[ROM] [ROOT] [TWRP] [GUIDE] YT9216B Chinese Android Head Unit

Search This thread

lagakappa96

Jun 12, 2013
Poland
that's the possible culprit, cause if you only overwrite newer files, it can bootloop.

Are there more folks with volume button troubles? Cause when i turn the volume up and down, sometimes it will spontanyously skip volume steps. So you suddenly hear the volume much louder, louder then the volume button rotates. It must be some variable resister thing, with the temperature.
@quixcraiova @mark-1978
Yes, I used flash+download.
Even tried flashing other bootloader, "format everything but bootloader" and then download without bootloader. With two points connected and disconnected. Everything gives same effect with splash screen etc.

quixcraiova

Feb 12, 2021
@lagakappa96 I bet everything is because of the preloader. Try the preloader from the rom i gave link or from xy site where username is xyauto and password is 123456. You need to flash using format+download, he must be checked in flashtool. https://easyupload.io/ws80sq

I have a lot of roms at this moment, not everyone of them works. What i do is to copy the all files of rom who works, and after that i copy and overwrite the files of rom who not worked before over the rom who works. Few minutes later i have rom who works. Everytime i work with the same preloader i know it works without problem. If the preloader is f*cked it will show you black blank screen. You can try it when you find rom who works on your device.

Last edited:

dxtr76

Mar 3, 2021
Hi, I have this unit, and have an issue to resolve, everytime I start my car it goes to logo animation that is taking more or less 30-40 seconds.. and the date and time just continue from when i shut down the car... Hope you can help .. Thank you.
20210303.jpg

steeven62300

Jun 30, 2018
Hello after updating, I no longer have the steering wheel controls, do you know how? (besides the can bus is apparently not detecting but I can change the ventilation and the other things)
Thanks

limeyfrog

Mar 20, 2010
Does anyone know how to show the rear parking sensors? I can hear them - just not see them on the overlay of the reverse camera. They should be shown on the image of the car. Ideas?

quixcraiova

Feb 12, 2021
I solved the gps issue. I saw video about gps amplificator and i saw how they put gps antena on the table, after this they put on it andoid device. I followed that logic and did aproximate the same. I glued the antena near the device with 5cm distance between them. Now all works. I think there will be good solution for bad gps signal if we use gps antena amplificator. I've ordered one and will wait to come soon. Cheers.

Attachments

• IMG_20210303_211827.jpg
    IMG_20210303_211827.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 26
Last edited:

lagakappa96

Jun 12, 2013
Poland
@lagakappa96 I bet everything is because of the preloader. Try the preloader from the rom i gave link or from xy site where username is xyauto and password is 123456. You need to flash using format+download, he must be checked in flashtool. https://easyupload.io/ws80sq

I have a lot of roms at this moment, not everyone of them works. What i do is to copy the all files of rom who works, and after that i copy and overwrite the files of rom who not worked before over the rom who works. Few minutes later i have rom who works. Everytime i work with the same preloader i know it works without problem. If the preloader is f*cked it will show you black blank screen. You can try it when you find rom who works on your device.
I tried multiple preloaders - included with roms, downloaded from xygala and from 4pda. Some of them give only black screen, some of them give the splash and black screen effect

dxtr76

Mar 3, 2021
i would update your firmware, copy files from this link to a fat32 formatted usb stick and insert it in your radio.
Hi, so I test the update file.. and it seems it does not cut it. Still the same version, when it say update... it restarts .. then this...fece60374b5ffd2d5be5303c39dc7ca.png

when i check like still the same version...

3f5ea3b46190300aecf95dc00a61d7a.jpg

then i tried updating again... same thin happen...

can i do a clean install with the latest version

thanks for your input..

mark-1978

Jun 17, 2015
Hi, so I test the update file.. and it seems it does not cut it. Still the same version, when it say update... it restarts .. then this...View attachment 5239193

when i check like still the same version...

View attachment 5239191

then i tried updating again... same thin happen...

can i do a clean install with the latest version

thanks for your input..
Keep on trying, maybe in the other usb cable, it should work.

mark-1978

Jun 17, 2015
I've tried to bridge these two points but it doesn't work for me
Look at these pictures, maybe you can compare with your own radio? I thought the theory was, that if you shortcircuit those two spots, then connect the usb cable while holding, spflashtool thinks that the internal memory is empty and can flash it again.

Attachments

• testpoint1.jpg
    testpoint1.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 45
  • testpoint2.jpg
    testpoint2.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

liykh001

Mar 2, 2021
Another day - another firmware update and new launcher 💕
upgraded from 6.7 -> 6.8 for 9216BJ

Login: xyauto
Password: 123456
(they have firmware for other models too - use google translate to change chinese to english)

copied gongban_YT9216BJ_ui-hw-ota-v6.8.zip to usb and extracted to usb.
inserted usb and <Android upgrade> button becomes available on the below screen.

