!
- dont judge the ROM before you did not fully charge your phone after each ROM-Flash for at least 4-6 hours...this is needed to calibrate your battery!!!
- install CPU Spy from market and watch if your device is going in deep sleep mode
- use the App BetterBatteryStats (you'll find here on xda for free!) to find wakelocks and powerdraining apps
General 'Save energy tipps':
- switch to GSM mode to save battery
- deactivate wifi, gps, bluetooth when you not currently use it
- don't use any taskkillers, they are completly useless and might have negative effects on battery
- deactivate Latitude, Facebook, Twitter and any kind of 'auto-updating' widgets, if you do not really need or use them
- deactivate automatic google-sync, if you do not really need it
- dial *#9900# and deactivate 'Fast Dormancy'
- deactivate Auto Login in Google Talk App
- deactivate Update of Samsung Apps in Settings - Applications - Samsung Apps
a) In Bloom_UI v5b for v22 only:
Full Kalagas_Grayscale_Theme_Rocket_LA4 [v1.0 14/02/2012 - compatible with CheckROM v21]. ***All icons (over 3000 icons) from my Mixed Theme converted to Grayscale for those who prefer a more Minimal Theme than a Colorful one. MD5: BA0CC40D2194CD18B4302EE8E3747EB0
Kalagas Grayscale Theme for Rocket ROM v22
Full Kalagas_Grayscale_Theme_Rocket_LA6 [v1.0 14/02/2012 - compatible with CheckROM v22]. ***All icons (over 3000 icons) from my Mixed Theme converted to Grayscale for those who prefer a more Minimal Theme than a Colorful one. MD5: CD6EF471F5EBE301D5543945A1E09130