[ROM][S9/S9+][10.0] iodéOS = LineageOS 17.1 + MicroG + adblocker [07/03/2021]

Pehpe

Nov 9, 2013
auf ana Oim
Hi, I want to flash and try this privacy-friendly version of Android.

There is a flashing guide on the ROMs Gitlab page. But there is nothing mentioning TWRP recovery.
I've TWRP-recovery 3.3.1 installed. Can I flash it like a normal custom ROM like RR, Alexis Rom or crDroid...?
If not, then why?

vince31fr

Dec 18, 2016
Toulouse
Hi, I want to flash and try this privacy-friendly version of Android.

There is a flashing guide on the ROMs Gitlab page. But there is nothing mentioning TWRP recovery.
I've TWRP-recovery 3.3.1 installed. Can I flash it like a normal custom ROM like RR, Alexis Rom or crDroid...?
If not, then why?
Yes, you can flash with twrp.

Reactions: Pehpe

Pehpe

Nov 9, 2013
auf ana Oim
Yes, you can flash with twrp.
I already flashed it on sunday. I really like this ROM. The first flashing with TWRP was without any issue and faster than with most other ROMs.
Today i just flashed the White Wolf Kernel. I will give it a try.
Please keep up this awesome ROM. You're needed here. ;)

vince31fr

Dec 18, 2016
Toulouse
Unnecessary comment. Because you're not clarifying what you mean with "unwanted". What apps do you mean? The iodé news app or what?

And you're maybe not enough privacy-aware to see the benefit of an ungoogled LineageOS.
Thanks for your comments!
I suppose that "unwanted apps" may be QKSMS, Carnet, or Magic Earth, ... It is true that we made some choices that cannot suit everyone. One of our goal is to propose a complete experience to newcomers, as easy as possible to setup, with all the basic stuff that everyone needs in a smartphone; that's why we included many apps.
But we are also conscious that many users would like to remove/replace some of them, so we'll soon begin to work on an easy way to choose apps during setup (while still being able to reinstall them without internet access) and remove/readd them at any time.
By the meantime, advanced users can remove them by adb.

krampolec

Aug 23, 2018
Bratislava
Hi,
First of all I like your ROM and thanks very much for it. I plan to use it as my primary ROM.
I have few questions or suggestions :
1. Can you please provide some documentation for iodé AD/malware blocker ? I mean what source lists does it use, can those be configured ? Most answers i have found on your web page here : https://iode.tech/en/iode-solution/
2. Is it possible to replace default camera ? I tried install this one : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sityware.camera_mod_samsung_s9_bitrate_settings and ended up in boot freeze and had to wipe data. I am not complaining, just asking :)

Last edited:

LiNe1771

Dec 18, 2014
Hi,
First of all I like your ROM and thanks very much for it. I plan to use it as my primary ROM.
I have few questions or suggestions :
1. Can you please provide some documentation for iodé AD/malware blocker ? I mean what source lists does it use, can those be configured ? Most answers i have found on your web page here : https://iode.tech/en/iode-solution/
2. Is it possible to replace default camera ? I tried install this one : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sityware.camera_mod_samsung_s9_bitrate_settings and ended up in boot freeze and had to wipe data. I am not complaining, just asking :)
The app you tried to use is for oneui, you can't use Samsung stuff in aosp roms!

detlev24

Jun 5, 2008
Thank you @vince31fr! This ROM seems very promising and I would not be surprised to find an audit at 'Kuketz IT-Security Blog' in future [provider of the captiveportal.kuketz.de connectivity check]. :)

Is there a preferred way of cloning apps, i.e., to use the same messenger with both dual-SIM phone numbers? I didn't use LineageOS for quite a while so please forgive me, if I have overlooked this feature. // Edit: Shelter seems to work great! But it is tricky to transfer contacts to the isolated space...

sorry. i might have used the wrong twrp. Its working now..
Which (TWRP) recovery are you using now?

Last edited:

e996

Sep 11, 2015
loving this so far, thank you so much!!!! im wondering if you have plans to add the "touchscreen sensitivity" feature since upstream lineage has it? to increase the sensitivity when using a glass screen protector. thanks :}

ssceddie

Oct 9, 2008
Hi Guys,
short questions:

I would like to do without google completely, is this rom then less google than a pure LOS rom without gapps?