[ROM] [ROOT] [TWRP] [GUIDE] YT9216B Chinese Android Head Unit

Search This thread

amir._.h._.sa

Feb 20, 2021
then you must have flashed some wrong preloader. If you have a double din radio, you can disassemble it and shortcircuit the two spots to still flash a rom. If you have a single din radio, the radio is hold together with the wires against the outersides, so you can't disassemble the radio.
I do not have a double din radio.That means there is no way software or anything else

mark-1978

Jun 17, 2015
try taking the radio apart, i think it's all stuck together, so not only screws. But you can try. Saw someone who had only the pcb lying on a table, so it's good quality.

amir._.h._.sa

Feb 20, 2021
try taking the radio apart, i think it's all stuck together, so not only screws. But you can try. Saw someone who had only the pcb lying on a table, so it's good quality.
I do not speak English well. I think you said about the complexity of the wires.But I know I installed the wrong Android on the system and I know that the boot is gone.When it is turned off, it is a sign that it can not start the boot!

amir._.h._.sa

Feb 20, 2021
I do not speak English well. I think you said about the complexity of the wires.But I know I installed the wrong Android on the system and I know that the boot is gone.When it is turned off, it is a sign that it can not start the boot!
[/Q
I know that Android is open-handed. And it can be fixed. But I do not know why it is no longer connected to the laptop system

mark-1978

Jun 17, 2015
ok, so you've got a 15 seconds boot. Then since the connection with spflashtool is within 5 seconds, you should still be able to flash it, or only another preloader.
So, you have a powerless radio, you should use the 6p usb connector(i think), so, put the usb cable in the radio, leave it disconnected from the laptop, then start spflashtool, load the scatter file, select 'format and flash' , then press the flash button, then connect the usb to the laptop.
It should start flashing right away.

quixcraiova

Feb 12, 2021
I did it finally . My problem with touchscreen was with black cable . It was plugged not as required and because of that i had issue with touchscreen . Its not logicable thing because other two cables connects otherway. Im attaching pictures . So i`ve flashed my device YT9216B again with help of 4pda forum user sandr2010 , he told me to put otherway the black cable for touchscreen and after that i flashed with one russian rom token from 4pda forum and all its ok . My touchscreen works , my GPS works , my rear camera works. Only one thing i need to do , to connect external microphone , sandr2010 told me i need to unconnect from mainboard integrated mic (shown in white circle in the picture) and to connect the rc cable with 3.5 mm external mic and all will be ok . I give you guys link for the rom i use at this moment and all its ok .... I flashed with dissasembled device with wire method . Im attaching picture with what i have at this moment installed . The device works verry good without any lag.

ROM LINK ---> https://drive.google.com/file/d/127G2vdKLth_RlAS1a0d_Vu-2w7A2YWdi/view?usp=sharing

Attachments

• 1614009981913.jpg
    1614009981913.jpg
    906.9 KB · Views: 114
  • 1614013823423.jpg
    1614013823423.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 123
  • IMG_20210222_185805.jpg
    IMG_20210222_185805.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 120
Last edited:

amir._.h._.sa

Feb 20, 2021
ok, so you've got a 15 seconds boot. Then since the connection with spflashtool is within 5 seconds, you should still be able to flash it, or only another preloader.
So, you have a powerless radio, you should use the 6p usb connector(i think), so, put the usb cable in the radio, leave it disconnected from the laptop, then start spflashtool, load the scatter file, select 'format and flash' , then press the flash button, then connect the usb to the laptop.
It should start flashing right away.
Thanks for your help.I could not flash the device.I went to the repair shop and they said they should change the hard drive because it cannot be connected with a USB cable.

mark-1978

Jun 17, 2015
Thanks for your help.I could not flash the device.I went to the repair shop and they said they should change the hard drive because it cannot be connected with a USB cable.
Just shortcircuit these two spots on the mainboard and connect the usb cable to flash a new rom.

Attachments

• 2spots.jpg
    2spots.jpg
    408.7 KB · Views: 59

lagakappa96

Jun 12, 2013
Poland
I did it finally . My problem with touchscreen was with black cable . It was plugged not as required and because of that i had issue with touchscreen . Its not logicable thing because other two cables connects otherway. Im attaching pictures . So i`ve flashed my device YT9216B again with help of 4pda forum user sandr2010 , he told me to put otherway the black cable for touchscreen and after that i flashed with one russian rom token from 4pda forum and all its ok . My touchscreen works , my GPS works , my rear camera works. Only one thing i need to do , to connect external microphone , sandr2010 told me i need to unconnect from mainboard integrated mic (shown in white circle in the picture) and to connect the rc cable with 3.5 mm external mic and all will be ok . I give you guys link for the rom i use at this moment and all its ok .... I flashed with dissasembled device with wire method . Im attaching picture with what i have at this moment installed . The device works verry good without any lag.

