[ROM][S4][WIP] CM10.2 on HTC One S [official nightlies]

Search This thread

Superchill11

Mar 25, 2011
Good rom

I am enjoying your rom on my HTC One S. I have a question about an issue I've had with a wired headset. When I've received calls with the headset plugged in the other party says they hear and echo on their line. I then unplug the headset and the phone mic works fine. I am curious if the settings in CM don't disable the phone mics when a wired headset with a mic is plugged in causing an echo. I know this isn't an issue with the stock sense rom. Anyone have an idea on this? Thanks for your work on the ROM.

Cheers!

Albino_Mexican

Nov 27, 2012
Sorry but I don't know. I am not really a Dev; just able to follow a build tutorial and cherry pick a few commits.

Sent from my HTC One S using XDA Free mobile app

vbbasti

Jun 23, 2012
Is this stable version of cm10.2 more stable then the cm11 nightlies? Tried cm11 in may, the phone got really hot from time to time and had a lot of reboots.

Thanks for your response!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 03:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 PM ----------

Is it possible to provide these files via different service then ubuntuone? Thanks

After running 10.2 for a long time, I've been running CM 11 for 3 - 4 month, and have experienced comparable stability from the following:
21/3, 21/5, 6/6 and 6/7
Between 21/3 and 21/5 there were a lot of merging of theme choser, which introduced random lockups, but since 21/5 they have been weeded out.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk

vbbasti

Jun 23, 2012
After running 10.2 for a long time, I've been running CM 11 for 3 - 4 month, and have experienced comparable stability from the following:
21/3, 21/5, 6/6 and 6/7
Between 21/3 and 21/5 there were a lot of merging of theme choser, which introduced random lockups, but since 21/5 they have been weeded out.

Did you have any problems with overheating? How looks your main environment (hboot/s-off/s-on/...). Thanks helping me!

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:
I have felt a bit of elevation in heat on some of the builds I've tried, but mostly it's been caused by my usage.

Streaming mkv files from the media center seems to get the phone heated up pretty quickly.

With regular use, it doesn't seem to happen, mails / text / phonecalls / checking-scheduling calendar appointments during calls / using the phone as my only navigation device on a regular basis with trips of +5 hours in length.

Granted I use Copilot as the navigation software instead of Google maps, so I haven't seen any of the odd problems others have reported in this combination.

If my memory serves me well, I'm on HBOOT 1.15 (unlocked), radio 1.20, S-OFF, Super CID (manipulated to 11111111) using TWRP-2.7.1.0

Using the current nightly (7/6), I'm experiencing a battery drain of 1.2% per hour on normal usage, I've seen a drastic improvement in this between 26/5 to the one I'm on now.

I tend to go for the nightlies that are reported as mostly stable, and stay away from picking the latest greatest, since this is my only phone and my work depends on me being able to communicate/visit customers spanning the northern parts of Europe.

With that in mind, the company phone system allows us to pickup calls directed to the main number and pass them through to colleagues so this phone is also a testbed of the implemented support for USSD codes and phone conferences in the latest android.

I hope this elaboration has given you some insights to how the current CM 11 (4.4.3) is performing.

Best regards.

Reactions: m1schi and vbbasti
K

katanowaki

I've had a good 2 year run with this phone and I've had CM on it pretty much the whole time, it's nice to see stable builds still rolling out. Thanks for the reviews, after the 20/4 build I stopped flashing nightlies because everything was so unstable. 20/4 was good save for the wonky Google Maps. I'll have to flash it one more time with the 10.2 you recommend and keep it around as a media device.

I just put my order in for the Oneplus One yesterday. Hopefully I'll enjoy it as much as I did this Vile. I still get all day on a charge with it, that's some insane build quality HTC.

amh.online

Jul 31, 2013
Tehran
Hı. I installed CyanogenMod 10.2 stable. But I dont know how can I listen to Radio with handsfree. Without using Internet base apps. Just digital signal like before that I use stock sense as my user interface and htc Radio app.
Tnx

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk4

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk4

naevtamarkus

Aug 2, 2011
Is this stable version of cm10.2 more stable then the cm11 nightlies? Tried cm11 in may, the phone got really hot from time to time and had a lot of reboots.

Thanks for your response!

---------- Post added at 03:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 PM ----------

Is it possible to provide these files via different service then ubuntuone? Thanks

Hi,

I would also like to have access to the 10.2 stable + stability patch for Google Maps... but ubuntuone has closed.

Does anybody have it?

And yes, I agree: it would be wonderful to just add the patch to the stable 10.2 release.

Thanks!

ungraphic

Aug 31, 2011
Toronto
Somebody please explain all this to me as if I were a 5 year old (all the tutorials and guides ive looked ALWAYS skip important steps):

I have the HTC One S that's been rooted with Torxx's guide. Currently I'm running MIUI 3.1.11 (Android 4.0.4) and am getting tired of some of the limitations and small bugs present with it and really want to update to Cyanogenmod 10.X. I currently have the following at my boot screen:

*** TAMPERED ***
*** UNLOCKED ***
VLE PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-1.13.0000
RADIO-0.17.31501S.10_2
OpenDSP-v28.1.0.32.05044
eMMC-boot
Apr 20 2012, 15:14:18

Here's where everything goes to hell for me with the ridiculously confusing steps of getting CM working on the One S;
1) I'm aware I need S-OFF and have been told rumrunner is best, but can't find a guide for that anywhere in the ONE S forums.
2) I then see from this S-OFF guide that I need superCID first but what the hell is that and why do I need it? Should I follow this guide?
3) Nowhere in this thread does it mention anything about Hboot 2.15 but I see this being thrown around various threads and roms about hboot 2.15 anyway. Is this the firmware update or separate? If separate, can I not install CM 10.2 (or even 10.1.3) with hboot 1.13?

If I simply get S-OFF and follow the firmware stuff from this link, can I go ahead with downloading CM 10.2 and GAPPS and flash from TWRP (I'm on vers. 2.6.3.0.)

God, if there's someone in the Toronto, Canada area I'd gladly pay them to do all this... I can't believe the number of hoops one needs to jump through and the incredibly terrible explanations everywhere, every guide/tutorial I've come across always skips important details.

HELP, PLEASE?

Last edited:

kdd998

May 19, 2014
Rennes
First backup everything!

Then you'll need to update your HBOOT from 1.13 to 2.15. By far the easiest method is to use an RUU to update your phone.
Search for an RUU list thread for One S (ville) and try to find the one for your operator. It's an EXE for windows, it should work.

After that, no need to S-OFF. You'll have to:
  1. flash a new recovery with fastboot (TWRP or CWM)
  2. install the latest CM 11 snapshot rom (avoid 10.2 it's outdated) with the recovery you just flashed
  3. flash the boot.img (kernel) with fastboot

Try to read the official documentation on CyanogenMod website.

If you want to update CM11 later you should try to get S-OFF.

Last edited:

ungraphic

Aug 31, 2011
Toronto
First backup everything!

Then you'll need to update your HBOOT from 1.13 to 2.15. By far the easiest method is to use an RUU to update your phone.
Search for an RUU list thread for One S (ville) and try to find the one for your operator. It's an EXE for windows, it should work.

After that, no need to S-OFF. You'll have to:
  1. flash a new recovery with fastboot (TWRP or CWM)
  2. install the latest CM 11 snapshot rom (avoid 10.2 it's outdated) with the recovery you just flashed
  3. flash the boot.img (kernel) with fastboot

Try to read the official documentation on CyanogenMod website.

If you want to update CM11 later you should try to get S-OFF.

I found this RUU guide for Hboot 2.15: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2501542

Will that work?

kdd998

May 19, 2014
Rennes
Yes but I'm not sure about the relock thing. Try without relocking the bootloader first, it's always a painful process to unlock.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo.png

This is the official development thread for CyanogenMod 10 on the HTC One S [S4]

Recommended

bullet-fromtheblog.png
    unlocked phone: Facepalm s-off or Moonshine s-off
    bullet-fromtheblog.png
    custom recovery: TWRP or Phil's CWM
    bullet-fromtheblog.png
    updated firmware: you need to update your firmware to use the 3.4x kernel click me

Instructions

bullet-fromtheblog.png
    download or build from source
    bullet-fromtheblog.png
    download gapps
    bullet-fromtheblog.png
    wipe unless you're upgrading from an earlier CM10 ROM
    bullet-fromtheblog.png
    flash rom in recovery
    bullet-fromtheblog.png
    flash gapps in recovery
    bullet-fromtheblog.png
    unless you have s-off, fastboot flash boot boot.img​

Source Code

bullet-fromtheblog.png
    github

Changelog

Downloads

Contact

bullet-fromtheblog.png
    IRC #cyanogenmod-ville on irc.freenode.net
    bullet-fromtheblog.png
    Website
    bullet-fromtheblog.png
    Report a Bug (only report bugs for stable builds not nightlies!)

Credits&Thanks

bullet-fromtheblog.png
    Cyanogenmod Team
    bullet-fromtheblog.png
    Intervigil
    bullet-fromtheblog.png
    xkonni​
    MOD Notice

Please refrain from just posting "Thanks" it just clutters up the thread before it has began. It makes it easy for us all to keep a eye on the progress, when the thread is clean. We have a thanks button, use it!​
    //reserved for my 1st logcat
    Nightlies should start tonight.

Installation requires you be on 2.15.00.0000 HBOOT, as that's pretty much a check for making sure your firmware is up to date.

Also it doesn't seem possible to get hardware HDR to play nicely with 720p/1080p recording right now. There's some strange behavior with the capture-mode parameter.
    if thats what its going to take I'll start the donations

No need for donations (though you could buy my Camera App if you like, it works really well on Ville).
    I'll take a look at the 10.1 camera when I have some time.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.marginz.snap