Development [ROM][S][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 19.1 for POCO X3 Pro [vayu]

Search This thread

Onyx369

Jun 18, 2022
So basically it appears bricked in perpetual fastboot or OFF (corrupted TWRP isnt seen and the system locks to fastboot and stays there then switches off)

I adjusted the boot sequence in developer to start in recovery (as it wasn't there fastboot is next) - BIG MISTAKE

I had TWRP and it was working b4. Followed instuctions to update and it wouldnt boot to recovery so I tried to force it with the developer option and bricked it. The TWRP app did something wrong.

I can't get the drivers to function at the moment for Win10 and Ubuntu, if I can get the USB to talk then need to put in a new recovery from PC to fix it as far as I can work out

Any help would be useful if anyone knows a fix thanks

Last edited:

makeyourself

Aug 26, 2012
So basically it appears bricked in perpetual fastboot or OFF (corrupted TWRP isnt seen and the system locks to fastboot and stays there then switches off)

I adjusted the boot sequence in developer to start in recovery (as it wasn't there fastboot is next) - BIG MISTAKE

I had TWRP and it was working b4. Followed instuctions to update and it wouldnt boot to recovery so I tried to force it with the developer option and bricked it. The TWRP app did something wrong.

I can't get the drivers to function at the moment for Win10 and Ubuntu, if I can get the USB to talk then need to put in a new recovery from PC to fix it as far as I can work out

Any help would be useful if anyone knows a fix thanks
How exactly did you "adjust the boot sequence"? There isn't an option to do that, even under development settings. You can reboot to recovery, but the next time you reboot it will go back to normal.

You're going to have to work out how to get fastboot working on your PC yourself. But if you can do that then all you need to do is download the TWRP image for Vayu and run fastboot boot <path to twrp img file>. That'll get you back into TWRP then you can go from there.

Or... download the latest official stock firmware for your region, extract the firmware and flash each partition with fastboot. I believe there is also still some sort of Xiaomi flash tool to do that, I'm not sure if it's official anymore though.

Be careful because messing up firmware flashing (or even recovery flashing) can easily hard brick your device.

Onyx369

Jun 18, 2022
How exactly did you "adjust the boot sequence"? There isn't an option to do that, even under development settings. You can reboot to recovery, but the next time you reboot it will go back to normal.

You're going to have to work out how to get fastboot working on your PC yourself. But if you can do that then all you need to do is download the TWRP image for Vayu and run fastboot boot <path to twrp img file>. That'll get you back into TWRP then you can go from there.

Or... download the latest official stock firmware for your region, extract the firmware and flash each partition with fastboot. I believe there is also still some sort of Xiaomi flash tool to do that, I'm not sure if it's official anymore though.

Be careful because messing up firmware flashing (or even recovery flashing) can easily hard brick your device.
Cheers.. you on the money there, appreciated

I will endeavor to get the fastboot / drivers in order and pull it from the ashes

there is a developer setting to extend the off options and i chose for recovery on start up then it skips the recovery as TWRP got corrupted and stay fast and hard in fastboot..

There is one other possibility but i got wait a few days... let the battery go dead and then add juice and hope it starts back from fresh - fingers crossed

You nailed it above and thanks

edit - this is useful if anyone stuck in fastboot, several solutions

Last edited:

CrossFoxOne

Jun 21, 2022
Moto Z
Moto Z2 Force
Hello everyone, im having this issue when attempting the OTA update with the updater or sideloading via recovery

The installation of 19-20220610-NIGHTLY-vayu build and Gapps went smoothly and the phone works like a charm, im just getting this error when im trying to update to the latest build with OTA or sideload

IMG_20220621_025542.jpg

vcarbajo

Feb 26, 2011
*** Quickly written ***

Prerequisite:
- https://wiki.lineageos.org/adb_fastboot_guide
- remove Magisk if installed
- update PowerShell for Windows: https://aka.ms/powershell-release?tag=stable

OS = Windows

Go to Settings and Enable Developer Options
Enable USB Debugging
Enable Rooted Debugging
Now plug in POCO X3 pro to PC and extract the latest ih8sn-aarch64.zip files if you haven't yet.
(https://github.com/luk1337/ih8sn/releases/tag/latest)
Open extracted folder
Edit ih8sn.conf using Notepad, delete all lines and replace by:
Code:
BUILD_FINGERPRINT=POCO/vayu_global/vayu:11/RKQ1.200826.002/V12.0.4.0.RJUMIXM:user/release-keys
BUILD_SECURITY_PATCH_DATE=2021-03-01
BUILD_VERSION_RELEASE=11
MANUFACTURER_NAME=Poco
PRODUCT_NAME=PocoX3Pro
Open CMD/PowerShell from the folder
Now run :
Code:
.\push.ps1 -use_remount
Tip: edit push.ps1 before running ps1 file ... you will understand why "-use_remount" is required.
Reboot your device
Check if safetynet passes.
Clear storage of Google, Google Play service and Google Play Store apps ... and then restart your device ... in order to get Play Protect certification
Enjoy .... (ih8sn survives OTA updates ... Of course)

OS = linux
Same procedure and push (sh) the push.sh file with use_remount =1 option via a terminal (su)
Code:
./push.sh --use_remount
Tip: edit push.sh before running sh file ... you will understand why "-use_remount" is required.

