• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM] RustRom V3 J2 Pro 2018 [SM-J250G/F/M][LightStock][7.1.1] Bonus Google Version UPDATED-21/11/21

Search This thread

William Roy12

Sep 5, 2021
La instale en mi j250m , y funciona bien , probe con la version de google j250f ,y me salia que una aplicacion se habia detenido y no habia señal , tonces probe con la version j250g , y me funciona bien hasta el momento , pensaba que no iva a funcionar porque la fuente decia que era de binario 3 y yo tenia binario 5 , pero funciona, gracias , saludos desde Peru.

Translated by GT:
I installed it on my j250m, and it works well, I tried with the google version j250f, and it came out that an application had stopped and there was no signal, then I tried with the j250g version, and it works well for me so far, I thought not It was going to work because the source said it was binary 3 and I had binary 5, but it works, thanks, greetings from Peru.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rustdroid

La instale en mi j250m , y funciona bien , probe con la version de google j250f ,y me salia que una aplicacion se habia detenido y no habia señal , tonces probe con la version j250g , y me funciona bien hasta el momento , pensaba que no iva a funcionar porque la fuente decia que era de binario 3 y yo tenia binario 5 , pero funciona, gracias , saludos desde Peru.

Translated by GT:
I installed it on my j250m, and it works well, I tried with the google version j250f, and it came out that an application had stopped and there was no signal, then I tried with the j250g version, and it works well for me so far, I thought not It was going to work because the source said it was binary 3 and I had binary 5, but it works, thanks, greetings from Peru.
That's good it worked well for you :) Greetings from Australia. I am going to do one more update that will fix the UI so you can use Dark theme.

ai.Sanaul

Nov 4, 2021
Just installed V3 (Samsung Version)
It is working good in my J250F.

But: ---> ---> ---> --->

Some major bugs:
- a dialogue everytime i unlock my phone "Messages Stop Working".
- Galaxy Store do not install apps after downloading. Says "error installing: 0".
- A lag for 20s to 30s whenever i restart/reboot my phone.

Suggestion:-
- There is a network speed meter in V2 but it's removed in V3. It is helpful so can you add it again in V3. [ Edit: suddenly i noticed that after a reboot it shows that option 🤘. Thanks it is a useful tool/feature 😊]
- android 8 (if possible).
- a screen recorder instead of games app.

Last edited:

Rustdroid

Just installed V3 (Samsung Version)
It is working good in my J250F.

But: ---> ---> ---> --->

Some major bugs:
- a dialogue everytime i unlock my phone "Messages Stop Working".
- Galaxy Store do not install apps after downloading. Says "error installing: 0".
- A lag for 20s to 30s whenever i restart/reboot my phone.

Suggestion:-
- There is a network speed meter in V2 but it's removed in V3. It is helpful so can you add it again in V3. [ Edit: suddenly i noticed that after a reboot it shows that option 🤘. Thanks it is a useful tool/feature 😊]
- android 8 (if possible).
- a screen recorder instead of games app.
Thanks for the reply. I have the device again and am working on a update now, it will be updated soon. Just use V2 for now.

ai.Sanaul

Nov 4, 2021
Thanks for the reply. I have the device again and am working on a update now, it will be updated soon. Just use V2 for now.
ok will use v2 for now. Thanks!

Here, some more feedback:
- Carrier Services not working properly. (sometimes my Jio is unable to place calls)
- Unable to go live on Insta, Facebook, etc.
- Unable to set live wallpapers ("wallpaperpicker has stopped")

Hope this Helps! 😊
anyways thanks you for this awesome rom 😄

Rustdroid

ok will use v2 for now. Thanks!

Here, some more feedback:
- Carrier Services not working properly. (sometimes my Jio is unable to place calls)
- Unable to go live on Insta, Facebook, etc.
- Unable to set live wallpapers ("wallpaperpicker has stopped")

Hope this Helps! 😊
anyways thanks you for this awesome rom 😄
V3 has been fixed let me know if it works okay for you.

anarchotaoist

Jun 2, 2018
I used the Samsung rom, anybody able to install microG? I am able to patch and have signature spoofing enabled, but when I install the microg stuff I am stuck in samsung boot logo, I let it run for 30 minutes before removing battery. I have tried the NanoDroid method and installing the microg repository on F-droid. Been at it a while.

