[ROM] RustRom V3 J2 Pro 2018 [SM-J250G/F/M][LightStock][7.1.1] Bonus Google Version UPDATED-21/11/21

Search This thread

Rustdroid

o :| sorry didn't see that am on the samsung version now so i don't thing i'll go back to the google version to test but am sure you're right that was dump on my part. but hay you didn't mention any thing about contexts fix :D;)

No problem it's always good to read First few post when you have problems with Roms to see if there any info. Your the only person that has had the context problem. If I see that anyone else has same problem I'll add it to first post. Thanks for letting me know how to fix it, if it's a problem for anyone else.

Ammar Yasser

Mar 31, 2017
cairo
No problem it's always good to read First few post when you have problems with Roms to see if there any info. Your the only person that has had the context problem. If I see that anyone else has same problem I'll add it to first post. Thanks for letting me know how to fix it, if it's a problem for anyone else.
yep can confirm dialer is working after selecting it as a default app

SnarfSnarf

Jul 26, 2011
I used the Samsung rom, anybody able to install microG? I am able to patch and have signature spoofing enabled, but when I install the microg stuff I am stuck in samsung boot logo, I let it run for 30 minutes before removing battery. I have tried the NanoDroid method and installing the microg repository on F-droid. Been at it a while.

Edit: Gave up on this rom after trying to use magisk to install microg. If anyone else is trying to get microg to take keep reading --> Downloaded latest from official firmware from sammobile, used Super R Kitchen (linux) to deodex rom and to add magisk, then patched services.jar using NanoDroid-patcher-22.6.20200208.zip in TWRP recovery. J250F booted and I installed amaze.apk from external_sd card enabled root then deleted google stuff in /system/priv-app/ in preparation for microg. (see microg prerequisites) Rebooted back into recovery and installed microg with NanoDroid-microG-22.6.20200208.zip. Phone booted and microg self test is good to go! Just need to debloat a little samsung garbage and I am happy camper.

Last edited:

CreackedMind

Jul 31, 2020
Added links for SM-J250F I need someone with that device to test. Should fix Network problems.

Hi dear RustDorid Devs. i tested rom you made for sm-j250f and since my stock rom from Turkey i have cellular network problems . Problem is even thouhgt i put my sim card it do read it around 0-5 sec. then it begins to not read it .
One of my other problem it keep say com.android.phone has been stopped and last problem is only in samsung rom i have other two problem in both of them but samsung rom have a problem with samsung browser it doesnt open how many time i have try it

Rustdroid

Hi dear RustDorid Devs. i tested rom you made for sm-j250f and since my stock rom from Turkey i have cellular network problems . Problem is even thouhgt i put my sim card it do read it around 0-5 sec. then it begins to not read it .
One of my other problem it keep say com.android.phone has been stopped and last problem is only in samsung rom i have other two problem in both of them but samsung rom have a problem with samsung browser it doesnt open how many time i have try it

To fix your network problems and com.android.phone crashing you must install the stock rom for your country and using root copy the CSC folder in root directory, then use that folder to replace CSC folder in the Rustrom zip. I can't include CSC for every country.

Then update Samsung browser and it should work. I don't use this phone anymore so won't be updating it.

tomnguyenhieu12345

Aug 1, 2020
Hey, i have tried ur rom and it's quite oke, but there are still some bugs that i found in my experience. 1, sometime the 4G is not showed in the status bar (must restart the phone to fix this). 2,The samsung store cannot install apps. It fix show: Installation error code 0 ( i have fixed this error in my phone, if u want to know how to fix, contact me: tomnguyenhieu2004@gmail.com). 3,The iconpack that i have downloaded in samsunng theme are showed, but it gone when im leave the app. If i apply the iconpack that i have downloaded, the bug is still happened (I dont know how to fix this, help me). 4, Can u teach me how to make a custom rom like u please? Because i want a more ligther than ur rom, and get back some features that u have removed.

Rustdroid

Hey, i have tried ur rom and it's quite oke, but there are still some bugs that i found in my experience. 1, sometime the 4G is not showed in the status bar (must restart the phone to fix this). 2,The samsung store cannot install apps. It fix show: Installation error code 0 ( i have fixed this error in my phone, if u want to know how to fix, contact me: tomnguyenhieu2004@gmail.com). 3,The iconpack that i have downloaded in samsunng theme are showed, but it gone when im leave the app. If i apply the iconpack that i have downloaded, the bug is still happened (I dont know how to fix this, help me). 4, Can u teach me how to make a custom rom like u please? Because i want a more ligther than ur rom, and get back some features that u have removed.

If you are having network problems you might need to replace CSC folder like I said above. You must wipe and format data for rom to work best.

The icons I can't fix just install other icon packs and different launcher if you want custom icons.

Just use Classy kitchen on windows and superR kitchen on Linux to make custom ROMs. You can find help in there XDA posts.

fgghfyhh

Nov 7, 2019
I used the Samsung rom, anybody able to install microG? I am able to patch and have signature spoofing enabled, but when I install the microg stuff I am stuck in samsung boot logo, I let it run for 30 minutes before removing battery. I have tried the NanoDroid method and installing the microg repository on F-droid. Been at it a while.

Edit: Gave up on this rom after trying to use magisk to install microg. If anyone else is trying to get microg to take keep reading --> Downloaded latest from official firmware from sammobile, used Super R Kitchen (linux) to deodex rom and to add magisk, then patched services.jar using NanoDroid-patcher-22.6.20200208.zip in TWRP recovery. J250F booted and I installed amaze.apk from external_sd card enabled root then deleted google stuff in /system/priv-app/ in preparation for microg. (see microg prerequisites) Rebooted back into recovery and installed microg with NanoDroid-microG-22.6.20200208.zip. Phone booted and microg self test is good to go! Just need to debloat a little samsung garbage and I am happy camper.

tq bro its working:eek::eek:

R

RahulPalLNX

Noice

Thanks for your lightstock rom sir.. but where you goes? we missing u alot. plase comeback in community with more of your roms.

shallencarnacion

Nov 8, 2020
Any chances to get the samsung themes working properly?

When i installed a theme it only changed the wallpapers and icons. It should change the notification bar, contacts and phone theme too. Is there any way to get it working properly? Btw i have been using this rom for a month now and i can say this is the best decision i have ever made! Thx!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    RustRom

Information

Rom is a light version of Stock.
    There are two versions Samsung and Google, More Info below.

Warning
    I highly recommend making sure you have the files ready to restore stock rom.
    I am not responsible for what happens to your device.
    Flash at own risk.
    Make sure you backup your data and current rom with TWRP.

Samsung Version
    Added Aroma Installer With Magisk or SuperSU Root Choice and EFS Backup
    Lots of apps removed
    Debloated
    Disabled RMM State
    Disabled DM-Verity/ForceEncryption
    De-Knoxed
    Deodexed
    Zipaligned
    Changed Model number in build.prop and changed SystemUI.apk so that themes work.
    Only Oreo Themes work I've provided a link to some themes that work so you can have Black UI.
    (Thanks to Deno_developer)
    Updated some apps
    Changed messages app to Galaxy S7 one

Google Version
    Important - Must go to setting - Apps - Default Apps - Calling app And choose Google phone.

Same as Samsung version but these changes

Swapped these Apps to Google ones
    Phone (Dialer)
    Calculator
    Callender
    Browser (Chrome replaced Samsung Browser)
    Clock
    Launcher (LineageTrebuchet replaced Touchwiz)
    Added Google and Google Wallpapers

Bugs

None

Installation
    Backup Rom and your Data with TWRP
    Highly recommend Backing up EFS in Aroma installer - Must choose safe format only!

Format Data
    Make a full wipe (system, data, cache, dalvik)
    Flash Rom and follow instructions
    Reboot
    First reboot can take 5 to 10 minutes

Remember
    Must go to setting - Apps - Default Apps - Calling app And choose Google phone
    For google version

Enjoy!

Downloads

Samsung Version

J250F

J250G

Google Version

J250F

J250G

How to Install Themes
    1. Sign into your Samsung account
    2. Open the themes store and go to your themes
    3. minimise Your themes but keep running in the background
    4. install a theme from the zip bellow
    5. Go back to Your themes and apply the theme.
    (If it doesn't work restart device and try to apply theme again)

Themes

If you share this ROM make sure you give credit to me and provide a link to this post, Thankyou

XDA:DevDB Information
    RustRom, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy J2

Contributors
    rustdroid
    PsychicGirl
    Deno_developer

Source Code: https://www.sammobile.com/samsung/galaxy-j2-pro/firmware/SM-J250G/XSA/download/J250GDXU3ASK1/305496/

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
    Based On: Stock Australian J250GDXU3ASK1

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: V3
    Stable Release Date: 21-11-2021

Created 2020-03-13
    Last Updated 2020-03-13
    Hi need help/tutorial for 250G/DS, installation of TWRP, and always boot loop when flashing TWRP. I can't install rust rom without TWRP
    Yes it does bootloops on stock rom, because of SElinux problem. It happens to me always... 😢

Anyways there is only a way to do this, steps as follows:
    1. Take backup of you existing data and save it to your PC or External SD Card. (exclude system files such as Android folder, only take backup of files e.g. images, videos, documents, saved .apk files, etc.)
    2. Download latest TWRP.tar from official site. (here is the one compatible with your phone)
    3. Flash latest TWRP using latest Odin. (v3.14.4 is latest atm)
    4. Look and wait for the flash to complete, as soon as it complete flashing remove USB cable and battery, insert it after few seconds and directly boot to recovery.
    5. Do a clean wipe. (clean wipe = advance wipe Dalvik/ART Cache, Cache, System, Data and Internal Storage. !!wipe them twice!!)
    6. Transfer RustROM.zip to your phone while staying on TWRP.
    7. Flash the zip file and enjoy.

Follow below steps if you got a Internal Storage error or Internal Storage size is showing 0mb there:
    1. Goto Wipe > Advance Wipe > Select ✅ Data > Click Repair or Change File System > Click Change File System > Click ext 2 > Swipe to confirm.
    2. Go back to Change File System > Click ext 4 > Swipe to confirm and problem solved.

Still got any problems? Reply me, I'm here to help. 😉

Like if you find above steps easy to understand. 😊
    hi i have a 250f and i flashed this rom but am getting weird storage premonitions issues i can't write to /sdcard except when am in recovery i tried setting chmod to 777 and 755 in recovery but it's still the same
    Answer 2

It will work on j250m too

¿Really sure? sorry, i'm still very newbie with samsung phones, and still not unlocked que OEM option :c