Development [ROM][S][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 19.1 for POCO X3 Pro [vayu]

Search This thread

jimithebear

Aug 19, 2022
I updated the firmware on my phone, and for a few days now I haven't had a freeze. @makeyourself and @jimithebear are you both running the latest firmware? The only other change I made (other than updating the firmware) was to cap my refresh rate to 60 Hz to extend battery life.

I believe firmware V13.0.5.0.SJUMIXM has been included since build lineage-19.1-20220805-nightly-vayu-signed.zip looking at the official changes for vayu page. I've been updating every Friday hoping the issue will get fixed.

I also tried your suggestion and lowered the minimum framerate from 120Hz to 60Hz and disabled the smooth display option. The issue does seem less prominent these last few days but I've just experienced a freeze attempting to scroll a Google Search results page.

orbabu

Jan 11, 2010
While pairing Bluetooth enabled dashcam, unsupported device error is coming and the dashcam app is crashing. Any solutions for this??

k3lcior

Feb 23, 2011
Kraków
Moto G5
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Not if you are following the official instructions here: https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/vayu/install

Factory reset is step 3.
Sideloading lineage zip is s
Then it either doesn't matter or it's an error on LineageOS part, pretty much every ROM on XDA for Vayu says to format after flashing the ROM.

ArrowOS:
Instructions
FIRST INSTALL?:
  • Remove any fingerprint, PIN, or password in MIUI
  • Unlock the bootloader
  • Transfer ROM to internal storage
  • Install any suitable recovery
  • Flash ROM zip file
  • Do a data wipe in recovery (format data)
  • Reboot to the system, wait and enjoy
crDroid
Flashing Instructions from any custom ROM (Thanks to Raf & @kamild_)
• Backup all your data.
• Transfer ROM and other zips (such as Gapps or Magisk) to internal storage, SD card or USB drive.
• Boot/reboot to recovery.
• Flash recommended MIUI firmware 12.5.5.0.
You can find them here. If you're already on it, you can skip this step. You can flash the fastboot version of the MIUI stock ROM through Mi Flash tool / Fastboot too but the procedure is slower.
• Flash CrDroid ROM.
• Flash GApps (Optional step) FlameGapps
• Flash Magisk (Optional step, only if you want root)
• Format Data > type "yes" and press enter (different from the "wipe data" option)
• Reboot to system
EvolutionX:
Flashing Guides:
1. Reboot to Recovery
2. Wipe Dalvik/ART Cache, Data, and Cache on Advanced Wipe
3. Flash ROM
4. Flash DFE (optional)
5. Format Data, type "yes" and press enter
6. Reboot to System and #KeepEvolving!

Last edited:

aasoror

Jun 24, 2008
Kitchener, ON
Xiaomi Mi A2
Then it either doesn't matter or it's an error on LineageOS part, pretty much every ROM on XDA for Vayu says to format after flashing the ROM.

ArrowOS:

crDroid

EvolutionX:
While Lineage might be the most popular one it's certainly not the only one to call for that sequence (be it for the x3 pro specifically or community builds in general) :) guides are already in related threads here and I didn't check releases past the first page of the X3 pro forum.

Pixel Experience: reset then flash

Elixir: reset then flash
Project Elixir for the Poco X3 Pro [vayu/bhima]

CLEAN FLASH (Moving From A12 to A13)

- Download the latest build
- Take a backup for safe side
- Boot to Recovery
- Format Data by typing yes
- Flash the latest build
- Reboot

crDroid 8: reset then flash
BE3pE0l.png

Code:
*** Disclaimer
I am not responsible for any damage you made to your device
You have been warned

First Time Installation:
* Backup before you begin
* Reboot to provided or TWRP based recovery.
* Format Data , even coming from crDroid 7.x
(otherwise you may not able to boot ROM due to encryption complexities)
* Flash ROM via adb sideload
* Flash Gapps + Gapps Search addon via adb sideload
* Reboot and profit!

AICP: reset then flash

AICP
Android Ice Cold Project

How to flash for the first time:
(Again: Don't do it if you don't know!)

1. Download the ROM and GApps and transfer them to your device.
2. Boot to recovery (TWRP is recommended, the lineage recovery is a great alternative however, it will not decrypt the internal storage so you will have to flash the rom with adb sideload or usb OTG or with an external sdcard).
3. Wipe the System (DO NOT WIPE THE SYSTEM ON A/B DEVICES!), Cache, and Data (you might need to format the data partition!).
4. Flash the ROM zip file (reboot to recovery before flashing anything else if you have an "A/B" device).
5. Flash the GApps (optional, needed for e.g. Google Playstore to work)
6. Reboot and set up your device.
7. You can then reboot to recovery and flash the root solution of your choice if you want to, and then boot back to the system.

