[ROM][RPK]-HyperDroid Androidmeda v6.1.17 & 7 Series **Ideas & Beliefs**(03/03/2012)

Search This thread

hugorx

Jan 5, 2009
Yeah v6 definetly better ..it has all i need and its 100% stable

Sent from my GT-I9100

plotinus

Apr 25, 2011
San Jose
i'm still using this rom, (v7) super stable, not even 1 problem, for me it has everything i need,thanks to the devs for such a great job!

malhor

Jan 31, 2008
Paris
Hyperdroid or villain?...

Appart from a try at cm , I only got 2 custom GB roms : sicopat's (who contributed to hyperdroid) and hyperdroid.
I've never gone back to stock since I installed hyperdroid.
Smooth as butter, more than battery friendly and stable as a rock. Never used v7 (no offense doc ;) )as it is only there to fulfill the jkay addicts :D
V6 + redpill 1.3 got everything I need.

I'm trying now cm9 waiting patiently that the team here got the needs, time and will to cook us some of their miracle roms :D

Sent at hyperdroid speed from a Galaxy far far away from the others

WhoIsJohnGalt1979

Jun 12, 2012
Google Pixel 8 Pro
I personally went to paranoid...best rom ever, hyperdroid was great, but not anymore maintained...

Thats an unfair observation my friend, its not updated for sure, but you will get support if you need. Never seen any one ask a question which has not gone answered in the recent past. If the rom wouldn't have been maintained then the ever alert DOC would have closed the thread:).

Last edited:

bartoloandre98

Oct 9, 2010
I personally went to paranoid...best rom ever, hyperdroid was great, but not anymore maintained...

A hardrock solid ROM remains rock solid for eternity XD.I mean if its already awesome and all bugs were squashed what else is there to maintain?This is not the developers problem or ROM problem ,it is yours,mine,ours and it is called ORD(obsessive ROM disorder).

IN CODEWORKX WE TRUST.

yaronAD

Jun 9, 2011
I'm still on Hyperdroid 6.1.17 +RedPill 1.3 :)
Best ROM ever.
Tried a few ICS stock based, CM9, AOKP...
Will try CM10 and some new AOKP JellyBean based...

Only feature I really wanted to have on 6.1.17 is swype out notifications, but look really hard to do :(
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1483193

Hyperdroid 6.1.17 is one of the best GB roms:good:.....I still got a nandroid copy:eek:
but I advise you to change kernel to SiyahKernel v2.6.14
much better >> and taking the rom to the next level :cool:

Reactions: noscentsbrad

bervin

Nov 22, 2009
media.xda-developers.com
does anyone know how i can stop my phone from using h+ and stick to h on this rom?? cause there isn't much of a performancce difference but the battery drain is vastly greater

Siberian Tiger

Retired Senior Moderator / Tiger's Eye
Dec 4, 2010
Piraeus
Best ROM ever.

Only feature I really wanted to have on 6.1.17 is swype out notifications, but look really hard to do :(

Check my signature.There is a version with swype to remove notifications ;)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

roophz

Jun 18, 2010
May be old but its still amazing

Been trying out new roms the last few months including Paranoid and SLIM. (Loving Para's tablet UI btw) However, 2 nights ago, I returned back to 6.1.17 . Just try the apps ( Games are smoother (temple run for eg), search bar is almost instantaneous ) No issue with video playback.( sound/video playback is jittery on para ) As such, I believe that this is the best ROM for sg2 as of yet in terms of daily use and functionality.

Thank you so much for all your work ( DOC and team)

Reactions: superbellefleche

raziel123

Apr 29, 2010
fsync

Guys can someone instruct me on how to disable fsync ?

Many thanks

---------- Post added at 03:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:09 PM ----------

Battery performance is the best I've seen with redpill 1.3, this is the best ROM for the galaxy s2, on 6.1.117.

On hyper governer it is supersmooth, 0 lag,

---------- Post added at 03:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 PM ----------

Best ROM ever.

