• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][S9/S9+][LineageOS 17.1][UNOFFICIAL][09/01/2020]

Search This thread

dedq

May 14, 2015
Belgrade
I just dirty flashed 20200324 Without recovering data
I have an SM-G650F with TWRP 3.3.1-0
I have just rebooted to recovery, data backup, installed ROM and rebooted to system. No bootloop
Then I have rebooted to install WhiteWolf kernel and Magisk and had no problem. Thank you very much for the amazing ROM!

Why WhiteWolf by the way?

---------- Post added at 10:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 AM ----------

I don't even want to try what you describe. Already possible that the finger sensor gets mixed up with a dirty flash. Then maybe deactivate before flashing security.
(sorry for Engl ... I use translators)

I have no idea what is going going on with your fingerprint sensors guys, I have flashed Los over ten times and never had problems.

---------- Post added at 10:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 AM ----------

Is the camera good? Is it supporting slow motion 960 Fps and other Samsung features?

It is just a basic camera and one of the worst I have seen.
You should install Gcam if you want to have some capabilities.

By the way I did not manage to get it working well.

Last edited:
Reactions: charlie3432

testerS4

Mar 7, 2019
Cam...

Is the camera good? Is it supporting slow motion 960 Fps and other Samsung features?
The cam in LOS is useless. And she has big problems with the SD card. The SD card must always be reinserted after taking a photo so that the images are displayed in the gallery. I recently saw an app in the Play Store, which is actually chargeable but currently free:
Manual camera - DSLR Camera Professional. It seems to be quite usable. I can't tell you whether it supports slow motion. Just try it out.

Last edited:

Pierfranc

Nov 20, 2011
Why WolfWolf by the way?

---------- Post added at 10:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 AM ----------

I have no idea what is going going on with your fingerprint sensors guys, I have flashed Los over ten times and never had problems.

---------- Post added at 10:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 AM ----------

It is just a basic camera and one of the worst I have seen.
You should install Gcam if you want to have some capabilities.

By the way I did not manage to get it working well.

Ah ok, thanks. I don't want lose Samsung features to get another Rom. I prefer Lineage but if this means the lost of good software I leave it.

---------- Post added at 09:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 AM ----------

The cam in LOS is useless. And she has big problems with the SD card. The SD card must always be reinserted after taking a photo so that the images are displayed in the gallery. I recently saw an app in the Play Store, which is actually chargeable but currently free:
Manual camera - DSLR Camera Professional. It seems to be quite usable. I can't tell you whether it supports slow motion. Just try it out.
Ok it has big problems so I avoid it for now

testerS4

Mar 7, 2019
Ok it has big problems so I avoid it for now
You also have to remain fair to LOS. This is not a Mrd dollar company like Samsung, Google & Co. There are developers involved who work for donations. I myself have an old S4, which Samsung never considered Android 6. Thanks to LOS Pie, the latest security patch is running in March 2020. I think that's great. And you asked for the camera app ... yes it is not good. But there are alternative apps that work excellently, such as OpenCamera or the one I mentioned, which is currently free in the store. Using LOS means a little extra work for those who use it.;)
Stay healthy!
SM-G960F

Pierfranc

Nov 20, 2011
You also have to remain fair to LOS. This is not a Mrd dollar company like Samsung, Google & Co. There are developers involved who work for donations. I myself have an old S4, which Samsung never considered Android 6. Thanks to LOS Pie, the latest security patch is running in March 2020. I think that's great. And you asked for the camera app ... yes it is not good. But there are alternative apps that work excellently, such as OpenCamera or the one I mentioned, which is currently free in the store. Using LOS means a little extra work for those who use it.;)
Stay healthy!
SM-G960F

Yes yes, I understand but when I choose a Rom I check for stability and speed, Los was a good choice but you have to renounce to many features so better not for now.

testerS4

Mar 7, 2019
[email protected]
With the new update from March 26th, 2020 I tested the error you described with the finger sensor. So I set up finger sensor + pattern in the LOS and checked for correct function. Then the update flashed. After the update, my fingerprint and pattern were recognized correctly. It was also possible to delete the finger sensor and create a new one. Mh ... :confused: then it is difficult to find plausible answers. Somewhere there must be differences in the type of ROM, installation, boot loader or device. Even if that doesn't help you now ... I can only pass this on to the xda community.
Tomorrow I will test the long described bug with the BT Car Call with Skoda Superb radio system 2017. In January this was still negative.
SM-G960F

Last edited:

alex1452

Nov 9, 2019
Signature Spoofing?

Very interesting. Does the ROM allow Signature Spoofing so that I can use MicroG instead of Gapps?

Hack_AR

Jan 16, 2019
Hi folks!
Maybe I've missed some post, I'm sorry if so.
I've decided to upgrade from last working 8.1 LOS build to this one, since a lot of you seem to be happy with it. I could flash the version linked on the front page (2020-01-09) without any issue. Magisk 20.4, EdXposed etc. seem to work fine. But then I tried to update to more recent version. Neither 2020-03-24 nor 2020-03-26 did work. After flashing the phone gets stuck on the Samsung boot logo. What did I miss?

P. S. I'm sorry, but I don't want to install / register at Telegram. I like to avoid closed-source programs and unnecessary registering if possible

Reactions: crhylove

dedq

May 14, 2015
Belgrade
Hi folks!
Maybe I've missed some post, I'm sorry if so.
I've decided to upgrade from last working 8.1 LOS build to this one, since a lot of you seem to be happy with it. I could flash the version linked on the front page (2020-01-09) without any issue. Magisk 20.4, EdXposed etc. seem to work fine. But then I tried to update to more recent version. Neither 2020-03-24 nor 2020-03-26 did work. After flashing the phone gets stuck on the Samsung boot logo. What did I miss?

P. S. I'm sorry, but I don't want to install / register at Telegram. I like to avoid closed-source programs and unnecessary registering if possible

Did you flash the vendor?

Reactions: charlie3432

Hack_AR

Jan 16, 2019
Did you flash the vendor?
There is a vendor within the 2020-01-09 build. I assumed it's enough. But I've seen the DTB4_G965F_vendor.img in the folder @ Mega. I considered to flash it, but you can't select it in TWRP. Also, it's quite big, bigger than the 2020-01-09. So I thought it's for some other purpose.
If I'm mistaken, how do I flash it?

Hack_AR

Jan 16, 2019
Did you mark "flash image" in TWRP?
You're absolutely right. How could I've missed the "Install Image" button? :cyclops:
I've flashed the vendor, wiped the system and data, flashed the 2020-03-26 with open gapps and got a boot loop... :(

Edit: The 2020-01-09 still works, though...
Edit: I've seen
The Q bootloader is absolutely necessary. Simply from 15.1 or 16.0 to 17.1 ends in the boot loop. The vendor DBT4 is mandatory
Does the 2020-03-26 require a different bootloader than the 2020-01-09 ?

Last edited:

testerS4

Mar 7, 2019
I've flashed the vendor, wiped the system and data, flashed the 2020-03-26 with open gapps and got a boot loop...
Maybe the order you did it is wrong? First delete everything and then reinstall everything.
So: delete all / Install DTB_4 ... / Install LOS 26.3.2020 / Install GApps / Install permissive-boot image
Try this order. Oh and: choose the right folder for your phone at Mega! Is also a source of error! ;)
You can do it too ...
SM-G960F

Reactions: crhylove

Hack_AR

Jan 16, 2019
delete all / Install DTB_4 ... / Install LOS 26.3.2020 / Install GApps
Did that already.
Install permissive-boot image
What do I need permissive boot image for? I couldn't find a definite answer to that ( nor did you ;) ) From the posts I deduced it's a version of Kernel without SELinux...
choose the right folder for your phone at Mega!
Yes, all versions are for S9+ (star2lte)

testerS4

Mar 7, 2019
Did that already.

What do I need permissive boot image for? I couldn't find a definite answer to that ( nor did you ;) ) From the posts I deduced it's a version of Kernel without SELinux...
why always the permissive image ...? I don't know that either. I am not so immersed in the topic either. But the developer will know why he puts a revised boot image file into every new build. If this was not necessary, he would leave the file in a separate folder, as he already did with the DBT4 vendor. It is important that you get your system to start without bootloop.
SM-G960F

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What's working:
    • Wi-Fi
    • Bluetooth
    • Mobile Network (Calling, Data, etc.)
    • Audio (Stereo Speakers)
    • Camera
    • Fingerprint Sensor
    • S-Pen Basics
    • Call Recording
    • HWC
    • Signal Indicator
    • GPS
    • Sensors
    • HDMI
    • NFC

What's not working:
    • Iris sensor does not work because AOSP upstream does not support that yet.
    • IMS services (VoLTE, VoWiFi, etc). Samsung has their own proprietary implementation. It is not really possible to easily port that to LineageOS.

Bugs:
    • S-Pen/Mouse will cause small graphical glitches during button animations sometimes.
    • Signal Indicator

Instructions:
    • Make sure TWRP has been installed and functional
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Wipe data and cache (required if you switch from other ROMs)
    • Flash the latest build (then gapps and magisk if needed)
    • Reboot

THE VENDOR.IMG IS PROVIDED AS PART OF THE ROM. FLASHING ANOTHER VENDOR WILL CAUSE A BOOTLOOP.

How to update builds?
    • Do not wipe anything unless stated in the changelog
    • Flash only the rom.zip and it will automatically reinstall your gapps, magisk, vendor etc
    • use /system/addon.d if you would like to keep system mods after an update

Downloads:

If you get booting and or wifi issues with this new build, I would recommend a completely clean flash. It would appear some things have changed upstream in Lineage & Magisk that are causing issues.

Changelog:
    09/01/2019
    • Fixed NFC (Requires factory reset if on earlier build)
    • WiFi should behave a bit more.

23/12/2019
    • Hardware decoding of UHD video no longer lags/stutters
    • Bluetooth call audio working
    • UHD video recording with the camera app fixed
    • Built against LOS december sources

20/12/2019
    • Wifi tethering now works
    • Kernel upstreamed to 4.9.202

19/12/2019
    • DRM protected content will no longer crash the device (YouTube, Spotify, Netflix, etc)
    • Fingerprint scanner now works properly

18/12/2019
    • GPS is now able to get a more accurate location
    • Sensors work (gyro, light sensor, etc)
    • Fixed issue with Gapps causes bootloop after installing an update

16/12/2019
    • First Build

Telegram Group:
    [Exynos9810][LineageOS 17.0][UNOFFICIAL]

Paypal:
    abtekk

Contributors: @CodeFox, @jesec, @farovitus, @Vaughnn, @Eamo5 + many others that i cant remember, commit history is on my github.
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS/
    Kernel: https://github.com/evilexecutable/android_kernel_samsung_universal9810-star/tree/lineage-17.0

ROM OS Version: 10 (Q)
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.9.185

Version Information
    Last Updated: 16-12-2019

XDA:DevDB Information
    Lineage-17.1, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S9

Contributors
    abtekk, synt4x.93
    Source Code: https://github.com/evilexecutable/android_kernel_samsung_universal9810-star/tree/lineage-17.0

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x

Version Information
    Beta Release Date: 2019-12-16

Created 2019-12-17
    Last Updated 2020-01-29
    New S9/+ Build Uploaded

Changelog:
    - GPS is now able to get a more accurate location
    - Sensors work (gyro, light sensor, etc)
    - Fixed issue with Gapps causes bootloop after installing an update

Bugs:
    - Fingerprint sensor is recognised by the system, but doesn't react to touch (still investigating)
    New S9/S9+ build uploaded

Changelog:
    19/12/2019

- DRM protected content will no longer crash the device
    - Fingerprint scanner now works properly
    Reserved

Changelog

17/12/2019
    - First build
    New S9/+ Build uploaded
    23/12/2019
    - Hardware decoding of UHD video no longer lags/stutters