Development [ROM][S][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 19.1 for POCO X3 Pro [vayu]

Search This thread

gringo80

Account currently disabled
Jun 8, 2018
Exactly! For me, that is a serious issue, as anyone standing near me can hear everything being spoken on the other side. And call volume is quite loud, even on lowest setting.

How come ArrowOS 11 got that fixed, but not LineageOS? It's been reported quite a while back...
I will repost the full audio fix again here, (posted months ago ... i don't remember wich page to link !)

Here are the features :

- fix "Earpiece" volume
- fix voice over handset (Telegram, Duo & Signal)
- Audio recording : use HQ mic (no more muffled sound / loud & crystal clear)
- Video recording : use high audio bitrate
- Speakers : use true 24-bit stereo playback
- Bluetooth : aptX™ HD [up to 48KHz/24-bit]
- SoundFX : use them corretcly with AudioFX app (effects were inverted when switched ON !)
- audio daemons : lower CPU usage in background

I stronlgy recommend to use my TWRP version wich allows flashing MODS "corretcly" ... LOS recovery is not recommended !

If you are interested to my full LineageOS 18.1 MOD for [vayu/bhima], go here ... but read the features.txt before !

Attachments

• [TWRP][LOS 18.1] Full Audio Optimization [vayu][bhima].zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 84
Last edited:

Tomo123

Jan 2, 2013
Thank you for providing this. Someone will find the solution welcoming, but I, personally, would rather wait for the official fix... if it ever becomes available.

gringo80

Jun 8, 2018
Thank you for providing this. Someone will find the solution welcoming, but I, personally, would rather wait for the official fix... if it ever becomes available.
The maintainer is (likely) not interested by audio quality in anyway ... and since the basic stuff meets the LOS requirement, then never expect any improvement especially if the maintainer is busy with other devices.

FYI, audio issues for vayu/bhima are present since the beginnig and have never been fixed till now in the official builds (about 6 months or more) ... and here are the known issues :

. Earpiece : output volume too high
. Call out not heard in TG, Duo & Signal (when using audio call only)
. Audio Recording : muffled and too low
. Speaker : output limited to 16-bit
. BT : aptX limited to 44KHz/16-bit
. Audio Effects inverted : when you switch ON, the effects disapper with weird hollow BASS
. MP3/M4A playback : AudioFX doesn't take any effect !
. audio services : high CPU usage

So, if you can deal with this forever or want to wait ... then, good for you !
(y)

Last edited:

stevarino

Feb 22, 2017
The maintainer is (likely) not interested by audio quality in anyway ... and since the basic stuff meets the LOS requirement, then never expect any improvement especially if the maintainer is busy with other devices.

FYI, audio issues for vayu/bhima are present since the beginnig and have never been fixed till now in the official builds (about 6 months or more) ... and here are the known issues :

. Earpiece : output volume too high
. Call out not heard in TG, Duo & Signal (when using audio call only)
. Audio Recording : muffled and too low
. Speaker : output limited to 16 bits
. BT : aptX limited to 44KHz/16 bits
. Audio Effects inverted : when you switch ON, the effects disapper with weird hollow BASS
. MP3/M4A playback : AudioFX doesn't take any effect !
. Audio services : high CPU usage

So, if you can deal with this forever or want to wait ... then, good for you !
(y)

Hi
Is it possible to just swap the default_volume_tables.xml with your xml file when i just want lower volumes?

yevac

Jun 14, 2020
Tried this mod from gringo80 on latest lineageos 18.1 build and latest orange fox recovery. It did install but not without errors.. Also I could not delete the folders advised due to a similar error. This then caused my phone to bootloop. Well, phone loaded in and worked for about 15 seconds and then it froze up.

I reflashed latest lineage nightly and it seems to have fixed everything. Probably won't try this mod again! I should mention too, I am using no gravity kernel 2.2.1 so maybe that caused issues with this mod? Not sure.

Was thinking to try arrowos 12.1 or crdroid 12.1 to resolve small sound bug but I don't think its worth the PITA of backing up everything and starting fresh. Imagine lineageos 19.1 will appear soon

Reactions: k3lcior

gringo80

Jun 8, 2018
Tried this mod from gringo80 on latest lineageos 18.1 build and latest orange fox recovery. It did install but not without errors.. Also I could not delete the folders advised due to a similar error. This then caused my phone to bootloop. Well, phone loaded in and worked for about 15 seconds and then it froze up.

I reflashed latest lineage nightly and it seems to have fixed everything. Probably won't try this mod again! I should mention too, I am using no gravity kernel 2.2.1 so maybe that caused issues with this mod? Not sure.

Was thinking to try arrowos 12.1 or crdroid 12.1 to resolve small sound bug but I don't think its worth the PITA of backing up everything and starting fresh. Imagine lineageos 19.1 will appear soon
Then use my TWRP version as it allows flashing MOD "properly" and manage everything in /data. It has been already mentionned Up. I did that 1 billion times with no issue.

OrangeFox is may be bugged now ... who knows, i don't use it !

If you feel that flashing is too hard for you, take your time to learn from google step by step everything you need before !

Edit :
the errors you got are because you didn't read the features.txt
You must reboot to TWRP again after flashing your nightly build, then you can flash the whole MOD ... it's mentionned.

Next time read the instructions !

(y)

Last edited:

Nollie8969

Dec 31, 2016
So.. latest build did the job well. Why not try Fork Lineage 19 ? Please ..

Last edited:

yevac

Jun 14, 2020
Then use my TWRP version as it allows flashing MOD "properly" and manage everything in /data. It has been already mentionned Up. I did that 1 billion times with no issue.

OrangeFox is may be bugged now ... who knows, i don't use it !

If you feel that flashing is too hard for you, take your time to learn from google step by step everything you need before !

Edit :
the errors you got are because you didn't read the features.txt
You must reboot to TWRP again after flashing your nightly build, then you can flash the whole MOD ... it's mentionned.

Next time read the instructions !

(y)
Well I'm flashing devices a long time now, clearly, that doesn't make me a professional.

I appreciate the solution you propose but its something that I couldn't get to work and I'm not prepared to spend more time on. Just to add, I did actually read your instructions in the text file, this is how I knew there were 3 folders to be deleted after flashing your mod. As Tomo123 noted, I'm sure somebody will find your solution helpful. Thanks for sharing.
So.. latest build did the job well. Why not try Fork Lineage 19 ? Please ..
I just noticed this is sebaubuntu telegram

Attachments

• Polish_20220512_103934742.jpg
    Polish_20220512_103934742.jpg
    386.7 KB · Views: 247

gringo80

Jun 8, 2018
Well I'm flashing devices a long time now, clearly, that doesn't make me a professional.

I appreciate the solution you propose but its something that I couldn't get to work and I'm not prepared to spend more time on. Just to add, I did actually read your instructions in the text file, this is how I knew there were 3 folders to be deleted after flashing your mod. As Tomo123 noted, I'm sure somebody will find your solution helpful. Thanks for sharing.

I just noticed this is sebaubuntu telegram
deleting the 3 folders is only for the full MOD, for the audio fix it's not needed. you clearly don't understand anything i wrote !

Nollie8969

Dec 31, 2016
SebaUbuntu is very much alive. Last 2 builds of 18.1 failed https://buildkite.com/lineageos/android-nightly

I asked around on Telegram (SebaUbuntu's chat), but he's busy on other phones. No priority to Vayu towards 19.1.

He has a test build from april 27 https://lineage.sebaubuntu.dev/
I will probably try this build instead of forks like CrDroid/Forklineage/Voltage

New Xiaomi's are apparently difficult. Even Surya (Poco x3 NFC) was official but removed for a week.

Reactions: Hakan(I9300)
SebaUbuntu is very much alive. Last 2 builds of 18.1 failed https://buildkite.com/lineageos/android-nightly

I asked around on Telegram (SebaUbuntu's chat), but he's busy on other phones. No priority to Vayu towards 19.1.

He has a test build from april 27 https://lineage.sebaubuntu.dev/
I will probably try this build instead of forks like CrDroid/Forklineage/Voltage

New Xiaomi's are apparently difficult. Even Surya (Poco x3 NFC) was official but removed for a week.
Oh thanks i got you. Probably I prefer waiting for official 19.1 instead try unofficial one .

TheMrTesla

Aug 22, 2021
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Last OTA update (friday May 27) triggered the Android rescue party trigger in TWRP after having a bootloop. This resulted in me having to wipe data and reflash everything. Anyone else having this same issue?

Top Liked Posts