• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.
  • If you are experiencing issues logging in, we migrated and software and made it more secure. We recommend trying to reset your password.

[ROM][S4][WIP] CM10.2 on HTC One S [official nightlies]

bobjbain

Sep 12, 2006
Poole
all fine here except known issues--will test gps tomorrow

not sure if it was mentioned, but you all do know how to get to dev options and check usb debugging--
"Click your heels together three times and say 'There's no place like home' and you'll be there."

Or alternatively Click 7 times on Build Number in Settings->About Phone.

Question about 10.1, does the multi User option screw up the sdcard mount points like it did on my Nexus 7.

That is, instead of /sdcard there is now /storage/emulated/0/??

DigitalMonk

Sep 15, 2010
I'm still having some GPS issues. It works fairly well on the 11/25 build. Sometimes though, it takes awhile to realize that I'm not in some random default location it likes to start at. I have also tried toggling between bluetooth antennae and internal, haven't noticed much of a difference. I haven't given the latest nightly a shot yet. Might do so tomorrow when I'm not working.

I also noticed that my cell signal keeps dropping. This just happened a few days ago, and I am guessing it is because of the strong winds we recently had. Anyway, when there is no data connection, it seems like the GPS doesn't even update.

I could be wrong, but these are just things that I am observing.
A quick update based on my experience yesterday (yeah, I went a little overboard clearing stuff but wanted to make sure I was starting as fresh as possible). Went ahead and flashed CM10 (staying away from CM10.1 until a few more problems are resolved). I was coming from ViperOneS 1.2.0 so I did a factory reset/wipe, wiped system, flashed 12/10 nightly, cleared dalvik and cache, flashed 20121011 jb gapps, cleared dalvik and cache, rebooted into bootloader and flashed the boot.img from the nightly. Installed Google Nav from the Play Store. Restored everything else via Titanium.

Turned on GPS for the drive home. It locked within seconds and stayed locked (and I didn't do any of the GPS tweaking mentioned earlier in this thread). Google Nav still FCs (although it's up in the notification tray so it doesn't totally crash). I also use CoPilot nav and it worked fine so the GPS issue for me is definitely isolated to Google Nav.

xkonni

Jan 16, 2010
berlin
uploading this build was a mistake tbh but glad you like it.

we still have some problems
  • camera
  • bt audio routing
  • headset detection
  • vsync works! but causes some tearing
  • ril starts slow, sometimes toggles airplane mode
  • minor stuff

but hoping to solve them soon.
i dont think we'll update this thread for each single fix.
you can check commits on https://github.com/htc-msm8960

and if some major issues are fixed i'll upload a new build to http://ville.giev.de/downloads/experimental/

enjoy!

cdrom1028

Jul 22, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
plus.google.com

• camera
  • bt audio routing
  • headset detection
  • minor stuff

and if some major issues are fixed i'll upload a new build to http://ville.giev.de/downloads/experimental/

enjoy!
Will You be starting a new thread for 10.1 or do we just keep checking back for the updates?

Thanks for the hard work....

Navik57

Sep 21, 2009
El Paso
im running latest right now, when i first boot it, i had problem with the GPS also.
i just need to turn off the "Access to My location" from the settings and unchecked-checked the GPS Satelites option.
After that, GPS works perfect.
Just curious, are you using the bluetooth antenna, or internal? It might just be an issue with Ingress.

G

GuestX0019

• camera
  • bt audio routing
  • headset detection
  • minor stuff

enjoy!
Thanks for the build--running well except for camera and bt. I have your build that ends in time stamp 231511 test keys. That doesn't match your two 12/10 exp build time stamps from link above. Should it? Do I have latest build. Dl'd it last evening US EST.

Google Maps works fine for me on lock and having turn-by-turn voice prompts that list street names. Haven't had the street names on latest cm nightlies and Viper. Not sure why?

Anyway, appreciate all your work--:)

klutch

Jul 18, 2007
Bronx,Ny
hows everyone phone is working meaning boot up and all n i still cant get there? i erase everything to meaing factory reset ,cache, system and delvik cashe, and now its stuck on HTC it feels it boots up while HTC logo n buttons lights up,something is not right and i did everything possible and posted it the pictures on the discussion 10.1, what i am doing wrong :confused:

EDIT: Never mind ........

Last edited:

inetdua

Sep 6, 2012
I have a problem with CM10.0. While the inclusion of bluetooth and wi-fi access points, after the phone goes into sleep mode, the wi-fi mode hangs. At the same time it hangs and bluetooth.

mustang00066

Jan 6, 2011
On latest 10.0 nightly.

Wifi Tethering stops with screen off. Is everyone having this?

Nav was giving me some problems with cutting out data and losing lock, but it seems to have worked itself out.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my HTC One S using xda app-developers app

ahartowo

Nov 1, 2012
Jakarta
Just curious, are you using the bluetooth antenna, or internal? It might just be an issue with Ingress.
I'm using internal GPS.
However, it's been a couple days, I sometimes got FC on Google maps.

It might not be because of GPS.

I got lots of FC on other apps too though.
Flipboard and Apollo.
Right now my Apollo won't open, it always says "Unfortunately Apollo has stopped." =(

Last edited:

droidkevlar

Mar 27, 2010
I'm using internal GPS.
However, it's been a couple days, I sometimes got FC on Google maps.

It might not be because of GPS.

I got lots of FC on other apps too though.
Flipboard and Apollo.
Right now my Apollo won't open, it always says "Unfortunately Apollo has stopped." =(

have you tried clearing data and fc it and then open it? thats what works for me

Reactions: ahartowo

nickmv

Jan 12, 2011
Memphis
On latest 10.0 nightly.
Wifi Tethering stops with screen off. Is everyone having this?

I feel like I'm beating a dead horse every single time I bring this up, yet it never seems to be listed as an issue with any builds. Tethering has not been working correctly since early October (10/03 build to be exact), and has never worked on the 10,0 stable build either, yet it seems like it's falling on deaf ears every time it's mentioned.

Sorry, not trying to *****, but every time I DONT see tethering in the issues list, I wonder "do they just not care to list it, just not care to fix it, or are trying to avoid it, or WHAT?" Certainly devs are aware aren't they?

Devs -- any info? Sorry to be blunt -- much respect due to you and your work is appreciated.

Last edited:

xkonni

Jan 16, 2010
berlin
I feel like I'm beating a dead horse every single time I bring this up, yet it's never ever listed as an issue with any builds. Tethering has not been working correctly since early October (10/03 build to be exact), yet it seems like it's falling on deaf ears.

Sorry, not trying to *****, but every time I DONT see tethering in the issues list, I wonder "do they just not care to list it, just not care to fix it, or are trying to avoid it, or WHAT?" Certainly devs are aware aren't they?

Devs -- any info? Sorry to be blunt -- much respect due to you and your work is appreciated.
define "correctly". works for me, but it may stop when the phone goes into deep sleep, you can just change settings so that it doesnt.

Our Apps
Get our official app! (coming soon)
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone