had to switch back to GB because the test version rebooted permanently after about 20-30 s.
- From Chrack 18 (XXLC1) with CWM (18.104.22.168) and Full Wipe
- Installation and optimizing Apps no problem
- After starting the UI I could use the Note for about 30 seconds without problems (account, market, disabling data etc.). But then it rebooted.
I do not have an explanation but have to talk about my "situation" which might be related to this problem:
- My IMEI is not guilty and I have the typical "004999010640000". This might result from a new mainboard I got from Samsung in Thailand in December 2011 (excellent Samsung service in Udon Thani, Thailand). But it seems they took the old label with my german IMEI and sticked it to the new mainboard. I wrote to Samsung on sunday but have to wait for a reply.
- In GB ROMs I can use different providers like Vodafone, Eplus in Germany or AIS in Thailand. They do not check for a guilty IMEI.
- In 3 tested ICS ROMs (Stock, Kingroid and now Rocket) I couldn't connect to a provider - I even didn't get the chance to unlock my simcard.
- In Asylum ICS I do not have problems with this! I will test the v02 later again.
Can permanent rebooting after a few seconds be a result from a failed IMEI checking in ICS?
What causes the different handlings of sim card/IMEI checks in the ICS versions of Asylum and stock based ones?
Someone else here with a developer IMEI and problems with sim card in ICS ROMs but not in GB?