[ROM][S9/S9+][10.0] iodéOS = LineageOS 17.1 + MicroG + adblocker [07/03/2021]

vince31fr

Dec 18, 2016
Toulouse
Hi Guys,
short questions:

I would like to do without google completely, is this rom then less google than a pure LOS rom without gapps?
Yes and no. There are some modifications that are not in vanilla los like DNS, captive portal, ... But, you have microG which can connect you to google (unless of course you deactivate checkin and gcm options in microG).

Reactions: ssceddie

ssceddie

Oct 9, 2008
Yes and no. There are some modifications that are not in vanilla los like DNS, captive portal, ... But, you have microG which can connect you to google (unless of course you deactivate checkin and gcm options in microG).
but gcm is neccassary for push notification in telegram etc. right?

is there a way to do this in another way? e.g. every few minutes bring the apps to the foreground, with macroDroid for example.

And what are the checkin services for?

ssceddie

Oct 9, 2008
The fdroid version of telegram does not require gcm. But that's true that most mainstream apps require gcm.

Thank you very much for your Answer!!!!
is there a way to do this in another way? e.g. every few minutes bring the apps to the foreground, with macroDroid for example.

vince31fr

Dec 18, 2016
Toulouse
but gcm is neccassary for push notification in telegram etc. right?

I complete my answer.
Checkin service assign your device a unique id, which permits to connect to other services like gcm.
If the connection to gcm is not permanent, notifications would not be reliable at all. At least much less reliable than they already are..

Reactions: ssceddie

7-11

Jan 25, 2021
Hello iodéOS team!
A bug/shortcoming in my opinion is that in dark theme (and pure black) the iodé start-up screen remains white; and also the apps screen background is not black; and there is no option to force apps to use dark theme.

Pehpe

Nov 9, 2013
auf ana Oim
Hi @vince31fr
Thanks for that update. I tried to update to the new version. I did it inside the update provided inside the ROM.
But i'm getting stucked in the Iodé boot screen. After 30 minutes of waiting i also tried to clear the cache. I also loaded the zip manually and tried to flash it in TWRP 3.3.1...
But it didn't help. When i dirty flashed the old version it booted normal again.

I really would love to get this update. Can you help me? That would be great.

vince31fr

Dec 18, 2016
Toulouse
Hello iodéOS team!
A bug/shortcoming in my opinion is that in dark theme (and pure black) the iodé start-up screen remains white; and also the apps screen background is not black; and there is no option to force apps to use dark theme.
I don't think you'll find a themable bootanimation in any rom, although this may be possible.
All apps are made differently, some have black theme and some not, some follow the system theme and some other don't... it would be a enormous job to modify all that !

abuyamizan

Nov 16, 2020
thank's mate, it's works!!
but i have some little error from default email app client, for a couple week i can use email for my yahoomail, but suddenly i can't receive email from yahoo mail (works good for my gmail account), so i delete my yahoo account, and add again, but when setting my yahoo mail account, i can't sign in again. maybe u can solve it. thank you.

Tom1369

Nov 13, 2019
Munich
@vince31fr

Hi, I just hit upon your interesting ROM and read the information in this thread as well as some information on your home page. After the Lineage team had just announced to stop their LOS 17.1 support for the S9/S9+, I am happy that there are still some folks out there, who care for data privacy and maintain a corresponding ROM.

I am running a SM-G960F (dual sim) and had some problems with NFC (not working at all) and GPS/GNSS (only receiving GPS and GLONASS) under LOS17.1. So, I im interested to know:
  1. Does iode provide full NFC support (with extended length) for the SM-G960F (dual sim)?
  2. In addition to GPS and GLONASS, does iode support GALILEO and BEIDOU?
Forgot one detail. Any problems with Magisk under iode?

Merci
Tom

Last edited: