[ROM] Rwilco12's Mostly Stock NE2 v1.3 (1/24/15) (Updater, Debloated, and more!)

Search This thread

distaula

Jul 19, 2009
Link Mirror?

Does anyone have the Test Rom? I could find a way to host it or even set up a read-only Bittorrent Sync link for easier downloading.

EDIT: And by 'easier' I mean not constrained by a third party hosting service, the community's bandwidth would be the pipes.

Last edited:
Reactions: clinton77

Doc50000

Apr 6, 2014
Portland OR
Ok I was poking around and was looking at your 1.2 beta build you have for 10-8, installed it, got to say man im extremely impressed sir, the sound issue is gone, I even installed the sound fix for MK4 and dude this thing sounds and running great so far dude......:)

hhgreg

Jan 30, 2014
Installation instruction

Hello, guys!

After reading all the posts, I've got the following question on how to install the rom:

I saw the post that NE2.tar must be flashed before this rom when you came from 4.1.2.

Since I am in the LORJAY589's MK4 Rom, do I need to do the same thing first?
After then, I can flash Rwilco12's Mostly Stock NE2?

Thanks for any tips.

tx_dbs_tx

Jan 19, 2009
Texas, USA
Hello, guys!

After reading all the posts, I've got the following question on how to install the rom:

I saw the post that NE2.tar must be flashed before this rom when you came from 4.1.2.

Since I am in the LORJAY589's MK4 Rom, do I need to do the same thing first?
After then, I can flash Rwilco12's Mostly Stock NE2?

Thanks for any tips.

If you re running a MK4 ROM then I would assume you have already odin flashed the MK4 wifi patch or have already taken the MK4 and/or NE2 OTA... otherwise coming from any rom pre 4.3 ROM would cause wifi to not work unless you have taken the MK4 or NE2 OTA. So with this said, it sounds like you can go ahead and flash this ROM normally. Just nandroid and do full wipes first. If you're using TWRP recovery it needs to be the 2.8 version (which can only be found on one of the last few pages in their their thread) otherwise use Phil's recover 6.07.9 or newer.

hhgreg

Jan 30, 2014
Thanks.

If you re running a MK4 ROM then I would assume you have already odin flashed the MK4 wifi patch or have already taken the MK4 and/or NE2 OTA... otherwise coming from any rom pre 4.3 ROM would cause wifi to not work unless you have taken the MK4 or NE2 OTA. So with this said, it sounds like you can go ahead and flash this ROM normally. Just nandroid and do full wipes first. If you're using TWRP recovery it needs to be the 2.8 version (which can only be found on one of the last few pages in their their thread) otherwise use Phil's recover 6.07.9 or newer.

Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately, I did NE2.tar flash from Rwilco12's website (Root > Files > Devices > Samsung Galaxy Note II (SPH-L900) > Stock ROMs > NE2).
It seems OK to work except that knox void is set to 1.
Is it normal?
After flashing the rom, is my phone rooted?
I would like to use Tasker for some automation work.

Thanks again for any help.

tx_dbs_tx

Jan 19, 2009
Texas, USA
People, thanks for the interest in the "RW 1.0 S5 Test ROM" but as it is right now I do not want to create mirror links or otherwise continue sharing this "test" version. Reason being is that it is a test/concept that I started and it needs several bugs fixed before it is worthy of sharing to the public. As I mentioned earlier, I am leaving this up to @rwilco12 to decide if and how this test rom evolves. I have been trying to fix a few things but I'm having to learn smali & xml code on my own so it's taking me a bit longer than I like... Nobody is holding my hand in this project LOL. I'm having to figure out things the hard way and to me that's the best way to learn.

To the few testers that I sent the link to: Please PM me if you find additional bugs and if you have the desire and ability to troubleshoot as well as edit smali/xml code. I could use the help. Thanks.

---------- Post added at 05:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:35 PM ----------

People, thanks for the interest in the "RW 1.0 S5 Test ROM" but as it is right now I do not want to create mirror links or otherwise continue sharing this "test" version. Reason being is that it is a test/concept that I started and it needs several bugs fixed before it is worthy of sharing to the public. As I mentioned earlier, I am leaving this up to @rwilco12 to decide if and how this test rom evolves. If he wants to share it with other testers or dev's then he will be the one to do so, not me.

I have been trying to fix a few things but I'm having to learn smali & xml code on my own so it's taking me a bit longer than I like... Nobody is holding my hand in this project LOL. I'm having to figure out things the hard way and to me that's the best way to learn. I'm just wanting to add the Sprint system update feature to the settings menu and fix some minor bugs here and there and call it good. This is not going to be a long drawn out project. It is what it is... a simple revamp of @rwilco12's ROM. Nothing more, nothing less.

To the few testers that I sent the link to: Please PM me if you find additional bugs and if you have the desire and ability to troubleshoot as well as edit smali/xml code. I could use the help. Thanks.

---------- Post added at 05:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 PM ----------

Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately, I did NE2.tar flash from Rwilco12's website (Root > Files > Devices > Samsung Galaxy Note II (SPH-L900) > Stock ROMs > NE2).
It seems OK to work except that knox void is set to 1.
Is it normal?
After flashing the rom, is my phone rooted?
I would like to use Tasker for some automation work.

Thanks again for any help.

I'm not sure if that rom is stock unrooted or if it is rooted. I'm sure he give a description with his link. Incase it's not rooted, you will first need to download the odin version of Phil's recovery 6.07.9 or newer. Flash it on your PC but uncheck the reboot option in odin and/or immediately pull the battery once it finishes flashing. Next put you battery back in and reboot straight to recover ONLY. In Phil's settings select "re-root" device option then go to reboot system and let the phone reboot. Immediately go to google Play store and download SuperSU and once it installs immediately open it and select the option to remove KNOX. Once that is complete you should be good. At that point you can reboot to recovery and flash the rom of your choice. No need to flash any othe wifi or bootloader fixes coming from NE2.

hhgreg

Jan 30, 2014
Knox warranty void

Thanks for the detailed reply.

Now, I have rooted Rwilco12's NE2 rom.
But "Knox warranty void" is set to 1.

Can I still flash the custom rom in the future?

That's my concern.

Thanks in advance.

tx_dbs_tx

Jan 19, 2009
Texas, USA
Thanks for the detailed reply.

Now, I have rooted Rwilco12's NE2 rom.
But "Knox warranty void" is set to 1.

Can I still flash the custom rom in the future?

That's my concern.

Thanks in advance.

Knox Warranty only effects Samsung warranty so unless your phone is still under factory warranty it doesn't matter that it's triggered. Once it's triggered it can't be undone as far as I know. But who cares about that anyway? the phone is out of warranty for almost every Note II owner out there. You can flash whatever rom you want now and in the future. You have nothing to be concerned about..

---------- Post added at 10:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 PM ----------

Are there any OC kernel's that work with this rom, thanks :D

Check @jlmancuso's community rom thread as well as the Devil kernel thread.

jlmancuso

Apr 26, 2011
houston, tx
Are there any OC kernel's that work with this rom, thanks :D

I will try and get the newest devil built this weekend or by Wednesday. Will be posted in the devil thread on first page. I have one of the first posts after the OP that contains recovery, and devil tools links. You will find the newest tester there soon as I have it done.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Doc50000

Apr 6, 2014
Portland OR
I will try and get the newest devil built this weekend or by Wednesday. Will be posted in the devil thread on first page. I have one of the first posts after the OP that contains recovery, and devil tools links. You will find the newest tester there soon as I have it done.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Very cool man, thanks :)

riironman

Sep 14, 2006
I am on 1.1 and my phone this this week has been freezing and rebooting a couple times a day. Not sure why

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Free mobile app

Doc50000

Apr 6, 2014
Portland OR
Been having some issues, SuperSU updated and now I have lost root, I ran the auto root and cant seem to get it back, any ideas......

guycan

Sep 15, 2010
Been having some issues, SuperSU updated and now I have lost root, I ran the auto root and cant seem to get it back, any ideas......