Been trying out new roms the last few months including Paranoid and SLIM. (Loving Para's tablet UI btw) However, 2 nights ago, I returned back to 6.1.17 . Just try the apps ( Games are smoother (temple run for eg), search bar is almost instantaneous ) No issue with video playback.( sound/video playback is jittery on para ) As such, I believe that this is the best ROM for sg2 as of yet in terms of daily use and functionality.

Thank you so much for all your work ( DOC and team)

Seconded, this is the ultimate (performance & battery) ROM for galaxy s2 on gingerbread, with redpill 1.3 kernel,

Noed

Oct 14, 2011
Campinas
Check my signature.There is a version with swype to remove notifications ;)

Not really:
Note for HYPERDROID USERS:IN Hyperdroid parts EDT settings and Quickpanel settings wont work

What you do is replace the Hyperdroid 6.1.17 nicely tuned with Lidroid quickpanel Framework and SystemUI... with your own, undoing the good things and applying your theme over it.
I could use Hyperdroid v7 that comes with Jkay and "swype to remove notifications", but that's not what I want...

---------- Post added at 09:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 PM ----------

I still get the Android OS bug on 6.1.17, rare, but happens at least once a week...
Without any apparent reason, Android OS usage take over, not letting the phone to deep sleep.
I already asked for help on BetterBatteryStats thread, studied every little wakelock log, no luck.
Also changed Kernel to Siyah 2.6.14, frozen almost all my apps, fully wiped and reinstalled a couple times.
Issue seems to be the wi-fi keeping the phone up, I even bought a new wireless router, no luck again.
Will try to move to an AOKP JellyBean now... I know performance won't be the same, but it's time to move already.

Reactions: WhoIsJohnGalt1979

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM][RPK]-HyperDroid Androidmeda v6.1.17 & 7 Series **Ideas & Beliefs**(03/03/2012)

Welcome to the HyperDroid Androidmeda (GT-i9100 Galaxy S2 Edition)

Almost 1 Million Downloads...
    More Than 5 Million Page Views...
    We. Are. HyperDroid.

RedPillKernelStamp.png

Development Team
    Founders & Lead Developers of HyperDroid-Androidmeda Dev Team: pongster & D.O.C
    SGS2 Developers: D.O.C, petsasj, pongster, kahvitahra,
    sicopat
    SGS2 Kernel Developers: pongster, af974, arighi
    Co-Developers: s2d4, rudolf895
    Ad-Free, Unmetered Bandwidth Server brought to you by The Calibur Network... cause open source matters

New Hosting capabilities thanks to veyka
    Shared Server with Didgesteve

GO LIVE HERE!!

IF YOU USE ANY OF THE MODS CONTAINED HERE WITHOUT PMing US FIRST, YOU WILL BE IN DIRECT INFRINGEMENT OF XDA FORUMS RULES AND BE TREATED AS SO!!
    Just pm us about giving us the heads up you will be using our mods and link us to your thread, that is all we ask.

BASE ARE FULL WIPE

ROM v X.Y.Z
    X:
    Samsung Firmware Base
    Y:
    Kernel Upgrade
    Z:
    Bugfixes, app upgrades.

Release Date 03/03/2012
    Hyperdroid Androidmeda 7 series (Final)

* The ROM is final, just for ORD users, we are focusing in ICS now, so please dont expect full support in this
    **Only D.O.C Surgeon available, feel free to adapt any themes from previous bases to this (just give credits to original author), credits for adapting it are yours :D, and they shall be in the OP.
    ***We, The Dev Team use v6 (well I am using v7 just to test it bug free, call it quality control). v6 has more love put to it, regardless of v7 having more features because of third party contributions :D

Release Date 31/01/2012
    Hyperdroid Androidmeda v6.1.17

• Updated kernel to RedPill Kernel 1.1
    • Fixed RTL patch inside build
    • Changed CSC to KI3 default set to GB
    • Unbounded ring and notifications volume
    • Added Gtalk with video support to base *
    • Mms updated to work with uvezur mods thanks to veyka

*not available in some surgeons

Release Date 29/01/2012
    Hyperdroid Androidmeda v6.0.15

• Added custom Date thanks to kahvitahra one more time :)
    • Updated HDP*
    • Added new customisation options to HDP (for special people like us :)
      • Added toggle to skip songs by long pressing volume
      • Added change FM station by long pressing volume
      • Added toggle to confirmation dialogue on Power options
      • Added Hot Reboot option
      • Toggle for Home Button double click
      • Toggle for alarm icon
      • Toggle for vibrate icon
      • Toggle for battery sound
    • Updated to Maps 6.2
    • Reverted Volume steps**
    • Updated OTA to allow 2 extra servers (including veyka server)
    • Added CSC XXKI2
    • Removed some unnecessary files from base rom.

*Changelog for HDP will come shortly.

**Pdroid patches will have to be redone as framework.jar was modified to remove the system volume steps.

Release Date 25/01/2012
    Hyperdroid Androidmeda v6.0.8

• EDT Tweaks Added thanks to Kahvitahra!!!
    • Custom Date Added thanks to Kahvitahra!!!
    • HDP updated to include EDT and more personalisation options, thanks to petsasj*:

• Toggle CRT
    • Toggle Vibrate icon
    • Toggle Alarm icon
    • Full charge sound
    • Fixed System volume steps not changing after 50% increase**.
    • Removed CWManager app drawer icon (no point in having the link inside HDP and the app drawer).
    Release Date 24/01/2012
    Hyperdroid Androidmeda v6

• Contains RedPill Kernel Series v1.0
    • Updated HyperDroid Parts
    • Based on XILA2 Firmware from Samsung
    • Increased volume steps to 15 all sliders except for ring tones and notifications.
    • SD card not mounting errors should now be fixed, kernel incorporates some of the init.d tweaks that might have been the cause of the problem.
    • updated time zones to version n
    • Fujutweaks 4.0
    • Tweaked sqlite libs
    • Tweaked SQlite3
    • Csc is just a place holder
    • ROM supports hdpi and mdpi (except twlauncher, look here thanks to petsasj)
    • Deodexed
    • Zipaligned
    • AND rezipaligned on every boot for system/app, data/app, framework/app (Just to be sure for all your other apps)
    • Pre-Rooted for your convenience
    • /data/app folder inside zip for auto installing preferred apks on boot (Simply copy apk's there and it installs... easy peasy)
    • Enable of BLN for stock Samsung SMS application (montymintypie/no.one.writeme)
    • appwidgetpicker for widget display ala cm7 (boombuler)
    • Hosts blocked except for some medical apps
    • resolv.conf added for faster gps lock
    • apn list from cm7
    • SIP over 3G
    • smooth spinners
    • Blur set to slow to avoid corruption of CRT effect (props to doctorcete)
    • Battery with 204 pngs for smooth animations supported
    • Lidroid 15 toggles(tweaked, removed "lidroid Rom branding")
    • Advanced Power Menu with removed phone title options.
    • Build prop with some modifications with several tweaks for optimisations.
    • Init.d scripts for ram and speed optimisations, some taken from (some init.d tweaks Modded taken from nexxx85)
    • BLN support (neldar and creams)
    • Removed vibrate icon (OP)
    • Build.prop tweaks (OP)
    • Stock themed
    • Market 3.4.4
    • Calendar now supports mdpi
    • Incall dialer now supports mdpi
    • Music supports mdpi
    • FM application supports mdpi
    • At boot removed welcome screen due to incompatibility with newest google maps.
    • Added Samsung Firmware to About to easy Identifiable Samsung firmware base
    • Turned on default install non-market apps
    • Turned off default wifi network available notifications
    • Increased default screen timeout to 60 sec
    RedPillKernelStamp.png

