[ROM][ROOT][CWMv6CTRv3.0-PhilZ/TWRPv2.8][MT6589 - 4GB - KK 4.4.2] BLU Life Play L100

Search This thread

Shafik007

Jan 11, 2017
Walton Primo ZX2

Gionee Elife E7 is re-branded in Bangladesh as Walton Primo ZX by "Walton Bangladesh". It has been released yet, just announced and already hits a record popularity in Bangladesh. Almost the same specs mobilemablive com

matt300

Dec 26, 2006
Charlotte, NC
Hi,

Does anybody know if I can turn on USB Debugging using SP Flash Tools? or perhaps have a custom SPFT ROM that has USB Debugging already enabled? Or is it possible to turn that on using ADB?

I am trying to use a spare Blu Life Play l100a with a shattered screen as a security camera. The screen is useless...no display and it does not recognize touch but I won't need a screen once I get Wardencam installed on it because I'll be able to access it via the network. The phone boots fine because I can hear the boot up sound just like my other Life Play. I was hoping to gain access to control the phone with a program like Vysor or MirrorGo but I need USB Debugging mode on to do that and it is not enabled right now.

I successfully used SP Flash Tools to flash Anatel v15 l100i on the phone, but unfortunately USB debugging is off still. I thought about creating a scatter file with my other Blu Life Play but the USB port on that one is broken, so maybe that's not possible.

Thanks for any ideas...

Last edited:

lopestom

Nov 7, 2012
Archland - Narnia
mewe.com
Hi,

Does anybody know if I can turn on USB Debugging using SP Flash Tools? or perhaps have a custom SPFT ROM that has USB Debugging already enabled? Or is it possible to turn that on using ADB?

I am trying to use a spare Blu Life Play l100a with a shattered screen as a security camera. The screen is useless...no display and it does not recognize touch but I won't need a screen once I get Wardencam installed on it because I'll be able to access it via the network. The phone boots fine because I can hear the boot up sound just like my other Life Play. I was hoping to gain access to control the phone with a program like Vysor or MirrorGo but I need USB Debugging mode on to do that and it is not enabled right now.

I successfully used SP Flash Tools to flash Anatel v15 l100i on the phone, but unfortunately USB debugging is off still. I thought about creating a scatter file with my other Blu Life Play but the USB port on that one is broken, so maybe that's not possible.

Thanks for any ideas...
In fact, SPFT is just a tool and you can even flash the system file from another phone or stock ROM. But it will not go straight into USB Debugging.
I will summarize the solution: without touching and installing the system by SPFT or any file to install by custom recovery will not activate USB Debugging!!
You only have one option: Ask someone to share the user data file where the USB Debugging option is enabled. But it has a problem asking the user's data file, since it has information of the phone and the IMEIs.
Your device has another problem with USB Port?! So you can't install any file with SPFT!! Maybe cannot install Custom recovery too and your ideia for using phone to security camera is very good. But without visor to touch settings or without custom recovery to restore the userdata (data file) so your phone probably is useless... Obviously if your device has Custom recovery is more easy to do the ideia suggested above...
So you can even ask and some user to fulfill your request. But do not expect someone to help you!

matt300

Dec 26, 2006
Charlotte, NC
Thanks lopestom,

That's a great idea but would be a lot to ask from someone, you're right!

I have 2 BLP phones, one has a destroyed screen with good USB that a friend gave me for parts. The other has a bad USB but everything else is working and I hard wired a USB cable to provide power directly to the battery bay contacts (I'm already using that one as an IP camera). I could dissemble that temporarily and borrow the screen I guess but I was thinking I could try this first: accessing the phone via ADB shell using MKTools and enabling USB debugging with this method:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=66731042&postcount=260
Then using http://marian.schedenig.name/2014/07/03/remote-control-your-android-phone-through-adb/ or Vysor to control it. I was able to get into the ADB shell via MKTools (booting blindly into recovery first) after I flashed Anatel v15i on it with SP Flash Tools.

lopestom

Nov 7, 2012
Archland - Narnia
mewe.com
Thanks lopestom,

That's a great idea but would be a lot to ask from someone, you're right!