Yep updated to 214 and no root could not access su the phone freezes up I've also try flashing in recovery and still no... so restore Nad for me and it good but back to su 202

SGNote2

Reactions: rwilco12

rwilco12

😺 Recognised Developer / Retired Forum Moderator
I am on 1.1 and my phone this this week has been freezing and rebooting a couple times a day. Not sure why

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Free mobile app

Yep updated to 214 and no root could not access su the phone freezes up I've also try flashing in recovery and still no... so restore Nad for me and it good but back to su 202

SGNote2

There appear to be issues with the latest version of SuperSU and compatibility with v1.1. I would recommend not taking the SuperSU update for now.

Just curious... For those of you on v1.0 still, do you have the same issues with the latest SuperSU update?

Reactions: pfroyjr and guycan

guycan

Sep 15, 2010
There appear to be issues with the latest version of SuperSU and compatibility with v1.1. I would recommend not taking the SuperSU update for now.

Just curious... For those of you on v1.0 still, do you have the same issues with the latest SuperSU update?

Yep I'm on 1.1 so that is the case even try su 213 and only some apps get grant su so nand back which has 202 and it fine will stick with 202 not updating

SGNote2

Reactions: rwilco12

spodemaster

Nov 26, 2012
Update on weirdness.
I'm still on version 1.0 but need to probably reinstall.
I made the mistake of allowing superSU to update and chose the option to let the os handle it instead of CWM.
Now root doesn't work, I've tried installing the zip via recovery.
I've tried repairing root via philz recovery, then installing via playstore
then again trying philz root repair, then install via zip.

Root doesn't work anymore.
The first weird issue I noticed that let me know root was dead was WeChat stopped working application manager was reporting it was using 467gb of data :|
So I guess I'm looking at trying v1.1
Hey does it have flashlight mode?

Otherwise this rom has been one of the best I've used on the GN2 so far!!!! Thanks a million.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Rwilco12's Mostly Stock NE2

As many of you know, I've spent so long dealing with all these stock ROM's and never really branched out into the world of custom ROM's. I can never find a ROM that is 100% what I want. I find a lot that come close but never 100%. So I decided to branch out and try my hand at making my own custom ROM. I got what I wanted for my S5 and was then asked to port it over to the Note 2. That being said, this is my ROM. I made it for me. I'll take requests and do what I can but ultimately I'm building a ROM that is my daily ROM and does what I need it to the way I want it to. I'm sharing with everyone but I'm putting myself at your mercy to play nice. So without further ado...

The ROM:

- NE2 Stock Deodexed Base
    - Rwilco12's Updater (ability to install mods, apps, etc on the fly)
    - Native Call Recording
    - Wi-Fi & USB Hotspot enabled
    - 360 Degree Rotation
    - Carrier Lockscreen Text Removed
    - System Apps Updated to Latest Versions
    - Wireless Charging Pop-Up Removed
    - Debloated (Removed Apps available through Updater)
    - Removed Safe Volume Warning
    - Customized CSC Default Workspaces
    - Full Battery Notification Removed
    - Extended Reboot Menu
    - Connections Optimizer Removed
    - Additional Quickpanel Tiles
    - Boot Animation Support
    - Custom Boot Animation
    - Camera Sound & GPS Menus Enabled
    - Permissions Manager Enabled (found in Settings)
    - Call/Message Blocker Enabled (found in Settings)
    - Torchlight Volume Up Mod Enabled (found in Display Settings)

Changelog:

Mostly Stock NE2 v1.3 - (released 1/24/2015)
    - Rebased ROM back to @Chaz187's base.
    - Fixed power on bug when charging with phone off!
    - Fixed issue with hosts files blocking sites!
    - Removed more bloat!
    - Additional minor performance tweeks!
    - Updated build.prop tweaks!
    - And more!

Mostly Stock NE2 v1.1 - (released 10/3/2014)
    - ROM completely rebased using a hybrid of @jlmancuso and @Chaz187's bases!
    - More bloat removed!
    - Increased animation speeds for faster GUI response!
    - Disabled scrolling cache!
    - Dialer/contacts bug fixed!
    - MSL check removed for hidden menu!
    - PRL writing enabled!
    - Custom CSC desktop settings added!
    - New boot animation!