Advanced Flashable Themes: (Using the VillainRom Theme System... props to pulser and the VR Team)

D.O.C
    (Thanks to sonnysekhon of Lucid for the base of theme)

Pongster
    (Thanks to antonda of GingerWay-Blue Ocean for the base)

HDP Intro/Changelog

HyperDroid Parts​

You can find the application under your Menu -> Settings

AndroidMeda Rom Tool:

- Roms tab - Shows the currently available ROMs on the file server for download. It may include stable versions as well as beta versions for testing.
    - Extra tab - This currently has the Surgeons, Themes and Kernel. One would need to press Menu -> Configuration, then "Extra Update Settings -> Manage Extra Servers. Press Menu again and click on "Update Feature Extra Servers"
    - Existing tab - This currently shows the files that you have downloaded.

AndroidMeda Tweaks:

- DPI Changer - Alter your DPI quickly and effectively, with minimal typing
    - mDNIe Switcher - Select from a various lists of mdnie profiles (this list will be populated with custom profiles with time)
    - Backup battery stats - Backup your batterystats prior to a full wipe and Restore when needed
    - Personalization includes:
    *Mounting Options * Gps Options * Wake Options *RTL Patch *Bootsound Options
    - Fix Permissions - Advanced Users only. Should you need to Fix your Permissions, select this option. Mind you it takes time, and will reset Jkay Deluxe Settings
    - Clear Market Cache easily and quickly. Use 160/240 DPI and use this option to make Market work
    - Reboot - Reboots​

TouchWiz Launcher Settings:

- Backup Settings - Backs up your TouchWiz Settings, including app sorting, shortcut sorting, except for widgets.
    - Restore Settings - Restores previously Backed up Settings.
    - Resize Options - This resizes your TouchWiz Launcher widgets to the correct size. Needs my modified TouchWiz Launcher from here.
    - Sort Alphabetically - Sorts TouchWiz Launcher app drawer, with the help of the modified AppZorter found in my TouchWiz Launcher mod. This needs a restart. FC's if AppZorter (my modded one or market one) isn't installed
    - Restart TouchWiz Launcher - This option restart TouchWiz Launcher after sorting, or whenever needed

For Help - Press Menu button then Help

You can also find shortcuts for Spare Parts, Jkay Deluxe settings, CF-Root CWM, and aLogcat

HyperDroidParts, as the title implies, is part of the HyperDroid ROM and belongs to the HyperDroid Dev team, so treat it like such.

HyperDroid Parts was created by petsasj

Changelog
    Code:
    [B]version 1.5.5[/B]
    - Removed QuickPanel Settings, now under Androidmeda UI
    - New option: Androidmeda UI => even more toggles at your fingers!
    - Added Hot Rebot option -> So hot it'll melt you. Use this after using Personalization options
    [B]version 1.5.1[/B]
    - New Layout
    - All Force Closes fixed, replaced with Alert Dialogs
    - Added aLogcat
    - Compatible with both Xda and Market edition of Better Battery Stats
    - Lots of code clean up
    - CRT On/Off Toggles (for v6)
    - Changed default backup location to /mnt/sdcard/Android/data/
    - Most of the preferences are done programmatically == far less xml files
    - This is the last Gingerbread Update
    - Added Bootsound Options - Bring back Jennie, if you liked her, or choose the other random dude (can't remember his name)

Currently I am working on ICS versions, so here's a preview of what's coming :Here
    RedPill Kernel Release

RedPillBanner.png
    For Detailed Changelogs:

Please refer to Commit Log on the Source found HERE.

Full Changelog is on our website so everyone can access as putting it here will be too much to read. :)

Download Links can be found HERE.

