• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][S7562] CM 10.1 and 10.2

Which is better performer on our device?

• Total voters
Search This thread

billysam

Oct 3, 2014
CyanogenMod (CM 10.1)
Android 4.2.x & CyanogenMod (CM10.2) Android 4.3.x
Note: This is build from source for the device s7560 jellybean Rom, this is the same rom that also works on s7562 device, which is, same as our device in everything except it's a single sim phone.
I tested them on my device and it works the smoothest and fastest, I have ever gone on S duos. OC kernel works good, apart from that this is not recommended for daily users.

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.x (Jelly bean), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
#include 
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 * these are highly experimental files, for our devices.
 */

About CM
CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Bugs

Not Working
  • Rear camera input is rotated in stock camera app (Use a third-party app such as CameraMX) (only in 4.2.2)
  • Camera only supports 3 megapixels (CameraMX supports 4 megapixels)
  • Bluetooth is not working
  • No Mobile network no dual sim support.
  • Off Mode Charging Doesn't Work
  • Data usage section in settings is non-existent
  • FM Radio

Working
  • Wifi
  • and everything else other than above list.

Screenshots for CM10.1
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

ScreenShot for CM10.2
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Note that this Pic is from a S7562 device and not really a s7560M device

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Installation
  • Copy GApps and CM-Rom ZIPs to your internal SDCard
  • Boot into Recovery
  • wipe data factory reset
  • wipe cache
  • wipe dalvik cache
  • format system
  • Reboot recovery once
  • Flash CM-Rom ZIP from internal SDCard
  • Flash GApps zip from internal SDCard
  • Reboot

Downloads and Links
Thanks jonypx09 and SeannyM Here
CM10.1 Download
Google Apps for Android v4.2.2 (Jelly Bean)

Give thanks to Codename13 here
CM10.2 Download
BA2x kernels

Contributors
@jonypx09
@SeannyM
@Codename13

Miscellaneous Information:
The development of jellybean stopped years ago and it is unsupported until today. it has some major bugs regarding network, bluetooth, offline charging, FM radio. but those of us who use this phone as nothing more than a toy or use wifi for browsing internet, can try these for themselves and see how good this device can perform. Asking devs to help us here is too much and really these bugs aren't easy to solve, I know Because I tried and failed myself. well codename13 has his work saved on github for cm10.2 and anyone who wants to try to be a successful dev can check it here on github

Attachments

• 20160216020406.jpeg
    20160216020406.jpeg
    145.2 KB · Views: 10,541
  • 20160216020534.jpeg
    20160216020534.jpeg
    169 KB · Views: 10,493
  • 20160216020545.jpeg
    20160216020545.jpeg
    152.9 KB · Views: 10,390
  • 20160216020559.jpeg
    20160216020559.jpeg
    151.1 KB · Views: 10,226
  • 20160216020612.jpeg
    20160216020612.jpeg
    119.7 KB · Views: 10,125
  • 20160216020722.jpeg
    20160216020722.jpeg
    91.5 KB · Views: 9,991
  • 20160216014450.jpg
    20160216014450.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 9,072
  • 20160216014425.jpeg
    20160216014425.jpeg
    156.7 KB · Views: 9,104
  • 20160216014549.jpeg
    20160216014549.jpeg
    174.7 KB · Views: 9,218
  • 20160216014657.jpeg
    20160216014657.jpeg
    162.8 KB · Views: 9,442
  • 20160216014719.jpeg
    20160216014719.jpeg
    153 KB · Views: 9,544
  • 20160216014815.jpeg
    20160216014815.jpeg
    149.6 KB · Views: 9,579
  • 20160216015548.jpeg
    20160216015548.jpeg
    149.1 KB · Views: 9,470
  • 20160216015625.jpg
    20160216015625.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 9,610
Last edited:

billysam

Oct 3, 2014
Hey
I tried this ROM and it is real smooth.
Had a question is this project ended or we are going to have update in future?

Sadly, Yes.
right now, nobody is interested in updating this, this is really smooth and fast, and I feel this could be best for our device minus the ril bug. I tried kitkat, but there I know, it's never going to be this smooth, plus most of the apps could run on jellybean, so it's better than staying on ics, which has lesser app support now. the devs of s7560 have avoided this cause of the bug and moved on to cm11. It's better there but for me cm11 is slower than 10.1 too. I do hope someone could try to fix this. I tried, but I don't have that much resources to build a rom and knowledge to sort out these bugs. If i could, I would have done it myself.

balindam bajpai

Sep 2, 2015
lucknow
@kengnatural and @KlinkOnE if you all can also look on this page
if anyone of you can build a good kernel for this rom it would be good to go and is also much better than cm11 relative to the performance and smoothness part

---------- Post added at 11:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 AM ----------

