[ROM][S9/S9+][LineageOS 17.1][UNOFFICIAL][09/01/2020]

Search This thread

Speedmatze

Apr 25, 2009
Yes .... since the version EdXposed works smoothly. Xposed has not existed since Q. Now calls itself EdXposed. RiruCore 19.7, RiruEdXposed 0.4.6.1.
However, it can happen that after the flash from EdXposed you get stuck in download mode. That's how it happened to me. Then something has to be changed in the EdXposed file via TWRP. Only then did the phone start the regular system start.

Thanks for the hint! I was waiting for Xposed to be working before switching to LOS17.
Can you tell me what needs to be changed in the EdXposed file or where to find an instruction for that?

mvn23

Feb 15, 2014
So I see there's a new release as of yesterday, but no release notes... Anything special to take care of with the update? What's the permissive-boot.img for?

D

Deleted member 5115178

So I see there's a new release as of yesterday, but no release notes... Anything special to take care of with the update? What's the permissive-boot.img for?
See github for the relevant changes. All releases have a SELinux enforcing kernel, if you for whatever reason need a permissive kernel you can flash the permissive-boot.img.

Fadzz

Jun 5, 2013
Beirut
Issues I've had so far (bear in mind many of these are probably not the fault of the developer). Otherwise, everything runs smoothly, battery lasts longer, no performance issues:

1) During device setup, it forces you to activate Google Assistant by asking you to say "ok Google", but when you do that, nothing happens, it doesn't respond to it and just keeps waiting (only way around this is to finish phone setup without connecting to internet)

2) There is no clipboard (except through a 3rd party keyboard)

3) WiFi stopped working randomly, but disconnecting then reconnecting fixes this

4) Battery percentage (or any battery icon modifications) are not working

5) Magisk did not pass safety net, but there's a module to fix this

6) File transfer via USB is working, though transfers were notably slower than on stock firmware

7) Probably mentioned before, but phone identity to my wifi network changes upon every restart, requiring me to login again

SCREENSHOTS
vpAuXcL.png
ZxrdbOb.png
A67G2Dk.png
MyaUcV2.png

Last edited:
Reactions: geronimoge

testerS4

Mar 7, 2019
Thanks for the hint! I was waiting for Xposed to be working before switching to LOS17.
Can you tell me what needs to be changed in the EdXposed file or where to find an instruction for that?
Install RiruCore 19.7 via Magisk, install Riru EdXposed 0.4.6.1. Then see if Phone starts until registration. If it only starts up to download mode, then rename or delete the file post-fs-data.sh via TWRP data / adb / modules / riru_edxposed / ... That has helped me. good luck

Fadzz

Jun 5, 2013
Beirut
Issues I've had so far (bear in mind many of these are probably not the fault of the developer). Otherwise, everything runs smoothly, battery lasts longer, no performance issues:

1) During device setup, it forces you to activate Google Assistant by asking you to say "ok Google", but when you do that, nothing happens, it doesn't respond to it and just keeps waiting (only way around this is to finish phone setup without connecting to internet)

3) WiFi stopped working randomly, but disconnecting then reconnecting fixes this

6) File transfer via USB is working, though transfers were notably slower than on stock firmware

7) Probably mentioned before, but phone identity to my wifi network changes upon every restart, requiring me to login again

SCREENSHOTS
vpAuXcL.png
ZxrdbOb.png
A67G2Dk.png
MyaUcV2.png

8) Echo during phone calls can be heard by the person I'm talking to

9) "This OS is incompatible with this game" error (screenshot below; only seen this on Pokémon Go so far). Magisk hide doesn't resolve this

3Aan6ZP.png

D

Deleted member 5115178

Don't use Google Assistant, so can't help you with 1. I don't experience 2-4 & 6 and 5 is known. 7 can be fixed by using your phone's own MAC-address.

Apunkt

Mar 21, 2020
confirm, works like a charm!

Thanks!

Hi, i just installed the 21-03-20 image (on DTB4 BL and vendor) and everything is working fine except for the bluetooth calls on my Bose QC35 II. Music and car bluetooth calls are working :confused:
I experienced the same issues in LOS 16. Any idea how to fix this ?

Thank you
Apunkt

Last edited:

Speedmatze

Apr 25, 2009
Install RiruCore 19.7 via Magisk, install Riru EdXposed 0.4.6.1. Then see if Phone starts until registration. If it only starts up to download mode, then rename or delete the file post-fs-data.sh via TWRP data / adb / modules / riru_edxposed / ... That has helped me. good luck

Works like a charm. Thanks!

dedq

May 14, 2015
Belgrade
Yes .... since the version EdXposed works smoothly. Xposed has not existed since Q. Now calls itself EdXposed. RiruCore 19.7, RiruEdXposed 0.4.6.1.
However, it can happen that after the flash from EdXposed you get stuck in download mode. That's how it happened to me. Then something has to be changed in the EdXposed file via TWRP. Only then did the phone start the regular system start.
_____________________________________________________________________________________
20.3. 18:10 GMT+1
And today an update! Thanks to the developers for the time you invest.
I can report the following after this update:
I installed the LOS March 20, 2020 dirty. The first thing I did was look at Magisk. Everything was green there. Nevertheless, my EdXposed was faulty. So I flashed the associated BootImage file. Then Magisk was faulty again as at yesterday on March 19, 2020. So Magisk 20.3 flashed again and then everything fit again. Magisk current, EdXposed active. So everything does not fit without BootImages, but also not with BootImages. Something is always shot down. But once I have noticed the procedure, I can live with it.
Wifi, mobile internet, GPS ... ok
The SystemCam and the gallery can only be used together, on internal storage. Faulty on SD card. (alternative: OpenCamera and Simple Galerie)
The separate setting of start and lock screen does not work.
The start screen is always the lock screen.
(sorry for Engl ... I use translators)
SM-G960F

I managed to get it working with Riru Core 19.7 and YAHFA which I flashed normally in TWRP.
No Download mode by the way at all!

Thanks.

Reactions: charlie3432

testerS4

Mar 7, 2019
I managed to get it working with Riru Core 19.7 and YAHFA which I flashed normally in TWRP.
No Download mode by the way at all!

Thanks.
After I flashed the update from March 19th, 2020 with the corresponding image, my Magisk was broken and at the same time EdXposed. Had to flash Magisk manually via TWRP. And the same problem with March 20, 2020. The image in the update probably always shoots the Magisk.

dedq

May 14, 2015
Belgrade
After I flashed the update from March 19th, 2020 with the corresponding image, my Magisk was broken and at the same time EdXposed. Had to flash Magisk manually via TWRP. And the same problem with March 20, 2020. The image in the update probably always shoots the Magisk.

It does screw up the Magisk image actually and you have to reflash it later.
The same happened to me.

Reactions: charlie3432

testerS4

Mar 7, 2019
I wonder if I always have to flash the associated image in the update folder? KB moderate there are slight differences for each image.

CM@S5

Oct 25, 2015
Here my issues

I'm sorry, but i switched back to version 9 after testing:

Same issues on dirty flash and after factory reset
1) using it during driving and with BT mobile network is switching on and off
2) phone almost not understandable, tried incoming and outgoing calls

After dirty flash:
3) it is not possible to set finger print any more or lock/unlock the phone, locking has to be switched off. For new user added it works - factory reset is necessary

stay healthy

jorgespv

Jan 20, 2012
I just dirty flashed 20200324 Without recovering data
I have an SM-G650F with TWRP 3.3.1-0
I have just rebooted to recovery, data backup, installed ROM and rebooted to system. No bootloop
Then I have rebooted to install WhiteWolf kernel and Magisk and had no problem. Thank you very much for the amazing ROM!

Reactions: crhylove

testerS4

Mar 7, 2019
After dirty flash:
3) it is not possible to set finger print any more or lock/unlock the phone, locking has to be switched off. For new user added it works - factory reset is necessary

stay healthy
I don't even want to try what you describe. Already possible that the finger sensor gets mixed up with a dirty flash. Then maybe deactivate before flashing security.
(sorry for Engl ... I use translators)

Last edited:

beugologist

Jul 23, 2017
Having some issues with BT calls using true wireless earbuds (WF 1000 XM3's).
>Tried forcing SBC codec, doesn't seem to do anything.
>Toggling off AAC in bluetooth settings does nothing, either.
>On rob's latest 24/03/2020 build.

Anybody had luck with this? Cheers

Reactions: crhylove

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What's working:
    • Wi-Fi
    • Bluetooth
    • Mobile Network (Calling, Data, etc.)
    • Audio (Stereo Speakers)
    • Camera
    • Fingerprint Sensor
    • S-Pen Basics
    • Call Recording
    • HWC
    • Signal Indicator
    • GPS
    • Sensors
    • HDMI
    • NFC

What's not working:
    • Iris sensor does not work because AOSP upstream does not support that yet.
    • IMS services (VoLTE, VoWiFi, etc). Samsung has their own proprietary implementation. It is not really possible to easily port that to LineageOS.

Bugs:
    • S-Pen/Mouse will cause small graphical glitches during button animations sometimes.
    • Signal Indicator

Instructions:
    • Make sure TWRP has been installed and functional
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Wipe data and cache (required if you switch from other ROMs)
    • Flash the latest build (then gapps and magisk if needed)
    • Reboot

THE VENDOR.IMG IS PROVIDED AS PART OF THE ROM. FLASHING ANOTHER VENDOR WILL CAUSE A BOOTLOOP.

How to update builds?
    • Do not wipe anything unless stated in the changelog
    • Flash only the rom.zip and it will automatically reinstall your gapps, magisk, vendor etc
    • use /system/addon.d if you would like to keep system mods after an update

Downloads:

If you get booting and or wifi issues with this new build, I would recommend a completely clean flash. It would appear some things have changed upstream in Lineage & Magisk that are causing issues.

Changelog:
    09/01/2019
    • Fixed NFC (Requires factory reset if on earlier build)
    • WiFi should behave a bit more.

23/12/2019
    • Hardware decoding of UHD video no longer lags/stutters
    • Bluetooth call audio working
    • UHD video recording with the camera app fixed
    • Built against LOS december sources

20/12/2019
    • Wifi tethering now works
    • Kernel upstreamed to 4.9.202

19/12/2019
    • DRM protected content will no longer crash the device (YouTube, Spotify, Netflix, etc)
    • Fingerprint scanner now works properly

18/12/2019
    • GPS is now able to get a more accurate location
    • Sensors work (gyro, light sensor, etc)
    • Fixed issue with Gapps causes bootloop after installing an update

16/12/2019
    • First Build

Telegram Group:
    [Exynos9810][LineageOS 17.0][UNOFFICIAL]

Paypal:
    abtekk

Contributors: @CodeFox, @jesec, @farovitus, @Vaughnn, @Eamo5 + many others that i cant remember, commit history is on my github.
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS/
    Kernel: https://github.com/evilexecutable/android_kernel_samsung_universal9810-star/tree/lineage-17.0

ROM OS Version: 10 (Q)
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.9.185

Version Information
    Last Updated: 16-12-2019

XDA:DevDB Information
    Lineage-17.1, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S9

Contributors
    abtekk, synt4x.93
    Source Code: https://github.com/evilexecutable/android_kernel_samsung_universal9810-star/tree/lineage-17.0

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x

Version Information
    Beta Release Date: 2019-12-16

Created 2019-12-17
    Last Updated 2020-01-29
    New S9/+ Build Uploaded

Changelog:
    - GPS is now able to get a more accurate location
    - Sensors work (gyro, light sensor, etc)
    - Fixed issue with Gapps causes bootloop after installing an update

Bugs:
    - Fingerprint sensor is recognised by the system, but doesn't react to touch (still investigating)
    New S9/S9+ build uploaded

Changelog:
    19/12/2019

- DRM protected content will no longer crash the device
    - Fingerprint scanner now works properly
    Reserved

Changelog

17/12/2019
    - First build
    New S9/+ Build uploaded
    23/12/2019
    - Hardware decoding of UHD video no longer lags/stutters