Edit: Gave up on this rom after trying to use magisk to install microg. If anyone else is trying to get microg to take keep reading --> Downloaded latest from official firmware from sammobile, used Super R Kitchen (linux) to deodex rom and to add magisk, then patched services.jar using NanoDroid-patcher-22.6.20200208.zip in TWRP recovery. J250F booted and I installed amaze.apk from external_sd card enabled root then deleted google stuff in /system/priv-app/ in preparation for microg. (see microg prerequisites) Rebooted back into recovery and installed microg with NanoDroid-microG-22.6.20200208.zip. Phone booted and microg self test is good to go! Just need to debloat a little samsung garbage and I am happy camper.
Hey mate! Thanks for this write up! I want to use microg.
Some questions though!
I looked up sammobile (and elsewhere) for the latest official firmware - but I am not sure what to use. It appears to be based on country! There is nothing for Australia. What should I use?
Is there a good guide for Super R Kitchen
and
NanoDroid patcher?
Thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    RustRom

Information

Rom is a light version of Stock.
    There are two versions Samsung and Google, More Info below.

Warning
    I highly recommend making sure you have the files ready to restore stock rom.
    I am not responsible for what happens to your device.
    Flash at own risk.
    Make sure you backup your data and current rom with TWRP.

Samsung Version
    Added Aroma Installer With Magisk or SuperSU Root Choice and EFS Backup
    Lots of apps removed
    Debloated
    Disabled RMM State
    Disabled DM-Verity/ForceEncryption
    De-Knoxed
    Deodexed
    Zipaligned
    Changed Model number in build.prop and changed SystemUI.apk so that themes work.
    Only Oreo Themes work I've provided a link to some themes that work so you can have Black UI.
    (Thanks to Deno_developer)
    Updated some apps
    Changed messages app to Galaxy S7 one

Google Version
    Important - Must go to setting - Apps - Default Apps - Calling app And choose Google phone.

Same as Samsung version but these changes

Swapped these Apps to Google ones
    Phone (Dialer)
    Calculator
    Callender
    Browser (Chrome replaced Samsung Browser)
    Clock
    Launcher (LineageTrebuchet replaced Touchwiz)
    Added Google and Google Wallpapers

Bugs

None

Installation
    Backup Rom and your Data with TWRP
    Highly recommend Backing up EFS in Aroma installer - Must choose safe format only!

Format Data
    Make a full wipe (system, data, cache, dalvik)
    Flash Rom and follow instructions
    Reboot
    First reboot can take 5 to 10 minutes

Remember
    Must go to setting - Apps - Default Apps - Calling app And choose Google phone
    For google version

Enjoy!

Downloads

Samsung Version

J250F

J250G

Google Version

J250F

J250G

How to Install Themes
    1. Sign into your Samsung account
    2. Open the themes store and go to your themes
    3. minimise Your themes but keep running in the background
    4. install a theme from the zip bellow
    5. Go back to Your themes and apply the theme.
    (If it doesn't work restart device and try to apply theme again)

Themes

If you share this ROM make sure you give credit to me and provide a link to this post, Thankyou

XDA:DevDB Information
    RustRom, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy J2

Contributors
    rustdroid
    PsychicGirl
    Deno_developer

Source Code: https://www.sammobile.com/samsung/galaxy-j2-pro/firmware/SM-J250G/XSA/download/J250GDXU3ASK1/305496/

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
    Based On: Stock Australian J250GDXU3ASK1

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: V3
    Stable Release Date: 21-11-2021

Created 2020-03-13
    Last Updated 2020-03-13
    hi i have a 250f and i flashed this rom but am getting weird storage premonitions issues i can't write to /sdcard except when am in recovery i tried setting chmod to 777 and 755 in recovery but it's still the same
    Answer 2

It will work on j250m too

¿Really sure? sorry, i'm still very newbie with samsung phones, and still not unlocked que OEM option :c