Mostly Stock NE2 v1.0 - Initial Release (released 8/24/2014)
    - Added Updater v3.02 to ROM
    - Added Rwilco12's Wallpaper Gallery & Repo to ROM
    - Enabled Native Call Recording
    - Removed Carrier Lockscreen Text
    - System Apps Updated to Latest Versions
    - Wireless Charging Pop-Up Removed
    - Wi-Fi & USB Hotspot enabled
    - 360 Degree Rotation enabled
    - Updated System Apps
    - Removed Safe Volume Warning
    - Customized CSC Default Workspaces
    - Full Battery Notification Removed
    - Extended Reboot Menu Added
    - Connections Optimizer Removed
    - Additional Quickpanel Tiles Unlocked
    - Boot Animation Support
    - Custom Boot Animation
    - Camera Sound & GPS Menus Enabled
    - Permissions Manager Enabled
    - Call/Message Blocker Enabled
    - Torchlight Volume Up Mod Enabled
    - Debloated​

Credits/Thanks:

- @Chaz187 for the base!
    - Huge thanks to @tdunham for his awesome guides that made this ROM possible!
    - @TeamPATB ( @fryingpan0613 @jimmydene84, @The Real Sitek, @elwood, @cbucz24 & @kenny8504 ) - for just being awesome!
    - @acquariusoft - for the original Update Me App I based my Updater off of.
    - @garwynn - for being Garwynn and everything he does for all of us!
    - @mijjah74 & Team Nocturnal - for the extended reboot menu.
    - @digiblur - for full battery notification removal mod.​

Downloads:
    http://www.rwilco12.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=923
    Other items are currently available through the Updater included within the ROM. More items will be added to the Updater as we progress.

Directions:
    1. Download ROM.
    2. Boot to recovery.
    3. Do and advanced wipe and wipe cache, dalvik cache, system and data.
    4. Flash the ROM.
    5. Enjoy!

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM] Rwilco12's Mostly Stock NE2 v1.3 (1/24/15) (Updater, Debloated, and more!), ROM for the Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note II

Contributors
    rwilco12
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 1.3
    Stable Release Date: 2015-01-24

Created 2014-10-13
    Last Updated 2015-01-24
    7cd3af4e8353344e5079848d367dcc30.jpg

f9b0b2c512f121d5af84e2dc6431a9aa.jpg

edddb613a2d9c4bb17346056e651ac90.jpg

3d53fb3dd26c49342da727b38f74d95c.jpg

30da95c1a5f5e04d9a5ad25d0cd1fed7.jpg
    Rwilco12's Mostly Stock NE2 v1.1 is now available!

Huge thanks to @jlmancuso and @Chaz187 for the bases and all their help! Both of them are awesome guys!

Another big thanks to @The Real Sitek, @ceabbott2, @hondafreak513, @Patch7 and @XPinochitoX who helped me out with testing the dialer/contacts bugs since my phone isn't actually activated. :)

As always, I recommend a full wipe when flashing. :)
    Downloads in the OP!

Changelog:
    Mostly Stock NE2 v1.1 - (released 10/3/2014)
    - ROM completely rebased using a hybrid of @jlmancuso and @Chaz187's bases!
    - More bloat removed!
    - Increased animation speeds for faster GUI response!
    - Disabled scrolling cache!
    - Dialer/contacts bug fixed!
    - MSL check removed for hidden menu!
    - PRL writing enabled!
    - Custom CSC desktop settings added!
    - New boot animation!​
    Look forward to the Updated Rom, This one is my daily driver and is the most stable i have tried in a while

Exciting news. When is it going to be available?

+100000 This rom works flawlessly on my phone, very exited for an update!!!
    Sorry guys, work has kept me insanely busy so I haven't gotten much done yet. :(

I have completed the process of rebasing the ROM to incorporate pieces of both @jlmancuso and @Chaz187 base ROM's and have added a few new mods. I'm planning on taking some time off next week and hope to get it out then.
    Is the Updater app the best way to check for releases?
    There and here. :)

I'll let you in on a secret though... It's gonna be posted tonight. :)