I have 2 BLP phones, one has a destroyed screen with good USB that a friend gave me for parts. The other has a bad USB but everything else is working and I hard wired a USB cable to provide power directly to the battery bay contacts (I'm already using that one as an IP camera). I could dissemble that temporarily and borrow the screen I guess but I was thinking I could try this first: accessing the phone via ADB shell using MKTools and enabling USB debugging with this method:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=66731042&postcount=260
Then using http://marian.schedenig.name/2014/07/03/remote-control-your-android-phone-through-adb/ or Vysor to control it. I was able to get into the ADB shell via MKTools (booting blindly into recovery first) after I flashed Anatel v15i on it with SP Flash Tools.
Every attempt is valid! Ideas should be tested to see if it will work.
Also, if you could emulate the system on another display device would be interesting. Even have a mouse to touch. But without definitely entering the settings to activate USB DEBUGGING nothing will be as you wish.

I now remembered another situation that I had more practice than removing the Visor-Screen since I have 3 BLP and one of them had the Visor-Screen broken as well. Then read carefully:
I had a problem with the USB port and after that with the display. So the BLP1 would not start until I had another display that would be slow to arrive. I had another BLP2 which had the USB port and good display.
I removed the motherboard from BLP1 and the motherboard from BLP2. So you have the BLP1 housing to put the BLP2 motherboard and make any configuration necessary in settings.
You still have the option to leave the BLP1 motherboard in the BLP2 enclosure but you should leave the system unlocked. You have the option of replacing the BLP2 motherboard in the BLP2 enclosure as long as you have done all the configuration you want.
I will alert you to be careful when removing the connections on the motherboard mainly the cable from the camera. I suggest you watch an interesting video on YT to see how to disassemble the BLP.

?t=2m40s

?t=2m24s

Good luck!

Last edited:

matt300

Dec 26, 2006
Charlotte, NC
Blu Life Play Shattered Screen - Enable USB Debugging over ADB for remote control

Well, I got USB Debugging enabled via ADB on my Blu Life Play with a shattered screen. It is working great as an IP cam now and I am controlling the phone remotely with Teamviewer.

Here's roughly what I did in case it helps anybody:
1. Flashed Anatel V15i using SP Flashtools (Thanks Lopestom! see page 1 of this thread). Getting the USB drivers working is the hardest part of this step by the way. This post had the best information on that for me: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=56678767&postcount=7
2. Downloaded [email protected] and the tool that provides an on screen keyboard to control the phone from this thread: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2786395
3. Started MTK Tools 2.5.3, booted the phone into recovery by holding the power and volume up keys for 4 seconds, activated Super User and Root using the MTK Tools buttons.
4. Opened an ADB Terminal window using the button on MTK Tools and entered the following commands:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=47423916&postcount=5
5. Downloaded Android Studio and SDK Platform Tools because I still couldn't get it working. I don't know if this made a difference or not but I tried steps 3 and 4 again while I had Android Device Monitor running in SDK Tools, rebooted the phone and it worked!
6. Learned to use [email protected] well enough to connect to my WiFi and installed Teamviewer Host. Teamviewer works great to control this phone.
7. Installed WardenCam...awesome security cam app by the way.

I never could get Vysor working although it was trying to connect in the background most of the time during my effort to connect.
The above steps are not a guarantee by the way because I had previously tried entering the code in this post https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=47420810&postcount=4 and in this post https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=66731042&postcount=260 I just kept trying until it worked so I'm not sure which one did the job.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ROM with ALL the files needed to flash with SPFT

Hd theme and wallpaper

I am trying to get the stock splash screen back. If you could help me that would be fantastic.

---------- Post added at 07:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:37 PM ----------

If you had trouble or did something he should not with the system, use these files to try to "revive" your device:

LIFE PLAY_boot.zip (4.9MB) -----------------LIFE PLAY_system.zip (346.6 MB)

In that boot.zip there is the boot.img - I have a green splash screen from the iNfinity rom that won't go away. I have restored my backup I made the moment I got CWM installed, the turkish/crescent green splash screen is still there. I want to return it ALL to stock.

Try this with CWM: Logo BLU Life Play.zip
    I have MIUI ported to BLU Life Play. The ROM is behaving in 95% and still needs tweaking. :)

The sounds are working and have 2.5GB memory ROM. As soon as possible I can and most of the system working, I will upload it for you. :D
    :good: