[ROM][U][mata] Unofficial, optimized LineageOS 21 - March 10th

Search This thread

Tomoms

Feb 15, 2014
OnePlus One
Essential Phone
The new build is available. It brings a lot of new updates and tweaks. Be sure to read this post, from another thread of mine, to understand what UI/UX changes are included in this build: https://xdaforums.com/t/rom-r-unoff...geos-18-1-december-12th.3693223/post-86085733

Regression: the recovery present in this build has got one little issue: the "Back" arrow, visible in the top-left corner of the screen when you are in a submenu , is difficult to press. You must tap a little bit above the arrow, not exactly on the arrow. I'm currently working to fix this issue.

I see that some people have downloaded the 2021-12-13 build I had uploaded to SourceForge two days ago. That was just an experiment I shouldn't have pushed. No worries, just update to today's build to avoid problems.

Okay, I just tried this and EVERYTHING seems to work so far for me, no dreaded mic bug (tested with signal), no ghost touches, full speed WiFi 5, VoLTE, WiFi calling, Essential camera app, good battery life.

I haven't tested hotspot yet so can't comment on that. But other than that this looks like a very smooth, polished stock lineageos experience! I tried it with both stock and gapp'd (using mindthegapps).

Excellent job! Would love to buy you a coffee if you have a link.

Tomoms

Feb 15, 2014
OnePlus One
Essential Phone
Okay, I just tried this and EVERYTHING seems to work so far for me, no dreaded mic bug (tested with signal), no ghost touches, full speed WiFi 5, VoLTE, WiFi calling, Essential camera app, good battery life.

I haven't tested hotspot yet so can't comment on that. But other than that this looks like a very smooth, polished stock lineageos experience! I tried it with both stock and gapp'd (using mindthegapps).

Excellent job! Would love to buy you a coffee if you have a link.
Thanks for the words of appreciation. Hotspot & USB tethering works just fine, I use them quite often.
Tomorrow I'll post a flashable zip that should fix the microphone issue in case someone still has problems on this build.

mervinb

May 8, 2015
Thanks for the words of appreciation. Hotspot & USB tethering works just fine, I use them quite often.
Tomorrow I'll post a flashable zip that should fix the microphone issue in case someone still has problems on this build.
I have just updated my PH-1 and the initial results on speaker phone seem good. Thank you so much for trying to address this long-standing issue.

If, after a few weeks, the issue is indeed fixed for all users, is there a chance that your excellent work on the mic issue is pulled into to the official release? That would make a lot of others happy, I think.

For me, I'll stick with your version!

Tomoms

Feb 15, 2014
OnePlus One
Essential Phone
I have just updated my PH-1 and the initial results on speaker phone seem good. Thank you so much for trying to address this long-standing issue.

If, after a few weeks, the issue is indeed fixed for all users, is there a chance that your excellent work on the mic issue is pulled into to the official release? That would make a lot of others happy, I think.

For me, I'll stick with your version!
It is indeed possible that fixes I implement (now and in the future) into my builds make their way into the official LineageOS builds. In fact, I have already contributed the recovery visual improvements I've put into my last build (touch support in official nightlies is still WIP).

However, there is something that makes me smile about all the positive feedback on the mic issue in the last build, something that is worth explaining :)
To put it simply, there is no fix!
Since some users told me that there is no mic issue in AOSPA, I've checked AOSPA's device tree, looking for changes in the mixer_paths_tasha.xml file. It turned out that Lineage's tree has got a couple of commits affecting that file that are not there in AOSPA, so I thought: "Let's see if removing them fixes the problem". But, in the end, I forgot to revert those commits before building my latest update. So, audio setup-wise, my latest build is 100% identical to official ones and to my previous ones.

According to the discussion on the Gitlab issue describing this problem, a fix was merged into LineageOS in June 2021. Is it possible that you guys did not try any LineageOS build built after that month, and so did not actually notice the problem was fixed? Seems silly to think, but I can't think of any other explanation.

As of now, I am not facing this issue on my latest build when using the speakerphone in a normal phone call using LineageOS's dialer app. This means that June's fix works fine for me. I'd like everyone to try this specific scenario (ordinary phone call, no Telegram/Whatsapp/Skype/whatever) and report back. Thanks!

Reactions: temporarium

buckiller

Feb 22, 2018
It is indeed possible that fixes I implement (now and in the future) into my builds make their way into the official LineageOS builds. In fact, I have already contributed the recovery visual improvements I've put into my last build (touch support in official nightlies is still WIP).

Yeah, looks like this change is the first for mata since October?

Wonder if you could look into the minimum screen brightness not being low enough ? This is the main issue for me on Lineage (in addition to the mic issue, noticed when recording videos; don't know if it was fixed by default, I just need to remember to use opencamera and select unprocessed as audio source).

Reactions: IronRoo

Tomoms

Feb 15, 2014
OnePlus One
Essential Phone
Yeah, looks like this change is the first for mata since October?

Wonder if you could look into the minimum screen brightness not being low enough ? This is the main issue for me on Lineage (in addition to the mic issue, noticed when recording videos; don't know if it was fixed by default, I just need to remember to use opencamera and select unprocessed as audio source).
Let me add these to the list of things I have to give a look at. Unfortunately I will be very busy for the next 2-3 weeks so little will happen until mid January.
Can you describe in more detail the mic issue in the context video recording?

buckiller

Feb 22, 2018
Can you describe in more detail the mic issue in the context video recording?

With Lineage I recorded some videos of some live music and noticed later the video was ruined because a lot of the audio was dipping out like it was being filtered. Tried searching for folks with similar issues and found this thread. I tried this and by selecting unprocessed as the source, it seems fixed. To test, I recorded a video of some violin type music on youtube (laptop) and could immediately notice the difference between default config of Lineage, and the unprocessed option in opencamera. Not sure if it's related to other mic issues on Lineage for ph1.

Speaker phone does not work for me on Lineage, ph1...

And again, I would really appreciate anyone looking into the brightness changes for ph1.. stock has a better, lower brightness on minimum brightness (see earlier link).

Mario3DS

Jul 25, 2013
How can I install Magisk in this rom?

forget it Imanaged to do it by myself, I had to decrypt some payload.bin file and blabla x_x

so far the ROM looks great, no chrome freezes, good performance....

thanks for your work!

Last edited:

Tomoms

Feb 15, 2014
OnePlus One
Essential Phone
With Lineage I recorded some videos of some live music and noticed later the video was ruined because a lot of the audio was dipping out like it was being filtered. Tried searching for folks with similar issues and found this thread. I tried this and by selecting unprocessed as the source, it seems fixed. To test, I recorded a video of some violin type music on youtube (laptop) and could immediately notice the difference between default config of Lineage, and the unprocessed option in opencamera. Not sure if it's related to other mic issues on Lineage for ph1.

And again, I would really appreciate anyone looking into the brightness changes for ph1.. stock has a better, lower brightness on minimum brightness (see earlier link).
I'm looking into the video recording microphone issue right now. I think I have found a fix.
Minimum brightness is the next thing I'll look into.

How can I install Magisk in this rom?

forget it Imanaged to do it by myself, I had to decrypt some payload.bin file and blabla x_x

so far the ROM looks great, no chrome freezes, good performance....

thanks for your work!
You chose to do it the hard way :) Flashing it through Lineage recovery would have been enough.

Mario3DS

Jul 25, 2013
I'm looking into the video recording microphone issue right now. I think I have found a fix.
Minimum brightness is the next thing I'll look into.

Some information about the video recording mic issue

apparently the mic sounds so bad on video recordings because the system is assigning the voice cancelling microphone of the phone to record audio instead of the main microphone you use for calls and voice messages

if you use open camera you can change this on its settings so video recording uses the main mic instead but it only works on that app

Tomoms

Feb 15, 2014
OnePlus One
Essential Phone
A new build is available! Featuring: January's security patches, some interesting kernel improvements (Linux 4.4.297, lots of useless debugging stuff has been removed from the WiFi chip's driver, some improvements in the USB controller's driver - MTP file transfer speed from PC to phone seems to have improved noticeably, let me know if you agree). The recovery touchscreen regression of the last build has been fixed (now touches are detected in the proper places). There also is a possible fix for the camcorder microphone issues.

Some information about the video recording mic issue

apparently the mic sounds so bad on video recordings because the system is assigning the voice cancelling microphone of the phone to record audio instead of the main microphone you use for calls and voice messages

if you use open camera you can change this on its settings so video recording uses the main mic instead but it only works on that app
Can you guys please try out video recording again, to check if the microphone issue is gone? Thanks.

Reactions: eunius

Mario3DS

Jul 25, 2013
A new build is available! Featuring: January's security patches, some interesting kernel improvements (Linux 4.4.297, lots of useless debugging stuff has been removed from the WiFi chip's driver, some improvements in the USB controller's driver - MTP file transfer speed from PC to phone seems to have improved noticeably, let me know if you agree). The recovery touchscreen regression of the last build has been fixed (now touches are detected in the proper places). There also is a possible fix for the camcorder microphone issues.

Can you guys please try out video recording again, to check if the microphone issue is gone? Thanks.
it sounds a bit louder I think

tried it with Essential Camera app, Gcam and Whatsapp video recording feature

MuddyDog

Sep 3, 2019
A new build is available! Featuring: January's security patches, some interesting kernel improvements (Linux 4.4.297, lots of useless debugging stuff has been removed from the WiFi chip's driver, some improvements in the USB controller's driver - MTP file transfer speed from PC to phone seems to have improved noticeably, let me know if you agree). The recovery touchscreen regression of the last build has been fixed (now touches are detected in the proper places).

Hi, the only issue I have encountered is a long standing one: in-call audio when VoLTE is enabled fails, there is either no audio or sped up 'chipmunk' audio. When VoLTE is disabled, in-call audio works ok. This bug runs across all of the Lineage based roms I have tried (Statix, CarbonROM, Havoc, etc.)

The CarbonROM devs have looked at this (a bit) and said that this bug is very carrier specific. I am using t-mobile in the USA, which is apparently one of the affected carriers.

On the other hand, VoLTE works in AOSPA pa-ruby-1-mata-20210629-beta, phhusson's A11 builds and all of the A11 gsi's based on phhusson.

The bug presents as if the amr-wb decoder is receiving a different bitrate than it expects.
In any event, since phh et al. and paranoid android have this working, the fix exists. (or I could just change over to ATT or Verizon)

Tomoms

Feb 15, 2014
OnePlus One
Essential Phone
Hi, the only issue I have encountered is a long standing one: in-call audio when VoLTE is enabled fails, there is either no audio or sped up 'chipmunk' audio. When VoLTE is disabled, in-call audio works ok. This bug runs across all of the Lineage based roms I have tried (Statix, CarbonROM, Havoc, etc.)

The CarbonROM devs have looked at this (a bit) and said that this bug is very carrier specific. I am using t-mobile in the USA, which is apparently one of the affected carriers.

On the other hand, VoLTE works in AOSPA pa-ruby-1-mata-20210629-beta, phhusson's A11 builds and all of the A11 gsi's based on phhusson.

The bug presents as if the amr-wb decoder is receiving a different bitrate than it expects.
In any event, since phh et al. and paranoid android have this working, the fix exists. (or I could just change over to ATT or Verizon)
Is the problem present on later AOSPA R builds? Or are there none?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, a new update is available, mainly bringing some fixes and improvements.
    @sga999 @EssentialPH1 I'm working on exFAT support.
    I don't have the time to update the first post, but I've released a new build that brings an updated graphics stack with a fix for Vulkan GPU support. Should fix games crashing on startup.
    Thank you for your incredible work! It's been great so far, no bugs here.

I want to second the request for exFAT support, it'd really help with working on the go.
    I don't have the time to update the first post, but I've released a new build that brings an updated graphics stack with a fix for Vulkan GPU support. Should fix games crashing on startup.
    Thanks for always bringing improvements to the essential, I updated and tested some games and its all working!
    In this thread I'll share with you my personal builds of LineageOS 21, 20, 19.1 and 18.1 for the Essential PH-1 (codename: mata). These builds are unofficial LineageOS builds, customized with my favorite tweaks and features, and with some interesting optimizations.

MAIN FEATURES
    LineageOS 21 features:
    • support for MicroG (signature spoofing) - read the 2nd post!
    • support for OTA updates
    • some debugging/tracing instructions have been removed from ART
    • loads of updates from AOSP master for ART
    • all native code built with LLVM 18, -O3 and Polly optimizations, LTO, FDO, PGO and MGLO (thanks crDroid & YAAP teams!)
    • improved bionic routines + ARM optimized routines
    • in-built support for many private DNS providers
    • PixelPropUtils & Pif, to unlock Pixel-only features in Google apps and pass Play Integrity
    • Mulch System Webview (from DivestOS) replaces the default Chromium WebView
    • "de-Googling" tweaks: SUPL, captive portal, NTP and DNS servers changed from Google to privacy-friendly alternatives (Kuketz, GrapheneOS, Quad9)
    • updated 3rd-party libraries: SQLite
    • in-built F-Droid client & Log Viewer app
    • minor miscellaneous optimizations applied to several system components
    LineageOS 20 features:
    • support for MicroG (signature spoofing) - read the 2nd post!
    • support for Sandboxed Google Play (taken from GrapheneOS) - read the 2nd post!
    • Klik and Aperture are both preinstalled
    • built with global -O3 optimizations and ThinLTO
    • build with a bleeding edge LLVM 18 toolchain (thanks Kenvyra team)
    • some debugging/tracing instructions have been removed from ART
    • loads of updates from AOSP master for ART
    • improved bionic routines + ARM optimized routines
    • in-built support for many DNS providers
    • support for 3-finger swipe to screenshot
    • PixelPropUtils, to unlock Pixel-only features in Google apps and pass SafetyNet
    • Mulch System Webview (from DivestOS) replaces the default Chromium WebView
    • "deGoogling" tweaks: GrapheneOS's captive portal URLs and SUPL server, Cloudflare's DNS nameservers, pool.ntp.org NTP servers are all used by default to replace their Google counterparts
    • updated 3rd-party libraries: SQLite
    • in-built F-Droid Privileged Extension
    • support for poweroff alarm

KERNEL FEATURES
    Starting from build 2023-10-25, a new kernel is included in my builds. This is based on the latest CAF tag for the Snapdragon 835, with a few additional improvements, mainly for Energy Aware Scheduling. This means that all the tweaks and improvements I had previously made to my kernel are now gone, and I have to reimplement them from scratch, which I'll be doing over the next few weeks. At the moment, only these additional goodies are implemented:
    • lots of bug and security fixes backported by the Civil Infrastructure Project

• updates for zram/zsmalloc (and for the LZ4 compression backend too)
    • power-efficient workqueues are implemented in many drivers
    • simple_lmk by kerneltoast replaces standard LMK
    • Kcal & Klapse
    • maple I/O scheduler as default
    • DDR bandwidth boost when launching apps and in other scenarios
    • DriveDroid support (not tested)
    • Wireguard support (not tested)
    • lots of patches to improve memory allocation-related overhead
    • hardening against buffer overflows (thanks to the GrapheneOS team)
    • USB controller driver updated (MTP speed improvements)
    • memory routines optimized for the arm64 architecture
    • built with -O3 optimizations
    • binder driver backported from Linux 5.4
    • lots of drivers and components only useful for debugging are disabled
    • many small, miscellaneous patches to improve performance and power consumption

BUGS
    Common to official/Nolen's builds as well:
    • NFC quirks (payments with Google Wallet are working, other usecases might or might not) - fixed in the 2023-03-11 build
    • Updater shows wrong percentage during OTA package installation - fixed in the 2023-04-11 build
    • microphone issues in some scenarios - WIP
    • Klik misbehaves when rotating the phone while viewing a previously taken picture (low severity bug); Klik sometimes quits when switching to front cam or B&W mode (high severity bug) - under investigation, read more about Klik's status here - updated 2023-04-12
    • some games do not load - fixed in the 2024-02-27 build and in subsequent official builds
    • [LineageOS 21 only] an exclamation mark is persistently shown on the mobile network signal icon - under investigation: this is just a visual bug, mobile data/VoLTE work fine! - fixed in the 2024-02-14 build
    Specific of my builds:
    • the fullscreen dark background in the notification pull-down view is now transparent - notifications are displayed directly on top of the currently active application. This doesn't affect functionality but is indeed unpleasant to the eye fixed in the 2023-03-21 build

CHANGELOG for LineageOS 21:
    March 10th:
    • synced with LineageOS
    • a few minor tweaks and optimizations
    • fix for an issue with sensors that can occur randomly

February 27th:
    • Vulkan GPU support fixed

February 14th:
    • workaround for the exclamation mark issue
    • fixes for the new Gallery app

February 10th:
    • synced with LineageOS / February's security patches
    • all native code built with LLVM 18, -O3 and Polly optimizations, LTO, FDO, PGO and MGLO
    • a few kernel updates
    • fixes for the Contacts app
    • in-built F-Droid client with some trusted third-party repos already enabled (allows updating the WebView without waiting for a new build)
    • new Gallery app that replaces the old AOSP one

January 17th:
    • jemalloc replaces scudo as the memory allocator
    • updates for ART
    • ability to view, filter, save and export logs directly from the phone (Settings > System > View logs)
    • 3-finger swipe to screenshot (disabled by default)
    • minor miscellaneous optimizations, and small fixes in the kernel

January 10th:
    • first release, all features listed above are include

December 16th:
    • December's security patches
    • SafetyNet/Play Integrity passes again
    • fixed the freeze when opening SIM card settings

November 9th:
    • synced with LineageOS + November's security patches
    • kernel: several bug and security fixes

October 5th:
    • synced with LineageOS
    • new rebased kernel

October 5th:
    • synced with LineageOS
    • October's Platform security patches

September 26th:
    • synced with LineageOS, including full set of September security patches
    • new AIDL Bluetooth audio HAL
    • fix for FX file manager

September 15th:
    • synced with LineageOS
    • September's Platform security patches merged
    • build with a new LLVM 18 toolchain
    • kernel fixes from the Civil Infrastructure Project

August 12th:
    • fix for the telephony crashes

August 10th:
    • synced with LineageOS + August's security patches
    • unlinked ringtone and notifications volume
    • mimalloc: a new faster and low-overhead memory allocator
    • minor tweaks and improvements here and there

July 20th:
    • synced with LineageOS (incl. July's security patches)
    • UI adjustments in Dialer
    • a couple of minor fixes here and there

June 24th
    • synced with LineageOS, including QPR3 and June's patches
    • more consistent rounded corners across the UI
    • delete button next to the screenshot preview
    • charging control with support for bypass mode
    • more consistent fonts used across the whole system & apps

June 3rd:
    • synced with LineageOS
    • charging control HAL (check Settings > Battery > Charging Control to check what it supports)
    • minor improvements for screen rendering
    • Contacts Scopes (picked from GrapheneOS) to grant a fake contacts permission to untrustworthy apps
    • Material You & Monet colors applied to Calculator, Messages, Dialer, Gallery and Contacts (WIP)
    • creepy Facebook component removed from Klik

May 5th:
    • synced with LineageOS (including May's security patches)
    • all of Klik's bugs are finally fixed! Hooray!
    • support for call recording
    • updates for some system components
    • misc. sepolicy fixes and other fixes for small issues under the hood
    • minor kernel bug fixes

April 11th:
    • synced with LineageOS + April's security patches
    • fixed Klik's lags/freezes and the crashes after taking pictures
    • misc. updates and improvements for several system components
    • improved Monet color engine
    • fix for the Updater showing a wrong percentage during update installation
    • minor misc. visual updates (icons, animations, etc.)

March 21st:
    • fix for the visual bug of the previous build

March 20th:
    • synced with LineageOS (March's security patches + Android T QPR2)
    • kernel bug fixes and minor tweaks

March 11th:
    • synced with LineageOS
    • built with -O3 and ink-time optimization
    • many updates for ART and bionic taken from AOSP master
    • more privacy! More links with Google were broken (SUPL & NTP servers)
    • GPS performance improvements
    • fixes for NFC
    • in-built support for many private DNS providers
    • many kernel bug fixes taken from the Civil Infrastructure Project's backports

February 26th:
    • first public build
    • all the feaures listed above are present

January 6th:
    • synced with LineageOS, including January's security patches
    • support for poweroff alarm
    • a few kernel tweaks to improve the responsiveness (taken from Zen kernel)

December 24th:
    • system clock is correct on boot, even with no network connections
    • WiFi kernel drivers updated from the official Android 11 kernel for the Pixel 2
    • other minor fixes in the kernel

December 8th:
    • synced with LineageOS, including December's security patches
    • kernel hardening against buffer errors
    • many vulnerabilities affecting several Qualcomm kernel drivers have been patched
    • minor optimization for jemalloc (Android's memory allocator)

November 16th:
    • synced with LineageOS
    • HDR & Portrait modes in Essential's camera app now work
    • kernel: several fixes and updates
    • the kernel now is built using a full LLVM toolchain (even the integrated assembler)

November 5th:
    • synced with LineageOS + November's security patches

October 17th:
    • PixelPropUtils + patches from PixelExperience to unlock Pixel-only features in Gapps and pass SafetyNet
    • a few improvements and fixes in the kernel
    October 9th:
    • synced with LineageOS (+ October's patches)
    • fixed log spam related to VoLTE (thanks Ricky Cheung)
    • kernel: disabled debugfs (reduces debugging overhead for many drivers)
    • kernel: updates for ZRAM and the LZ4 compression driver
    • kernel: other minor tweaks and updates
    • kernel: security fixes (thanks to our maintainer Kevin)

September 9th:
    • synced with LineageOS + September's patches
    • integrated Cloudflare and AdGuard private DNS
    • built with global -O3 optimizations

August 7th:
    • synced with LineageOS + August's security patches
    • "poor audio quality in video recording" bug has been fixed!
    • updates for ART
    • optimizations and improvements for bionic's memory routines
    • F-Droid privileged extension build in the system

June 9th:
    • Rebased on the latest tag from Google (android_12.1.0_r7)
    • June's security patches
    • new ripple effect from ProtonAOSP
    • updated and optimized SQLite library
    • minimum screen brightness reduced
    • minor tweaks to system frameworks and ART

May 24th:
    • initial build, 100% equal to LineageOS except for the following aspects
    • support for signature spoofing
    • some debugging removed from ART
    • device-specific bug fix: improved swipe-to-unlock experience (fix has landed in official repos)
    • device-specific bug fix: VPNs are supported (fix has landed in official repos)

DOWNLOADS
    LineageOS 21: on Github
    LineageOS 21 recovery image: on Mega
    Gapps: https://github.com/MindTheGapps/14.0.0-arm64/releases
    LineageOS 20: starting from April 2023, my builds are hosted here on Github - older builds on SourceForge
    LineageOS 20 recovery images: SourceForge

SOURCES
    All my repos are on Github. In particular: device tree, kernel sources.

A BIG "THANK YOU" TO
    the whole LineageOS team, and the multitude of great developers of the Android custom ROM scene, such as kdrag0n, kerneltoast (Sultanxda), arter97, nathanchance, neobuddy89, flar2, franciscofranco, frap129, the MSM-Xtended project, the crDroid project, the GrapheneOS team, the YAAP team, the DivestOS team and the xda user MuddyDog. I hope I have not forgotten anyone.
    Hi, a new build is available, with May's security patches and, *drumroll*... Fixes for all of Klik's issues! Everything is working now, including the 360 cam, and there are no more crashes when switching to B&W mode or to the front cam.
    Hello, official LineageOS 19 nightlies will be available for mata in a couple of days circa. I'll start building my 19-based ROM in the next few weeks. Expect the first build to be available before the end of the month :)
    POST-INSTALLATION ADVICE

RECLAIM SOME PRIVACY AND BLOCK LOTS OF ADS

19.1, 20 & 21: Open Settings > Neworks & Internet > Advanced > Private DNS and choose "AdGuard DNS"
    18.1: Manually set "dns.adguard.com" as the Private DNS.

SETTING UP SANDBOXED GOOGLE PLAY (LineageOS 20 only)
    Open the "Apps" app, tap on the three dots in the top right corner, tap on Show all packages, then choose Google Play Store, and then tap on the install button. This will install Google Play Services, Play Store, and Services Framework as normal, sanboxed user apps, while allowing for an almost complete compatibility with Google Play APIs.
    A few notifications will appear, shortly after, asking for some permissions. Just allow what they ask for.

INSTALLING MICROG
    I recommend installing MicroG using this Magisk module: https://github.com/nift4/microg_installer_revived

SETTING UP MICROG
    Open MicroG's Settings, and make sure all checkboxes are ticked in the Self Check section.
    LineageOS 20 only: I also suggest disabling the "Apps" application, that is bundled in the system, as it will try (and fail) to replace MicroG with normal Google Play Services.

SETTING UP VIPER4ANDROID

PASSING PLAY INTEGRITY/SAFETYNET
    Important information: since now Google bans spoofed fingerprints very often, whenever you are unable to pass Play Integrity you need to grab the latest apk file available here, install it on your device and reboot.

On top of that, you need to have Gapps or microG installed in order to pass Play Integrity. If you choose microG, enable its SafetyNet toggle in its settings.

Additionally, the following steps are needed only if you have got Magisk on your phone:
    1. In Magisk's settings, enable Zygisk
    2. Reboot
    3. In Magisk's settings, tap on Configure DenyList
    4. In the three-dot menu, tick Show system apps and Show OS apps
    5. Scroll down and look for Google Play Services.
    6. Tap on it (don't tap on its checkbox!), the list item will expand and show additional sub-items
    7. Enable the checkbox related to the process called com.google.android.gms.unstable
    8. Look for Google Services Framework and tap on its checkbox (there are no hidden sub-items here)
    9. Return to Magisk's settings and enable Enforce DenyList
    10. Reboot
    You should now pass Play Integrity!
    New build available! Featuring November's security patches plus several interesting kernel updates and improvements, such as DDR bandwidth boost on app startup (should improve app launching time a bit), memory allocation speed & overhead improvements, Wireguard support and DriveDroid support. I haven't tested Wiregaurd and DriveDroid, so try them if you can and let me know if they work.
    The speakerphone issue is still under investigation, I haven't had enough time to look at it lately.