Edit (18/06): Thks @dey18 !
Code:
BUILD_SECURITY_PATCH_DATE=2021-03-01
BUILD_VERSION_RELEASE=11

Thanks for the answer!
I passed safetynet. :cool:

Aug 12, 2015
Hello everyone!

I've got a little issue and have no idea if this is the right place here - anyway:

TOPIC 1:

In TWRP I try to mount /data and it asks me for a password.
I tried three tricks:
1) Xiaomi-password
2) "default_password"
3) And the pattern-todigit trick
... nothing worked

Using twrp-3.6.2_11-0-vayu

Thanks in advance! Cheers!

Last edited:

Phalcore

few questions:
1 no wide camera?
2 how to change color of settings menu without buyig repainter?
3 how to block phone by hacking by foreig people? i meann in miui eveyrything is locked and here easy access to twrp etc? how to make phone data etc safe if sommeone steal it?
4 easiest way to root?

Eric_Lev

Jan 27, 2019
Angers
androidfilehost.com
Is there any easy and safe way to upgrade form 18.1 to 19.1?

or

Last edited:
Reactions: misosofos

Nollie8969

Dec 31, 2016
Hello everyone, im having this issue when attempting the OTA update with the updater or sideloading via recovery

The installation of 19-20220610-NIGHTLY-vayu build and Gapps went smoothly and the phone works like a charm, im just getting this error when im trying to update to the latest build with OTA or sideload

Inbuild backup-tool is going wrong. Lineage supports Mind the Gapps. I had same with Nikgapps. Did clean install.

Before that, formating also went wrong. Pieces of Nikgapps were hard to wipe. I went to Twrp to format, back to Lineage recovery, new wipe/format and clean install + mind the gapps.

I hope the smart people on Telegram (Kurtn) are right. Let's see this weekend.

Last edited:

misosofos

Apr 4, 2018
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro

or

Thanks. It doesn't seem so simple to me, so... And a little bit risky.

misosofos

Apr 4, 2018
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Not sure why you want/need to rename the package file name. But from memory this worked fine for me:
1. Upgrade TWRP to latest official version
2. Flash Xiaomi firmware update (link posted above somewhere) with TWRP
3. Flash Lineage update with TWRP
4. Flash Magisk with TWRP
5. Personally I then flashed GApps.
6. Wipe cache / dalvik cache
7. Reboot

Just be aware that once you reboot TWRP will no longer be able to decrypt /data due to TWRP bug with Android 12 firmware. Although personally it works for me if I delete fingerprints and pass code.
I did all that but the MintheGaps installation failed... And my device won't boot :-(
It keep stuck on the logo animation.

Edit: I had to format data to be able to boot... At least my phone is not bricked. By now my bank apps are not working...

Last edited:

makeyourself

Aug 26, 2012
I tried literally everything but couldn't get Google Pay to work. Other bank apps are working after installing SafetyNet Fix + magisk props
Download YASNAC from F-Droid (or Play Store if you must) and run Safety Net attestation. You should get passes for "basic integrity" and "CTS profile match". If you fail either then you aren't passing Safety Net and will need to investigate further.

If you pass then wipe all data from the Google Pay app and try again. I've never had any issues once I'm passing Safety Net and its working for me right now on LineageOS 19.1.

martinknl

Mar 22, 2016
Amsterdam
Since I upgraded to 19.1 my phone does not pickup Wifi channels between 100-144 (so 5Ghz) anymore. Unfortunate as I was using channel 132. It still does see channels 36-64.

When I disable and enable WiFi it does connect to channel 132. But after a reboot it only connects to 2.4 Ghz.

Edit: Issue disappeared in lineage-19.1-20220624

Last edited:

misosofos

Apr 4, 2018
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Download YASNAC from F-Droid (or Play Store if you must) and run Safety Net attestation. You should get passes for "basic integrity" and "CTS profile match". If you fail either then you aren't passing Safety Net and will need to investigate further.

If you pass then wipe all data from the Google Pay app and try again. I've never had any issues once I'm passing Safety Net and its working for me right now on LineageOS 19.1.
Thanks for your reply. I got it to work after installing safetynet fix.

Reactions: makeyourself

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just dirty flashed from 18.1 to 19.1, which went fine, but... google's new, bloated quick settings drop-down menu layout is killing me. Is there any way to get back the old layout, without the utterly unnecessary labels on the tiles? I can recognise icons just fine, thanks.
    Hi. The Mi Flash doesn't work some driver issue and the firmware needs an update.

What is the fastboot instruction please to update firmware? It is the partition bit that I don't know. Sample instruction I got online below.

fastboot flash partition-name file-name-with-extension
    IT MUST BE NAMED WITH THE SAME CODENAME OF YOUR DEVICE.
    Codename of your device, ig its "vayu" if you are using poco x3 pro. Just download the zip for vayu and adb sideload it
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 12L (Sv2), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS GitHub repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Downloads
    Here

Flashing instructions
    Here

Sources:
    LineageOS

Happy modding!
    Thanks for finally releasing LineageOS, but you devs are 3 months too late... ArrowOS has inadvertently stolen my heart in your absence, lol.
    Someone asked?
    vayu goes LOS19.1 release
    coming soon next friday - is out now!

thx @SebaUbuntu for your work
    New update out
    Thanks for finally releasing LineageOS, but you devs are 3 months too late... ArrowOS has inadvertently stolen my heart in your absence, lol.