[ROM] [S9/S9+] ArrowOS 12.1 | OFFICIAL [Android 12.1] [OTA] [OSS]

Search This thread

onyxjr

Sep 12, 2021
I found a bug, everytime i turn wifi hotspot on i must turn on extend compability if I don't turn it on the hotspot won't turn on

Heledir

Mar 14, 2008
Hi,

smooth rom, I have been using it for a while now, thank you very much.

I have a problem, I can't set the default APNs since version 12.1:
I can't delete or change them.

when I select an APN, if I tap on the three dots, I get only :
Cancel

However, if I create a new APN, I can modify or delete it as usual.

Is there any solution to this?

king1990

Oct 13, 2012
I found a bug, everytime i turn wifi hotspot on i must turn on extend compability if I don't turn it on the hotspot won't turn on
Known bug. No fix yet.

Seems like Dolby Atmos doesn't work.
There are few broken profiles like (Game1,Game2 and Special Audio) other profiles workx

Hi,

smooth rom, I have been using it for a while now, thank you very much.

I have a problem, I can't set the default APNs since version 12.1:
I can't delete or change them.

when I select an APN, if I tap on the three dots, I get only :
Cancel

However, if I create a new APN, I can modify or delete it as usual.

Is there any solution to this?
Sorry don't know

king1990

Oct 13, 2012
Here is EFE (Enable Force Encryption) flashable zip

* How it works It is a very basic script that will patch the fstab to enable encryption

* How to use :
Wipe clean.
Format data to ext4.
Flash ROM.
Flash EFE
Reboot.

REMINDER: ALWAYS FLASH EFE AGAIN AFTER ROM UPDATE AND BEFORE BOOT

Warning 1: Best used with ROM that come gapps version of arrow. Some gapps (like flamegapps) can't survive the encryption and will cause a bootloop after update

Warning 2: Any ROM update will overwrite the EFE changes and the ROM wont boot.
You need to flash the zip again to boot. While it will boot fine and nothing wrong will happen I will advise to not forget to flash it (so update manually/and flash the zip)

Thanks to thenist for his help and support to make this work properly

Attachments

• exynos9810-oss-EFE.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 62

besar.memishi

Feb 11, 2022
The only thing to keep me away from this beautiful rom is that the OS is not recognizing the second camera. I tried with GCAM, OpenCamera but none of them does really zoom using the second camera.

Is there any solution about this one?

besar.memishi

Feb 11, 2022
What do you mean second camera ? My zoom works perfectly fine with different apps .
It does not use the physical camera though. Samsung has two cameras whether one is used when you zoom 10x.

Only the main one is used. Try to cover the second camera with something and you will see that camera being ignored completely

l4jos

Dec 30, 2019
Samsung Galaxy S9+
Hey I can confirm you can fix the VoLTE and VoWIFI by yourself (when clean install)

1. Look for basebands/modems (section: S9 Guides, News & Discussion)
Read carefully, pick the latest for your device as a TRWP flashable .zip
s9 is SM-G960, s9+ is SM-G965

(wipe everything, format data)
2. flash ROM
3. flash gapps (if not included)
4. flash magisk (optional)
5. flash the trwp flashable modem
6. reboot

Hey I can confirm you can fix the VoLTE and VoWIFI by yourself (when clean install)

1. Look for basebands/modems (section: S9 Guides, News & Discussion)
Read carefully, pick the latest for your device as a TRWP flashable .zip
s9 is SM-G960, s9+ is SM-G965

(wipe everything, format data)
2. flash ROM
3. flash gapps (if not included)
4. flash magisk (optional)
5. flash the trwp flashable modem
6. reboot
Ehmm, sorry to say, but updating your modem has nothing to do with voLTE/voWIFI (you can do that without clean flash btw). A too old modem can cause problems, yes, but voLTE and voWIFI are proprietary and closed source.

So AOSP Roms are simply missing the needed firmware. If you need it, you have to use a Stock-based Rom or be a godlike reverse engineer, resulting in Samsung going to trial.

In short: voLTE/voWIFI is not fixable, unless Samsung wants it fixed.

l4jos

Dec 30, 2019
Samsung Galaxy S9+
Oh, apparently flashing the modem made volte and vowifi work, because the last time I was using arrowos, volte and vowifi didn't work (but works now) I can call and browse at the same time unlike before. If you haven't try flashing a modem.. You won't know.

Maybe you can tell me what made it work? :)

Last edited:
Oh, apparently flashing the modem made volte and vowifi work, because the last time I was using arrowos, volte and vowifi didn't work (but works now) I can call and browse at the same time unlike before. If you haven't try flashing a modem.. You won't know.

Maybe you can tell me what made it work? :)
Your phone will simply fallback to 3g or below and everything will work like it should.
Some carriers are LTE only; then your phone can't fall back to old standards and you can't call or receive calls at all. Or if LTE is the only standard currently available at your location.
Just hope your carrier doesn't have the stupid idea to deactivate 3g completely.

kot7k

Aug 23, 2011
@king1990 This rom is great, but i always find the same problem with every rom on my S9+.
When you are outside on a sunny day the auto brightness set the screen brightness to the maximum level, it seems to be higher than the actual brightness the screen supports because its all dimmed and i can't barely see anything... If i manage to pull the settings menu from the status bar and lower the brightess just a little from the maximum the screen get that level correctly and it becomes brighter and i can see all good again. So my guess is that only for S9+ it would be nice if the maximum brightness level value could be lower.

I saw people talking about it in this thread https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...1-exynos-weekly.4302901/page-24#post-86881031 but i don't know if they managed to fix it. I tried to modify the files they talked about on my device but it didn't seem to work.

Steps to reproduce: with screen off, go outside on a sunny day. Turn screen on, brightness is set to maximu but you cant see anything.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    microphone not working
    gapps not installed
    not rooted
    Dont see that this will make a difference
    logo.png

ArrowOS

ABOUT
    ArrowOS
    is an AOSP/CAF based project started with the aim of keeping things simple, clean and neat.

Telegram: Channel | TG Portal/Links
    Github: https://github.com/ArrowOS
    Code Review: review.arrowos.net
    E-mail: arrowos.contact
    PayPal: Donate to us
    Blog: blog.arrowos.net

Checkout more documentation at (maintainership/contributing): Check this out

WHAT WORKS?
    • Almost everything

WHAT DOESN'T WORK?
    • Volte, Wifi Calling and other samsung proprietary apps
    Be sure to include a log : check how to

DOWNLOADS

SUPPORT GROUP
    Telegram

Read our blog article/post about:
    * HOW-TO report a bug
    * GAPPS and VANILLA variants
    * Checking build integrity

ROM Source: https://github.com/ArrowOS
    Kernel Source: https://github.com/ArrowOS-Devices/android_kernel_samsung_exynos9810

CREDITS
    ArrowOS Team for the rom sources
    All the tester and developers in Exynos9810 TG group
    Regarding updates I think many notice that OTA was stopped and the download links showing as discontinued. That because android 12.0 support has been ended in favor of 12.1 which will be available soon.
    The problem with 12.1 is google released a broken sources AGAIN and the current state of 12.1 is not good for public release. I would estimate another month for a stable release.
    Pre-release builds

Thank you everyone for your patience, you will enjoy this release with many bug fixes and better overall experience:

Changelog :

• Arrow 12.1 based on Android 12.1.
    • Fully rebased on latest Joisp(los19.1) trees.
    • Updated Mali blobs and many other from N770F.
    • Fixed USB Audio.
    • Fixed WPA2-EAP connection.
    • Dolby profile works similar to stock oneui.
    • Fixed Spen cursor and landscape mode.
    • Kernel upstreamed from 4.9.291 to 4.9.312 thanks to
    • Increase the thickness of Status bar to fit privacy indicators pills. Thanks to Dylan for convincing me lol.
    • Support for N variant.
    • Switch to aidl vibration hal , better effect and be customized from the accessibility menu.
    • Fixed Ok google
    • Better overall performance and battery life,
    • F2FS support for both data and cache
    • And many more small changes here and there.
    Download:

Note:
    Clean flash is mandatory.
    These builds WONT force encrypt your device, will be informed soon if the official build will force encrypt

Known bugs:
    5Ghz hotspot.
    Encryption.

Happy flashing
    Turn off Always on Display.
    Thank you it worked.
    OTA is available for all.

Happy flashing