[ROM][S9+/S9][LineageOS 16.0][UNOFFICIAL][17-07-19]

Search This thread

ColdIllyrian

Recognized Developer
Nov 2, 2017
London
Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 5g
On comments most of you saying the rom is very smooth , for me its very laggy , not smooth at all , I have s9+ , i tried many things like kernels clean flash dirty flash but nothing changed , is there anything special to do ?
And gsi roms work much smoother thank this rom
If you have installed stock gapps or big gapps it makes it lag if you install pico gapps no lag though if you havent done that don't know sorry

Aquajd

Aug 30, 2018
Hi firstly - a most excellent rom and thank you for bringing it to my s9+

Initially the rom was very smooth - I've installed gapps and rooted with magisk. My one concern is that SElinux is disabled and that even though rooted the the root is not enabled under the trust section. I have followed your instructions for installing to the letter and all appeared fine. Is this normal or has something been overlooked?
Thanks in advance
J

Drizzt321

Jun 12, 2018
Hi firstly - a most excellent rom and thank you for bringing it to my s9+

Initially the rom was very smooth - I've installed gapps and rooted with magisk. My one concern is that SElinux is disabled and that even though rooted the the root is not enabled under the trust section. I have followed your instructions for installing to the letter and all appeared fine. Is this normal or has something been overlooked?
Thanks in advance
J

I've got Magisk installed, it prompts for root and such as expected, but in the Android settings my Root is set as Disabled. That's fine.

But yea, I do see SELinux is disabled, and haven't been able to enable it.

odysseus84

Dec 19, 2010
Solothurn
I've got Magisk installed, it prompts for root and such as expected, but in the Android settings my Root is set as Disabled. That's fine.

root is only set to "enabled" if you use the official su addon from the LOS download page.
You can enable SELinux with a magisk script, but it breaks stuff like Bluetooth.

Zwulf

SELinux works with Endurance kernel. Flash kernel, Magisk and after reboot you can set SELinux to enabled (e.g. with Kernel Adiutor in Misc section).

Drizzt321

Jun 12, 2018
I also had trouble earlier with encrypting my data. I plugged it in, set it to start encrypting over night but when I woke up in the morning it would boot to the unlock pattern, I'd put the pattern in, it'd sit there for a bit, and then restart back up to TWRP. Had to wipe my user data, which included me not having it encrypted.

Thoughts?

zzattack

May 24, 2009
Nice ROM. Is it possible to remap bixby button with this? Seems bixby remapper in magisk and bxactions do nothing for me.

bdwilk

May 17, 2016
American/Philippines
OnePlus One
OnePlus 5T
Nice ROM. Is it possible to remap bixby button with this? Seems bixby remapper in magisk and bxactions do nothing for me.

There's a way to do it manually. If you go to
/system/usr/keylayout/gpio_keys.kl and edit key 703 to one of the following then it should work. I use POWER and I know 100% it works.

key 703 BACK
key 703 CALENDAR
key 703 CALL
key 703 CONTACTS
key 703 HOME
key 703 EXPLORER
key 703 MENU
key 703 MESSAGE
key 703 MEDIA_NEXT
key 703 MEDIA_PLAY_PAUSE
key 703 MEDIA_PREVIOUS
key 703 POWER
key 703 QPANEL_ON_OFF
key 703 SYSRQ
key 703 SEARCH
key 703 SLEEP
key 703 WAKEUP
key 703 APP_SWITCH
key 703 VOICE_ASSIST

For OneUI users it's under
/system/usr/keylayout/generic.kl

Last edited:

zohaibshafijutt

May 10, 2015
Lahore
There's a way to do it manually. If you go to
/system/usr/keylayout/gpio_keys.kl and edit key 703 to one of the following then it should work. I use POWER and I know 100% it works.

key 703 BACK
key 703 CALENDAR
key 703 CALL
key 703 CONTACTS
key 703 HOME
key 703 EXPLORER
key 703 MENU
key 703 MESSAGE
key 703 MEDIA_NEXT
key 703 MEDIA_PLAY_PAUSE
key 703 MEDIA_PREVIOUS
key 703 POWER
key 703 QPANEL_ON_OFF
key 703 SYSRQ
key 703 SEARCH
key 703 SLEEP
key 703 WAKEUP
key 703 APP_SWITCH
key 703 VOICE_ASSIST

For OneUI users it's under
/system/usr/keylayout/generic.kl
I have tried several apps including ur method but it does not work for voice assistant for one press whereas it is working fine for long press and double press (voice assistant does not work on double press and long press). Other functions and tasks work

Reactions: bdwilk

rupert3k

Aug 28, 2013
Root & Kernel Query

Very grateful to Synt4x.93.

wishing to avoid KGG Prenormal RMM state whenever I flash this rom I also flashed RMM_Bypass_v3_corsicanu.zip.
Also because no-verity-opt-encrypt-samsung-1.0 is referenced in a Root S9 guide I read I tried installing the following zips in TWRP to no avail:

lineage-16.0-20190717-UNOFFICIAL-starlte.zip
open_gapps-arm64-9.0-pico-20190810.zip
no-verity-opt-encrypt-samsung-1.0.zip
RMM_Bypass_v3_corsicanu.zip
Magisk-v19.3.zip
ElementalX-S9-2.09.zip

After failing I eventually managed to load it by simply flashing:

The rom is running beautifully, I am using the Pixel launcher.
My only annoyance is "Hey Google" assistant doesn't voice activate.

Anxious to get rooted with ElementalX but everytime I try flashing ElementalX it fails so I have to start again.
Can anyone advice me on the best way to get this excellent rom rooted with ElementalX, should I use SuperSU or Magisk?

Should I just try:
ElementalX-S9-2.09.zip
Magisk-v19.3.zip

?

Regards rupert3k

Last edited:

bdwilk

May 17, 2016
American/Philippines
OnePlus One
OnePlus 5T

because I'm reluctant to avoid KGG Prenormal RMM state whenever I flash this rom I also flashed RMM_Bypass_v3_corsicanu.zip.
Also because no-verity-opt-encrypt-samsung-1.0 is referenced in a Root S9 guide I read I tried installing the following zips in TWRP to no avail:

Magisk-v19.3.zip
ElementalX-S9-2.09.zip

After failing to install Lineage on my S9 (running stock rom) I eventually managed to load it by simply flashing:

The rom is running beatifully, I am using the Pixel launcher.

Anxious to get rooted with ElementalX but everytime I try flashing ElementalX and Magisk it fails & messes up my Lineage install so I have to start again.
Can anyone advice me on the best way to get this excellent rom rooted with ElementalX, should I use SuperSU or Magisk?

Should I just try:
ElementalX-S9-2.09.zip
Magisk-v19.3.zip

?

Regards rupert3k
1) you don't need RMM Zip.
2) EX doesn't have an LOS kernel.

Just use stock kernel or Endurance or White Wolf. Use the AOSP or LOS versions of those kernels.

ROM
GApps
Kernel
Magisk

Sent from my Galaxy S9+ using XDA Labs

CM@S5

Oct 25, 2015
Problems with WiFi Hotspot function

My old LineageOS 15.x had no problems with the wifi hotspot, but this one.
The connection is made with pwd and sid, (and wrong pwd is recognized) and registered at the phone, but i.e. the browser does not work.
Any ideas?

Anyway, great work! Hope it will be available at the official port soon for all the s9s.
EDIT:
The cause is the misconfigured APN for Deutsche Telekom within the german LineageOS 16 distribution. To be more precise to my original message: Some URLs don't work, some URLs do.
Using the pre-configured APN alternative called Lebara (a sub provider of Deutsche Telekom) there are no problems, also if switched to the mixed protocol option v4/v6.
I tried to change different parameters, but i did not found the real reason of the misbehavior.

Last edited:

mrmodzix

Apr 21, 2018

wishing to avoid KGG Prenormal RMM state whenever I flash this rom I also flashed RMM_Bypass_v3_corsicanu.zip.

Magisk-v19.3.zip
ElementalX-S9-2.09.zip

After failing I eventually managed to load it by simply flashing:

The rom is running beautifully, I am using the Pixel launcher.

Anxious to get rooted with ElementalX but everytime I try flashing ElementalX it fails so I have to start again.

Should I just try:
ElementalX-S9-2.09.zip
Magisk-v19.3.zip

?

Regards rupert3k
How are you using the pixel launcher? Thought it didn't work on this build

Top Liked Posts