[ROM] RoyalGinger 3.0 - ckisgen - 8/3/11 - 2.3.4, Netflix, gTalk Video over 3G/4G

Search This thread
G

gh0zt36

As a guy who was in your shoes .... im glad i got royal ginger ... it kicks ass AND has working netflix <just dont update the app> AND has the coolest boot animation of any rom ive ever seen , enhacned boot menu which can boot to recovery straight from menu. its the best rom ive ever used i think... i loved pure_gpc_gingerbread when i had my hd2's but royal ginger far exceeds the performance of any rom out there IMHO

AJ26T

Jun 28, 2007
nj
Very awkward ive been running this rom for a while now and all of a sudden when I powercycle phone and then open my app drawer my screen is all black no icons show anyone else see this

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

sl1k1

Dec 4, 2008
Fresno,,CA
Very awkward ive been running this rom for a while now and all of a sudden when I powercycle phone and then open my app drawer my screen is all black no icons show anyone else see this

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

I haven't..what launcher are you using?

Sent from my HTC Glacier using XDA App

minus21

May 24, 2009
Tasker Profiles

Would you mind posting that profile? I just got Tasker a short while ago and haven't had the time to really dig into it. Thanks!

Ok, So there are actually four profiles (as is often the case with tasker- you need more than one profile to accomplish what you want), one to check if the phone is off the hook, (for speakerphone), one to check if the phone is ringing (for flip to silence) and the other two to actually perform the tasks. As it stands with the profiles this is how it works:

1. Assuming the phone is back-down, when it rings, lifting it will silence the ringer and turn vibrate on. (You must turn the ringer back up manually as it stands)

2. Assuming the phone is sitting back-down and it is during a call, flipping it to face-down will enable speakerphone. While in a call, you can move the phone from your ear to the back-down position and then flip it to face-down to enable speakerphone also.

These are basic profiles I whipped up in a short time, but it should have no problem getting you started on exactly what you want, as they are easy to modify. If you have any questions, feel free to ask, or PM me.

Attachments

• TaskerProfiles.zip
    1.7 KB · Views: 18
G

gh0zt36

anyone have a problem with the clock app just popping up out of nowhere and turning the speakerphone off during calls when the clock app pops up? very bizarre problem i just started having

donj001

Mar 17, 2011
Norwalk, CA
Thanks altroy2 for posting the updated netflix. I just installed royalginger from cm7 nightlies and thought that netflix was toast. One question for the royal team, i have been without bootsound since cm7 started 2.3.4, and not able to get it working. What changed? What was needed to make bootsound work?

Sent from my HTC Glacier using XDA Premium App

lanternslight456

Jan 14, 2011
www.androidinsomnia.com
Thanks altroy2 for posting the updated netflix. I just installed royalginger from cm7 nightlies and thought that netflix was toast. One question for the royal team, i have been without bootsound since cm7 started 2.3.4, and not able to get it working. What changed? What was needed to make bootsound work?

If you dis a clean install of rg it has boot sound. All the info can be found at WWW.teamroyal.net - team roms - royal Ginger - FAQ
Look for boot sound in the list of FAQ questions

Reactions: altroy2

fionalindberg

May 1, 2011
Roswell, GA
Got to terminal

su [Enter]
bootsoundon [Enter] or conversely bootsoundoff [Enter] to toggle.

Works like a charm.

ckisgen, RG2.1 is hands down the best ROM ever, and I've tried 4 now. Loving it. My husband broke his Windows phone and is borrowing my MT4G with RG2.1 and he can't believe battery life. I'm using my Nexus S until his is repaired and I'm already having RG withdrawals!

FLYNN2

Aug 11, 2010
Got to terminal

su [Enter]
bootsoundon [Enter] or conversely bootsoundoff [Enter] to toggle.

Works like a charm.

ckisgen, RG2.1 is hands down the best ROM ever, and I've tried 4 now. Loving it. My husband broke his Windows phone and is borrowing my MT4G with RG2.1 and he can't believe battery life. I'm using my Nexus S until his is repaired and I'm already having RG withdrawals!

+1

Sent from my ROOTED HTC Glacier using XDA Premium

FLYNN2

Aug 11, 2010
Any no how I can get the tmobile tv app ?

try downloading a ROM that is a stock sense ROM. Then extract the .apk & install it to your phone. That's how I did it.

Sent from my ROOTED HTC Glacier using XDA Premium

BCD90

Apr 18, 2011
Dallas
I went ahead and got the tmo tv apk from orange glacier. Immediately when it popped up it said i was subscribed for 9.99/month to undo go to help accounts and unsubscribe. Well i never filled out anything to subscribe so am i getting this for free or are they going to bill my account?

Thanks.

LimonP

Jan 9, 2010
Salt Lake City
I went ahead and got the tmo tv apk from orange glacier. Immediately when it popped up it said i was subscribed for 9.99/month to undo go to help accounts and unsubscribe. Well i never filled out anything to subscribe so am i getting this for free or are they going to bill my account?

