[ROM] [S9/S9+] ArrowOS 11.0 | OFFICIAL [Android 11] [OTA] [WEEKLY]

Search This thread

testerS4

Mar 7, 2019
Today there was a Magisk update (23000 to 24100) on my i9515 (Lineage 18.1) which I also installed.
My S9 with Arrow 11.0 also wants to update Magisk.
On the S4, I saw that 24.1 no longer offered any modules to choose from. The SafetyNet query has also been omitted.
Now I don't know if the update makes sense or if I can continue to live with the 23.0 version?
(sorry for Engl ... I use translators)/Device: G960F (starlte)

charlis88

Oct 20, 2020
Arrow-v11.0-star2lte-OFFICIAL-20220125-GAPPS

all work GOOD DEV . . . .
little bit issue about brightness not work ....still on dark , any guied how i am fix it please thanks so much for job dev.

Lycon70492

Sep 19, 2016
Before I jump onto ArrowOS 12 (Android 12) I want to try out ArrowOS 11 first. Currently, my S9 Exynos is on build number: G960FXXSHFUJ2 with November 2021 security patch. I do have flashing custom rom experience so I'm not too worried about installing TWRP recovery to this phone as there are relevant tutorials available.

Questions for installation:

1) Which official TWRP version should I use to install ArrowOS 11 and are there any issues with creating and restoring full TWRP backups?

2) Within TWRP, what needs to be wiped first before flashing the rom? I'm pretty sure I'll have to format (type yes) in TWRP before I do any wiping.

Question about the rom:

1) Does ArrowOS have options for volume steps and what's the maximum number?

testerS4

Mar 7, 2019
Before I jump onto ArrowOS 12 (Android 12) I want to try out ArrowOS 11 first. Currently, my S9 Exynos is on build number: G960FXXSHFUJ2 with November 2021 security patch. I do have flashing custom rom experience so I'm not too worried about installing TWRP recovery to this phone as there are relevant tutorials available.

Questions for installation:

1) Which official TWRP version should I use to install ArrowOS 11 and are there any issues with creating and restoring full TWRP backups?

2) Within TWRP, what needs to be wiped first before flashing the rom? I'm pretty sure I'll have to format (type yes) in TWRP before I do any wiping.

Question about the rom:

1) Does ArrowOS have options for volume steps and what's the maximum number?
I've been using version 11 for a long time and it works fine. However, the volume is, as always, set to 15 levels.
The ROM does not allow you to change the levels.
I use the GravityBox in conjunction with Magisk 23.0 and LSposed.
There you can change the volume levels.
I also try version 12 after every update. But I still don't like some purely optical things there. I hope for future updates. But otherwise version 12 runs surprisingly well. But I don't think GravityBox for Android 12 is available yet.
I switch between both ROMs with TWRP 3.6.0.9.1
Backup: Boot, SystemImage, Data
That's enough to restore.
You only have to find out more about the GApps. It will be easiest if you use the ROM including the GApps.
(sorry for Engl ... I use translators)

bilbonotry

Aug 21, 2008
Today there was a Magisk update (23000 to 24100) on my i9515 (Lineage 18.1) which I also installed.
My S9 with Arrow 11.0 also wants to update Magisk.
On the S4, I saw that 24.1 no longer offered any modules to choose from. The SafetyNet query has also been omitted.
Now I don't know if the update makes sense or if I can continue to live with the 23.0 version?
(sorry for Engl ... I use translators)/Device: G960F (starlte)
Topjohnwu is now working for Google so he changed some things in Magisk after 23.0 :
- no more module repository (think it is not related to Google though) you can use fox Magisk module manager instead
- there is a separate safety net test app
- the hide mechanism has been replaced by zygisk/deny list
I am personally staying on v23 (with Arrow 12).

Reactions: testerS4

xavier66

Jan 12, 2014
@king1990 on the download page, the Arrow11 version is marked as discontinued.
If that is true, could you please update the topic and main post to reflect this status?

I'd really love to get security updates for a couple more months while 12's kinks are ironed out, but I understand that your time is not infinite. Thanks a lot for your work!

king1990

Oct 13, 2012
@king1990 on the download page, the Arrow11 version is marked as discontinued.
If that is true, could you please update the topic and main post to reflect this status?

I'd really love to get security updates for a couple more months while 12's kinks are ironed out, but I understand that your time is not infinite. Thanks a lot for your work!
Unfortunately arrow servers is limited and the team decided to drop the support for the majority of arrow 11 devices. Offical Arrow 11 for exynos9810 was dropped. Arrow 12 with oss will be awesome

testerS4

Mar 7, 2019
Unfortunately arrow servers is limited and the team decided to drop the support for the majority of arrow 11 devices. Offical Arrow 11 for exynos9810 was dropped. Arrow 12 with oss will be awesome
That is very unfortunate. I also find that v11 is the most stable so far and supports many additional modules. v12 is not my favorite either. Not yet! So I have to wait and see and do without a security patch for the time being. Too bad, very bad...
(sorry for Engl ... I use translators)
Device: G960F (starlte)

Top Liked Posts