Elite Rom: reset then flash
fVQHaqp.jpg

Elite ROM

For POCO X3 Pro (vayu)

Installation Instructions:

- Make sure you are decrypted. EU/MiuiMix and other roms use encrypted data. Format if you coming from other roms.
- Flash Rom zip with latest recovery.
- Flash selinux.zip or FlashAfterRom.zip file if its a Port Rom else it wont boot (get file from our tg group)
- Once rom boots, open Elite Settings and open each menu one by one to fix some coloring stuff in statusbar etc.
- Thats it, enjoy the smoothness of rom ;).

MIUI Cloud 5: either ways

Evolution X: reset then flash then format data (for cleanup)

Evolution X 7.0 for the Poco X3 Pro [vayu]
Flashing Guides:
1. Reboot to Recovery
2. Wipe Dalvik/ART Cache, Data, and Cache on Advanced Wipe
3. Flash ROM
4. Flash DFE (optional)
5. Format Data, type "yes" and press enter
6. Reboot to System and #KeepEvolving!

DO NOT FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED

Full instructions, you can follow this link.

ArrowOS: flash then reset

I have been in the scene since ROMs were a PDA thing that is "cooked" from binaries not built from source :) and this is basically how I always did it, it will not make a difference if the ROM doesn't touch your user data partition (back in the old days devs used to do all kinds of tricks and hacks), but when you can't tell for sure (especially if you are installing addons on top of it) then it's safer to do it prior to flashing unless installation guide tells you otherwise.

Also, installer mishaps will always be a problem even when one doesn't have the option to clean up after it (updates).

Last edited:

hikigayaaaa

Jun 28, 2016
While Lineage might be the most popular one it's certainly not the only one to call for that sequence (be it for the x3 pro specifically or community builds in general) :) guides are already in related threads here and I didn't check releases past the first page of the X3 pro forum.

Pixel Experience: reset then flash

Elixir: reset then flash

crDroid 8: reset then flash

AICP: reset then flash

Elite Rom: reset then flash

MIUI Cloud 5: either ways

Evolution X: reset then flash then format data (for cleanup)

ArrowOS: flash then reset

I have been in the scene since ROMs were a PDA thing that is "cooked" from binaries not built from source :) and this is basically how I always did it, it will not make a difference if the ROM doesn't touch your user data partition (back in the old days devs used to do all kinds of tricks and hacks), but when you can't tell for sure (especially if you are installing addons on top of it) then it's safer to do it prior to flashing unless installation guide tells you otherwise.

Also, installer mishaps will always be a problem even when one doesn't have the option to clean up after it (updates).
Thank you so much.

Reactions: aasoror

RRosh

Oct 28, 2015
I switched from MIUI 12.5.9.0

Bugs I encountered so far are these:
1. Bluetooth doesn't connect to anything
2. Notification LED doesn't work for notifications. It works for charging though.

Annoyances I encountered switching from MIUI:
1. Screenshot gesture is gone. Now I have to use the accessibility shortcut.
2. Screen lock widget, or status menu shortcut isn't there.
3. Camera is not good. Using google cam now.

Pros I encountered switching from MIUI:
1. Very lightweight, battery life is doubled. (I only do day-to-day tasks)
2. Most built-in apps can be disabled.
3. USB connect menu has a lot of options.

The stable GApps I found is this. It has only Play Services and Play Store.

baerenbisch

Feb 8, 2013
HI,

for me it seems infrared port doesn't work. Tried some remote control apps for my tv but they all make no connection to the tv.

Can someone confirm IR Port will work ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi everyone, has anyone ever had trouble taking screenshots with this ROM? It is difficult for me and rarely takes the combination
    Yes in this topic, I and someone else also faced the issue. To me this occurred since 18 --> 19.1
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 12L (Sv2), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS GitHub repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Downloads
    Here

Flashing instructions
    Here

Sources:
    LineageOS

Happy modding!
    Thanks for finally releasing LineageOS, but you devs are 3 months too late... ArrowOS has inadvertently stolen my heart in your absence, lol.
    Someone asked?
    New update out
    vayu goes LOS19.1 release
    coming soon next friday - is out now!

thx @SebaUbuntu for your work
    Thanks for finally releasing LineageOS, but you devs are 3 months too late... ArrowOS has inadvertently stolen my heart in your absence, lol.