Thanks.

No Tmobile has some channels for free. It is just the premium channels you have to pay for.

BCD90

Apr 18, 2011
Dallas
But that is the weird thing. When i go under subscriptions its saying that i am subscribed to tmobile tv prime when i never subscribed for anything. Thats why i wondering if this is just a lucky mistake or if im actually gonna get charged for it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    RoyalGinger is built and compiled from CM7 source code with lots of the CM7 extras and other assorted bloatery removed + a custom kernel & numerous tweaks and optimizations added in. It's sleak, it's mean, and it's fast.​

---​

Warning! We Are Not Responsible For Anything That Happens To Your Device

---

Thank you to: Infinitybiff, XxKolohexX, ChromerSmith, Kingklick, Firerat, Cyanogen, HTC, Google, Dumfuq, Houka420, The Entire CM Team and contributors and of course the guy that made this all possible JesusFreke. We wouldnt be where we are now if it wasnt for him.​

=====================

Release Name: RoyalGinger
    Release Version: v3.0
    Base Firmware: 2.3.4
    Kernel Verison: ckisgen-AOSP-smartass v2.0.1 Kernel

=====================
    I always recommend a full wipe (data and both caches) before flashing this ROM!!

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED/READ ME:
    1) In Spare Parts - Set Window & Transition animations to 'Fast' or 'OFF' .. this will greatly speed up switching between apps, etc.
    2) TURN OFF live wallpapers if you experience any sorts of odd/unexpected behavior
    3) If you are using setCPU - try uninstalling that (and rebooting) if you have out of the norm issues .. this app seems to cause some weirdness with a small fraction of users device
    =====================

INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS / RoyalGinger v3.0

- Download the ROM and throw it on the root (main folder) of your SD card

- Boot into recovery

- Wipe data

- Wipe cache partition

- Wipe dalvik cache (under advanced)

- Install from zip / choose zip from SD card / flash it!!

- (optionally) You can let the phone settle for 1-2 mins on initial boot up. IF you are using setCPU, I strongly recommend a fresh reboot and a 1-2 minute settle before auto detecting clock speeds. (see below for more details) I​

Enjoy your wings :D

HAPPY FLASHING!!

((IF YOU RUN/USE setCPU : now you can open setCPU, press the menu button, select 'Device Selection', press 'Autodetect Speeds / Recommended' .. hit the OK prompts ... there's like one or two ..set your min/max clock speeds and governor and press 'set on boot' (I use the default smart ass gov, 1.1gHz max 245hz min ... this seems to be the best balance of performance and battery...AGAIN, MAKE SURE set on boot ISN'T ENABLED/CHECKED IN ROYALGINGER SETTINGS -> PERFORMANCE -> CPU SETTINGS))
    =====================
    This should be common knowledge by now but if you want to report an issue make sure you have a log cat also you should be running a log cat on every first boot. If you dont have ADB set up on your computer follow this very easy guide to set it up. It truly only takes a few minutes. Also, see HERE for addt'l instructions on how to get a logcat. Alternately, there is a handy app available free on the market called 'alogcat' which doesn't require ADB and does all the lifting for you
    =====================

DOWNLOAD LINKS (updated 8/15/2012)

RoyalGinger 3.0 - DOWNLOAD

Kernel bundled with v3.0 - ckisgen-AOSP-smartass v2.0.1 - DOWNLOAD

https://github.com/ckisgen
    Change Log:

--------------------------------------------------------

RoyalGinger 1.5

See This Thread - Click Here

RoyalGinger 1.4.1
    Kernel -
    [Kernel]Gingerbread[2.6.32.32]MaxOC~1.84GHz,Smartass/UV/BFQ/SLQB-Faux123[Mar-14] - V2.1.5LV - Thank You Faux
    Kernel can be found Here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=957267
    Themes
    Added [THEME] CyanogenMod 7 Themes by UpwardSpiral - Thank You UpwardSpiral

Thank You All Themers For Your Great Themes.

RoyalGinger 1.4
    Rom -
    Zip Aligned and Optimized Entire Rom
    Cut down on Boot and Re-Boot times
    New TeamRoyal Boot Animation - Created by KCS05DC
    APP
    Removed More Apps
    Kernel -
    [Kernel]Gingerbread[2.6.32.32]MaxOC~1.84GHz,Smartass/UV/BFQ/SLQB-Faux123[Mar-14] - V2.1.2.1LV - Thank You Faux
    Kernel can be found Here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=957267
    Overall -
    Made the Rom Better and Faster
    Themes
    Added Honeycomb Theme - CM7 Theme - Alpha 4 - Thank You haxzamatic
    Added [CM7 Theme Engine] Sculpted 2.0.2 - Thank You shift_
    Added [Theme Chooser] Rover's Mix V.1.4 - Thank You rover.prince
    Added [CM7][THEME][APK] BlueBuzzer - Thank You voodoo55

Thank You All Themers For Your Great Themes.