Highlights here:

Probably one of the most thought out kernels I've ever made and used...
    Simple, Intuitive, Responsive

Features Custom Recovery by AF974 based on Team Overcome Recovery (Thanks to alterbridge for letting us use his source)
    Some Unique Features of this Recovery:
    • Reorganized Menu
    • Select with Power Button and Home Button
    • Soft Back Key actually goes Back
    • No/Yes Selection Tweak (If you know how to get to Recovery, you don't need that many "No's")
    • Mount Internal AND Mount External from Recovery (We figured this would be quite Useful)

Full Kernel Features found on the Release Page... This is snapshot of what to expect to keep it easy to read...

Basic Features:
    • VooDoo Louder Support
    • 2nd Core and Touch Move by Tegrak Support
    • Full CWM Manager 3.0 Support
    • Experimental AOSP/CM7/MIUI Support by gokhanmoral (Odd numbered Releases)
    • CPU & GPU Overclocking and Undervolting by Netarchy
    • Highly Experimental Ondemand based CPU Governors (Minor Edits only/Renamed to keep bugs on the experiments) based on arighi's deep_sleep and fast_start commits
    • Maximum CPU Freq set at 1.5Ghz
    • Enable or Disable File Syncing (fsync)
    • Stochastic Fair Blue (SFB) Network Scheduler Enabled
    • CFS Autogroup by Mike Galbraith Enabled
    • CPU Topology and Sched_MC enabled
    • AFTR and LPA enabled
    • A lot of tunables via sysfs included
    • Undervolted Int ARM and Touchscreen Values (thanks to Phenomenal for the idea)
    • Git Implementation of SHA-1 for 12% faster boot time
    • CPU set at 1.2Ghz at Boot for faster boot time (Thanks to Imoseyon)
    • XZ compressed kernel using optimized values for the size of the kernel
    • Uncompressed Initramfs (tweaked scripts/gen_initramfs.sh)
    • NTFS Read/Write Support for OTG (Flash Drives and External Hard Drives with enough Power supported)
    • EFS Autobackup script thanks to gokhanmoral
    • a lot more info coming soon...

Credits: (Huge props to all the devs I've learned from by reading and studying their code)

Chainfire
    Erasmux
    Imoseyon
    faux123
    Ezekeel
    franciscofranco
    supercurio
    hardcore
    Hacre
    Netarchy
    Ninpo
    gokhanmoral
    Tegrak
    Entropy512
    cattleprod
    alterbridge
    Team Overcome
    All the hardworking Kernel Devs at lkml.org (Linus Torvalds, Jens Axboe, Mike Galbraith, etc.)

Special Mention to the following:
    To my mates at the HyperDroid Dev Team: (who help me test and refine the features of our kernel for our ROM)

Arighi (for the initial guidance on how to get the kernel booting and working & a lot of battery driven patches)
    D.O.C. (formerly doctorcete) (for the friendship and being an example of diplomacy in dealing with usual ****storm of questions from users who refuse to search and read) :)
    AF974(for the Overcome based Recovery that's so bad ass I want to stay in recovery)
    petsasj (for his great work on HyperDroidParts and all future Apps that are just pure awesomesauce!)
    sicopat (for letting us use his server and helping us out with a lot of things smali)
    s2d4 (for testing everything at the risk of the potentially time sucking Soft Brick... especially since we use a Mac)

This new Kernel has no need for any other tweaks as we've tweaked it based on extensive testing over the past several months... based on best practices for our specific hardware. (Huge props to s2d4 for his extensive testing to the point of breaking... we took the risk of breaking our devices so you won't have too... fully tested tweaks here!)

"This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the blue pill - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill - you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes." - Morpheus, The Matrix (Copyright belongs to the Wachowski Brothers... Larry and Andy)

MatrixPills Image Used with permission from Corinne Wilger... You can find her site HERE.
    Download Links

DOWNLOAD LINKS FOR NEWEST BASE
    Download Links for v6.1.17
    Base rom
    md5: 25b761fa3cb28c04529de91b89a622c4

Pdroid patches by veyka

RedPillKernel---YOU%20have%20a%20CHOICE.png