[ROM][S9/S9+][A13] iodéOS = LineageOS 20 + MicroG + adblocker [09/11/2023]

Search This thread

esko1one

Jun 3, 2010
Hannover
So this has been the same for me for Shelter, Island and now Insular. Mybe you can halp me figure out where i might go wrong?

1. Install Insular via Fdroid and start the app
2. Accept and initiate work profile
3. Phone soft reboots
4. After reboot under Settings -> Accounts, i can see that there is new setting for "work" which is supposedly managed by Insular.
5. When i start Insular, it says "work profile cannot be added to this device, please contact your it admin".

So i can't use it. Any ideas what might help?

Edit:
Something is there, but it's not working...
It should not soft reboot. Thats what happened to me at first and it didnt work out. What i did was, delete the work profile, restart the phone and then try again.

Let me know if it worked out.

heintosz

Oct 12, 2012
Idstein
It should not soft reboot. Thats what happened to me at first and it didnt work out. What i did was, delete the work profile, restart the phone and then try again.

Let me know if it worked out.
Unfortunately the same result... Maybe i will try the manual install at some point. But i will have to do some research before i go on this journey :)

esko1one

Jun 3, 2010
Hannover
Unfortunately the same result... Maybe i will try the manual install at some point. But i will have to do some research before i go on this journey :)
Im stupid, I deleted the work profile and then tried creating it with insular again.

Its kinda weird it acts like that. I havent modified anything on the rom so it should definitely work for you as well.

Last edited:

esko1one

Jun 3, 2010
Hannover
Germany is rolling out cell broadcast notifications but my phone didnt get any notifications on test day. I know samsung disabled this feature in the past for germany, because we werent using it. Apparently they have been rolling out software updates for newer samsung phones, which the s9 obviously wont get.

So my question is, is cell broadcast enabled on iode and if not can you consider adding it please?

Reactions: heintosz

Bork Bork

Sep 5, 2019
It should be noted that none of the play store magisk modules actually work on A12+ so might be a good idea to remove them instead since they cause nothing but a boot-loop to occur.

Tom1369

Nov 13, 2019
Munich
I just ran the recent OTA update to install iodéOS 2.9 on my S9. It went smoothly.
As before, great job to the entire iodé team. (y)

Thanks a lot
Tom

niko09

Jan 26, 2023
Yes, I'll guide you through the steps here. The "to-do list" format for flashing instructions is very common, but at first, it can be confusing. First of all I need to assess where you are in your Android tinkering journey:
1. Is your bootloader unlocked? (or do you know how to unlock your bootloader)
2. Do you know how to use Odin, or Heimdall?
3. Are you on the latest firmware?
What to do if I didn't upgrade to the latest firmware before OEM unlock?
I was too impatient and tried to install TWRP before reading carefully all of the docs.
So now, no more stock firmware upgrades are possible :(
Will I still be able to install iodé?
Thanks

What to do if I didn't upgrade to the latest firmware before OEM unlock?
I was too impatient and tried to install TWRP before reading carefully all of the docs.
So now, no more stock firmware upgrades are possible :(
Will I still be able to install iodé?
Thanks
You must install iode-recovery or lineage-recovery for your device. With twrp you can`t install IODE

niko09

Jan 26, 2023
You must install iode-recovery or lineage-recovery for your device. With twrp you can`t install IODE
Thanks! I finally managed to install everything. My problem was launching Lineage recovery without rebooting into stock Android (which erases the custom recovery). I didn't hold the right buttons long enough ;)
And the answer to my question is that having the very latest stock firmware is not that important (at least, for me it was not!)

Superkenel

Nov 6, 2021
Sony Xperia X
Sony Xperia XA2
Since I have updated to the last iodéOs, I have no acess to the root... and the phone is invisible with adb drivers, so I can't root it anymore... the problem is that my phone was downclocked before the update... so actually I can't get the right frequency with adiutor, I can't read an MP4 anymore ( to much lag ), and I can't install TWRP wich has disapear also with the update...
really really disapointed...
any solution ? Because I don't understand.
Sony xperia XA2 pioneer

vince31fr

Dec 18, 2016
Toulouse
Since I have updated to the last iodéOs, I have no acess to the root... and the phone is invisible with adb drivers, so I can't root it anymore... the problem is that my phone was downclocked before the update... so actually I can't get the right frequency with adiutor, I can't read an MP4 anymore ( to much lag ), and I can't install TWRP wich has disapear also with the update...
really really disapointed...
any solution ? Because I don't understand.
Sony xperia XA2 pioneer
XA2 ils an a/b device which includes recovery in its boot partition (which includes the kernel). As such, updating the ROM updates the recovery. If you want to use twrp, you must reflash it after each update.
However, magisk should survive when upgrading... This works for many devices, but not all.

Superkenel

Nov 6, 2021
Sony Xperia X
Sony Xperia XA2
XA2 ils an a/b device which includes recovery in its boot partition (which includes the kernel). As such, updating the ROM updates the recovery. If you want to use twrp, you must reflash it after each update.
However, magisk should survive when upgrading... This works for many devices, but not all.
It didn't, I know for TWRP ;-)... actually I still don't understand why adb fastboot can't see anymore my device, I've retried all drivers in the XA2 install fodler of my computer...
And I don't know how to do without adb fastboot. Nothing on the web for " XA2 H3113 pioneer root android 12, or lineage os 19.1 neither iodé Os "...
May be it's a driver problem, it's look like it, and I don't really remember how I get it work at my first install of iodéOs.
A powerfull 8 cores smartphone, downclocked for ever =D... performance near dualcore...That's so stupid, and I am a little angry not to be warned befoore the f**cking update of iodéOs.
I hate android 12 after 1 week lol !
It's covid 19 ****, ready for EUDI Wallet, with covid tracing ready in it : do not install **** with android 12 core !

The XA2 pioneer with android 11 core has some 4g network at the home of a friend in far countryside ( my old wiko android 6 and my xperia x suzu with android 10 core ( lineage ) have some 4G and H+ network before I've updated it with lineage os 19.1, I've tested it to day and yesterday ! Xperia X on lineage os 19.1 won't get network at exactly the same spot in the house ).
After the iodéOs with android 12 core = nothing on the XA2, before the update everything was like the xperia X on android 10 or the Wiko uFeel still o,n android 6...
And the phone of my friend ( with same provider on android 12 ) don't have any network too since the last android update.

It didn't, I know for TWRP ;-)... actually I still don't understand why adb fastboot can't see anymore my device, I've retried all drivers in the XA2 install fodler of my computer...
And I don't know how to do without adb fastboot. Nothing on the web for " XA2 H3113 pioneer root android 12, or lineage os 19.1 neither iodé Os "...
May be it's a driver problem, it's look like it, and I don't really remember how I get it work at my first install of iodéOs.
A powerfull 8 cores smartphone, downclocked for ever =D... performance near dualcore...That's so stupid, and I am a little angry not to be warned befoore the f**cking update of iodéOs.
I hate android 12 after 1 week lol !
It's covid 19 ****, ready for EUDI Wallet, with covid tracing ready in it : do not install **** with android 12 core !

The XA2 pioneer with android 11 core has some 4g network at the home of a friend in far countryside ( my old wiko android 6 and my xperia x suzu with android 10 core ( lineage ) have some 4G and H+ network before I've updated it with lineage os 19.1, I've tested it to day and yesterday ! Xperia X on lineage os 19.1 won't get network at exactly the same spot in the house ).
After the iodéOs with android 12 core = nothing on the XA2, before the update everything was like the xperia X on android 10 or the Wiko uFeel still o,n android 6...
And the phone of my friend ( with same provider on android 12 ) don't have any network too since the last android update.
With every new Android phone the flashing process is getting more complex every time.
When I did the major step on my Note 10+ just months ago it costed me some sleepless nights to get everything working. Like TWRP-Recovery, iodéOS and Magisk at the same time. Oh boy, that was a fight.

Now I am about to change to S22 Ultra. I don't know if there will ever be a iodéOS for this device. But I'd think twice bevor that major change. So many things could go wrong. I'd prefer to give some extra €/$ to buy a refurbed iodéOS-device which is flashed already.

kot7k

Aug 23, 2011
Hi, first of all thank you for your work.
As far as i know android 13 roms have a problem with bluetooh devices, they cant realibly pair low energy devices like smartbands and i saw something about problems in calls with bluetooth headphones.
I wanted to try this rom as it is still android 12 but with latest security patches and i thougth it wouldn't have those problems... but it has :(((( i just got a call from my wife, connected the bluetooth headphones as i always do and i couldn't hear her... then i disconnected them i she told me she started to hear a very loud distorsion sound.
The headphones themselves work, even on the phone, i can listen to music, the problem seems to be just in calls.
Still didn't try the smartband as i just installed the rom... will report too. Please if you can do something about it i would be much appreciated.

EDIT: it seems i can connect with my smartband without problems for now.

Last edited:

GMK666

Feb 9, 2013
Hey, thanks for your work first of all. I'm pretty happy with iode so far (switched from lineageos).
Unfortunately I have the same issue with calls via bluetooth headsets as kot7k:
i just got a call from my wife, connected the bluetooth headphones as i always do and i couldn't hear her... then i disconnected them i she told me she started to hear a very loud distorsion sound.
The headphones themselves work, even on the phone, i can listen to music, the problem seems to be just in calls.
I own 4 bluetooth headsets. 1 surprisingly works, but 3 have the issue stated above.
Even if all of them are set to the same bluetooth settings in the developer settings (hd off, sbc, 44.1, 16 bits, stereo). Everything is fine, except when making calls. Also tried 2 other calling apps - same thing. Would really appreciate a fix, because this could be a game breaker.

Another thing I found today in the settings of systemprofiles: when selecting a trigger/(Auslöser) the lower part of the display is not used and is making it very hard to select a device.

Thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    iode_logo.png

Introduction

iodéOS is a privacy-focused operating system powered by LineageOS and based on the Android mobile platform. iodéOS aims at protecting the user's privacy with a built-in adblocker and by freeing the smartphone from snitches.

The objectives in the conception of this ROM are threefold:

1. To keep the stability and security level of LineageOS, by minimizing the modifications made to the system. Apart the system modifications required by the adblocker, we mainly only added a few useful options commonly found in other custom ROMs, made some cosmetic changes, modified a few default settings to prevent data leaks to Google servers.
    2. To ease a quick adoption of this ROM by new users. We especially target users that are concerned by the protection of their privacy, but are not reluctant to still use inquisitive apps like Google ones. We thus included MicroG as well as a coherent set of default apps, and simplified the initial setup of the system. Particularly, an initialization of MicroG has been made with GCM notifications allowed by default, a privacy-friendly network location provider (DéjàVu) pre-selected, as well as Nominatim Geocoder.
    3. To provide a new and powerful way of blocking ads, malwares, data leaks of all kinds to many intrusive servers. We are developing an analyzer, tightly integrated into the system, that captures all DNS requests and network traffic, as well as a user interface (the iodé app). Compared to some other well-known adblockers, this has the advantages of:
      • Avoiding to lock the VPN for that use. You can even use another adblocker that uses VPN technology alongside our blocker.
      • Being independent of the kind of DNS server used by the system or set by an independent app: classical DNS on UDP port 53 or any other one, DNS over TLS (DoT), DNS over HTTPS (DoH), ..., as we capture the DNS requests before they are transmitted to the system function that emits the DNS request. What we do not support, is DoH when it is natively built into applications, i.e. when an app communicates directly with a DoH server, without asking name resolution to the system. It would require to decrypt HTTPS packets between such an app and the DoH server, which may create a big security hole.
      • Precisely mapping DNS requests and network packets to the Android apps that emitted (or received) them.
      • Deciding which apps have a filtered network usage (by default, all apps), and which ones can communicate with blacklisted servers.
      Since its first versions, we added many features to the iodé blocker: several levels of protection, fine-grained control over the hosts that should be blocked or authorized, displaying statistics on a map to see the quantity of data exchanged to which countries, clearing statistics... We are actively developing the blocker, and new functionalities will be regularly added.

Features

Changes in LineageOS to prevent data leaks:

• Default DNS server: Google's DNS replaced by Quad9's 'unblocked' servers in all parts of the system.
    • A-GPS: patches to avoid leaking personnal information like IMSI to supl server.
    • Captive portal login: connectivitycheck.gstatic.com replaced by captiveportal.kuketz.de for connectivity check.
    • Dialer: Google default option replaced by OpenStreetMap for phone number lookup.

Pre-installed apps:

We included many useful default apps, but our choice cannot suit everyone; so we added the possibility to remove them. It can be done at the end of the phone setup, or at any time by going to Parameters -> Apps & Notifications -> Preinstalled apps.

• MicroG core apps: GmsCore, GsfProxy, FakeStore.
    • NLP backends for MicroG : DejaVuNLPBackend (default), MozillaNLPBackend, AppleNLPBackend, RadioCellsNLPBackend, Nominatim Geocoder.
    • App stores : FDroid (with F-Droid Privileged Extension) and Aurora Store.
    • Browser: our own fork of Firefox (with Qwant as default search engine, many other ones added, telemetry disabled, parts of telemetry code removed) instead of Lineage’s default browser Jelly.
    • SMS: QKSMS instead of Lineage's default SMS app.
    • Email: p≡p (Pretty Easy Privacy).
    • Camera: our own fork of Open Camera, with a few tweaks.
    • Maps/navigation: Magic Earth GPS & Navigation (the only one free but not open source).
    • Keyboard: OpenBoard instead of AOSP keyboard.
    • PDF: Pdf Viewer Plus.
    • Personnal notes: Carnet.
    • {Ad/Malware/Data leak}-blocker: iodé.
    • News: to keep users informed about our developments, as well as a FAQ.
    • Meteo: Geometric Weather.

Pre-included FDroid repository:

The apps that we tweak or develop (microG services, the browser based on Firefox, the News app, Open Camera ...) are available through a repository that we included in FDroid (check the "Apps for iodéOS" category). For this purpose and to avoid name conflicts of some apps, we also had to make a few changes in FDroid.

Useful options from other custom ROMs:
    • Smart charging (disables charging when a given level is reached, to protect battery health).
    • Fingerprint vibration toggle.
    • Swipe down to clear all in recent apps (Android 10 only).

Installation Instructions

To download and flash our latest build, see https://gitlab.com/iode/ota.
    You can also find here direct links to the latest builds.

Supported devices

Sources

Bug Reporting

You can post a message in this thread or (preferred) open an issue here.

Credits

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of android, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock android for your device.
    All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. If you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit their Wiki for more details.
    This ROM would be nothing without the tremendous work made on MicroG, and all the other open source apps that we included. We are very grateful to their authors.

Contributors

Direct contributors: @iodeOS, @vince31fr
    Indirect contributors (too numerous to list): All the people that contributed to the device tree, to LineageOS, and to the included open source apps.

Sponsoring

You can help in the development of this ROM by paying us a coffee here: https://paypal.me/iodeOS.

Screenshots

iode_home1.png
    iode_home2.png
    iode_drawer.png
    iode_preinstalled.png
    blocker_home.png
    blocker_report.png
    blocker_stream.png
    blocker_map.png
    blocker_lists.png
    blocker_blocked.png
    blocker_block_host.png
    blocker_details_host.png
    [[[ Breaking News: iodéOS 2.0 in beta testing phase ]]]

We're proud to announce that iodéOS 2.0, based on Android 11/LineageOS 18.1, is in beta testing phase (and runs pretty well).
    If you want to join the beta testing team, follow the link in the News App (FAQ, About Iodé, How can I contribute).

BEWARE: the play store magisk module given in the OP (unofficially supported) needs to be updated *before* updgrading to iodéOS 2.0 to avoid a bootloop. You can find the updated version in the OP.
    Thread cleaned up after going off-topic because of an argument.
    Please keep the discussion civil and on-topic. If you're frustrated, xda threads are not the place to let go.
    *** New Update : 04/04/2023 ***

Upgrade to Android 13 / LineageOS 20

Available as OTA (see OP)
    *** New Update : 03/08/2021 ***

iodéOS 2.0 : based on Android 11 / LineageOS 18.1
    Available as OTA (see OP)

BEWARE: the play store magisk module given in the OP (unofficially supported) needs to be updated *before* updgrading to iodéOS 2.0 to avoid a bootloop. You can find the updated version in the OP.