RoyalGinger 1.3
    Rom -
    Based on Cyanogens CM7RC2 Rom - http://forum.cyanogenmod.com/topic/15769-cyanogenmod-7-for-mytouch-4g-v700-rc2-372011/ - Thank You Cyan and TeamDouche
    Added TeamRoyal's Performance Script
    Added Improved TeamRoyal's SuperSettings Script
    Added Improved TeamRoyal's Script
    Cut down on Boot and Re-Boot times
    New TeamRoyal Boot Animation - Created by KCS05DC
    APP
    Added Swype
    Removed Most to all CM Apps
    Optimized and Zip Aligned all Apks's
    Kernel -
    [Kernel]Gingerbread[2.6.32.32]MaxOC~1.84GHz,Smartass/UV/BFQ/SLQB-Faux123[Mar-10] - V2.1.0LV - Thank You Faux
    Overall -

RoyalGinger 1.2
    Rom -
    Fixed Wifi Issue (Yes again)
    Added TeamRoyal's Performance Script
    Added TeamRoyal's SuperSettings Script
    Added TeamRoyal's Script
    Kernel -
    [Kernel]AOSP/CM7[2.6.32] MaxOC~1.84GHz, Smartass/CIFS/UV/BFS/BFQ/SLQB-Faux123 [Mar-06] - V2.0.4LV - Thank You Faux
    Kernel can be found Here Click Here
    Overall -

RoyalGinger 1.1
    Rom -
    Fixed Wifi Issue
    Removed Performance Scripts
    Zip Aligned and Optimiezed
    Kernel -
    Stock CM7 Kernel
    Framework -
    Zip aligned and Optimies

RoyalGinger1.0
    Rom -
    Based on Build AOSP 2.3.3
    Added Performance Scripts
    Added Gapps
    Bin -
    Added a Remove Launcher script
    Added Shadow.sh renice script
    Apps -
    Removed ADW
    Added Launcher2
    Zip Aligned and Optimiezed
    Kernel -
    Dumfuqs Smartass Kernel
    Framework -
    Zip aligned and Optimies
    aww junk guys .. this one is off the CHAAAAAIN

sorry for the addtional additional few hour delay here .. would have had this thing out this morning but decided to finish up one final golden ticket for you guys .. wasn't gonna unleash it 'til v2.1 but i pushed it into v2.0

we're all running one last final run thru .. but it's been perfect on mine since i flashed it and have run thru everything major .. all i can say is WOW

barring something coming up for one of the testers, i'll be uploading within the hour .. :D :D :D

get your fire extinguishers ready err'ybody..................

(oh ya, the faster and more often you guys push the thanks button, the faster i get this uploaded) :D
    OK guys ... pressing update on OP :D

don't have a full changelog .. this ones gonna take me a good chunk of time tonight to put it all together. the updates are MASSIVE .. a lot of under the hood stuff but plenty all around. you'll feel the difference to say the least.

major highlights off the top of my head:

RoyalGinger v2.0:

- entire ROM completely rebuilt and compiled from scratch using latest 2.3.4 CM7 source code. i don't just take in all of the updates/code/commits willy nilly. i check them all out and cherry pick the ones i want .. test some out, decide whether or not to keep them in, etc. (more on that later)

- bundled with my first kernel build :D ckisgen-smartass-CM7-v1.0 . this is compiled using a base of zinx's latest CM7 stock kernel but i've added in the smartass governor (with a little inspiration from dumbfuqs source code, thanks df!) and then tweaked a couple of addt'l settings. i've bumped the default max clock to 1.1ghz. this kernel will overclock to 1.8ghz. i've got LOTS of plans for this in the future. i'm going to be working hard on it. i went with something like this for maximum compatibility with this latest 2.3.4 and all the changes that it's brought about. I def gotta give a big THANKS to FauxMoney for the colorful late night conversations and inspiration to make my own kernel...thanks man.

- FULLY working google Talk with video and audio working BOTH ways (ok maybe not 100% .. switching to rear camera FC's but we're working on that..still really solid)

- moved most of the 'extra' CM apps and a couple of others to user storage so that they can be easily removed using the traditional uninstall method via the manage applications menu (settings/applications). i call this one the "E-Z AOSP-ify" update. the apps are:

* terminal
    * xda
    * DSP manager (this is the new one with the EQ presets .. very nice)
    * FM
    * ROM Manager
    * Spare Parts
    * stk
    * Swype
    * Torch
    * YouTube

- TONS and TONS of other stuff .. optimizations everywhere .. GPS, radio, data, ETC!!!!!

(if you like my work, please don't forget your thanks buttons)
    I would love to test 2.2 internationally! I leave for Italy Wednesday. Think I can get on board as a beta for my travels in Europe? Please? Pretty please?:)

if I was a betting man, I'd say you'll likely be fine ;D

Sent from my Gingerlicious Glacier using XDA App
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone