Development [ROM][S][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 19.1 for POCO X3 Pro [vayu]

Search This thread

lsander

Jun 28, 2012
Gdynia
Huawei P9 Lite
Redmi Note 8
I don't think there is, or if there is then it's not very easy to find which is why that question was asked. The official build can't decrypt /data fully without deleting all lockscreen passwords and fingerprints. Neither can the unofficial one posted above. Which leads me to the question as politely as you're clearly capable of asking, what are YOU talking about?
So why then one from here decrypt my data using pattern without a problem? Man it is decrypting data and it is confirmed by manyyyy people around xda and telegram

yasen6275

May 6, 2020
So why then one from here decrypt my data using pattern without a problem? Man it is decrypting data and it is confirmed by manyyyy people around xda and telegram
If you are not using LOS on your main phone or don't mind to be a beta tester, that's ok. Thanks for the contribution to the community. Some of us don't have that time/luxury/opportunity.

makeyourself

Aug 26, 2012
It would be helpful if you could link to exactly which build you're talking about (there are multiple official and unofficial ones posted in that thread). All the ones I'm trying can't decrypt /data/media/0. Also do I need to reformat /data again in order to get this decryption to work, as some people seem to be suggesting?

Edit: I got it working with this build:
https://www.pling.com/p/1833617/

I had to format /data first though (again), decryption wouldn't work otherwise. And thanks but at the same time a little less ego flexing / attitude wouldn't go amiss next time.

Last edited:

misosofos

Apr 4, 2018
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
WARNING: I soft bricked my phone trying this the first time and had to format /data to get it working again. Back everything up if you're going to try it.

The answer is yes, but with a lot of hassle in my experience. The reason it doesn't work at the moment is linked to the fact that TWRP (and other custom recoveries) can't decrypt /data on Android 12.

The solution is this fork of Magisk made for the very purpose of getting Magisk to survive OTA updates when recovery can't decrypt /data:
https://github.com/programminghoch10/Lygisk

WARNING 2: That fork only supports LineageOS Recovery. When I tried it with TWRP that's when I got the soft brick. I then wiped and reinstalled everything, including LineageOS Recovery, Lygisk and an older version of LineageOS 19.1. When I then updated LineageOS using the OTA updater, the update went fine and Lygisk survived the update OK too.
Thank you so much, man. I'm using precisely the LOS recovery.

Reactions: makeyourself
Dec 24, 2020
It would be helpful if you could link to exactly which build you're talking about (there are multiple official and unofficial ones posted in that thread). All the ones I'm trying can't decrypt /data/media/0. Also do I need to reformat /data again in order to get this decryption to work, as some people seem to be suggesting?

Edit: I got it working with this build:
https://www.pling.com/p/1833617/

I had to format /data first though (again), decryption wouldn't work otherwise. And thanks but at the same time a little less ego flexing / attitude wouldn't go amiss next time.

Did you had a password/pattern when you flashed the new twrp 12. I had the decryption issue. Booting system, removing and adding pattern again, fixed my decryption issue.

s_k_u_ll

Oct 4, 2010
Not sure why you want/need to rename the package file name. But from memory this worked fine for me:
1. Upgrade TWRP to latest official version
2. Flash Xiaomi firmware update (link posted above somewhere) with TWRP
3. Flash Lineage update with TWRP
4. Flash Magisk with TWRP
5. Personally I then flashed GApps.
6. Wipe cache / dalvik cache
7. Reboot

Just be aware that once you reboot TWRP will no longer be able to decrypt /data due to TWRP bug with Android 12 firmware. Although personally it works for me if I delete fingerprints and pass code.
I have followed this steps, everything worked ok.
After reboot, I have installed latest Nebrassy recovery TWRP-3.6.2-vayu-Nebrassy-03-07-22.img and I can decryt data

Reactions: makeyourself

viperinc

Apr 3, 2016
Just updated from 11 to 12 today via dirty flash and so far so good.
Here's what I did;

1. Downloaded latest version of MindTheGapps for 12L.
2. Downloaded TWRP-3.6.2-vayu-Nebrassy-03-07-22.img
3. Downloaded latest 19.1 LinageOS daily.
4. Extracted boot.img and created MagiscBoot image.
5. Removed lock from existing 18 linage. The nebrassy twrp can't decode android 11 for some reason (works on 12).
6. Reboot to Recovery
7. Flash nebrassy twrp and reboot to recovery
8. Flash LinageOS 19.1
9. Flash nebrassy twrp recovery
10. Flash magisc boot image
11. Flash MindTheGapps
12. Clear cache/dalvik
13. Reboot

After adding fingerprint and lock, twrp can decode.

And that's it. All my apps and data remained
Pass safety net, gpay working. Happy days

Last edited:

makeyourself

Aug 26, 2012
You don't need to bother extracting the boot.img obviously. Although you can do it that way if you want, just flashing the Magisk zip in recovery directly after flashing Lineage will do the same thing. Just saying for others who aren't confident extracting and flashing kernels. The rest of what you said sounds like good advice.

shootomanUK

Jun 6, 2010
Is anybody using chrome browser ?...mine seems to freeze for a few seconds while browsing....anyone any ideas ?

MrHaroldA

Aug 26, 2011
Brabant!
I flashed LOS 19.1 over 18.1 today, together with MindTheGapps and Magisk. All went well and everything seems to work just fine!

I did have to remove my lock pattern and fingerprint, but that's the only thing that was maybe slightly annoying ;)

Thank you all for keeping this phone alive!

--

EDIT: alle seems to work fine, except for both my banking apps (Rabobank and ASN bank) crashing when they want to access the fingerprint reader. BitWarden works fine with biometric authentication, so it must be related to the banking software, not the hardware or LOS.

Last edited:

Hamikoshadow

May 17, 2016
Another problem/ bug:

I'm not able to update via Android Updater. It prepares the Update and aborts with an Error. Update via SD card in lineage recovery fails too and breaks the SD card.

Only way right now is to update via fastboot.

Actual OS: Lineage OS 19.1 1.July update
+ Lygisk
+ recommended Gapps

Where can I find error logs to provide them?

Nollie8969

Dec 31, 2016
I just updated to today's version via Ota. No problem. I use mindthegapps, no lygisk.

Don't know about logs.

Nollie8969

Dec 31, 2016
Anyone had succes on ih8sn with Seba's file ? (Page 41). Cts is still failing on mine; Los19. Did clean Gapps and reboot.

Jvlc

Dec 2, 2017
OnePlus 6
Realme X50 5G
Has anybody installed any Xposed framework under lineageOS 19.1? Any particular issues found?

I'm planning to upgrade from LineageOS 18.1 to 19.1 but wouldn't like to loose some (currently EdXposed) modules.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Has anybody installed any Xposed framework under lineageOS 19.1? Any particular issues found?

I'm planning to upgrade from LineageOS 18.1 to 19.1 but wouldn't like to loose some (currently EdXposed) modules.
    I've got LSPosed installed via Zygisk and it seems to work fine, athough I've only used one module so far (SIM number setter).
    Just updated from 11 to 12 today via dirty flash and so far so good.
    Here's what I did;

1. Downloaded latest version of MindTheGapps for 12L.
    3. Downloaded latest 19.1 LinageOS daily.
    4. Extracted boot.img and created MagiscBoot image.
    5. Removed lock from existing 18 linage. The nebrassy twrp can't decode android 11 for some reason (works on 12).
    6. Reboot to Recovery
    7. Flash nebrassy twrp and reboot to recovery
    8. Flash LinageOS 19.1
    9. Flash nebrassy twrp recovery
    10. Flash magisc boot image
    11. Flash MindTheGapps
    12. Clear cache/dalvik
    13. Reboot

After adding fingerprint and lock, twrp can decode.

And that's it. All my apps and data remained
    Pass safety net, gpay working. Happy days

Unfortunately this didn't work for me, although I added an intermediate step to install MIUI firmware for Android 12. My device is now stuck at the dynamic boot logo with the circles shifting from right to left.

Starting system:

lineage-18.1-20220603-nightly-vayu-signed.zip
    twrp-3.6.0_11-0-vayu
    Magisk 23.0
    EdXposed 4.6.2

This is what I did:

1. Downloaded latest version of MindTheGapps for 12L (MindTheGapps-12.1.0-arm64-20220605_112439.zip)
    3. Downloaded lineage-19.1-20220708-nightly-vayu-signed.zip
    4. Downloaded latest Magisk-v25.1.apk (and renamed it as .zip)
    5. Downloaded latest Xiaomi firmware (fw_vayu_miui_VAYUEEAGlobal_V13.0.2.0.SJUEUXM_0866da46d4_12.0.zip)
    6. Removed lock from existing 18 Linage.
    7. Rebooted to TWRP Recovery (version 3.6.0_11-0-vayu)
    8. Flashed nebrassy twrp and reboot to recovery
    9. Flashed Xiaomi firmware update with TWRP
    10. Flashed LinageOS 19.1
    11. Flashed the Magisk zip with TWRP
    12. Flashed (again) nebrassy twrp recovery
    13. Flashed MindTheGapps
    14. Cleared cache/dalvik
    15. Rebooted

Every step was succesful, and the whole procedure took less than 5 minutes. However, my device is not rebooting to system (I can boot to recovery though). Any ideas what might be broken? or what should I try next? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Just dirty flashed from 18.1 to 19.1, which went fine, but... google's new, bloated quick settings drop-down menu layout is killing me. Is there any way to get back the old layout, without the utterly unnecessary labels on the tiles? I can recognise icons just fine, thanks.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 12L (Sv2), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS GitHub repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Downloads
    Here

Flashing instructions
    Here

Sources:
    LineageOS

Happy modding!
    Thanks for finally releasing LineageOS, but you devs are 3 months too late... ArrowOS has inadvertently stolen my heart in your absence, lol.
    Someone asked?
    vayu goes LOS19.1 release
    coming soon next friday - is out now!

thx @SebaUbuntu for your work
    New update out
    Thanks for finally releasing LineageOS, but you devs are 3 months too late... ArrowOS has inadvertently stolen my heart in your absence, lol.