@billysam
thumbs up
and i think there has been a kind of confusion.
those are cm10.1 and cm10.2 but in the main thread where screenshots are posted u have written cm10.2 and cm10.3

kengnatural

May 5, 2011
Istanbul
if anyone of you can build a good kernel for this rom it would be good to go and is also much better than cm11 relative to the performance and smoothness part

---------- Post added at 11:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 AM ----------

[/COLOR @billysam
thumbs up
those are cm10.1 and cm10.2 but in the main thread where screenshots are posted u have written cm10.2 and cm10.3

Nice to see that there is more than one option to play width. I'd like to say that although a kernel is the essential part of the operating system, in particular Android ecosystem, this itself is not enough to build a full working ROM. In our case i think the kernel we used with CM11 is already working, nice and smooth. There are also stock kernel for ICS and kylesopen kernel. All they could be used here. But for porting the ROM you also should carefully port a lot of native libraries. Bluetooth, radio, etc. That's why the kernel will not solve the bugs. The same situation is for CM11. Kernel is working fine, but some of the native libraries are ported as binary from ICS rom, there are some inconsistencies between higher level subsystem and native libraries, HAL etc.
@billysam, please, investigate the CM11 build, you can take some libraries from there. The RIL part in CM11 is already working (thanks to @m4jonez) you can investigate and reuse that part. The same thing is bluetooth and camera.

Last edited:

KlinkOnE

Oct 13, 2013
GDR

@billysam
thumbs up
there is no native dualsim support in cm10.x
you`ll have to find the right commits from cm11 and adapt it to cm10

billysam

Oct 3, 2014
@balindam bajpai thank you for the corrections and bringing this up with other devs, I tried this rom with Ba2x kernels (link in first post), I flashed all the Ba2x kernels for s7562, they all booted with the above builds but ril, bluetooth camera didn't worked in any case.

@kengnatural and @KlinkOnE
before posting this thread I did a lot of reading and downloaded all the files I could of both these devices CM10.1, CM10.2 and CM11 too. I even tried to download the whole source for JB, but have storage issue on my Linux PC, which is quiet old too, so I can't help in building Rom or kernel for it. I spent my limited bandwidth too but no success.
So, I tried replacing libs from CM11 roms where bluetooth ril and camera where working. the only success I got, the rom stopped flashing the insert sim card error on setup wizard.
couldn't make bluetooth work just by replacing libs, modules, jar .so files, I gave a nice amount of time experimenting with all the files I could think of replacing in this build on my S duos.
Switched basebands too of s7560 on s duos.
I know it's hard to get dual sim support here but single sim will be enough too for starters.?

balindam bajpai

Sep 2, 2015
lucknow
@KlinkOnE
if you could make a kernel compatible with this rom and may be this rom turns out to be the best one
even better than cm11 as already it is much more smooth.
and if you along with @kengnatural can develop this rom
and i and @billysam can help you with the testing part,giving feedbacks and bug reports. @kengnatural thank u for the knowledge given and if could yourself replace the required files and see if ril gets going.

Reactions: billysam

billysam

Oct 3, 2014
@KlinkOnE
if you could make a kernel compatible with this rom and may be this rom turns out to be the best one
even better than cm11 as already it is much more smooth.
and if you along with @kengnatural can develop this rom
and i and @billysam can help you with the testing part,giving feedbacks and bug reports. @kengnatural thank u for the knowledge given and if could yourself replace the required files and see if ril gets going.

I did tried to change ril related so files along with bluetooth and camera from CM11, and it did stop the error sim msg popping up in CM10 builds, but still didn't worked out network on even single sim(that's what I use).

although I would really like devs to lend a hand on this project, but there should be absolutely no pressure on any devs to work and avoid making request for the same consistently asking for ETA or updates that would hamper their ongoing projects.

You can always count me in for testing, any suggestions here are accepted and I will try my best to take out time for this here with proper error reporting.

balindam bajpai

Sep 2, 2015
lucknow
@billysam
i guess u are right
and i have already have had a take with one of the developer and i think that they will develop this also but after having fixed all the bugs of cm11,kinda good strategy i think.
so i think this project is till then postponed.
btw thanks to all.

Reactions: billysam

KlinkOnE

Oct 13, 2013
GDR
I did tried to change ril related so files along with bluetooth and camera from CM11, and it did stop the error sim msg popping up in CM10 builds, but still didn't worked out network on even single sim(that's what I use).

although I would really like devs to lend a hand on this project, but there should be absolutely no pressure on any devs to work and avoid making request for the same consistently asking for ETA or updates that would hamper their ongoing projects.

You can always count me in for testing, any suggestions here are accepted and I will try my best to take out time for this here with proper error reporting.
replacing libs doesn't help anything here.
The rom has to be build from source with the required modifications for dualsim!

As you may have noticed I am even doing nothing cm11 related atm cause I have no time at all.
From my point id say improving cm11 for our device makes more sense.

RaShx27

Mar 2, 2016
Can I try the gapps in this page in the 4.4.4 cm11 rc3 rom?
Because the DevHost links are not at all working for me.
The actual file never gets Downloaded.
So can I try this version of gapps?

joshclaudio

Mar 4, 2014
Pampanga
Can I try the gapps in this page in the 4.4.4 cm11 rc3 rom?
Because the DevHost links are not at all working for me.
The actual file never gets Downloaded.
So can I try this version of gapps?
If you flashed JB GApps to a KK system, chances are:
- They will be installed but with some errors.
- They won't be installed.

Try to download from opengapps.org
Select 4.4 ARM nano or pico package

Sent from my GT-S7562 using Tapatalk

arlaor

Jul 8, 2014
Isnos
i don't understand you
Bugs

Not Working
Rear camera input is rotated in stock camera app (Use a third-party app such as CameraMX) (only in 4.2.2)
Camera only supports 3 megapixels (CameraMX supports 4 megapixels)
Bluetooth is not working
No Mobile network no dual sim support.
Off Mode Charging Doesn't Work
Data usage section in settings is non-existent
FM Radio

Working
Wifi
and everything else other than above list.

Would this mean that it is as a paperweight with WIFI?

Reactions: boy maztoul

SduosGt7562

Nov 23, 2015
Let's build a new extreme well written software for sduos from ground level .open a whatsapp group first and add all who are interested in sduos discussion +918129494904....
Nevermind!all discussion upon cm 12/13 sduos @Nico belic 605

Reactions: boy maztoul

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod (CM 10.1)
    Android 4.2.x & CyanogenMod (CM10.2) Android 4.3.x
    Note: This is build from source for the device s7560 jellybean Rom, this is the same rom that also works on s7562 device, which is, same as our device in everything except it's a single sim phone.
    I tested them on my device and it works the smoothest and fastest, I have ever gone on S duos. OC kernel works good, apart from that this is not recommended for daily users.

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.x (Jelly bean), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     * these are highly experimental files, for our devices.
     */

About CM
    CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Bugs

Not Working
    • Rear camera input is rotated in stock camera app (Use a third-party app such as CameraMX) (only in 4.2.2)
    • Camera only supports 3 megapixels (CameraMX supports 4 megapixels)
    • Bluetooth is not working
    • No Mobile network no dual sim support.
    • Off Mode Charging Doesn't Work
    • Data usage section in settings is non-existent
    • FM Radio

Working
    • Wifi
    • and everything else other than above list.

Screenshots for CM10.1
    attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

ScreenShot for CM10.2
    attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Note that this Pic is from a S7562 device and not really a s7560M device

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Installation
    • Copy GApps and CM-Rom ZIPs to your internal SDCard
    • Boot into Recovery
    • wipe data factory reset
    • wipe cache
    • wipe dalvik cache
    • format system
    • Reboot recovery once
    • Flash CM-Rom ZIP from internal SDCard
    • Flash GApps zip from internal SDCard
    • Reboot

Downloads and Links
    Thanks jonypx09 and SeannyM Here
    CM10.1 Download
    Google Apps for Android v4.2.2 (Jelly Bean)

Give thanks to Codename13 here
    CM10.2 Download
    BA2x kernels

Contributors
    @jonypx09
    @SeannyM
    @Codename13

Miscellaneous Information:
    The development of jellybean stopped years ago and it is unsupported until today. it has some major bugs regarding network, bluetooth, offline charging, FM radio. but those of us who use this phone as nothing more than a toy or use wifi for browsing internet, can try these for themselves and see how good this device can perform. Asking devs to help us here is too much and really these bugs aren't easy to solve, I know Because I tried and failed myself. well codename13 has his work saved on github for cm10.2 and anyone who wants to try to be a successful dev can check it here on github
    Hey
    I tried this ROM and it is real smooth.
    Had a question is this project ended or we are going to have update in future?

Sadly, Yes.
    right now, nobody is interested in updating this, this is really smooth and fast, and I feel this could be best for our device minus the ril bug. I tried kitkat, but there I know, it's never going to be this smooth, plus most of the apps could run on jellybean, so it's better than staying on ics, which has lesser app support now. the devs of s7560 have avoided this cause of the bug and moved on to cm11. It's better there but for me cm11 is slower than 10.1 too. I do hope someone could try to fix this. I tried, but I don't have that much resources to build a rom and knowledge to sort out these bugs. If i could, I would have done it myself.

replacing libs doesn't help anything here.
    The rom has to be build from source with the required modifications for dualsim!

As you may have noticed I am even doing nothing cm11 related atm cause I have no time at all.
    From my point id say improving cm11 for our device makes more sense.
    Let's build a new extreme well written software for sduos from ground level .open a whatsapp group first and add all who are interested in sduos discussion +918129494904....
    Nevermind!all discussion upon cm 12/13 sduos @Nico belic 605