ROM LINK ---> https://drive.google.com/file/d/127G2vdKLth_RlAS1a0d_Vu-2w7A2YWdi/view?usp=sharing
Hi, I requested access to file on google drive, if you could accept it, I'll be very thankful :)
As of now, you're my only hope to restore my HU :D

quixcraiova

Feb 12, 2021
Hi, I requested access to file on google drive, if you could accept it, I'll be very thankful :)
As of now, you're my only hope to restore my HU :D
I did not recieved any requests but there you go new link :
will be avaliable there only 30 days.

Now im searching info why gps sometimes dont wanna work, it shows me curent location if i gave the unit Internet. It locates satelites but not uses anyone... Whyyy?

Attachments

• IMG_20210224_215343.jpg
    IMG_20210224_215343.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 23

mark-1978

Jun 17, 2015

Now im searching info why gps sometimes dont wanna work, it shows me curent location if i gave the unit Internet. It locates satelites but not uses anyone... Whyyy?
you should stick the gps mouse to the front shield window.

quixcraiova

Feb 12, 2021
If you want to pair them the kebidu password shoud be as your device bt password. Example for obd2 elm27 password is 1234, if i dont set my unit password to be 1234 it will never pair.

mark-1978

Jun 17, 2015
If you want to pair them the kebidu password shoud be as your device bt password. Example for obd2 elm27 password is 1234, if i dont set my unit password to be 1234 it will never pair.
seems there's a pairing button on the backside.

*there isn't a button on the back, On the site it says that android go versions aren't compatible with remote through bluetooth.

Last edited:

lagakappa96

Jun 12, 2013
Poland

Eh. I give up. Sadly, this rom isn't working for me. It's the same thing as before, splash screen and then black screen.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So... how to root your device?
    how to flash twrp?

You can use this pre-rooted firmware, with included twrp.
    -Build type is userdebug, means u can enable multi-window mode in dev settings
    -Based on latest available firmware
    -Root
    -Busybox
    -TWRP
    -HIFI enabled
    -UI1 Launcher
    -FM Radio with RDS and save manager.
    -TPMS (working with cheap chineese usb units)
    -DVB-T & SDR (required RTL2832U)
    Its backup of system i already have modified for myself.
    It means, its branded to Ford Mustang all the way.
    U can do this to get rid of that branding:
    -choose another bootlogo.
    -flash new bootanimation.
    -install stock (not modified) UI1 launcher

To get ADB, i recommend this app:
    WiFi ADB - Debug Over Air

Download:
    YT9216B_00002_V004_20191012_HIFI_V3.zip

Factory settings password: 8888

Important note: Android 8.1 Go is just chineese marketing trick, in reality this head unit has android 6.0 (api lvl 23, not 27 as 8.1 should have).
    Instructions

Prepare:
    - download and unzip archive from my first post
    - make/buy USB A male to A male cable (for photos see attachments)
    - install drivers from SP_Driver folder

Backup:
    Just in case make backup (readback in ATC Flash Tool)
    I didnt done it, so if u want, search for guide online

Flashing process:
    - open flash_tool.exe from ATC_Flash_Tool folder
    - select Download-Agent MTK_AllInOne_DA.bin from ATC_Flash_Tool folder
    - select Scatter-loading File AC8227L_Android_scatter.txt from Firmware folder
    - make sure PRELOADER is not checked. (There isnt any in in my fw. Just in case if u use this guide for some another fw)
    - press Download button
    - connect your USB A to A cable one side to PC, another one to your head unit. I recommend u to use that 4 pin usb port (that one with smaller plastic end), but shouldnt matter.
    - press RST button on your head unit (use some pin, paper clip or toothpick)
    -wait until flashing process ends. There should appear green message.
    - press RST button again and let yout headunit boot.
    - perform factory reset on your head unit to prevent any bugs

Flashing process error:
    - happends sometimes
    - disconnect your cable
    - if possible, disconnect your head unit from electricity for a while
    - press download again, connect usb cable back, and press RST button.
    - check if your cable is not faulty.
    - for homemade cable try to apply some solder on cable ends, check if ends arent shorted, use tape on them, or buy original cable
    folowed V4A Rom Inclusion
    So, ViPER4Android included in ROM.
    credits to ViPER520
    ViPER’s Audio Website
    ViPER’s Audio XDA Thread
    Users, use “Compatible Mode” if you plan to install other sound mods. No other sound mods included in ROM.
    I saw it on my unit with this rom! I am just uploading a clean one - stay tuned :p

This one is slightly debloated, stock launcher, Android bootlogo, Android bootanimation

: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Tsfm16klrP4uBk5K8sXBvdqvHyL4df25

---------- Post added at 10:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 AM ----------

Anyone knows which cable adapter I need for TF-SD Card?

20200125_153011_small.jpg