[ROM] [ROOT] [TWRP] [GUIDE] YT9216B Chinese Android Head Unit

Search This thread
Keep calm. Even i did not made backup. From there began my journey in this forum 😂 . Everytime i use format + download with checked preloader, but not alltime preloader works. Try to download firmware for 9216bj from xy site and the factory preloader from there.

I know the login info was posted somewhere here, can it be posted again?

lagakappa96

Jun 12, 2013
Poland
So I gave it one more chance, and disassembled the device again. This time i checked what written on motherboard and (to my surprise) it's not YT9216B but YT9260LP.
I did not find firmware for it, just one random guy on xda that dumped his fw but it won't work at all - black screen only.
XYGala don't have any fw for it.

mark-1978

Jun 17, 2015
So I gave it one more chance, and disassembled the device again. This time i checked what written on motherboard and (to my surprise) it's not YT9216B but YT9260LP.
I did not find firmware for it, just one random guy on xda that dumped his fw but it won't work at all - black screen only.
XYGala don't have any fw for it.
try another preloader.

lagakappa96

Jun 12, 2013
Poland
@lagakappa96, dont give up. Im giving you the original factory rom from my device recieved after i spoke with seller. Format USB to fat32, decompres archive , copy to USB memory and insert it to the headunit.

Sorry, didn't noticed your message among others. I'll try this and let you know what I got. I've got one rom from the seller, but he insisted it needs to be flashed via sp flash, but the scatter file was not correct (it was similiar to "ota" roms)
Edit: Just checked, still the same effect - splash screen and that's all
try another preloader.
As I stated previosuly, I tried loads of them.

Last edited:

dxtr76

Mar 3, 2021
Keep on trying, maybe in the other usb cable, it should work.

It updated... but issues need to resolve...

1. How to fit the display within the screen... its oversized...
bb9cbd9249cd76bbee046785d248d86.jpg
2. Before my DDR is 2 now its 1... its really strange. (this is non issue)

Thanks in advance.

devildoll789

Feb 24, 2021
hey , first of all thank you very much for help us with this issue.
One question i already did the process and followed the instructions but once the flash tool shows the green screen assuming that everything was ok, my car audio system is always showing the Ford logo after the first reset. so what am i doing wrong?

dxtr76

Mar 3, 2021
no, in the menu it should mention something about a factory reset. Looks like the dpi is too low.
Hi, i had not found the factory reset because even if I use the mouse, I cannot access the whole screen... then..

Even if I format+download both the 6.6 and 6.5 firmware from xyauto... sadly still the same.. the only problem is the display..

Your input will be appreciated... thanks.. much...

mark-1978

Jun 17, 2015
hey , first of all thank you very much for help us with this issue.
One question i already did the process and followed the instructions but once the flash tool shows the green screen assuming that everything was ok, my car audio system is always showing the Ford logo after the first reset. so what am i doing wrong?
the ford logo? So it doesn't get past the logo? Have you connected the canbus perhaps?

dxtr76

Mar 3, 2021
maybe open the unit up, and take a look at the writing on the mainboard. Could be a very different version then you thought.
Ok, i will open it up... will there be writing? YT9216B?....9216C?.. Curiously maybe my unit has a faked firmware.. because its originally...
3f5ea3b46190300aecf95dc00a61d7a.jpg
will update you.. what happens..

Thanks.

FoxH69

Jan 15, 2021
Hello everyone!
I have a problem with the obd unit that I purchased.
Once inserted, the car radio reveals it only if I go to Bluetooth in the menu but if I try to pair it, nothing happens. I also went into the system settings (android default) and, next to Wi-Fi, no menu for Bluetooth appears!
The control unit, needless to say, turns on and is detected but I cannot pair it. How can I do? I have the Rom from the first post.

mark-1978

Jun 17, 2015
Hello everyone!
I have a problem with the obd unit that I purchased.
Once inserted, the car radio reveals it only if I go to Bluetooth in the menu but if I try to pair it, nothing happens. I also went into the system settings (android default) and, next to Wi-Fi, no menu for Bluetooth appears!
The control unit, needless to say, turns on and is detected but I cannot pair it. How can I do? I have the Rom from the first post.
what obd receiver are you talking about?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So... how to root your device?
    how to flash twrp?

You can use this pre-rooted firmware, with included twrp.
    -Build type is userdebug, means u can enable multi-window mode in dev settings
    -Based on latest available firmware
    -Root
    -Busybox
    -TWRP
    -HIFI enabled
    -UI1 Launcher
    -FM Radio with RDS and save manager.
    -TPMS (working with cheap chineese usb units)
    -DVB-T & SDR (required RTL2832U)
    Its backup of system i already have modified for myself.
    It means, its branded to Ford Mustang all the way.
    U can do this to get rid of that branding:
    -choose another bootlogo.
    -flash new bootanimation.
    -install stock (not modified) UI1 launcher

To get ADB, i recommend this app:
    WiFi ADB - Debug Over Air

Download:
    YT9216B_00002_V004_20191012_HIFI_V3.zip

Factory settings password: 8888

Important note: Android 8.1 Go is just chineese marketing trick, in reality this head unit has android 6.0 (api lvl 23, not 27 as 8.1 should have).
    Instructions

Prepare:
    - download and unzip archive from my first post
    - make/buy USB A male to A male cable (for photos see attachments)
    - install drivers from SP_Driver folder

Backup:
    Just in case make backup (readback in ATC Flash Tool)
    I didnt done it, so if u want, search for guide online

Flashing process:
    - open flash_tool.exe from ATC_Flash_Tool folder
    - select Download-Agent MTK_AllInOne_DA.bin from ATC_Flash_Tool folder
    - select Scatter-loading File AC8227L_Android_scatter.txt from Firmware folder
    - make sure PRELOADER is not checked. (There isnt any in in my fw. Just in case if u use this guide for some another fw)
    - press Download button
    - connect your USB A to A cable one side to PC, another one to your head unit. I recommend u to use that 4 pin usb port (that one with smaller plastic end), but shouldnt matter.
    - press RST button on your head unit (use some pin, paper clip or toothpick)
    -wait until flashing process ends. There should appear green message.
    - press RST button again and let yout headunit boot.
    - perform factory reset on your head unit to prevent any bugs

Flashing process error:
    - happends sometimes
    - disconnect your cable
    - if possible, disconnect your head unit from electricity for a while
    - press download again, connect usb cable back, and press RST button.
    - check if your cable is not faulty.
    - for homemade cable try to apply some solder on cable ends, check if ends arent shorted, use tape on them, or buy original cable
    folowed V4A Rom Inclusion
    So, ViPER4Android included in ROM.
    credits to ViPER520
    ViPER’s Audio Website
    ViPER’s Audio XDA Thread
    Users, use “Compatible Mode” if you plan to install other sound mods. No other sound mods included in ROM.
    I saw it on my unit with this rom! I am just uploading a clean one - stay tuned :p

This one is slightly debloated, stock launcher, Android bootlogo, Android bootanimation

: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Tsfm16klrP4uBk5K8sXBvdqvHyL4df25

---------- Post added at 10:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 AM ----------

Anyone knows which cable adapter I need for TF-SD Card?

20200125_153011_small.jpg
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone