• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][S9+/S9][LineageOS 16.0][UNOFFICIAL][17-07-19]

Search This thread

geronimoge

Aug 4, 2016
Like written before: I think at least all of us here would be happy about sharing all the information at xda.

So perhaps someone could be so kind sharing the detail that there's a forum that happens to handle this stuff for years now and there's a bunch of people that would love to comment and use their builds too?

Thanks!

Reactions: mrmodzix

bdwilk

May 17, 2016
American/Philippines
Dude, I got that link from the telegram group yesterday. If there are newer ones I simply did not see them because a chat group is the wrong platform to distribute these kind of information.
It has nothing to do with laziness! A chat group is useful for chatting and getting feedback during development. But to distribute a build to the public you need a central page with links to the sourcecodes and the builds that people can find during a google serach.
I'm not sure which chat you're talking about. The one marked ROM CENTRAL is the one to get the latest builds. Robs chat isn't being updated with builds anymore. My remark about laziness is that telegram is free, and for about 3 years now it's been the place to go for development, so I don't understand why anyone in this community isn't already on there. So when someone gets on here and asks other people to do the work for them (i.e. finding links to builds) then I'd call that lazy.

Why not just create an XDA thread though? Like the other guy said, a group chat isn't ideal for updates.

Like written before: I think at least all of us here would be happy about sharing all the information at xda.

So perhaps someone could be so kind sharing the detail that there's a forum that happens to handle this stuff for years now and there's a bunch of people that would love to comment and use their builds too?

Thanks!

Well, since nobody in this thread owns the links and the guys who are building them have decided to stay away from XDA for the time being, I'd say it's a take it or leave it situation. Anyone other than the devs who takes these links and makes a thread is a scumbag. XDA is/was the place to go for ROMs and mods but honestly it's old school now and really hard to give up to the minute feedback.

A thread just to have links wouldn't be a bad idea but like I said that's up to the guys building these ROMs.

Sent from my Galaxy S9+ using XDA Labs

Last edited:

bdwilk

May 17, 2016
American/Philippines
If you're really serious about ROMs and Android customisation then your telegram should look something like my SS below. You'll notice there's far more activity on there (up to the minute) than anywhere else.

P.S. yeah I'm running AEX on my s9+.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190901-173124_Plus.jpg
    Screenshot_20190901-173124_Plus.jpg
    257.6 KB · Views: 526
Last edited:
Reactions: Andy Plays

Speedmatze

Apr 25, 2009
I'm not sure which chat you're talking about. The one marked ROM CENTRAL is the one to get the latest builds. Robs chat isn't being updated with builds anymore. My remark about laziness is that telegram is free, and for about 3 years now it's been the place to go for development, so I don't understand why anyone in this community isn't already on there. So when someone gets on here and asks other people to do the work for them (i.e. finding links to builds) then I'd call that lazy.
Nope, it's not lazy. Some people just have limited amount of time.
Here on xda there are rules (like no OT,...) and those mean you don't have to sift through tons of OT to find the relevant information. You come here to the right thread and find your information.
On telegram you don't have these rules and the threads look accordingly!

It is also a matter of searchability. Threads on xda can be easily found (there are subforums, rules for titles, etc). As this order does not exist in telegram it is much harder to keep up and after being absent for some time you don't know what has been going on.

Well, since nobody in this thread owns the links and the guys who are building them have decided to stay away from XDA for the time being, I'd say it's a take it or leave it situation. Anyone other than the devs who takes these links and makes a thread is a scumbag. XDA is/was the place to go for ROMs and mods but honestly it's old school now and really hard to give up to the minute feedback.
No, such a guy is not a scumbag as long as he clearly states that it is not his work!
I would highly appreciate someone to maintain a thread with updated information and links to ROMS.
As I said above: Some people simply do not have the time to browse through all kinds of OT to find information and who still would like to keep their devices up to date.

bdwilk

May 17, 2016
American/Philippines
what Statusbar icons are you using? and can you share it please?
The theme is Deep Darkness. It's been in private testing for a couple years now. Not sure if/when it'll be publicly released. I can't share, sorry.

Nope, it's not lazy. Some people just have limited amount of time.
Here on xda there are rules (like no OT,...) and those mean you don't have to sift through tons of OT to find the relevant information. You come here to the right thread and find your information.
On telegram you don't have these rules and the threads look accordingly!

It is also a matter of searchability. Threads on xda can be easily found (there are subforums, rules for titles, etc). As this order does not exist in telegram it is much harder to keep up and after being absent for some time you don't know what has been going on.

No, such a guy is not a scumbag as long as he clearly states that it is not his work!
I would highly appreciate someone to maintain a thread with updated information and links to ROMS.
As I said above: Some people simply do not have the time to browse through all kinds of OT to find information and who still would like to keep their devices up to date.
LOL. Okiedokie. Sorry for those guys then. I'm a 40 year old father with 27 dogs and I can find the time. If you want something then you'll find a way. Also anything that's important (like links) gets pinned in those chats and you'd get a notification. No way anyone reads thousands of posts. The good thing is the rules are set in each chat and there isn't a governing body telling everyone how to act.

Last edited:

bdwilk

May 17, 2016
American/Philippines
Don't forget about the channels either. Most chats are used for discussion and they'll have a corresponding channel for releases or news. It's really more organized than you make it out to be which tells me you've only spent minimal time there and didn't explore all it has to offer. Any web-based forum could never compare.

I use Plus Messenger which uses telegrams API and offers a ton more features than the official telegram. For instance tabs, if you check my screenshot I have tabs for groups, people, favorites, channels, bots, etc.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190902-152039_Plus.jpg
    Screenshot_20190902-152039_Plus.jpg
    255.9 KB · Views: 356

Speedmatze

Apr 25, 2009
Don't forget about the channels either. Most chats are used for discussion and they'll have a corresponding channel for releases or news. It's really more organized than you make it out to be which tells me you've only spent minimal time there and didn't explore all it has to offer. Any web-based forum could never compare.

I use Plus Messenger which uses telegrams API and offers a ton more features than the official telegram. For instance tabs, if you check my screenshot I have tabs for groups, people, favorites, channels, bots, etc.

Yeah, I was using a (probably not up-to-date) original desktop client from telegram. I just got in there, searched for the latest link for my S9 I could find and closed it. That's how it is supposed to work.

LOL. Okiedokie. Sorry for those guys then. I'm a 40 year old father with 27 dogs and I can find the time. If you want something then you'll find a way. Also anything that's important (like links) gets pinned in those chats and you'd get a notification. No way anyone reads thousands of posts. The good thing is the rules are set in each chat and there isn't a governing body telling everyone how to act.

Sometimes governing bodies help... ;)
Let's take this discussion for example. We are completely straying OT and filling the thread with non-useful information. That's not how it is supposed to be!

If you're really serious about ROMs and Android customisation then your telegram should look something like my SS below. You'll notice there's far more activity on there (up to the minute) than anywhere else.

Well, I have been modifying my phone since my first android. I pushed the development of of new ROM for my last device and help when i have the time to spare (which is not often).
But as you can see by the time since I registered on this platform and the number of posts compared to yours, my priorities are in real life and my main interest here is to find one ROM (ideally pure Lineage) that I can use as a daily driver to avoid the original crap from the manufacturers. I am happy to help in testing and feedback. But that's it.
You obviously have different priorities. Totally fine with me.
Please just accept that other people have other priorities and that for those a central post with updated information is more helpful than a chat group...

mrmodzix

Apr 21, 2018
Yeah, I was using a (probably not up-to-date) original desktop client from telegram. I just got in there, searched for the latest link for my S9 I could find and closed it. That's how it is supposed to work.

Sometimes governing bodies help... ;)
Let's take this discussion for example. We are completely straying OT and filling the thread with non-useful information. That's not how it is supposed to be!

Well, I have been modifying my phone since my first android. I pushed the development of of new ROM for my last device and help when i have the time to spare (which is not often).
But as you can see by the time since I registered on this platform and the number of posts compared to yours, my priorities are in real life and my main interest here is to find one ROM (ideally pure Lineage) that I can use as a daily driver to avoid the original crap from the manufacturers. I am happy to help in testing and feedback. But that's it.
You obviously have different priorities. Totally fine with me.
Please just accept that other people have other priorities and that for those a central post with updated information is more helpful than a chat group...
Could you send me the link for LineageOS? I tried searching the group but couldn't find anything.

Bunuel

Aug 31, 2019
Hello :)

I have a problem that only occurs with this Rom.

If I set the flash of the camera to flash with every shot,
then the camera freezes and I have to restart the camera.

Everything else works fine (as far as I could tell).

I installed several Roms yesterday, including the current Stock Rom,
but it only ever occurs with this Rom. :(

Can someone check whether he also has the problem?

And more interesting for me:
Can someone help me to solve the problem? :)

I have a SM-G960F

Many thanks in advance
Bunuel :cool:

There's another problem with this rom.
i can't hide my caller-id.
even if i use the gsm-code (#31#)
My phone number is always transmitted.

i flashed the rom several times and used a current stock rom in between.
these two errors always only occurred with this rom.

vomad

Jun 8, 2017
Volgograd
Google pay doesn't work on Rob's July build. I can add a card but terminals (when I try to pay) wrote "your card is broken". On a LOS 15.1 official and unofficial all's good. Can anyone tell what's the problem is?

I made an rom update channel for exynos9810 devices :)
Much easier to keep up-to-date
I will post any further updates there

Join here https://t.me/exy9810

Top Liked Posts