After update - if PlayStore or apps freeze, reset Android settings and system settings fixed things for me.

Hope that helps some people....

1614859863427.png

Last edited:
Reactions: hleemkuil

quixcraiova

Feb 12, 2021
@Moynia, disassembly the device and try flashing it with test points. You can see picture on mark's post here in this page.

@lagakappa96, dont give up. Im giving you the original factory rom from my device recieved after i spoke with seller. Format USB to fat32, decompres archive , copy to USB memory and insert it to the headunit.

@Moynia, disassembly the device and try flashing it with test points. You can see picture on mark's post here in this page.

Will definitely give that a go. I have a bench power supply I can hook it up to at my workbench at the autoshop I work for.

For reference, here is my device info (before I broke it LOL):
Device: YT9216BJ_00012_V0001
i1UJbns.jpg

And here is my SP Flashtools:
ce4QR9t.png

2 things to note. I was getting an error for the flash so I did a Format Whole Flash except Bootloader (probably mistake 1). I also changed the scatter to one for the MT8127 (should I use the one provided in the ZIP file here in this thread aka. "stock" scatter?).

I still have USB access so not all hope is lost. I am just an idiot who did not back up his stock firmware 🤡. My experience with Mediatek processors is limited to a few BLU phones I developed software for back in the day.

WOCUsIU.jpg

quixcraiova

Feb 12, 2021
Keep calm. Even i did not made backup. From there began my journey in this forum 😂 . Everytime i use format + download with checked preloader, but not alltime preloader works. Try to download firmware for 9216bj from xy site and the factory preloader from there.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So... how to root your device?
    how to flash twrp?

You can use this pre-rooted firmware, with included twrp.
    -Build type is userdebug, means u can enable multi-window mode in dev settings
    -Based on latest available firmware
    -Root
    -Busybox
    -TWRP
    -HIFI enabled
    -UI1 Launcher
    -FM Radio with RDS and save manager.
    -TPMS (working with cheap chineese usb units)
    -DVB-T & SDR (required RTL2832U)
    Its backup of system i already have modified for myself.
    It means, its branded to Ford Mustang all the way.
    U can do this to get rid of that branding:
    -choose another bootlogo.
    -flash new bootanimation.
    -install stock (not modified) UI1 launcher

To get ADB, i recommend this app:
    WiFi ADB - Debug Over Air

Download:
    YT9216B_00002_V004_20191012_HIFI_V3.zip

Factory settings password: 8888

Important note: Android 8.1 Go is just chineese marketing trick, in reality this head unit has android 6.0 (api lvl 23, not 27 as 8.1 should have).
    Instructions

Prepare:
    - download and unzip archive from my first post
    - make/buy USB A male to A male cable (for photos see attachments)
    - install drivers from SP_Driver folder

Backup:
    Just in case make backup (readback in ATC Flash Tool)
    I didnt done it, so if u want, search for guide online

Flashing process:
    - open flash_tool.exe from ATC_Flash_Tool folder
    - select Download-Agent MTK_AllInOne_DA.bin from ATC_Flash_Tool folder
    - select Scatter-loading File AC8227L_Android_scatter.txt from Firmware folder
    - make sure PRELOADER is not checked. (There isnt any in in my fw. Just in case if u use this guide for some another fw)
    - press Download button
    - connect your USB A to A cable one side to PC, another one to your head unit. I recommend u to use that 4 pin usb port (that one with smaller plastic end), but shouldnt matter.
    - press RST button on your head unit (use some pin, paper clip or toothpick)
    -wait until flashing process ends. There should appear green message.
    - press RST button again and let yout headunit boot.
    - perform factory reset on your head unit to prevent any bugs

Flashing process error:
    - happends sometimes
    - disconnect your cable
    - if possible, disconnect your head unit from electricity for a while
    - press download again, connect usb cable back, and press RST button.
    - check if your cable is not faulty.
    - for homemade cable try to apply some solder on cable ends, check if ends arent shorted, use tape on them, or buy original cable
    folowed V4A Rom Inclusion
    So, ViPER4Android included in ROM.
    credits to ViPER520
    ViPER’s Audio Website
    ViPER’s Audio XDA Thread
    Users, use “Compatible Mode” if you plan to install other sound mods. No other sound mods included in ROM.
    I saw it on my unit with this rom! I am just uploading a clean one - stay tuned :p

This one is slightly debloated, stock launcher, Android bootlogo, Android bootanimation

: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Tsfm16klrP4uBk5K8sXBvdqvHyL4df25

---------- Post added at 10:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 AM ----------

Anyone knows which cable adapter I need for TF-SD Card?

20200125_153011_small.jpg
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone