[ROM] [S9/S9+] ArrowOS 11.0 | COMMUNITY [Android 11][05-03-2021]

Search This thread

king1990

Oct 13, 2012
Thanks a lot for this ROM, which works perfect on my starlte! Because I don't want the full gapps package, I used NikGapps-core to only install the base essentials (play store and play services), and it works OK so far.

I do have a question though: I cannot find the options to enable the "night mode" (redshift the display in the evenings). I was assuming it's a base AOSP feature, but is it LineageOS specific?
Night mode (native aosp option) is broken on 9810 and no way to fix it atm, los has an option called livedisplay which is not shipped with this rom.

using nikk gapps might prevent you from updating to newer version, to avoid any issue switch to opengapps which is recommended

When coming from Alexis Rom with ElementalX-Kernel, just wipe system/dalvik/data/cache or do i have to consider anything?

yes but if you are encrypted you need to format data.
(your previous rom should be android 10)

Reactions: PcO7

xavier66

Jan 12, 2014
Night mode (native aosp option) is broken on 9810 and no way to fix it atm, los has an option called livedisplay which is not shipped with this rom.
Thanks for the explanation. The feature gap can be filled with the Twilight application in the meantime.

using nikk gapps might prevent you from updating to newer version, to avoid any issue switch to opengapps which is recommended
Opengapps.org does not publish an Android 11 package yet, and installing the Android 10 one failed (don't recall the error message though), this is why I went with nikk gapps. Is there a Android 11 opengapps package available, that I missed?

king1990

Oct 13, 2012
Thanks for the explanation. The feature gap can be filled with the Twilight application in the meantime.

Opengapps.org does not publish an Android 11 package yet, and installing the Android 10 one failed (don't recall the error message though), this is why I went with nikk gapps. Is there a Android 11 opengapps package available, that I missed?

you can find it here
to switch to opengapps without clean flash do the following:
  • backup first to be safe.
  • wipe system , cache , flash rom , flash opengapps , reboot
  • if everything is working you can update to newer version , otherwise clean flash.

Reactions: abuyamizan

abuyamizan

Nov 16, 2020
you can find it here
to switch to opengapps without clean flash do the following:
  • backup first to be safe.
  • wipe system , cache , flash rom , flash opengapps , reboot
  • if everything is working you can update to newer version , otherwise clean flash.
just couple days try this rom, good battery and clean UI, i flash vanilla rom, and use opengapss from this link, works perfectly and i don't have to root the rom.
thanks dev !!

abuyamizan

Nov 16, 2020
hello, my phone is S9,i flash arrowos 11 vanilla, the rom is great, today i want to check my card with NFC, but the phone do not read it, any suggestion?

PcO7

Jul 19, 2020

yes but if you are encrypted you need to format data.
(your previous rom should be android 10)

I'm sorry that i have to ask, but how can i see if i'm encrypted?
Long ago when first flashed a custom rom i flashed the file called 'no-verity-opt-encrypt'. (Blind following step by step instruction).

So can someone tell me if i have to format data?

Thaaaaanks :)

krucymucy

Dec 14, 2012
Doesn't work for me. After wiping and flashing ArrowOS it just reboot in download mode.
Previously I had installed LineageOS 18.1

vwong

Oct 10, 2014
Thanks for the update. Working great on my S9. Very smooth, fast and Nice build Rom
I am sure support will continue in the future.

Dec 28, 2017
Brussels
arrow web site.jpg

Bobo9996

Jan 23, 2018
any option to disable wallpaper zoom in and out it really giving me motion sickness?
and ty ur rom smooth af even games frametime very stable no micro stutter

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, I am Planning to Flash this As My First Custom ROM on S9+.
    I have Some Questions, It Would be Great if I can get Answer.
    1. Will it Work on Exynos S9+
    2. Banking Apps (I generally Don't Root Device)
    3. Screen On Time or Typical Battery Life (For People who say it Differs by User to User, You can just Tell me in Comparison to Stock OneUi)
    4. Any Issues. (I don't Use Camera that often so if in camera then skip it.)

And Thanks Dev for The Simple and Neat ROM.
    If possible you can Add this question to your FAQ.
    Hey,
    1) if it says it is compatible with exynos, then it will works, if not it provably it won't even install (just make sure you don't download any rom from the snapdragon galaxy s9 forums)
    2) You may need root for that. I didn't use baking apps so I can't say.
    3) in my experience it is more or less the same. If you want better battery life you need a custom kernel as well
    4)Didn't find any issues. I recommend you to use gcam from the Zgcam team. It works well. If it doesn't you may want the Google go camera, which is universal.

Hope this helps your. If you still have questions feel free to ask them 😉
    You may want to try noble rom . It's One ui 3 for galaxy s9 and it supports volte I think
    is there another link to download vanilla version for starlte?
    On Sunday new builds will be uploaded.
    logo.png

ArrowOS

ABOUT
    ArrowOS
    is an AOSP/CAF based project started with the aim of keeping things simple, clean and neat.

Telegram: Channel | TG Portal/Links
    Github: https://github.com/ArrowOS
    Code Review: review.arrowos.net
    E-mail: arrowos.contact
    PayPal: Donate to us
    Blog: blog.arrowos.net

Checkout more documentation at (maintainership/contributing): Check this out

WHAT WORKS?
    • Almost everything

WHAT DOESN'T WORK?
    • Volte, Wifi Calling and other samsung proprietary apps
    Be sure to include a log : check how to

DOWNLOADS

SUPPORT GROUP
    Telegram

Read our blog article/post about:
    * HOW-TO report a bug
    * GAPPS and VANILLA variants
    * Checking build integrity

ROM Source: https://github.com/ArrowOS
    Kernel Source: https://github.com/baddar90/android_kernel_samsung_universal9810

CREDITS
    ArrowOS Team for the rom sources
    @Synt4x.93 for his amazing work and support for S9/S9+/N9
    Community builds are live

About "community" builds , these are official builds hosted on arrowos servers they only miss OTA updater. After a while these builds will become "official" with the updater.

There are two variants for each device a Vanilla (no gapps) and Gapps.

Nikkgapps is no longer recommend, if you are one my previous build and flashed nikkgapps , DON'T UPDATE until you do the following

* First Backup your data
    * Wipe system
    * Flash your current build of the ROM
    * Flash open gapps
    * Reboot
    * If everything is okay , dirty flash rom update. Otherwise clean flash.

Opengapps is recommended one for vanilla builds

Gapps builds should be cleaned flashed to avoid any issues only for the first time , later on you can dirty flash.

If you are coming from another ROM always clean flash.
    Regarding ROM updates :
    * Community Builds will receive 2-3 updates weekly.
    * You don't have to update every time , update whenever you want.
    * Any update can be be dirty flashed , no need to flash every update.
    * Community builds will become official after some time and will have OTA support
    * Check the download link for latest version https://arrowos.net/download
    dEX WOrKS In tHIs rOM?
    Best rom Android 11 tanks
    But widevine L3 Netflix sd
    Any solution ?
    Mine showing as L1 , still didn't use Netflix so I don't know if fhd will work or not. Just make sure to use unmodified stock vendor

Good day mate. How to flash this rom? I did it wipe internal,system,data,cache but stock on downloading mode. I tried boot on system. I used twrp 3.1.1. Thanks.
    You need to be on stock rom (android 10) , use newer twrp > format data > wipe system,data, cache , flash ROM.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone